Options

The Ritual is [Chat]

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »
    $#@!
    I finally have a shipping date for my new PC. It arrives tomorrow (yay)
    But I was just notified that my doorbell is broken. So I can't hear the delivery.
    Since this is a personal delivery, it'll get sent back to the post office.
    So I've got to catch the delivery guy.
    I guess I'm going to hang around the lobby for 3 hours tomorrow, refreshing the track & trace?!

Is a note an option? I usually tape a note to the door if the package is that important heh. Also depending on the shipper you can put a hold to have it be able to be picked up at the shop sometimes.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular

chat relevant

ACCEPT MY VENTING

DO NOT OPINE

CARRY THAT WEIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »

you read about an incredibly toxic relationship

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I made it about two paragraphs in

Nope

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Good luck with life lady

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Kamiro wrote: »

you read about an incredibly toxic relationship

Yeah this is like the most toxic "its ok because I think they are ok" I've ever read. Like this is a woman so delusional, she might as well just live on the nile.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    speaking of how you can't trust shippers the stone table top that got delivered was cracked but now that is someone else's headache

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    For the past week it has taken the coffee shop I go to on my break 20-30 minutes to toast a bagel.

Why?

Because they do one order at a time. They never, ever go out of order. So if there's any pending orders in front of me, they complete them all, one at a time, before even putting a bagel in a toaster for my order.

Clearly I can't spend 35 minutes on a 15 minute break. It would take less time to go get a full breakfast from a restaurant.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

chat relevant

ACCEPT MY VENTING

DO NOT OPINE

CARRY THAT WEIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

*laughs nervously while triggered*

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    I’m sure people who want to vent always check first with the person they’re about to unload on to make sure they’re fine with it and happy to help them bear that emotional weight.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    @mim my psychiatrist thinks you’re cool

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Take my wife, Molly

Why would Molly take your wife?

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Got my flu shot today, so I hope to get my autism super powers tomorrow.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    Why not simply repress your feelings, and bury them so deep inside you that they die, withered away from sunlight?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

thoughts and prayers

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    Why not simply repress your feelings, and bury them so deep inside you that they die, withered away from sunlight?

#britishtwitter

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular

ou15xv4jsbm7.png

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Fuck, there's really no way for me to pick up workout attire in the city of boston without dropping like 100 bucks for a single workout's clothing.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

I make mine stand in a queue

• Options

#britishtwitter

And then 35 years later tell everyone about how your husband drinks, loses friends, and nails everything with a heartbeat.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    It's funny everyone remembers hunters rolling on like warrior weapons, but everyone tends to gloss over rogues and warriors taking hunter ranged weapons...

if the ranged weapon has agility its for a rogue

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Do you mean to tell me that isn't the only way to deal with things?

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Fuck, there's really no way for me to pick up workout attire in the city of boston without dropping like 100 bucks for a single workout's clothing.

Primark?

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

Look if you aren't wearing lululemon then your ass looks terrible and why even exercise.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    Why do you need work out clothing?

Do you not own a pair of swim trunks?

I like to ART
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    or a burlap sack and some scissors

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I think the issue is he doesn't want to go home before going to the gym.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options

Primark?

They fuckin failed me! I thought for sure they'd have a cheap shitty tank top and some cheap athletic shorts, but nope! Marshals failed me as well. Straight up lack in availability.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular

@Sleep

Dude
    Marshall’s
    Marshall’s or TJ Maxx

(Or tbh uniqlo does okay)

But like Marshall’s I got some super cheap workout shorts and they were Nike and Reebok
    And like a t shirt can be any old t shirt...

poo
  • Options
    Work out in the buff as the romans would.

I like to ART
  • Options
    Oh

I guess Marshall’s failed u

Hm

Rip

poo
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think there's two different modes for venting, between personal and online:

Personal venting is, by definition, personal, so it's just governed by the normal rules of social interaction. If you like someone you might charitably hear them out without providing a response - which is emotional labor - or you might condition your being that venting target on being able to solicit advice, or you might not be willing to hear them out at all.

Online, unless you've specifically addressed your venting to someone, you're just kind of venting into the room, right? I was going to say the void, but it's not -- there are people there who may be more or less invested in your wellbeing, which is why you've directed your complaint there and not a pillow. And you've spread that little bit of emotional labor between all your audience. You shouldn't expect a response, but you shouldn't also *not* expect a response, but you don't owe a response in turn to someone who wants to engage with what you threw down. Differently from personal venting though, you can't not opt-out of the conversation. Sure, you can avoid participating in it, but same as politics, it's there in the room.

SummaryJudgment on
    Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Based on her Twitter account, Gillian Anderson might be my spirit animal

Not linking to the tweet that inspired this post because it's a little bit NSFW

• Options
    I’ve definitely multiple times forgotten gym shorts and realized when I got to the gym and had to go to Modell’s (ny area sporting goods store) and buy a dumb pair of way too baggy shorts
    But it was still under $20

poo
  • Options

Primark?

They fuckin failed me! I thought for sure they'd have a cheap shitty tank top and some cheap athletic shorts, but nope! Marshals failed me as well. Straight up lack in availability.

f

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »

I think the issue is he doesn't want to go home before going to the gym.

Nah the issue is that everything I have that actually fits for the gym is hella dirty and I keep running into this problem so figured I'd try to expand the wardrobe available for such activities. Also I'd tear my swim trunks asunder if I tried to do zercher squats in them.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    Based on her Twitter account, Gillian Anderson might be my spirit animal

Not linking to the tweet that inspired this post because it's a little bit NSFW

Man talk about two things that'll get me too look up that twitter immediately.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I'll probably be able to cobble something together out off stuff I don't fit into anymore, but I'm gonna be risking showing off the goods the whole time I'm doing squats.

This discussion has been closed.