As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC! Thread Title Update

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It seems like it has some good gags but I am abstaining after an interview with the two, male, showrunners where they explictly said they were "dangling" the POSSIBILITY of a Harley/Ivy romance for Season 2 and even refused to commit to doing it there.

Just the most blatant queerbaiting in the universe

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    That looks fun, but I still wish thing would have worked out with Michael Rosenbaum

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So, Flash

I haven’t... loved the Bloodwork arc, but the last few minutes of the cast just talking was great

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Arrow
    Roy finally lost his arm!

I forgot that was an Arsenal thing

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So did anyone bite the bullet and watch the Harley show?

Curious if it's better than what the trailer made it out to be.

I would say that it's like Doom Patrol but with villains. Although it's not as good as Doom Patrol.

• Options
    https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/marc-guggenheim-interview-crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrow-cw-1202194754/

The above article gives a lot of cool background on the sheer undertaking (arrow pun!) in getting Crisis to work, but also some really intresting bits previously unknown!

Here are two of the most intresting blurbs:
    Are there still some actors that were cast but haven’t been revealed yet?

Guggenheim: Yeah, I like how there are at least six characters who appear in the first three hours that we haven’t announced. And I’m working on even more for the last two hours. So we’ve obviously announced a bunch, but I really want the audience to be able to tune in and still be surprised. So there are surprises of sorts that we’ve managed to keep secret, and not without great difficulty, I will tell you.
    Understandably, everyone has been tight-lipped about what happens after “Crisis,” in the second half of the season of most of these shows. Is there anything about the future you can safely say?

Guggenheim: Hmm. I guess I could safely tell you that when I met with all the showrunners, one of the first things I said was that because of the nature of the story that we’re telling, there’s an opportunity here to introduce some major status quo shift to the various shows, if you want to do them. ... what I tried to encourage was everyone to recognize that there’s an opportunity here, if they want to take it, to fix something, or introduce a new character, or introduce a new status quo shift. And the shows have embraced that.

• Options
    also an extended trailer for the crossover dropped and one of the guest stars was spoiled in it so i would just avoid all trailers moving forward for it.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    also an extended trailer for the crossover dropped and one of the guest stars was spoiled in it so i would just avoid all trailers moving forward for it.

Who? I watched it a few times and didn't see anyone that hasn't been announced already

• Options

Who? I watched it a few times and didn't see anyone that hasn't been announced already

It was a blink and you miss it.

Will Wheaton, he was the end is nigh person in the clip.

I didn’t see the announcement for that particular guest star, so I have just been avoiding all the marketing after the incident.

I usually don’t mind spoilers but for this one I kinda wish I could go in all blind.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2019
    Oh yeah. I didn't think of that as a "character" that Guggenheim would be teasing

I thought he meant more past characters/actors

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah FUCK YEAH

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    oh it's so fuckin smart how it inverts the last movie
    when Diana was the newcomer to modern society and now Steve is

why he's in the movie is still in question (my money's on ghost) but still

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »
    oh it's so fuckin smart how it inverts the last movie
    when Diana was the newcomer to modern society and now Steve is

why he's in the movie is still in question (my money's on ghost) but still

From what I can surmise
    Pedro Pascal is somehow granting wishes or desires in a way that also funnels power to him in exchange

I assume Diana's wish was to have Steve back

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I absolutely love
    that Valkyriesque suit at the end, getting a real Sisters of Battle vibe off it and it rules

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I am pumped for this, yeah. I mean, the Eagle Armor!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Colours! So vibrant! Also the music is going to do some heavy lifting in this regardless of the quality of the rest of the movie. Ver nice trailer.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    really can't wait to watch diana of themyscira punch a yuppie businessman in the face

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I like to see Pedro Pascal finally cashing that check Game of Thrones got him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hey hold on
    is she web swinging on lightning with her lasso

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Yes, indeed

Also the scene where
    she pops the bullet out of the gun she's totally using her brace to Ignite it and shoot someone

honovere on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    That lightning scene is rad AS FUCK

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's the good CG shit.

• Options
    I missed the call for extras by like a day and I'm still mad about it

But at least I can watch it and play the game of "you can't get between those parts of DC that way"

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I love this trailer. I've just watched it, like, 10 times in a row.

Edit: Make that 11.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I know it is impossible but I was watching the most recent Supernatural and I kinda wanted it to end then cut to the Wells, Meanwhile in Central City, clip all the DC shows used this week. Like, don't even do anything after that, just screw with people.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Haha. Cameo that wasn't announced for Crisis in infinite Earth's.
    Robert Wuhl

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    that cameo's announcement was what sold me on the event!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Who was the dude and
    The robin? Obviously Burt Ward was Burt Ward.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    hey hold on
    is she web swinging on lightning with her lasso

Yep
    Diana can now...

Ride the Lightning

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Who was the dude and
    The robin? Obviously Burt Ward was Burt Ward.
    Hawk and Robin from Titans

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just got to the Superboy episode of Titans and I'm finding their version of him super compelling?

The memory thing is dumb comics stuff as hell, but it leads to some... really interesting stuff

This Krypto is maybe the most ridiculous thing that this show has done though

• Options
    Krypto is a good dog

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Krypto is a good dog
    He grabs an RPG like a stick and spins it around in mid air!

I legit can't decide if I love or hate it, which probably means I love it.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Krypto is a good dog
    He grabs an RPG like a stick and spins it around in mid air!

I legit can't decide if I love or hate it, which probably means I love it.
    what's not to love? It's a dog fuckin up mercs

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    hey comics thread, what's the good horror that's come out over the last few years. got a secret santa who grew up with the swamp things and constantines, still a big steven king fan, want to tap into that and show him some of what he's missed

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I liked Wytches a bunch. Redlands was good too. I think both of those are just single trades that never really moved forward, but both were maybe supposed to?

Through The Woods is a great collection of Emily Carroll stories. She also had When I Arrived At The Castle, which is interesting, but I don't think quite as good.

DIE is playing with a bunch of horror stuff, but it's playing with a lot of other stuff as well, so I'm not sure how appropriate it would be.

I haven't kept up with recent Hellblazer and what have you, but I believe there are supposed to be some good recent runs.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    faj9ug4yex5l.jpg
    This is an official ad for this book.

Honestly, credit to DC for just going for it. Between this and having Hellblazer #1 feature
    Boris Johnson being humiliated in a demonic sex cult
    they are at least willing to just make their commentary Commentary

Meanwhile Marvel is pulling anything remotely anti-Trump. Immortal Hulk is fantastic but is only getting away with its commentary because it is all fake Marvel analogues.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    hey comics thread, what's the good horror that's come out over the last few years. got a secret santa who grew up with the swamp things and constantines, still a big steven king fan, want to tap into that and show him some of what he's missed

American Vampire trades 1 - 5 may be up his alley as well.