As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Afterparty & Quest for Conquest out today!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    A friend of mine is on Facebook wondering why her like 7 year old son is having a fucking meltdown about Fortnite. I had to explain to her what was going on lol

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    I watched a Tesla reveal livestream and it was so fucking cringeworthy with how he laughs at all his own lame jokes. I think he wishes he was like Sam Rockwell in Ironman 2 but he is very much not. He needs to hire people to be his stage/Twitter presence because he sucks at it.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    After hundreds of hours in Total War Warhammer 2 I've finally finished a vortex campaign!

Usually I get bored before I finish a campaign and it's much better now I've decided to just let the other races finish and then knock them out if the race by beating them in the final battle.

sometimes the end result screen is very stupid

91uj9pd9ua4y.jpg

please not the Close Victory tag

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    just in case you're unaware it does have a demo, i've had it installed for like a week meaning to take a look

I played the demo and it doesn't seem for me. It was okay, not bad, but didn't really hook me. The writing was perfunctory, like it was there but didn't grab me. It seemed to not really fully engage with the world it had created. The combat seemed good, but the overall package was kind of underwhelming.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Job Simulator is quite entertaining.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    apparently if you spawn enough burritos you can get it to crash. I feel that is comparable to real life.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Oh yeah? Fuckin’ try me

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Karl the Shadowrun Returns Street Samurai final Diary Entry
    Jesus wept, I assumed the raid on the Universal Brotherhood would go badly. I did not expect it to go "unkillable magic bug spirit" badly.

Here's the high-level overview of how it all went
    1. I rescued an Elf who was going to be used to host the Queen bug spirit
    2. Had to escape from some unkillable bugs
    3. Raided a corp to get a bug killer weapon
    4. End up locking myself in a janitor's closet
    5. Stole said weapon in the morning, dressed as a janitor
    6. End up captured
    7. Find out that said Corp had been working to fight the bugs (whoops)
    8. Agree to work for them because fuck it, I guess I'm saving the world now
    9. Re-Raid the universal brotherhood and find out that these new weapons do work.
    10. Stop Sam's sister from ending the world
    11. Send her elf friend to a mental institute
    12. Get Sam's sister arrested.
    13. Saved the world

And you know what the fucking worse thing is.

Sam fucked me. There is no money.

Even in death, he's still a fuckwit.

Karl on
  • Options
    Tune in soon for Karl the Shadowrun Dragonfall Combat Decker's update.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So i've done all the main story stuff in Breakpoint. But that sure as hell wasn't an ending.

Don't play that game.

• Options
    Aistan wrote: »
    So i've done all the main story stuff in Breakpoint. But that sure as hell wasn't an ending.

Don't play that game.

I bet this game will be decent in a year or 2 after all the DLC is out.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    And after they remove the always online stuff and get rid of the microtransactions.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Jesus wept, I assumed the raid on the Universal Brotherhood would go badly. I did not expect it to go "unkillable magic bug spirit" badly.

6. End up captured
    9. Re-Raid the universal brotherhood and find out that these new weapons do work.
    13. Saved the world

It's infuriating, but also kind of on brand for him. When I first saw the message I was all "Of course you don't have the fucking money"

The Telestrian dude gave you some nuyens though, didn't he?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Karl wrote: »

6. End up captured
    13. Saved the world

It's infuriating, but also kind of on brand for him. When I first saw the message I was all "Of course you don't have the fucking money"

The Telestrian dude gave you some nuyens though, didn't he?
    I asked to be the new VP of Security and he told me no. Apparently you need to be an Elf for that. Which is hella racist.

Yeah, he gave me some cash. But I was banking on that sweet Sam death money.

However, it looks like I've got the makings of a crew coming together to Shadowrun off into the Sunset.

Karl on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Gamers are the worst-Example 153326

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    And after they remove the always online stuff and get rid of the microtransactions.

*laughs forever because Ubisoft*

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    It's wild that Disco Elysium comes out tomorrow

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    On a whim I went to google to find out if there's a mod for Sleeping Dogs that makes it eternal night, always raining. I'm sad to report that this still does not exist.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The always online and microtransactions will be there forever

The former because we're in the year 2019

And actually the latter also because we're in the year 2019 but more to the point because they're unobtrusive and not a big enough deal for people to get angry about en masse

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Always online isn't a problem for enough people for there to be anything done about it, but it does make the game unplayable for some people, which kinda blows.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular

What will you put in your cop thought cabinet?

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, here it is, the sequel we've all been holding our breaths for!

sddefault.jpg

There's a launch trailer that I ain't linking partially because of some nfsw stuff (gun up cat's butt, peeing, you know the normal Postal stuff) but mostly because fuck those guys.

Coming out on Steam early access, we should be so blessed 🙏

• Options
    Oh cool I can't wait to hear their nuanced and clever takes on Trump

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Zxerol wrote: »

sddefault.jpg

There's a launch trailer that I ain't linking partially because of some nfsw stuff (gun up cat's butt, peeing, you know the normal Postal stuff) but mostly because fuck those guys.

You know I really liked Postal 2. Yes the content didn't age well but I genuinely appreciated how free I was to do anything I wanted to while carrying out mundane tasks, and then being able to go meet Gary Coleman. It won't hold up if I went back to it now and the terrorist expansion was too linear, but I loved just having a sandbox to mess around in. I've never played the first one and the third one looked terrible.

• Options
    Zxerol wrote: »

sddefault.jpg

I just watched the trailer

That game looks terrible.

As expected.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

What will you put in your cop thought cabinet?

Musings on music, in hopes of turning the game into Cop Rock

• Options
    gonna make a smooth talking love detective with a heart of shit

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I know I'm going to actually end up making a balanced character for Disco Elysium, but man it is tempting to just make an absolute disaster of a man and try to stumble headlong through the mystery.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I know I'm going to actually end up making a balanced character for Disco Elysium, but man it is tempting to just make an absolute disaster of a man and try to stumble headlong through the mystery.

Ah I see you’ve been reading my personal blog.

Please don’t replicate me in video games.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Bug testing a game with a million words sounds suicidal

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    You know I really liked Postal 2. Yes the content didn't age well but I genuinely appreciated how free I was to do anything I wanted to while carrying out mundane tasks, and then being able to go meet Gary Coleman. It won't hold up if I went back to it now and the terrorist expansion was too linear, but I loved just having a sandbox to mess around in. I've never played the first one and the third one looked terrible.

I picked up Postal 2 for a buck in a sale and if it was ever good, I don't think it held up. I was really interested in the idea that you never have to fire a shot in that game and can quietly check off your to-do list, and I got as far as visiting some games studio and being shot at by protestors before I realised that's a real "in theory" type of promise.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Bug testing a game with a million words sounds suicidal
    As a programmer, I am here to tell you that testing anything - even a "Hello, world!" program - is suicidal. So yes, you are absolutely correct.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    IdolNinja is on the Volition Twitch Stream for Saints Row 2's 11th Anniversary.

They just announced they found the PC's original source code and are not only patching it up, but also adding all the console-exclusive dlc. Apparently all for free and your old save files will still work?

Edit: Watching the stream you can tell just how much he fucking loves Saints Row 2. Which is good, since it's the best one.

Lars on
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    SR2 ran like garbage on PC.

• Options

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

absolute fucking classic

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    IdolNinja is on the Volition Twitch Stream for Saints Row 2's 11th Anniversary.

They just announced they found the PC's original source code and are not only patching it up, but also adding all the console-exclusive dlc. Apparently all for free and your old save files will still work?

Edit: Watching the stream you can tell just how much he fucking loves Saints Row 2. Which is good, since it's the best one.

But SR2 isn't SR4, so it can't be the best

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    SR4 is third best

3>2>4>1

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The other ones don't have Explosion magic, super speed, or the ability to careen around the city getting injured as I bounce off every car at Mach 2

This discussion has been closed.