Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat] of Holding

• SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I am watching a relaxing 8 minute video about all of the different pouches this company makes. There are dozens.

Oh Rob Liefeld's company got off the ground?

No, too heavy.

• JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

Oh you know that “motion comic” from the 2000s

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time

Do you remember a flash "motion comic", early 2000s. A guy walks into a store and asks about baby carrots, and baby peas, and baby hamburgers. It ends with "Sir, this is the library" or perhaps "Bookstore"

Not sure if you would correctly term it a motion comic. It was weekly, I think. Had some brief animation. But it was often light animation and some sound.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Kanazepherin
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    We just had a huge storm come through. Tons of lightning, spawned a tornado. Lots of high-altitude lightning once it passed by.

nibXTE7.png
    AtomikaJazz
    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    PreacherKanazepherinStyrofoam Sammich
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is crime lite some new bit of slang that's passed me by?

JazzKanashrykeKristmas Kthulhu
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Just took the gf out for an absurdly expensive vegan molecular gastronomy dinner

I can safely say it was as good as the non vegan one I went to years back

Just incredible

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    MrMisterskippydumptruckKristmas Kthulhu
  • knitdanknitdan Oh no Too much hunnyRegistered User regular
    That makes sense, at the molecular level you’re just ingesting proteins and fats and salts and sugars.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • AtomikaAtomika Brought to you by Technicolor™ Registered User regular
    I am too old to party, it seems

• IncenjucarIncenjucar Audio Game Developer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

You just need a good DM.

Atomika
  • knitdanknitdan Oh no Too much hunnyRegistered User regular
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »

You just need a good DM.

Such as Tussin

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    zepherinRedTideKadokenAtomika
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    edited September 12
    So uh

I found an AMD processor from 2005 in a drawer while looking for a flashlight

edit: *still in its unopened case

A Kobold's Kobold on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
    Couscous
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Just took the gf out for an absurdly expensive vegan molecular gastronomy dinner

Just incredible

you got ripped off, there's plenty of molecules in regular, cheap food.

PreacherKanazepherin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

creepypasta voice what's in your computer?

• WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    Oh god

Mtg has “premium” booster packs now

• JazzJazz UKRegistered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

The call is coming from INSIDE the computer!!!

Winky wrote: »
    Oh god

what's premium about them?

So uh

wait so then....

…An Intel Core i5 or an AMD Ryzen 5, depending on which computer you're talking about?

Twitter delenda est
    So uh

wait so then....

…An Intel Core i5 or an AMD Ryzen 5, depending on which computer you're talking about?

this is too spooky.

Kid Presentable
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    So uh

wait so then....

I need to pick a cpu but there are so many words to read about them it's overwhelming to my tired brain. Is AMD good again? I'm coming from a... 4670k I think.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

Just incredible

Big if true!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kid PresentablecB557
    So uh

wait so then....

I need to pick a cpu but there are so many words to read about them it's overwhelming to my tired brain. Is AMD good again? I'm coming from a... 4670k I think.

I don't really push my desktop too much, but I haven't really had any trouble with it so far??? Might wanna ask another person.

Twitter delenda est
    Kana wrote: »

Just incredible

Big if true!

small accually.

So uh

wait so then....

The new Ryzen processors that just came out a month or two ago are really great. They have a $500 CPU that is competitive with or beats out a $1200 CPU from Intel in both workstation and gaming tasks.

firewaterword
    So uh

wait so then....

Yea THE mid range gaming pc processor to buy is a Ryzen 5 3600

spool32firewaterwordzepherin
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Thanks friends. Ryzen it is.

That and a 2070 super should rip things up for a few years right? My 970 has lasted aaaaaages (and honestly still cuts it for the most part).

zepherin

That and a 2070 super should rip things up for a few years right? My 970 has lasted aaaaaages (and honestly still cuts it for the most part).

Yup that and 16gb of ram and you will be gold

firewaterword
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

if you're going AMD< you should consider their new video cards as well. Dollar for dollar they're currently faster than the comparable nVidia until you get to the Real Money Mofos, where GeForce still rules the top end.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    So uh

How did that happen?

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Isn't the Xbox One X AMD?

Yup that and 16gb of ram and you will be gold

Nice. Anything to be aware of re mobos? Current one is from msi and it has given me some guff recently.

spool32 wrote: »

if you're going AMD< you should consider their new video cards as well. Dollar for dollar they're currently faster than the comparable nVidia until you get to the Real Money Mofos, where GeForce still rules the top end.

If he’s going 2070 the 5700 is in the same area but has no ray tracing

And Nvidia still has superior driver support

Get something like this for RAM to go with a new Ryzen: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530?Item=N82E16820232530

That combo of speed (DDR4-3200) and latency (CAS 14) puts you in the sweet spot for Ryzen performance.

firewaterword
    spool32 wrote: »

Hmmmmm I had a Radeon card (7790 or something, it was a while ago) and had problems with their drivers if memory serves. That improved?

Krathoon wrote: »
    Isn't the Xbox One X AMD?

Both the PS4 and Xbox One and their next gen counterparts are AMD

Krathoon wrote: »
    So uh

How did that happen?

*opens drawer*

*sees a case with 'CPU' written in giant letters*

*takes it out and looks at it and sees that it's an AMD chip*

me: "Huh. A CPU."

Twitter delenda est
    Also I think I still have nvidia stock whereas I dumped AMD (sorry Su Bae I still love you) so should probably support them heh

spool32
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Oh god

what's premium about them?

Fancy art iirc

Sarksus wrote: »
    Get something like this for RAM to go with a new Ryzen: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530?Item=N82E16820232530

That combo of speed (DDR4-3200) and latency (CAS 14) puts you in the sweet spot for Ryzen performance.

Ahah that looks like weaponry! Cutting hazard! But thanks - picking ram is always a guessing game for me.

FWW

FYI buy Control when you get your new pc thank me later

firewaterwordEddyBurnage
This discussion has been closed.