As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

19596979899101»

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, they basically went "We fucked up and reacted too soon, our bad, we'll do better in the future" and didn't mention on a single policy change they'd implement to "do better".

Slight correction, they apologized for not reacting quickly enough

Because they weren't apologizing for the banning, they were apologizing for their lack of communication following the banning.

They have not and will not apologize for the banning.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    I watched the Diablo trailer and it turns out that I still have not a single fuck to give about Diablo.

please, please do not fuck diablo

if you are going to fuck diablo, then at least put a condom on the soulstone *before* you insert it into your skull

Oh too late, now my dick is corrupted

• I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I watched the Diablo trailer and it turns out that I still have not a single fuck to give about Diablo.

if you are going to fuck diablo, then at least put a condom on the soulstone *before* you insert it into your skull

Ugh, formatting and restoring from your latest dick backup is such a pain.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »

Ugh, formatting and restoring from your latest dick backup is such a pain.

Dick backup? No way, I just finished!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    It sounds like Diablo 4 is taking some structural cues from Destiny, with public open world wilderness areas and instanced dungeons, instead of a more-or-less linear progression of areas in your own copy of the whole game world as you travel from objective to objective.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Collect eight corrupted Satyr dicks

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    dang that story trailer for D4 was pretty goddamn sick

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Everybody dies, I guess you might as well die fucking everybody else over

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the thing i don't get about devil worship in fictional settings is that it always sucks shit for everyone doing it

like the reason people did it in real life is nothing happens to them, as opposed to in fantasy where you randomly just get skewered for consorting with powers that think it's amusing to kill you

though at least with Lilith being the progenitor of humanity it makes more sense to revere her

liEt3nH.png
    Sometimes you just gotta worship something cruel and capricious

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    In CK2 the devil can make your dick grow back after the Byzantine Emperor cut it off and that's why people worship the devil

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Lilith has big step on me energy

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

UQoKNpL.jpg
    TAd4a1b.jpg

Crippl3 on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

UQoKNpL.jpg
    TAd4a1b.jpg

Honesty, makes sense. Fucking Sithrak.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Been playing Pillars of Eternity 1 and I like it, but man Final Fantasy III had an 'Optimum' equip option or whatever why the hell can't this?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I'm gonna miss old grandpa D2 barb from D3 but it's cool that new barb is black

I think someone said that you can customise the look of your classes this time around

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Been playing Pillars of Eternity 1 and I like it, but man Final Fantasy III had an 'Optimum' equip option or whatever why the hell can't this?

yeaahhhh both that game and Tyranny really suffered from equipment opacity

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I like the game and where it's going. I like being able to all these inscrutable sidequests where I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not, but fuck me I am not interested in managing up to six different characters abilities / equipment. Let me do the guys I actually give a shit about and then just auto equip the rest.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The problem with an "optimum equip" button in Pillars is that the stats on equipment are weird and bad in such a way that it would have to decide on one thing to prioritize on, and that often wouldn't be the best choice

Like all heavy armor is garbage on almost everyone, including people who you might figure would wear heavy armor like fighter-types

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

I like the game and where it's going. I like being able to all these inscrutable sidequests where I don't know if I'm making the right decision or not, but fuck me I am not interested in managing up to six different characters abilities / equipment. Let me do the guys I actually give a shit about and then just auto equip the rest.

yeah an unfortunate amount of the game's combat is going to come down to gear optimization

like if you're playing just for the story stuff then I'd say just turn the difficulty down and just give your fighters swords and everyone else gets a bow/pistol/wand

but at anything above normal difficulty you're gonna be doing a lot of combat and that's going to involve a lot of gear fiddling

if anything PoE 2 is even more egregious about it, since armor penetration and damage types skew damage and difficulty so dramatically, which in turn requires you to find and upgrade specific weapons, which in turn requires a ton of money and specific materials

so you've really really got to care that one of your dudes has an amulet that gives him a 25% bonus to acid damage and that another guy has a mace that adds a +1 stacking debuff to elemental resistances and unless that's your particular bag, it might not be the game for you

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2019
    New thread time

Geth, please close this thread.

Tube on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.