As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] of Holding

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    you can play magic for free online these days

I have spent hundreds of dollars on free Magic

So free

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    you can play magic for free online these days

I have spent hundreds of dollars on free Magic

So free

I mean I have zero regrets besides maybe dreaming Vannifar could be playable, and that's more disappointment

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I have spent zero dollars on Arena

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    There are three wolves inside you:
    4ufhb8s1lsk6.jpg
    One wolf will sing 1 on 1 only (no groups/events).
    Another wolf will sing original songs about the moon and stars.
    The third wolf will pay you (15/hr).

They are all Never Before Heard.

More like never heard from again

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I got the mastery track for Core 2020 and I have 3000 gems saved for Eldraine mastery track.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i forgot about vannifar. that card seems like it ought to be playable

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Mardu eldraine looking hot

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    i forgot about vannifar. that card seems like it ought to be playable

She’s fun

Definitely will make a good Brawl commander

• Options
    Vannifar: hey guys I can tutor up creatures!

Sultai/bant/simic players: "Cool, our best creature is Hydroid Krasis"

Vannifar: "that's the one creature I can't tutor up"

Sultai/bant/simic players: "Can you help us get to Nexus of Fate or Scapeshift?"

Vannifar: uhhhhh...*sweats*

• Options
    Somehow they took the core mechanic of Survival of the Fittest and made it hard to use

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Or am I thinking of Neoform?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

Oh you know that “motion comic” from the 2000s

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time

• Options
    There was a simic deck running around for a while that just stole permanents to do anything. That was fun.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

The lengthier update is that the roommate SAW THE POST ON REDDIT FIRST. D: How mortifying! But happy endings all around, I guess.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

The lengthier update is that the roommate SAW THE POST ON REDDIT FIRST. D: How mortifying! But happy endings all around, I guess.

I imagine it was kind of like a rom com moment with the roommate and the redditt post. "oh she doesn't even know!" and then the music swells and they share a passionate kiss, and then her step mom comes ov... ok wait I'm writing this wrong.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time
    I forget what Loose Change is.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    hate to walk along wet sidewalks after an evening rain storm and in the twilight every leaf you're about to step on looks like a frog but it's always just a leaf except when it is a frog

• Options
    Somehow they took the core mechanic of Survival of the Fittest and made it hard to use

Natural Order.

Survival of the Fittest is: discard then tutor to your hand

Natural Order is sacrifice then tutor straight to battlefield

Also: Birthing Pod.

Vannifar sees a little bit of play in Modern. She's not as good as Pod but she can help you tutor up combo pieces or toolbox creatures.

She's a decent creature, she's just in the worst possible Standard environment for her. She can't tutor up UG' biggest wincons (Nexus, Scapeshift, Hydroid Krasis) and the top decks are running 4-8 Teferi, who can just bounce Vannifar before she can tap and/or bounce whatever she finds.

It's a testament to how wacky Standard is that tutoring Nullhide Ferox -> Roalesk, Apex Hybrid -> Carnage Tyrant is a big nothingburger in the face of multiple variations on planeswalker.dek

Also planeswalkers suck

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »

“What’s Broken Saints?”

“Was it good?”

I forget what Loose Change is.
    The 9/11-was-an-inside-job conspiracy YouTube movie

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    there are scapeshift decks atm? shouldn't burned myself out on arena coulda finally made use of those scapeshifts I crafted

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Tired of bad screen want good screen.

Plus I have a bunch of speeeece meeeriiiiines to paint

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    oh that scapeshift combo is lame because it actually works and isn't some garbage self-mill

• Options
    P10 wrote: »
    there are scapeshift decks atm? shouldn't burned myself out on arena coulda finally made use of those scapeshifts I crafted

Yeah combos with Field of the Dead or whatever its called. Bonus points for having Teferi in play so they cant really stop you.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Real men play Gates decks.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Got wondering for some reason which Hogwarts house I'd be in. Did a couple of online quizzes and one came back with Hufflepuff and one said Ravenclaw.

I'm not even a Potter fan, can kinda take it or leave it, but for some reason this is bugging me now. I'm so confused!

At least I'm not a Slytherin.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    hate to walk along wet sidewalks after an evening rain storm and in the twilight every leaf you're about to step on looks like a frog but it's always just a leaf except when it is a frog

can you spot the frog amidst this photo of a bunch of leaves?

13pZs1I.png

no, you can't
    it's all leaves

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    What, you actually want to play Magic by playing creatures?

Pffffffft, what are you, some monored troglodyte

Unless you show up with 20 planeswalkers in your deck we aren't even going to give you a seat at the table

• Options
    i was so happy my heartwarming redemption self-mill deck actually kind of worked but then it was like why am I even bothering to run this when its a gates deck so I am shafting myself against aggro and its a gates deck so I am reliant on guild summit to win control matchups and oops every single control deck has enchantment removal maindecked because of mortify

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Feral wrote: »
    What, you actually want to play Magic by playing creatures?

Pffffffft, what are you, some monored troglodyte

Unless you show up with 20 planeswalkers in your deck we aren't even going to give you a seat at the table

Monored troglodyte is a viable deck tho.

Also azorius flyers and orzhov vampires.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Had dinner with a friend at the Japanese place near me that is so good. I had unagi and tamago nigiri with kitsune udon. He got a sushi platter and udon and rice. Had a beer. Talked and hung out for a bit. It was a good time.

Now I am watching the first episode of the new season of Terrace House: Tokyo 2019-2020.

This house is so gorgeous. OMG. Its in Tokyo and has a pool!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NEW PEOPLE! And they are older. So far 26 and 28. Youngest so far is 24.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Wikipedia says Terrace House is low-drama. Is this the case?

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

With the lid I get a bit of a Shadow of the Colossus vibe off that.

Also, that is super cool of the Smithsonian.

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

It is adorable and heart warming. The drama is over like socks.

I am not joking there.

Its Japanese.

Just skip the Hawaii season. Though a new season just started so a great time to get in. I got Simon addicted and his wife. And two of my coworkers.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Andy Richter's podcast is dark.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I only ever watched one season of Terrace House but it’s definitely great

I just don’t watch tons of tv anymore

When the cold dark months come though...

poo
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »

yes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I only ever watched one season of Terrace House but it’s definitely great

I just don’t watch tons of tv anymore

When the cold dark months come though...

Opening New Doors was my joy for ages. We have a club at work and talk about it. Its the best.

Seriously I am so excited. They are all so adorable.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    LONDON—The Australian men’s cricket team doesn’t pay attention anymore when Steve Smith tapes his shoelaces to his socks. Nor do they mind being woken up at 7 a.m. by the sound of their teammate tap-tapping his bat on the floor, because he’s decided to practice in his hotel room. After a decade, they barely notice his habit of fidgeting like a murder suspect when he bats.

By now, Australia’s cricketers know that Smith just needs to be left alone.

That's cause he's an axe murderer! Arrest that man!

This discussion has been closed.