As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC! Thread Title Update

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He's in a Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth miniseries touring the multiverse

Poor bastard.

• Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    He's in a Scott Lobdell and Brett Booth miniseries touring the multiverse

Poor bastard.

it was a setup, i was hoping you were hyped about what occurred in the last issue. (that just found out about and need to start reading)

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    BC is reporting that they have received word of two more 5G replacements for major heroes in 2020
    Green Lantern isn't nailed down but with the overwhelming positive buzz that Far Sector is generating editorial is leaning to having Jo, the lead, take over as the main DCU GL

And Flash will be...Owen Mercer, Captain Boomerang's son who has super speed.

I actually really like that dude and hate what Johns did with him in his last appearances so I would be super down

This is far enough off and DC editorial is in such flux lately that I wouldn't take these as gospel but BC has had a lengthy run of accurate DC leaks for years now and its fun to think about

No lie, I'd be very interested in the premise of that second replacement.
    It'd be real cool to see a Rogue as a Flash. Plus they did him so dirty in Blackest Night by having him go crazy and start feeding people to his dad only for the rest of the Rogues to toss him to said undead dad when they found out.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    He would have been involved in a book I wish I could have written about 15 or so years ago. World's Finest starring Batgirl and Supergirl, dealing with the fallout of both of them being kinda terrible after she took the evil drugs or whatever the fuck that was.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Steph didn't take evil drugs though

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

A) 15 years ago, as I said, and b) Steph has always worked much better as spoiler anyways.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    The more I think about the supposed Flash successor the more I dig it
    A Flash whose powers are super speed but only in short bursts but are otherwise a normal person is a very, very clever way to keep speed as the power but present it in a fresh way that feels new and distinct from the dozen other speedsters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2019
    Fencingsax wrote: »

A) 15 years ago, as I said, and b) Steph has always worked much better as spoiler anyways.

Steph was Batgirl at the time!

Edit: also Steph is the best Batgirl and I know I argued about this with you on the train in DC like 8 years ago

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Steph was so good as Batgirl and DC did her dirty. Still ain't happy about that.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular

Steph was Batgirl at the time!

Edit: also Steph is the best Batgirl and I know I argued about this with you on the train in DC like 8 years ago

Steph's Batgirl run started in 2009

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    The stuff I'm talking about is part of what led to Steph as Batgirl.

• Options
    FCD wrote: »
    Steph was so good as Batgirl and DC did her dirty. Still ain't happy about that.

I don't disagree that DC did her dirty, but the Detective Comics run helped a bit.

• Options
    Textless preview pages have surfaced for the next He-Man project from DC, He-Man And The Masters Of The Multiverse. The story's about a villain going from Eternia to Eternia to steal the power of multiple Greyskulls with a band of He-Men joining together to stop them. But they need one person first to do so...
    5FXf9tY.jpg

...a un-Skeletor-ed Prince Keldor. Also, makes sense to use the live-action He-Man as the recruiter seeing the movie's Macguffin was a dimension-hopping device.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    ... sure, why not?!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Hmm so something's been bothering me about the whole Batman/Catwoman relationship....this may have been addressed and I missed it.

So I assume Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle would also be wed? Like legally? But...since Catwoman is known to be Selina Kyle, wouldn't that immediately give away Batman's identity?

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Hmm so something's been bothering me about the whole Batman/Catwoman relationship....this may have been addressed and I missed it.

So I assume Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle would also be wed? Like legally? But...since Catwoman is known to be Selina Kyle, wouldn't that immediately give away Batman's identity?
    They plan to get married as Batman and Catwoman, they even got a specifically drunk officiant who won't have a clear memory and were going to do it in costume on a rooftop. It is more for them than any legal things.

Which makes sense since those identities are their truest selves

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Sounds like Pedro Pascal is playing Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

They plan to get married as Batman and Catwoman, they even got a specifically drunk officiant who won't have a clear memory and were going to do it in costume on a rooftop. It is more for them than any legal things.

Yeah I read that but...
    I assume Selina and Bruce would like...be together more often in their civilian identities. Would attend social gatherings, maybe even live together...but like that would sort of give it away right? "Look the Batman's wife is hanging off Bruce Wayne at this museum opening!" maybe I have too much comic history that was erased stuck in my head

• Options

Yeah I read that but...
    I assume Selina and Bruce would like...be together more often in their civilian identities. Would attend social gatherings, maybe even live together...but like that would sort of give it away right? "Look the Batman's wife is hanging off Bruce Wayne at this museum opening!" maybe I have too much comic history that was erased stuck in my head
    The only people who would actually know they were married already know who they are.

• Options

Yeah I read that but...
    The only people who would actually know they were married already know who they are.
    Also Bruce and Selena are exactly the type of weirdos who would love playing The Game of attending social events in their civilian identity and flirting while acting like they aren't together

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Yeah I read that but...
    Also Bruce and Selena are exactly the type of weirdos who would love playing The Game of attending social events in their civilian identity and flirting while acting like they aren't together
    Could make for an entertaining scene when one of Bruce's "friends" tries to warn him about flirting with Selina because of who her husband is.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

I still absolutely love that that was their plan for the officiant. Like... you know how many people who could do it? Get Alfred a license or something? Nope, let's just get that one judge we know shitfaced and have him hang out on a roof.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Sounds like Pedro Pascal is playing Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984

But he's not hairy enough!

• Options
    JayKaos wrote: »

I still absolutely love that that was their plan for the officiant. Like... you know how many people who could do it? Get Alfred a license or something? Nope, let's just get that one judge we know shitfaced and have him hang out on a roof.

Also
    They pulled the judge from Porky's bar from the Warner Bros. Elmer Fudd crossover.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    So I was late getting my comics this week due to illness, but it's now time for my monthly For Flips Sake, You Types, Read Dial H For Hero post.

The gimmick for this month's issue is that it opens by asking the reader to dial the comic itself, which results in this happening:
    PCmx9Wh.png

The comic splits into two stories, running side by side, one forward, the other backward. They can be read separately, in page number order, or together in the order printed as one whole story.

Also, Sam Humphries has spotted something about Grant Morrison's map of the DC multiverse everyone else missed:
    b6mu1wi9g5az.jpg

IT'S A FUCKING H-DIAL

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    oh my god

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I mean, it isn't really
    That's not a phone layout. 0 above the ring, 1 in the middle?

He didn't "discover" something about the multiverse map; he just made something up about it (which is fine! It works for this story!)

• Options
    Tom King tweeted an explanation for Batman/Catwoman being absent from the solicits, it being that Clay Mann is going to draw all 12 isues with no fill-ins and so it is going to take some time.

Which is good, I would prefer that to having fill in artists on what could be a really fantastic book.

But it also shows just how slapdash this Batman shift was. They announced it for January back when editorial cut his run short, which means either they didn't plan on Clay Mann drawing it all from the jump or January was always a bullshit date.

King also says that Mann is just now still drawing the first issue which means this is gonna be a pretty hefty delay.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ooh, a new challenger for Doomsday Clock.

• Options
    Ooh, a new challenger for Doomsday Clock.

When's the last issue supposed to come out by the way? I'm curious to see just how much of the ending and series in total will line up and not line up with current DC events.

• Options
    Is Doomsday Clock more delayed than Hawkeye, at this point?

Presumably, Planetary still reigns

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Did Planetary take longer to finish than Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk?

• Options
    Oh dear
    Upon checking, yes, it very much did

• Options
    Oh man, Ult Wolverine vs Hulk. There's a comic that a) became extremely irrelevant before it finished (possibly began?) And b) does not age well now that I think about it.

• Options
    Did Doomsday Clock start before the Watchmen show was even announced?

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Doomsday Clock started in November 2017
    I can't quite find a hard date for when Watchmen was announced in the form it is now, HBO said they were looking to do the show as far back as 2015, but Lindelof was certainly writing by September '17

• Options
    The comic seems especially kinda silly to exist in light of what the show is doing

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, I don't know, they're going for very different things

• Options
    to be clear I don't think Doomsday Clock has been particularly good in its execution, but the fact that it's about multiverse-level cosmic tinkering and not trying to be a down to earth examination of real problems means it's pretty much not in the same ballpark as the show so I'm just not comparing them

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Comics as social media is a great concept I want to see more of

GGPR has a some variant covers that are the Rangers’ Instagram posts that are also good