As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UNIFIED (Second Preview Thread)

• Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Zombot wrote: »
    Alright, here's my character.

Character Build:
    Venger, Level 2 Hero 10 points
    Faction: None

Powers:

N/A

Traits:

Modern Watchmen
    Type:Major
    Feats (2):
    Fight Club (Alteration)
    Street Smarts (General)

Core Attribute - Brawler
    Type: Major
    Feats (3):
    Karate (Offense)
    Boxing (Offense)
    Rope a Dope (Defense)

Devices:

Brass Knuckles (2 points)
    Type: Minor
    Modifier: Minor (-1)
    Feat: Lethal Punch (Alteration)

Bullet-Proof Vest (2 points)
    Modifier: (-1)
    Feat: Padded Protection (Alteration)

Flaws:

Amateur
    Feat: Inexperienced (Alteration)

Naive
    Feat: Too Trusting (Alteration)

How does that look?

Fixed your character sheet for ya.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    My guy is not a mercenary. At all. He is a guy who lives in the sewers and abandoned subway tunnels and fights the SUN in any way he can. He's very, very big on the whole free will thing, and believes that what the SUN is doing, with its secret police and its lording of superhumans over normal humans as some sort of saviour race is morally reprehensible.

So he's hiding underground and sabotaging SUN, Vanguaed and SIGMA operations and stealing information. He is also crazy and hates the SUN for being partially responsible for the death of his father (creator). He's modified his body to the point that it barely resembles anything human anymore without a big, tattered brown trenchcoat and an old stetson hat and his bandages. He gave up what little humanity he had so that the rest of the world might regain it through his actions and the actions of others.

Hmm, well then I don't know where to place ya, Although it pretty much sounds like you're leaning Rebel at the moment.

Anyone need help with their character Sheets?

Fedora on
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I need some inputs on my character. What do you people think of him?

<3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    <3 wrote: »
    Character Sheet
    Level 4 (20)

Major Core Attribute - Electromagnetic Radiation
    Rank 4
    Feats (8):
    Lumination (Sensory)
    Search Light (Sensory)
    Flash Bang (Offensive)
    Drain Light (Defensive)
    Disruption (Offensive)
    Grand Explosion (Offensive)
    Regenerate (Alteration)
    Refraction (Alteration)

Minor Attribute - Self Defense
    Rank 7
    Feats (1):
    Boxing (Offensive/Defensive)

Major Traits - Serious Business
    Rank 3
    Feats (6):
    Economics (General)
    Management (General)
    Statistics (General)
    Charisma (General)
    First Impression (General)
    Public Speaking (General)

Minor Equipment - Stylized Eyewear
    Rank 8
    Feats (1):
    Utilities (Defensive)

Minor Flaw
    Rank -2
    Feats (1):
    Hopelessly Romantic (General)

You're about 7 tokes over the line as far as points go.

Fedora on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    <3 wrote: »
    I need some inputs on my character. What do you people think of him?

You have the right idea, but an attribute's rank can only equal your character's level, unless it's a core attribute, then the cap is level + 1.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    ZeroZero does my costume work for being a SIGMA agent?

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey CC, does your character still accrue all his bodiless bonuses when he possess a golem? Does he even possess the golems? Or does he just create it and then guide it's action while he floats there incorporeally?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ZeroZero does my costume work for being a SIGMA agent?

SIGMA issue field agent uniform consists of a long black cassock and a Black featureless mask/Helmet, with a glowing red insignia in the center.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Laaaaaaaaame

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fixed my character sheet.

Also, my bio kind of sucks and boring.

<3 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Laaaaaaaaame

Pony'll probably let you slide with that uniform

Fedora on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    I've got a bunch of hero ideas I've written up, but I'm not sure how they'd fit in this kind of setting, mainly because I don't know a whole lot about this setting.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Fedora wrote: »
    Laaaaaaaaame

Pony'll probably let you slide with that uniform

like I was thinking that the whole standard issue uniform was just for regular non-superhumans working for them, if any

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My guy is not a mercenary. At all. He is a guy who lives in the sewers and abandoned subway tunnels and fights the SUN in any way he can. He's very, very big on the whole free will thing, and believes that what the SUN is doing, with its secret police and its lording of superhumans over normal humans as some sort of saviour race is morally reprehensible.

So he's hiding underground and sabotaging SUN, Vanguaed and SIGMA operations and stealing information. He is also crazy and hates the SUN for being partially responsible for the death of his father (creator). He's modified his body to the point that it barely resembles anything human anymore without a big, tattered brown trenchcoat and an old stetson hat and his bandages. He gave up what little humanity he had so that the rest of the world might regain it through his actions and the actions of others.

Hmm, well then I don't know where to place ya, Although it pretty much sounds like you're leaning Rebel at the moment.

Anyone need help with their character Sheets?

Jeez Fedora I've only been mentioning that all the god damned time.

;-)

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »
    I've got a bunch of hero ideas I've written up, but I'm not sure how they'd fit in this kind of setting, mainly because I don't know a whole lot about this setting.

Dystopian Superhero guided future. Ultimatum (this universe's Superman Analog) helped stave off a massive alien robotic invasion 15 years ago, to do so he had to travel to their dimension. When he came back he was more powerful than ever and basically told everyone "We're doing things my way now".

Combining forces with a telepath so powerful she could rend apart every mind on earth if she wasn't careful, and the smartest man on the entire planet they've creating a global new world order.

Some places have become a perfect utopia since their reign has started, others have become desolate wastelands.

Superheroes are used as a global police force under the new goverment. Most are Vanguard Agents, normal superheroes. Some are members of the super secretive SIGMA, like the CIA branch of the superheroes.

Other choose not to join with this Super-powered government force, going rogue or forming a rebellion.

And that's everything in a crude nutshell.

Fedora on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Green wrote: »
    Quetzi wrote: »
    MrPaku and Fedora and such, can my craaaazy robot rebel guy be on your team?

They've been pretty against other dudes joining their organization so far. I tried already.

But Quetzi, you are an amoral mercenary that will backstab anyone for the right amount of money

I've already said that if you include me in an organization, I'll at the very least double the price to take you out.

And I'm an assassin, not a mercenary.

Also, if anyone wants a premade handy rebel character, I just drew up stats for Orpheus. If nobody wants him, I'll hand him over to Pony for a NPC.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Geebs wrote: »

Dystopian Superhero guided future. Ultimatum (this universe's Superman Analog) helped stave off a massive alien robotic invasion 15 years ago, to do so he had to travel to their dimension. When he came back he was more powerful than ever and basically told everyone "We're doing things my way now".

Combining forces with a telepath so powerful she could rend apart every mind on earth if she wasn't careful, and the smartest man on the entire planet they've creating a global new world order.

Some places have become a perfect utopia since their reign has started, others have become desolate wastelands.

Superheroes are used as a global police force under the new goverment. Most are Vanguard Agents, normal superheroes. Some are members of the super secretive SIGMA, like the CIA branch of the superheroes.

Other choose not to join with this Super-powered government force, going rogue or forming a rebellion.

And that's everything in a crude nutshell.
    You also don't necessary have to "join" neither of the organization. You can do whatever you want.

Like me, I work for a mega corp.

<3 on
  • Options
    Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey guys, I made a new Hero.

4our - A rather bookish and nerdy college student happened upon 4 magical rings which grant him the power of 4 primal spirits and declare him to be the chosen one.
    4our (Pronounced Four)
    Level 3 Hero (15 Character Points)
    Faction: Vanguard

Powers

"X'iax of Time" (4 points)
    Modifier: Reduced Versitility (-2 point)
    Feats (4):
    Punctual (Movement)
    Ravages of Aging (Alteration)
    Faster Pussy Cat, Kill Kill (Alteration)
    Too Slow (Alteration)

"L'ias of Life" (4 Points)
    Modifier: Reduced Versitility (-2 Point)
    Feats (4):
    Theres a Pulse (Sensory)
    Green Thumb (Alteration)
    Healing Touch (Alteration)
    Growth (Alteration)

Q'iox of Death" (4 Points)
    Modifier : Reduced Versitility (-2 Point)
    Feats (4):
    Death and Decay (Offence)
    Disintegrate (Offence)
    Vision of Mortality (Alteration)
    Last Words (Sensory)

"J'ios of Space" (4 points)
    Modifier : Reduced Versitility (-2 Points)
    Rank 3
    Feats (4):
    Teleport(Movement)
    Blink(Defence)
    Bend (Alteration)
    Where am I? (Sensory)

Flaws

BookWorm (-4 Point)
    Feats (4):
    Home Schooled (Alteration)
    Bookworm (Alteration)
    Problem with Authority (Alteration)
    Wont Play Nice with Others (Alteration)

Delusions of Granduer (-1 Point)
    Feat (1):
    "The Chosen One" (Alteration)

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm just trying to figure out which powersets would work best.

Since a few of my better ideas are kind of interdependent on one another and the world I've been working on for a while, I have to dig down and find some of my more obscure stuff. And I don't really like just going with generic stuff, unless I have a really good twist to go along with it.

Like, I don't want to talk about my generic supertough guys, because the idea I have for them is kind of the centerpoint for my whole comic idea, and while I'm fairly certain I'll never actually get a chance to make a book out of the idea, I'd like to keep the idea under wraps just in case.

So I'm left with City of Heroes and Villains dudes that I created and a few dudes with stranger powers like the ability to communicate with satellites and the ability to mentally control a person as long as they can't answer three questions.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Also temperature controllers who are constantly bickering with each other because one calls himself Kid Zero and the other calls himself Kid 32

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hey CC, does your character still accrue all his bodiless bonuses when he possess a golem? Does he even possess the golems? Or does he just create it and then guide it's action while he floats there incorporeally?

He does possess the golems, and Golem himself accrues the bonuses, but the golems he inhabits can be destroyed as easily as humanoid constructs hastily constructed from various materials can be.

I'm still sort of working on it, though.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

He does possess the golems, and Golem himself accrues the bonuses, but the golems he inhabits can be destroyed as easily as humanoid constructs hastily constructed from various materials can be.

I'm still sort of working on it, though.

Interesting, interesting.

Fedora on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Scrum, I like the uniform, and, it being as bad ass and dark as it is, I think Pony will let it slide. I mean, do you see my guy all dressed in black?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have not seen your dude's costume, no

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I have not seen your dude's costume, no
    See the sig

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Are there any other mercenary assassin types looking to form an organization of sorts? It would allow us to overcome greater threats (for greater pay) and also to have more versatility based on what we know on the target.

Oh, also, here's Orpheus for anyone who wants him. He's missing a point still I think, but I don't really know what to do with it:
    Orpheus
    Level 6 (30 points)
    Faction: Rebel (Greek)

Powers: 14 points

Core attribute - Enchanting Voice
    Feats (14):
    Melee Attack- Bite of Cerberus (Offense)
    Attack Boost- Stygian Poison (Alteration)
    Ranged Attack- Cry of the Erinyes (Offense)
    Healing- Persephone's Tears (Alteration)
    Block Against Killing Blow- Minos' Judgement (Defense)
    Counter Against Mental- Sisyphus' Trick (Alteration)
    Mental Attack- Draught of the Lethe (Offense)
    Flame Boost- Phlegethon's Light (Alteration)
    Counter Against Physical- Grief of Acheron (Alteration)
    Ice Boost- Cocytus Plunge (Alteration)
    Summon Centaurs- Ixion's Offspring (Alteration)
    Counter Movement- Tantalus' Temptation (Alteration)
    Protection- Hades' Law (Defense)
    Escape- Charon's Journey (Movement)

Traits: 10 points

Rebel General
    Requisition Rebellion Soldiers (Alteration)
    Weapons Training (Offense)
    Rebellion Base Access (General)
    Rebellion Vehicular Transport (Movement)

Charisma
    Feats (1):
    Persuading Voice

Devices: 5 Points

Lyre of Orpheus
    Modifier: Device
    Feats (1):
    Accompaniment (Alteration)

Challenges:

Deepest Love

Straightzi on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SIGMA Supremecy Agents (which are the top-level dudes who can pull a Resolution out of the air if they want) have a standardized uniform (Black cassock, with a featurless black helmet that has a glowing red sigma symbol in the middle) for when they are operating in any sort of official capacity.

However, given who they are, and especially if they are superhumans, it's likely they will have their own variation on the uniform or their own costume entirely, when they are operating in an independant capacity, so to speak.

Regular SIGMA agents, ie ones that do not have Supremecy Clearance, can pretty much wear whatever.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    SIGMA Supremecy Agents (which are the top-level dudes who can pull a Resolution out of the air if they want) have a standardized uniform (Black cassock, with a featurless black helmet that has a glowing red sigma symbol in the middle) for when they are operating in any sort of official capacity.

However, given who they are, and especially if they are superhumans, it's likely they will have their own variation on the uniform or their own costume entirely, when they are operating in an independant capacity, so to speak.

Regular SIGMA agents, ie ones that do not have Supremecy Clearance, can pretty much wear whatever.
    So pretty much me, and Scrum

• Options
    edited May 2007
    I thought he was all in black

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    okay that is cool

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ZeroZero wrote: »
    pony wrote:

So pretty much me, and Scrum

I like how your dude doesn't have supremacy clearance and yet his only real means of offense are high powered guns.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    see, I thought it would be the other way around

like high ranking dudes could wear whatever, but the lower subordinates would wear a uniform

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ok I'm off to work. I'll be back and posting in a few hours

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Are there any other mercenary assassin types looking to form an organization of sorts? It would allow us to overcome greater threats (for greater pay) and also to have more versatility based on what we know on the target.

Oh, also, here's Orpheus for anyone who wants him. He's missing a point still I think, but I don't really know what to do with it:
    Orpheus
    Level 6 (30 points)

Feats (14):

Rebel General

Charisma
    Feats (1):
    Persuading Voice

Lyre of Orpheus
    Feats (1):

Challenges:

Deepest Love

La Espina would be happy to recieve higher pay

Scooter on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

like high ranking dudes could wear whatever, but the lower subordinates would wear a uniform

With the lower ranking agents, they simply flash the SIGMA badge (or wear it on their uniform) and people straighten up a bit.

Supremacy Agents, however, are all uniform like that because that's part of what makes them scary as hell.

They all look the same. Because of voice modulators in their helmets, they all sound the same. Psionic interference devices in their helmets mean their minds are undetectable to all but the most powerful telepaths.

They are drifting ghosts who stand outside the rules of the system, anonymous and without persona, the only identifying feature is that you know it's them.

Pony on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I still dont know how wrong this is
    Level: 7 (35 points)

Powers: (16 points)

Core Attribute: Vampiric Psi
    Feats:
    Telekenesis (Alteration)
    Psi Shield (Defense)
    Levitation (General)
    Telepathy (Sensory)
    Atomic Destruction (Offense/Alteration)*May only be used if at least 50 innocent minds* are present

Supporting Attribute: Mind Drain
    Psi (Alteration)*After draining a mind, Malice may tap into his Psi powers.
    1 present innocent mind=8 points that may be used towards Psi feats
    Mind Drain (Offense/Alteration)
    Mind Deconstruction (Offense)
    Crowd Control (Alteration)

*Innocent minds are any characters (players or NPCs) that do not actively commit, or have not had a pust full of crimes
    or anyone who projects negative emotions towards other innocents. Includes civilians.

Traits: (19 points)

Vigilante/Criminal
    Feats:
    Moderate Weapons Training (Alteration)
    Infiltration (General)
    Human Shield (Defense)*Requires Pistol or Knife
    Street Fighting (Offense)
    Rage (Alteration) *Michael has a short fuse, and loses his temper easily,
    becoming slightly stronger and faster, but losing focus.
    Focus (Alteration)

Devices:
    Pistols
    Feats:
    Gunshot (Offense-Ranged)
    Pistol Whip (Offense-Melee)

Knives
    Feats:
    Slice (Offense)
    Stab (Offense)
    *May be used as a tool (ie. prying, carving)

Flaws:

Cocky
    Feats:
    -2 Focus

Graves on
  • Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Zombot wrote: »
    Alright, here's my character.

Character Build:
    Venger, Level 2 Hero 10 points
    Faction: None

Powers:

N/A

Traits:

Modern Watchmen
    Type:Major
    Feats (2):
    Fight Club (Alteration)
    Street Smarts (General)

Core Attribute - Brawler
    Feats (3):
    Karate (Offense)
    Boxing (Offense)
    Rope a Dope (Defense)

Devices:

Brass Knuckles (2 points)
    Modifier: Minor (-1)
    Feat: Lethal Punch (Alteration)

Bullet-Proof Vest (2 points)
    Modifier: (-1)
    Feat: Padded Protection (Alteration)

Flaws:

Amateur
    Feat: Inexperienced (Alteration)

Naive
    Feat: Too Trusting (Alteration)

How does that look?

Fixed your character sheet for ya.

<3

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

With the lower ranking agents, they simply flash the SIGMA badge (or wear it on their uniform) and people straighten up a bit.

Supremacy Agents, however, are all uniform like that because that's part of what makes them scary as hell.

They all look the same. Because of voice modulators in their helmets, they all sound the same. Psionic interference devices in their helmets mean their minds are undetectable to all but the most powerful telepaths.

They are drifting ghosts who stand outside the rules of the system, anonymous and without persona, the only identifying feature is that you know it's them.

Did you lock yourself in a dark room for six months and read nothing but comics when you were coming up with this?

Seriously, Pony, if this turns out successful, you could sell this and DMR

you would make a fortune

Scrumtrulescent on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I have been forming an incredibly elaborate, grandiose plan for dismantling the system. Step #B138 is to steal one of these uniforms.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Scooter wrote: »

Orpheus
    Level 6 (30 points)

Feats (14):

Rebel General

Charisma
    Feats (1):
    Persuading Voice

Lyre of Orpheus
    Feats (1):

Challenges:

Deepest Love

La Espina would be happy to recieve higher pay

Well, seeing as I'm declaring myself leader as of now, tell me about La Espina.

Straightzi on
This discussion has been closed.