As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[chat] of Holding

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Hello I am the most popular bartender in the world but my feet hurt a little

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I have a costume party on October 12th. I have exactly zero ideas.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Kana wrote: »

videogames are crazy

I'm curious, so are they filming all the cutscenes in English?

Like the witcher was mo-capped in Polish and then just dubbed over to English

But in this the mo-cap actors are speaking English. Are they capturing the mo-cap in Poland or do they have somewhere in the UK / US where they do it?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I poured wine at a food show again and we were slammed

I think I have said this before but there are apparently rules about how much to pour and only once and etc but I give people whatever

A lady came back to the bar area four times and said she was going to put me in her purse and carry me out lmao

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I would also link the X570 motherboard I've been considering for the Ryzen but frankly it's absurd and I'm not even sure I want it yet. It's also a Gigabyte board because I always have gotten Gigabyte boards and I am superstitious, but there are probably other manufacturers you ought to consider too.

I wish I knew of a way to better compare motherboard features because Newegg's comparison tool is terrible for motherboards. Motherboard specs are an insane jumble of tech vomit.

christ what a jumble to pick from!

uH4U4sd.png

XTREEEEEEEM! MASTER X! GAMING X!!

I want a mobo not an energy drink.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

videogames are crazy

I'm curious, so are they filming all the cutscenes in English?

Like the witcher was mo-capped in Polish and then just dubbed over to English

But in this the mo-cap actors are speaking English. Are they capturing the mo-cap in Poland or do they have somewhere in the UK / US where they do it?

Probably doing to mocap in LA, just for simplicity with getting actors to be in the same place.

Also if we have any forumers in the Netherlands apparently there is a trial of Disney+ running there right now looks like the apps are on android and the consoles

Looks like they have all the 90s marvel cartoons and Gargoyles according to twitter

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    horse girl hair, rotfl!!

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I have a costume party on October 12th. I have exactly zero ideas.
    eSoKBLw.jpg?1

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    good god almighty why would a mobo cost over a grand? "Thermal Reactive Armor?" bwaah

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I usually pick mobos based on how well the color scheme fits with the build.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Aioua wrote: »

I hear the red ones run faster.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    elec
    Aioua wrote: »

I hear the red ones run faster.

But they’re hotter so they don’t overclock as well

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I sold some stuff but instead of Control, I'ma get Link's Awakening. Control will probably go on sale first anyway.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It will be my first non group / couples costume in probably a decade.

Although that does remind me, I could cut a mullet and go as kiefer sutherland from Lost Boys.

It would depend on where the even is because it's a lot a fucking layers.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The soundtrack on Wolfenstein: Youngblood is pretty anemic. Turn the ingame music down to 0, put on Carpenter Brut's Trilogy, and you're killing '80s Nazis the proper way.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    @firewaterword yeah I live about 15m from the main CSU campus in Fort Collins. Probably about 70-75m from Littleton.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    good god almighty why would a mobo cost over a grand? "Thermal Reactive Armor?" bwaah

Here at Gigabyte we robbed Tony Stark's grave to produce the most advanced motherboard armor in the market.

That spreadsheet I linked to is honestly pretty good, and it has a guide that explains the categories: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/x570-x470-x370-b450-b350-a320-motherboards-am4-socket-for-amd-ryzen-cpus-sortable-comparison-tables.3110172/

The most expensive Gigabyte board has a 10 gigabit ethernet port and is also the only X570 motherboard that has passive cooling. Apparently the energy demands of the chipset are so great that most of the X570 motherboards have to use a fan to keep things cool.

• WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I don't really know about all this everything

My friends are here, I hear them.

Stay up and play games with them or wallow and go to bed at a reasonable hour so I can wake up to get to work early?

edited September 2019
    @Blameless Cleric
    If only life was like this, then we wouldn’t need a subreddit for Choosing Beggars.

39dmvazrb1m31.jpg

bloodyroarxx on
    Organichu wrote: »
    firewaterword yeah I live about 15m from the main CSU campus in Fort Collins. Probably about 70-75m from Littleton.

right on man. I should be back in CO late next week; once I've done my customary few days of post work hibernation, I'll try to plan a day to roll up there, visit my brother and fam, and perhaps we can kick it!

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »

I agree

ftOqU21.png
    also good morning

ftOqU21.png
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    So a professor had a link in their curriculum that led to mac spyware and I had to factory reset my mac

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I would buy a motherboard designed to look like Iron Man armor.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Always go to bed as early as possible, it's what Chanus would want

I have an assignment that's quite hefty and it has to be done by tomorrow

I also have an urge to get back into EVE

oh no

ftOqU21.png
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    I got past the first three nightmare shamblers.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Always go to bed as early as possible, it's what Chanus would want

Evening news?

Sorry I don't watch that late night TV

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Orkneyman John Rae, known by the Inuit as ᐊᒡᓘᑲ (Aglooka, "He who takes long strides")

I'm always fascinated by the tendency to romanticise this kind of thing, when the reality is probably closer to: "he walks a lot so we call him 'legsy''"

(I found this from ronya's list, via "Halkett Boat")

japan on
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

I agree

Hey go fuck yourself

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I'm going to bed, if things are about to get dramatic please put them on hold until I wake up.

cB557 wrote: »
    I'm going to bed, if things are about to get dramatic please put them on hold until I wake up.

Don’t worry I save all my real ire for you cB

This discussion has been closed.