Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Do... do we @ Honk?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Pulled pork sandwich was good, y'all

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So,

I just saw Rambo: The Last One.

It was violent... I mean, i was legit surprised he has moments of vulnerability but overall meh.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    EDIT: It has come to my attention that i don't know the name of farm animals.

21stCentury on
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »

I really don’t understand why they let him go in favor of Sutherland

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I’m playing the Code Vein demo. NPCs are always one dimensional, but Code Vein goes a hilarious step further by using throwaway characters’ personalities as their first name on screen. So in this opening prison dungeon there’s a Skeptical Revenant you can talk to, but also an Aggressive Revenant, a Pessimistic Revenant, a Thirsty Revenant, and so on.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Fusion suffers from the same metaphor issue that “magic” does in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Sometimes it was just a spell, then it became about lesbian sex and then it became about drugs. WHAT THE FUCK WAS IT WHEDON?!

Fusion takes on serious meaning for some gems and not much for others, but then it muddies the waters. Like Pearl and Rose were obviously fucking, but (SU: Movie Spoiler)
    Steven and his dad?!

Look some spells have a lesbian sex component

and everyone knows magic drugs are better than other drugs.

See but then with Willow it was like “oh, is she having sex with Rack? Is she addicted to sex? What is going on?” Until she got high and then we were like “well this metaphor is fucked”

They really should have left it as just being magic. They could’ve hinted at her and Tara in other ways (and did) successfully.

The real explanation is that Season 6 is mostly really bad.

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I’m playing the Code Vein demo. NPCs are always one dimensional, but Code Vein goes a hilarious step further by using throwaway characters’ personalities as their first name on screen. So in this opening prison dungeon there’s a Skeptical Revenant you can talk to, but also an Aggressive Revenant, a Pessimistic Revenant, a Thirsty Revenant, and so on.

That's fairly common in JRPGs I feel?

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I love you so much, mortal kombat
    and youtube political nerds
    and penny-arcade chat (at least wandering and casual eddy)

It breaks my heart that you took the time to make sure there was no confusion over which Eddy

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    why are people excited about code vein? is there a reason other than dark souls, so hot right now, dark souls?

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MOTHERFUCK.

I open this package of oreos and, like, 5-6 of them appear to be missing.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    P10 wrote: »
    why are people excited about code vein? is there a reason other than dark souls, so hot right now, dark souls?
    you can wear four tiny hats at once

Elendil on
  • Options
    while wearing a sonic shirt to a mario themed party is great, sonic is still a third-rate designed-by-committee mascot with zero good games

Sonic 1 and 2??!?!?!!?!!?!??!?!?!?
    have you actually tried playing those games while not under the influence of being a child with no taste
    sonic 2 holds up

sonic 1 and 3 are ass

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

Someone in marketing who has no experience with video game creation thought he was more marketable and sold a high enough up boss on it.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    My hatred of painting is the only thing to keep me from indulging in warhammer, and what would be a 200 dollar a month habit. Like cocaine but with a lower chance of STIs.

are you sniffing cocaine from inside people's genitals

that's not how you're supposed to do it?

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Thesis: Night in the Woods is the best Mario game and, unlike Mario Odyssey, is the true heir to the original 1981 Donkey Kong, as Donkey Kong is a game with a working class focus, and an unusually heavy (for its time) focus on narrative, characters, and relationships

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    My understanding is that since cocaine is a topical numbing agent, the best way to do cocaine is to cut your palm, put cocaine in the cut, and then light it on fire to increase the reaction rate and boost the effects. The numbing aspect guarantees you'll feel no pain!

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    My understanding is that since cocaine is a topical numbing agent, the best way to do cocaine is to cut your palm, put cocaine in the cut, and then light it on fire to increase the reaction rate and boost the effects. The numbing aspect guarantees you'll feel no pain!

that's really fascinating!

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    while wearing a sonic shirt to a mario themed party is great, sonic is still a third-rate designed-by-committee mascot with zero good games

have you actually tried playing those games while not under the influence of being a child with no taste
    sonic 2 holds up

sonic 1 and 3 are ass
    so sonic 1 and 3 are good?

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

sonic 2 holds up

sonic 1 and 3 are ass
    ummmm no

they're bad ass

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

I'm guessing it is somehow Konami's weird mafia pachinko business fault.

• Options
    MOTHERFUCK.

I open this package of oreos and, like, 5-6 of them appear to be missing.
    >.> <.<

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

sonic 2 holds up

sonic 1 and 3 are ass
    ummmm no

they're bad ass

So, good?

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

(legitimately the old school "cops taste cocaine to see if it's real" trope is because it numbs the tongue, not because cops would know what cocaine tasted like. [ok cops probably would but still])

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    ok brilliant ending a+
    "Looks like there are still many loose ends in this investigation"
    "Yeah, you're right"
    hard cut to credits, I clapped

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    sonic 1 is good actually, but it's a totally different type of good than 2. 3 is bad.

I think I actually like 1 most, at least to play. 2 is phenomenal by all means but I enjoy 1 more, it's more standard platformy.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Is it even real cocaine if you’re not doing it off your friend’s boobs in the stall of a fetid dive bar’s bathroom

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

(legitimately the old school "cops taste cocaine to see if it's real" trope is because it numbs the tongue, not because cops would know what cocaine tasted like. [ok cops probably would but still])

The Venn diagram of cops that has circles for problem drinker, steroid user and history of cocaine use would make you feel like you had blurred vision looking at it.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Someone in marketing who has no experience with video game creation thought he was more marketable and sold a high enough up boss on it.

It is because Kojima wanted Sutherland.
    "I wanted to make sure the actor who did the voice also acted out the facial expressions as well. Snake is now 49, and I was looking for someone who could realistically convey the feelings of this older, weathered Snake through both his facial expressions and his tone of voice. A friend of mine, producer Avi Arad, recommended Kiefer Sutherland, which made a lot of sense for us, so we approached him. ... The technology now allows acting to take center stage, so that's the direction we're taking."
    "As for the changing of the voice with the new technologies we are now able to express emotions not only by voice, but also with the expressiveness of the faces.The main theme this time is revenge, and so far the Snake emotions could not match the words, but now that emotions can be expressed also with the faces we needed a real actor, not just a voice actor. So we decided to use Mr. Sutherland."

The fact that the amount of actual acting on the part of Sutherland in MGS5 was not much even including the boring mostly neutral expressions from Snake makes the reasoning kind of screwy.

Couscous on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sonic is bad

both the food and asshole hedgehog

• Options

sonic 2 holds up

sonic 1 and 3 are ass
    ummmm no

they're bad ass

So, good?
    all i'm saying is that they're not hot shit, they're cool shit

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Sonic is bad

both the food and asshole hedgehog

The Sonic giveth the golden rings
    The Sonic taketh them away

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Sanic is as close to an actual Poochie as we've ever seen

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

I mean, Knuckles is right there

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

It is because Kojima wanted Sutherland.
    "I wanted to make sure the actor who did the voice also acted out the facial expressions as well. Snake is now 49, and I was looking for someone who could realistically convey the feelings of this older, weathered Snake through both his facial expressions and his tone of voice. A friend of mine, producer Avi Arad, recommended Kiefer Sutherland, which made a lot of sense for us, so we approached him. ... The technology now allows acting to take center stage, so that's the direction we're taking."
    "As for the changing of the voice with the new technologies we are now able to express emotions not only by voice, but also with the expressiveness of the faces.The main theme this time is revenge, and so far the Snake emotions could not match the words, but now that emotions can be expressed also with the faces we needed a real actor, not just a voice actor. So we decided to use Mr. Sutherland."

The fact that the amount of actual acting on the part of Sutherland in MGS5 was not much even including the boring mostly neutral expressions from Snake makes the reasoning kind of screwy.

If they had gotten him to talk for more than 5 minutes it might have worked better

Oh MGS5, you're so disappointing because you're so close to amazing

• Options
    all videogame mascots are soulless avatars of capitalism

only a crude drawing of a penis in a bathroom stall is pure

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »

I mean, Knuckles is right there

And Shadow!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The reason I've seen put forth is "Kojima still wants to be a movie director".

• Options
    Like 90% of the Sutherland facial acting in MGS5 were probably in the opening and closing scenes.

This discussion has been closed.