Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[chat] of Holding

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 12

1:23 of punk perfection

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    FWW

FYI buy Control when you get your new pc thank me later

Yeah that's honestly part of the impetus to get a new machine going. Plus I think it's still free with rtx cards!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Also I think I still have nvidia stock whereas I dumped AMD (sorry Su Bae I still love you) so should probably support them heh

I have some vegetable stock in the fridge.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • SarksusSarksus JUST PRINTRegistered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Get something like this for RAM to go with a new Ryzen: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232530?Item=N82E16820232530

That combo of speed (DDR4-3200) and latency (CAS 14) puts you in the sweet spot for Ryzen performance.

Ahah that looks like weaponry! Cutting hazard! But thanks - picking ram is always a guessing game for me.

Yeah it's rather ridiculous looking. There are definitely other options for that speed and latency but I picked that for my fantasy build because I've had GSkill before and these modules have really good reviews.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Registered User regular
    Man TGS is poppin off already

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited September 12
    wandering wrote: »
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

Oh you know that “motion comic” from the 2000s

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time

What's Loose Change?

nvm, googled it. Looks like it's some 9/11 conspiracy thingy.

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    wandering
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    wandering wrote: »
    I remember I was disappointed when the writer of Broken Saints posted Loose Change with a comment like “this raises some important questions”

“What’s Broken Saints?”

Oh you know that “motion comic” from the 2000s

“Was it good?”

Probably not but it was cinematic and mysterious and Twin Peaksy and free and it came out in the heydey of Flash animation and so it seemed good at the time

What's Loose Change?

nvm, googled it. Looks like it's some 9/11 conspiracy thingy.

It was the 9/11 conspiracy thingy. It basically started them all. Or took them to the big time.

And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
    spool32
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Is this the thing that popularized the "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams" line?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    I would also link the X570 motherboard I've been considering for the Ryzen but frankly it's absurd and I'm not even sure I want it yet. It's also a Gigabyte board because I always have gotten Gigabyte boards and I am superstitious, but there are probably other manufacturers you ought to consider too.

I wish I knew of a way to better compare motherboard features because Newegg's comparison tool is terrible for motherboards. Motherboard specs are an insane jumble of tech vomit.

firewaterword
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

cooool

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Kana wrote: »

cooool

videogames are crazy

KanaKristmas Kthulhu
    Actually, I just remembered this insane spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wmsTYK9Z3-jUX5LGRoFnsZYZiW1pfiDZnKCjaXyzd1o/edit#gid=2112472504

I guess it's better than Newegg's compare tool.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »
    Is this the thing that popularized the "Jet Fuel can't melt steel beams" line?

No, that was comedian Rosie O'Donnell. Loose Change was the core text for leftwing 9/11 truther conspiracy theorists - it hits all the big bullshit conspiracies and ties them together.

• wanderingwandering Registered User regular
    Loose Change is my stripper name

atcwebmqawjl.png
    Eddy

cooool
    when's it coming to switch

atcwebmqawjl.png
  • knitdanknitdan Oh no Too much hunnyRegistered User regular
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    wanderingspool32HappylilElf
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    aww daniel johnston died

um @Vanguard maybe? feel sad w me

I was always a casual fan who felt a great deal of empathy for the guy. I found him around the time I was first understanding my own mental health issues, so despite only listening to a handful of songs (for more than a decade, admittedly), I’m finding myself surprisingly affected by his death. I hope he found some peace.

Edit: If people like documentaries and haven’t seen it, I really recommend The Devil and Daniel Johnston. It’s one of those experiences that’s celebratory and heart-breaking and doesn’t shy away from the scarier parts of his life. Like the man himself, it’s complicated and very open and earnest.

@Chanus this is a huge bummer

Chanus
  • Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    wanderingknitdanEvil MultifariousOrganichuA Kobold's KoboldfirewaterwordcredeikiKadokenRchanenIncenjucarAtomikaKid PresentableKristmas Kthulhushryke
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    oops I ate all the wantons.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    wanderingKadokenKid PresentableKristmas Kthulhu
    Doodmann wrote: »
    oops I ate all the wantons.
    wanton devouring

atcwebmqawjl.png
    DoodmannMrMisterRchanenKristmas Kthulhu
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    Hello I am the most popular bartender in the world but my feet hurt a little

Doodmann
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 12
    edited September 12
    I have a costume party on October 12th. I have exactly zero ideas.

Doodmann on
    Torchlight | Steam | ART
    wandering
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

cooool

videogames are crazy

I'm curious, so are they filming all the cutscenes in English?

Like the witcher was mo-capped in Polish and then just dubbed over to English

But in this the mo-cap actors are speaking English. Are they capturing the mo-cap in Poland or do they have somewhere in the UK / US where they do it?

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • descdesc the '87 stick up kids Registered User regular
    I poured wine at a food show again and we were slammed

I think I have said this before but there are apparently rules about how much to pour and only once and etc but I give people whatever

A lady came back to the bar area four times and said she was going to put me in her purse and carry me out lmao

OrganichucredeikiEddyKid PresentableMrMisterKristmas Kthulhu
  • firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited September 12
    I would also link the X570 motherboard I've been considering for the Ryzen but frankly it's absurd and I'm not even sure I want it yet. It's also a Gigabyte board because I always have gotten Gigabyte boards and I am superstitious, but there are probably other manufacturers you ought to consider too.

I wish I knew of a way to better compare motherboard features because Newegg's comparison tool is terrible for motherboards. Motherboard specs are an insane jumble of tech vomit.

christ what a jumble to pick from!

uH4U4sd.png

XTREEEEEEEM! MASTER X! GAMING X!!

I want a mobo not an energy drink.

firewaterword on
    OneAngryPossumKristmas Kthulhu

cooool

videogames are crazy

I'm curious, so are they filming all the cutscenes in English?

Like the witcher was mo-capped in Polish and then just dubbed over to English

But in this the mo-cap actors are speaking English. Are they capturing the mo-cap in Poland or do they have somewhere in the UK / US where they do it?

Probably doing to mocap in LA, just for simplicity with getting actors to be in the same place.

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Also if we have any forumers in the Netherlands apparently there is a trial of Disney+ running there right now looks like the apps are on android and the consoles

Looks like they have all the 90s marvel cartoons and Gargoyles according to twitter

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    horse girl hair, rotfl!!

Blameless ClericDoodmann
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I have a costume party on October 12th. I have exactly zero ideas.
    eSoKBLw.jpg?1

atcwebmqawjl.png
    DoodmannKristmas Kthulhu
    good god almighty why would a mobo cost over a grand? "Thermal Reactive Armor?" bwaah

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I usually pick mobos based on how well the color scheme fits with the build.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    spool32Doodmann
    Aioua wrote: »

I hear the red ones run faster.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    elec
    Aioua wrote: »

I hear the red ones run faster.

But they’re hotter so they don’t overclock as well

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
    spool32matt has a problemKanaEddy
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User regular
    I sold some stuff but instead of Control, I'ma get Link's Awakening. Control will probably go on sale first anyway.

Twitch Streaming W/TH/F and more
    Dohaeris210 on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Sometimes, I make YouTube videos
    It will be my first non group / couples costume in probably a decade.

Although that does remind me, I could cut a mullet and go as kiefer sutherland from Lost Boys.

It would depend on where the even is because it's a lot a fucking layers.

Torchlight | Steam | ART
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited September 12
    The soundtrack on Wolfenstein: Youngblood is pretty anemic. Turn the ingame music down to 0, put on Carpenter Brut's Trilogy, and you're killing '80s Nazis the proper way.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • OrganichuOrganichu jacobkosh Registered User regular
    @firewaterword yeah I live about 15m from the main CSU campus in Fort Collins. Probably about 70-75m from Littleton.

good god almighty why would a mobo cost over a grand? "Thermal Reactive Armor?" bwaah

Here at Gigabyte we robbed Tony Stark's grave to produce the most advanced motherboard armor in the market.

That spreadsheet I linked to is honestly pretty good, and it has a guide that explains the categories: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/x570-x470-x370-b450-b350-a320-motherboards-am4-socket-for-amd-ryzen-cpus-sortable-comparison-tables.3110172/

The most expensive Gigabyte board has a 10 gigabit ethernet port and is also the only X570 motherboard that has passive cooling. Apparently the energy demands of the chipset are so great that most of the X570 motherboards have to use a fan to keep things cool.

firewaterword
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    I don't really know about all this everything

Eddy
This discussion has been closed.