Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Definitely manipulation of DKP Charts and accidentally as guild leader giving your wife all the gear.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    private loot drops are for the weak. shared loot is more realistic and highlights and ostracizes sociopaths instead of letting them slip by under the radar

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    But the gear was class-specific wasn't it? Why were people in other classes even ALLOWED to roll need on it?

Like not by other players but by the client itself?

Not all gear was, only tier gear was class specific.

BoE like a shield could potentially be used by 3 different classes. Swords by practically everyone, etc.

The argument is "we all contributed equally to getting this to drop, we all deserve, equally, to share in the wealth" the counter argument is "I can actually use this item, I actually need it, so I should be able to have it over you, the person who cannot" the counter-counter argument is "but I really want money for items I want, so I should be able to also need it to sell it to someone else, since I have contributed just as much as you have to this dungeon"

All this shit is solved by announcing 'need before greed' at the start of a run that isnt in a org(guild) that has rules already stating their policy. I think the worst thing was when they built in the rolling system and everyone I ran into kept trying to make it a house rule to always hit greed on stuff. Then they get pissy when its BoP and someone rolls need because they will use it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    As far as I know busp has a good record. I only thought of naltrexone for alcohol where it's pretty effective. Don't worry though academic drug addiction scientists only study cocaine lever press for rats and refuse to expand to deal life examples so I'm sure we will get some new drugs any day now....

Some criminal justice systems like to mandate naltrexone only for opioid cessation because then they can feel like they aren’t giving opiates to criminals

It makes me *furious*

I have probably given an angry rant about this 3+ times/week for the past 3 months or so

Increased MAT adherence is related to lower overdose and death risk so if you make people use less effective MAT you are choosing to kill them.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    But the gear was class-specific wasn't it? Why were people in other classes even ALLOWED to roll need on it?

BoE like a shield could potentially be used by 3 different classes. Swords by practically everyone, etc.

The argument is "we all contributed equally to getting this to drop, we all deserve, equally, to share in the wealth" the counter argument is "I can actually use this item, I actually need it, so I should be able to have it over you, the person who cannot" the counter-counter argument is "but I really want money for items I want, so I should be able to also need it to sell it to someone else, since I have contributed just as much as you have to this dungeon"

All this shit is solved by announcing 'need before greed' at the start of a run that isnt in a org(guild) that has rules already stating their policy. I think the worst thing was when they built in the rolling system and everyone I ran into kept trying to make it a house rule to always hit greed on stuff. Then they get pissy when its BoP and someone rolls need because they will use it.

The issue ultimately is people fighting about what "need" means exactly.

To most of us need quite literally means you need the item and will use it.

To the geese, it means "I need the value of the item" and that's the logic they're using to justify it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    After 4 years, I'm back to a professional position where I get business cards 8-)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    C++ move semantics are kind of great but man are they brain melting after 10 years of designing code built on pointers and references. The idea of traveling ownership of stack variables is nutso.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Shark heard this story, but I don’t think posted it here. I played Destiny for about a year before I played Borderlands 2 for the first time. I played in coop with a couple of friends, and the game was very generous with loop. I was hoovering it up all over the field, making a straight line to any shiny object, occasionally stopping to equip new items, or deleting a bunch. 2 hours in I ask my buds about their loot situation and someone says “well, you’ve been taking a lot of it.”

It was good to find out that if I needed to, I could absolutely run over my friends to get mine, with little protest.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    aChiBkiPTKJm1Ug9Q4WvuQtMphsvvISAY2F0zxsL9i9Q.jpg

Evening.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    [img]https://gfx.nrk. no/aChiBkiPTKJm1Ug9Q4WvuQtMphsvvISAY2F0zxsL9i9Q.jpg[/img]

Evening.

what items are we rolling on

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    As far as I know busp has a good record. I only thought of naltrexone for alcohol where it's pretty effective. Don't worry though academic drug addiction scientists only study cocaine lever press for rats and refuse to expand to deal life examples so I'm sure we will get some new drugs any day now....

Some criminal justice systems like to mandate naltrexone only for opioid cessation because then they can feel like they aren’t giving opiates to criminals

It makes me *furious*

I have probably given an angry rant about this 3+ times/week for the past 3 months or so

Increased MAT adherence is related to lower overdose and death risk so if you make people use less effective MAT you are choosing to kill them.

When my vicodin-addict ex was on probation, the court had a big problem with her continuing to take opioids prescribed by a physician. She had hooked up with a pain management clinic, and as is standard practice for pain management physicians dealing with opioid addiction, she signed a drug contract that said she would only take pain medication prescribed by the clinic, and she would have to comply with their non-opioid therapies.

Towards the end of her probation, the court actually had one of her urinanalyses done by as a toxicology report instead of the usual UA panel, which didn't just show y/n for opioids but actually listed every metabolite found in her urine.

"You have morphine metabolites in your urine! You've been taking morphine! You don't have a prescription for that! Back to jail with you!"

I was like "that's now how this works, that's not how any of this works" and at the time I was working for a pharma company maintaining their clinical information library, so I printed a bunch of scholarly journal articles on morphine metabolism and had a medical professional sign a little note that said, paraphrased, "all opioids produce these metabolites, you can't conclude that she's taking morphine just from the presence of a morphine metabolite in the absence of other supporting evidence."

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Molly, a little bit of weed

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Okay, but why does wow give loot willy nilly to a whole squad and expect them to figure out the split? A sadistic social experiment?

Idk how it is now, but back in the day a given boss only dropped like, 5 pieces of loot for a raid of 25 people. I think the ratio was even worse for 40 man raids.

So yeah. A large part of guild management and drama was in determining who got loot. Complex systems were devised. People railed against the system. Accusation of favoritism abounded. Etc etc etc

It was a magical time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLDytJC655c

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Feral wrote: »

I will take one (1) molly and a bit of weed pls

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I hate working with techs

It's taken this dude 5 minutes to connect a player to wifi jesus fucking christ can you hurry the fuck up

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    all this talk makes me appreciate the NWN server I've been playing on

with RP none of these silly arguments apply

my good hearted and free spiritied ranger, sure, I share equitably - more than equitably, what someone has use for, they get.

with my rogue, eat shit. Like, sure, I'll pretend like we're splitting the loot like we agreed to, because I do need allies, but you better believe I am lying my ass off about what I've found and how much gold.

yesterday I had the delicious moment where one of the two people I joined up with died. The other guy had a scroll of raise dead, asked if I could use it. I could, but I lied and let him stay dead because divided by two is more than divided by three.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    WoW was objectively bad in so many ways but I had a goddamn blast playing it

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    aChiBkiPTKJm1Ug9Q4WvuQtMphsvvISAY2F0zxsL9i9Q.jpg

Evening.

Batteries not included. Some assembly required.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

I will take one (1) molly and a bit of weed pls

That would make the next 1.5 hours of continuous meetings more enjoyable yes
    I mean given the topic, opiates would also be great here; definitely would make the one challenging client a lot more bearable

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

Need

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    a colt 45 and two zig zags

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

Typical, nothing my class* can use

*Square

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    desc wrote: »

Need

Geth Roll 1d100 for Need.

Need:
    1d100 35 [1d100=35]

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Take my wife, Molly

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    desc wrote: »

Need

Geth Roll 1d100 for Need.

Geth roll 1d100

1d100 53 [1d100=53]

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    I need to purify this boron reagent and it's not in the book of purifications and I don't know what to do

But Vishnub. That’s the forbidden purification. The world isn’t ready! You’re not ready!

Yeah so I gave up and I’m just gonna buy more

• Options
    😎

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Boss emailing us from his vacation in hawaii asking us to take some overdue office training on not taking bribes from chinese diplomats or someshit

god damnit take a day off and also fuck that im gonna take as many bribes from chinese diplomats as i get in my insular office job where i talk to chevy dealers a couple times a month

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options

The issue ultimately is people fighting about what "need" means exactly.

To most of us need quite literally means you need the item and will use it.

To the geese, it means "I need the value of the item" and that's the logic they're using to justify it.

Once my friend group started to fill out their gear, I started needing on melee swords that no one needed for my warlock. It became kind a of running joke, and I'd often run around with them equiped just to confuse people inspecting my gear.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Oh god this is so awkward
    The client appears to be on the line but muted and not responding to inquiries so...??? What do we do...

• Options
    The client appears to be on the line but muted and not responding to inquiries so...??? What do we do...

Tell her how you really feel?

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

This is every Skype for business call

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »

Tell her how you really feel?

She’s mean but not actively sabotaging us like the other client
    She never answered so after 9 minutes we said we’d email her the slideshow and try to reschedule and hung up

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I always lost the rolls lol.

Except for that one time. On the only spectral dragon we got out of those initial Panda raids. Such a pretty flying star dragon.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    you can Need on BOE's all you want if you want to be a greedy goblin who no one wants to play with

last night our Mage got her BIS ring (Freezing Band), an epic BOE. And yeah people can greed roll that or super greed roll it with need. But were not all assholes and we want our friends to have good things.

If people want to destroy their video game friendships over a small amount of gold towards their epic? fine, if you're default rule is "Need over Greed' then you can do that without me.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I always lost the rolls lol.

Except for that one time. On the only spectral dragon we got out of those initial Panda raids. Such a pretty flying star dragon.

*picks up loot*

*disenchants*

I meant that I needed mats

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    $#@!
    I finally have a shipping date for my new PC. It arrives tomorrow (yay)
    But I was just notified that my doorbell is broken. So I can't hear the delivery.
    Since this is a personal delivery, it'll get sent back to the post office.
    So I've got to catch the delivery guy.
    I guess I'm going to hang around the lobby for 3 hours tomorrow, refreshing the track & trace?!

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

chat relevant

ACCEPT MY VENTING

DO NOT OPINE

CARRY THAT WEIGHT

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
This discussion has been closed.