Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Also the best gem is Peridot and the best human is Connie.

The best gem is Zircon.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I just watched the movie yesterday and it was greeeeaaaaaaaaat

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    also he lives in a van and is a transient

He's not a transient, he owns a car wash!
    he lives in a van
    he doesn't pay property taxes!!!

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

This is just judgey!

He continues to do so even after he becomes a millionaire.

• Options

He's not a transient, he owns a car wash!
    he lives in a van
    he doesn't pay property taxes!!!

He pays taxes on the car wash, I’m pretty sure.

• Options
    IRL Steven would have been ripped from his amorphous family and put into a stable group home like modern social work intended

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I just watched the movie yesterday and it was greeeeaaaaaaaaat

Yeah office space is a classic

• Options
    IRL Steven would have been ripped from his amorphous family and put into a stable group home like modern social work intended

He has a stable group home!

Also a direct relationship with the mayor

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

This is like those comics where Calvin gets put on Ritalin.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

This is like those comics where Calvin gets put on Ritalin.
    i love those comics

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2019
    Given the correlation between discarded white claw cans and abandoned lime scooters, I can only assume one must be funneling alcoholic seltzer to pilot these contraptions

Vanguard on
  • Options
    "Wouldn't it be funny if we took everything that was charming about this piece of media and painted over it with the cold, grey shroud of 'realism'?"

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    "Wouldn't it be funny if we took everything that was charming about this piece of media and painted over it with the cold, grey shroud of 'realism'?"
    yes

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    The government understands not to mess with Crystal Gem business.

• Options
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

It certainly explains why we seem to be getting very different things out of the show.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »
    yes they are definitely don't tread on me gems

• Options
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

It certainly explains why we seem to be getting very different things out of the show.
    I love the show very much and watched the whole thing. I'm making jokes. I'm also real tired of SU preciousness meaning we can't talk about or have different thoughts about the show.

• Options
    Also, like, Steven’s living situation has way better outcomes than the foster system and waaaaay better funding.

• Options
    But yes in an ideal world if your father is a transient who lives in a van and you are being raised by three nonregistered people on a compound after losing your mother then yes you should be in a group home and raised in a stable family

• Options
    Most children in the care of the state don’t develop any super powers at all

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    this is weird

my tongue hurts, and the soft palate on the bottom of my mouth

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Most children in the care of the state don’t develop any super powers at all

Most, but not all

• Options
    People really assume the government intervenes more in child care than they actually do with that sort of "if it were realistic" thing.

• Options
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

I love the show very much and watched the whole thing. I'm making jokes. I'm also real tired of SU preciousness meaning we can't talk about or have different thoughts about the show.

I don't believe in the latter thing at all!

It was very difficult to determine when you shifted from actual criticism of Greg to jokes about him, or if that shift happened at all, and if you interpret the jokes as legitimate criticism they seem strange to me, that's all.

Criticism of SU shouldn't be precious any more than SU should be precious.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    But yes in an ideal world if your father is a transient who lives in a van and you are being raised by three nonregistered people on a compound after losing your mother then yes you should be in a group home and raised in a stable family

It isn't transient when he has been there for years.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    yes they are definitely don't tread on me gems

Sounds like Lucky went all 3%er

Frosted Lucky Charms

They're stand-your-ground delicious

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

It's a good premise with mediocre execution and a ton of horrible stuff like two twelve year olds being sexualized by the camera and hit on by an adult who knows they're children.

• Options
    Living in your van is a sensible cost saving measure! We would be a better country if more people were so space conscious regarding their living situation!

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    A facebook post about Shia's Hot Ones appearance reminded me of this, which upon rewatching I still think is a magnificent work of art.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

The cinematography and choreography are so good. Legit inspired.

• Options
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

It's a good premise with mediocre execution and a ton of horrible stuff like two twelve year olds being sexualized by the camera and hit on by an adult who knows they're children.

That is just realistic.

• Options
    Hmm, am I recovered enough emotionally from insta-failing the Yiga Clan Hideout section in BotW due to a terrain issue yesterday?

I think I might be.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

Wow this is a hell of a hot take

• Options
    I will probably never interact with the Stephen Universe Universe

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Damn I'm going to need to really step up my killjoy if I'm going to compete with Fuzzy.

• Options
    Winky wrote: »
    yes

I mean, fair enough!

Wow this is a hell of a hot take

Just because I am made of fire doesn't mean my take is hot.

• Options
    I have all the figurines and I sing the songs! I am able to put away the adult brain and enjoy it but it can be fun to also think about how weird it is.
    I really did think Gregg was a deadbeat absentee father and the show does very little to dissuade you from that position initially.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I have all the figurines and I sing the songs! I am able to put away the adult brain and enjoy it but it can be fun to also think about how weird it is.
    I really did think Gregg was a deadbeat absentee father and the show does very little to dissuade you from that position initially.

It's hard to judge a character by a real world metric when barely anyone in the show acts like a human.

Incenjucar on
  • Options

Agreed, and tbf these are the kinds of jokes the show even makes about itself on occasion

• Options

It's hard to judge a character by a real world metric when barely anyone in the show acts like s human.

Really? I mean they soften it a ton but they act a hell of a lot more like actual people than most cartoon shows.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Fuzzy I must ask that you return those figurines to the (man-)child you stole (wrenched?) them from because the verdict has been reached that you are a player hater

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.