Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    MsAnthropyMsAnthropy The Lady of Pain Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm, Breaks the Rhythm The City of FlowersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    credeiki wrote: »
    I can’t handle how people are so into naltrexone even though the data on naltrexone shows that it doesn’t work for most people arghhhh
    Could you stop moralizing for 20 seconds and look at the data >:[

*Looks at state of the world.*
    No.

MsAnthropy on
    Luscious Sounds Spotify Playlist

"The only real politics I knew was that if a guy liked Hitler, I’d beat the stuffing out of him and that would be it." -- Jack Kirby
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I can’t handle how people are so into naltrexone even though the data on naltrexone shows that it doesn’t work for most people arghhhh

What, really? This is news to me.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Wait so is this back in a time when you were allowed to roll need on class-specific things for a class you AREN'T?

Warriors and rogues had a ranged slot, and stat bonuses from your gun existed. So you could get some stam or agi from a ranged weapon upgrade.

As a tank I preferred really slow guns because I used them to pull, and slower means bigger hit for the one shot I got.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    my dad took naltrexone and I don't think it particularly helped him but also I won't stop moralizing about alcohol abuse

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It's funny everyone remembers hunters rolling on like warrior weapons, but everyone tends to gloss over rogues and warriors taking hunter ranged weapons...

That’s called payback

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    But the gear was class-specific wasn't it? Why were people in other classes even ALLOWED to roll need on it?

Like not by other players but by the client itself?

Not all gear was, only tier gear was class specific.

BoE like a shield could potentially be used by 3 different classes. Swords by practically everyone, etc.

The argument is "we all contributed equally to getting this to drop, we all deserve, equally, to share in the wealth" the counter argument is "I can actually use this item, I actually need it, so I should be able to have it over you, the person who cannot" the counter-counter argument is "but I really want money for items I want, so I should be able to also need it to sell it to someone else, since I have contributed just as much as you have to this dungeon"

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    work gives us phones
    but we had a new person starting and it turns out that a month ago they switched policy and no longer will port over your number

i guess i understand maybe why but they used to do it up until literally a month ago
    why the change

so either you carry 2 phones around and keep paying your own phone bill which is $$$$$$ or you have to get a new phone number which i imagine is a whole to do
    considering most people have had the same number for forever

but maybe it's kind of freeing idk

Google voice will let you keep and forward your old number if need be.

Also I rather carry 2 phones and not have my personal phone attached to my work and any policies they have allowing them to lock/look/delete items from it.

Carrying two phones is fine; you have 4 pockets after all. I will not let work install their shit to monitor and/or wipe my phone and I will not risk work email on my phone. If someone sends you classified email or even PHI/PII by mistake and then you have it on your personal phone, that is really bad! Don’t let work anywhere near your personal devices.

Alternatively: use a sandboxing app. Many email apps today will contain work access & work policies within the app. If your workplace sends a remote wipe command they just wipe the data in the app. If they inspect your phone's technical data all they see is what the app tells them.

I use Nine (aka 9Folders) for this purpose, but it isn't the only one.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i can't fit this smoke alarm back into the ceiling
    i think just letting it dangle is fine right

No, but yes. But no

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "share in the wealth" is kind of misleading, because the only person who gets the wealth is the one who wins the roll

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    But the gear was class-specific wasn't it? Why were people in other classes even ALLOWED to roll need on it?

BoE like a shield could potentially be used by 3 different classes. Swords by practically everyone, etc.

The argument is "we all contributed equally to getting this to drop, we all deserve, equally, to share in the wealth" the counter argument is "I can actually use this item, I actually need it, so I should be able to have it over you, the person who cannot" the counter-counter argument is "but I really want money for items I want"

In the end it boils down to are you running with pugs? Well dont expect people to be nice about it heh. If you are running with friends it will most likely be a non issue and hey you can use it gratz. But with pugs it was always better to just say before the run what rules people agreed on. And even then it was always best for need on BOEs. heh.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    my dad took naltrexone and I don't think it particularly helped him but also I won't stop moralizing about alcohol abuse

Ohhh to be clear I mean for medication assisted treatment for opioid abuse, where it is much less effective than methadone and buprenorphine

For alcohol abuse I don’t know anything about it

People give naltrexone/vivitrol because the other two are opioids and we can’t have that!!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    yesss I convinced a senior backend engineer to approve a solution to a bug that is much easier and quicker for me to do, so it's obviously the best solution

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

The argument is "we all contributed equally to getting this to drop, we all deserve, equally, to share in the wealth" the counter argument is "I can actually use this item, I actually need it, so I should be able to have it over you, the person who cannot" the counter-counter argument is "but I really want money for items I want"

In the end it boils down to are you running with pugs? Well dont expect people to be nice about it heh. If you are running with friends it will most likely be a non issue and hey you can use it gratz. But with pugs it was always better to just say before the run what rules people agreed on. And even then it was always best for need on BOEs. heh.

Yup, when the unknown element crops up, I understand completely.

If, and only if, you say ahead of time you're breaking the convention of "need is if you need, greed is if you want to sell" that literally 99.9% of the rest of the community has agreed on. I will say it in a pug, but I don't pug often so this hasn't come up.

• Options
    god one time I got a greed roll on the thing that is needed for the epic hunter quiver and sold it for like a billion gold

I ended up giving most of the gold to my guildmate who was stockpiling arcanite for thunderfury

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    yesss I convinced a senior backend engineer to approve a solution to a bug that is much easier and quicker for me to do, so it's obviously the best solution

Eddy in three weeks: ffffffffffffffffffff

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    But seriously people, what section of Portland am I supposed to stay in?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options

Ohhh to be clear I mean for medication assisted treatment for opioid abuse, where it is much less effective than methadone and buprenorphine

People give naltrexone/vivitrol because the other two are opioids and we can’t have that!!

Ohhhhhhh that makes way more sense!

I was thinking about alcohol and little question marks were floating above my head at your post.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Okay, but why does wow give loot willy nilly to a whole squad and expect them to figure out the split? A sadistic social experiment?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    This is all just because it's WoW Classic, yea? Because it sounds like a nightmare and I can't imagine they kept it that way for long.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    a greed roll sounds like a delicious breakfast

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    Okay, but why does wow give loot willy nilly to a whole squad and expect them to figure out the split? A sadistic social experiment?
    yes

• Options

classic rpg elements that came from D&D I suppose

• Options
    you have to remember WoW came out in 1993 and instanced loot hadn't been invented yet

• Options
    This is all just because it's WoW Classic, yea? Because it sounds like a nightmare and I can't imagine they kept it that way for long.

It stayed that way until about roughly Pandaria, so about 12 years.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

Oh god absolutely; naltrexone adherence for MAT for opioids is low low low
    Cause it makes you feel bad! You have to be clean/go through withdrawal to use it and it just keeps opioids from acting (it is an antagonist). The other ones feel ok generally and are basically partial agonists and are more forgiving to relapse. And they show way higher adherence in the literature and in my research.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

Idk how it is now, but back in the day a given boss only dropped like, 5 pieces of loot for a raid of 25 people. I think the ratio was even worse for 40 man raids.

So yeah. A large part of guild management and drama was in determining who got loot. Complex systems were devised. People railed against the system. Accusation of favoritism abounded. Etc etc etc

It was a magical time

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

Eddy in three weeks: ffffffffffffffffffff

the way he wanted to do it was a pretty big overhaul of how some very common models interact. I feel like that would have given me a headache later on rather than just updating this one query that's giving us problems

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    what were those dumb ass dragon points lmao

• Options
    Agonist is a very good cryptarch name btw

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Much prefer XIV's version. Equipment is locked by role for armor, by job for weapon. If something drops and you can equip it (or in accessories' case if you are the intended role for it) you can roll need or greed, if not you can roll greed. Current gear is almost universally market prohibited too so the incentive to grab equipment for the purpose of selling isn't present. Items like minions/mounts/triple triad cards/crafting materials are free for all.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options

Ohhhhhhh that makes way more sense!

I was thinking about alcohol and little question marks were floating above my head at your post.

Hm this is also reminding me that my data is catching people on naltrexone for alcohol but I bet that is a small enough number of people that it doesn’t matter.

....I hope. But I don’t think I can actually figure it out from claims data unless someone I guess has a diagnosis of alcohol abuse and not one of opioid abuse (but a lot of times people won’t have either cause claims are v inconsistent)

• Options

Oh god absolutely; naltrexone adherence for MAT for opioids is low low low
    Cause it makes you feel bad! You have to be clean/go through withdrawal to use it and it just keeps opioids from acting (it is an antagonist). The other ones feel ok generally and are basically partial agonists and are more forgiving to relapse. And they show way higher adherence in the literature and in my research.

That's good to know

We're on a new page so just to clarify - I was thinking about alcohol, not opioids. And I saw your post that said you were thinking about opioids, not alcohol.

• Options
    It is so cool to do this research and see this data for myself

I’m genuinely really into it and enjoying myself

I hope people actually *do* something with some of these results but that is perhaps too much to ask for. I can at least guarantee that some high up people have seen the results though

• Options
    my brother says naltrexone is pretty effective for curbing one's desire to drink, in his experience anyway

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I've had a meeting invite about the future of conslutling.

Sounds good.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Sounds good.

rip Mojo

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2019
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

Sounds good.
    *perks up* Eh?

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

Idk how it is now, but back in the day a given boss only dropped like, 5 pieces of loot for a raid of 25 people. I think the ratio was even worse for 40 man raids.

So yeah. A large part of guild management and drama was in determining who got loot. Complex systems were devised. People failed against the system. Accusation of favoritism abounded. Etc etc etc

It was a magical time

I was against when I thought it was just random, but that it’s also limited number got me back onboard. Seems like the exact ingredients needed to become a cyber feudal lord.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2019

So yeah. A large part of guild management and drama was in determining who got loot. Complex systems were devised. People failed against the system. Accusation of favoritism abounded. Etc etc etc

It was a magical time
    The more people talk about Classic WoW in [chat], the more I think "Why the fuck did I ever play MMOs? What a colossal waste of time. How were they so bad??"

Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    As far as I know busp has a good record. I only thought of naltrexone for alcohol where it's pretty effective. Don't worry though academic drug addiction scientists only study cocaine lever press for rats and refuse to expand to deal life examples so I'm sure we will get some new drugs any day now....

This discussion has been closed.