As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Good at Video [chat]s

• Options
    Ravenhpltc24Ravenhpltc24 So Raven Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    I've done it.

I've figured out what the hardest thing is.

The hardest thing is trying to get yourself removed from work email lists that you no longer should be on.

Tangentially, moving to a new department at the same company, but no one who emails you recognizes the change and instead you're bombarded with torrential crap that is no longer your problem.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I've done it.

The hardest thing is trying to get yourself removed from work email lists that you no longer should be on.

Tangentially, moving to a new department at the same company, but no one who emails you recognizes the change and instead you're bombarded with torrential crap that is no longer your problem.

This, in fact, is exactly my current problem.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    this is kinda wild

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/26/us/carson-king-busch-cuts-ties-beer-posts-trnd/index.html

a guy goes viral on tv and people send a bunch of money to him

he decides to donate that money to a children's hospital, and anheuser-busch jumps on board for the publicity or whatever

a reporter uncovers racist tweets from the guy, the guy gets dropped by a-b

people on twitter find racist tweets from the reporter

yikes

everyone was a shitty person at 16

• Options
    edited September 2019
    I've done it.

This, in fact, is exactly my current problem.

Same. :bro:

Ravenhpltc24 on
    (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »

i almost got one of these in reykjavik

there was a dude taking a picture of his girlfriend taking a picture of the big church on the hill

but i didn’t get my phone up in time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Oh, I see the reviews on my paper are in and it’s awaiting the assistant editor’s recommendation

*vomits*

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    It's really so dang hard to tweet without being racist

Scanning Coinage post history...

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    h5rnooznos4k.png

hrrrg

bvvvv

eeuuueuuugh

gruugh

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The trick is to not use twitter.

I like when people in-line good tweets in here but that’s all I need.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I am so glad the internet was trash when I was 16. Sure I wrote some shit on forums, but nobody cared and it was under a different name and most of those forums are gone. Stuff was too slow for video and hot takes were limited to when you were in front of a computer which was maybe an hour or two a day.

Imagine persistent social media from that era in your life jfc. There isn't enough nedroid poison dot gif in the universe.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    McDonald’s offering a Beyond Meat burger starting Monday in 21 locations in southern Ontario

Ladyroar is so excited to try a Big Mac with those patties

• Options
    Observation: When I talk to my coworkers, work goes away. But when I talk to my boss, more work appears.

Conclusion: I will no longer talk to my boss.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I am so glad the internet was trash when I was 16. Sure I wrote some shit on forums, but nobody cared and it was under a different name and most of those forums are gone. Stuff was too slow for video and hot takes were limited to when you were in front of a computer which was maybe an hour or two a day.

Imagine persistent social media from that era in your life jfc. There isn't enough nedroid poison dot gif in the universe.

I would be in a horrible position rn, as I grew up pretty... uh... let's just say on the wrong side of history, as it were.

• Options
    I want a sandwich for dinner so bad. There's this excellent place in town that makes the best subs. But I've been dieting so right this week. Fun fact: If you eat nothing but kale salads for every meal, your poop turns green.

(V) ( ;,,; ) (V)
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Honk wrote: »

Part of the reason I got on twitter was people kept inlining tweets where the content was multiple pictures and I couldn’t see the joke or the point the tweeter was trying to make without going on the site and reading the tweet there.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I will say this for my boss: he is great at creating work.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    credeiki wrote: »
    @credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

What if you did not grow up at a console and struggle a little bit with controllers instead of kbam?
    What if you are someone who has practiced a different game assiduously for 5 years and are still terrible at it???

(...I lost 3 games of LoL last night just as I’m trying so hard to push to plat and it’s making me so sad)

LoL is different because it's a team game. It's harder to improve, it's harder to be consistent because your performance depends on others, and it's easy to get rolled by circumstance (stacked enemy teams, one person drops or afks, etc), IMO

also you're obviously not "bad," just because you're not in platinum

I grew up using controllers, but I never used fight sticks and hated them. Then my buddy who was really into Street Fighter convinced me to make the switch to a stick, and I adapted to it over a few months before exceeding my previous ability with a controller. It's just about consistent practice rather than skills embedded from childhood, genuinely.

If you get in a lobby with someone better than you in a fighting game, and just play ten matches, you'll leave having noticeably improved. It's great.

I once played almost a hundred matches in a row with Bizazedo from SE++, just grinding mirror matches, and I think it was like 90 to 6 by the end. He just crushed me. But the next day I annihilated everyone I met in ranked and it was wonderful.

Gold is low elo—it’s def bad. And considering how much investment and effort and thought I put in, it’s just depressing sometimes. (...I will be happy if I cross that line into plat. I did before but only during the time in between ranked seasons when no one is tryharding, so it doesn’t count)

Yeah, the shorter matchups and more focused skill set seem great for building skill in a fighting game; I think that’s part of what makes it seem cool. But the real issue is that I would have to stop playing league and get good at this instead, and I don’t want to do that. (The secondary issue is the controller thing.)

Eep my meeting is in three minutes and I’m still in the metro station and not at the office!

https://www.esportstales.com/league-of-legends/rank-distribution-percentage-of-players-by-tier

according to this gold 1 is the top 22% of players

that's not bad!

@credeiki

It’s not good either :(

...want to play some Jhin/karma some time? I do best with aggressive/constant poke lanes—been having issues with Janna supports and with thresh/shen who are misjudging all ins.

Yesss what time are you home

Tbh probably best not today cause I have no brain and ahould only play normals but tomorrow I will be back by 7 or so if not earlier @Casual Eddy

Speaking of no brain, I lost my gym bag on the way to the office, andit had all of my climbing gear in it and that is expensive to replace and I liked my stuff and I wanted to eat the Ethiopian food in it too ;_;

But I did deliver a great meeting to our hostile client (while on the phone not looking at a slide deck) and she liked it and was really friendly (confusing; not sure what’s with the attitude shift)

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I've definitely said some things I regret/wouldn't say today on this forum. Mercifully I don't have twitter and I was never big on Facebook.

There are couple other forums where I was sometimes an asshole probably, but I don't think I said anything too terrible?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    When you burn right through the cursed 2pm hour without noticing >>>>

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Part of the reason I got on twitter was people kept inlining tweets where the content was multiple pictures and I couldn’t see the joke or the point the tweeter was trying to make without going on the site and reading the tweet there.

Tweet reposters are a dangerous gateway drug

• Options

that is exceedingly annoying.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Also, like, as a reporter how do you write stories where you dig up all the cancel stuff from people’s past and not clean up your own twitter????

Maybe there’s something I’m missing here as not a twitter person

• Options
    VishNub wrote: »

that is exceedingly annoying.

*posts instagram stories*

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    Also, like, as a reporter how do you write stories where you dig up all the cancel stuff from people’s past and not clean up your own twitter????

Is it even possible to clean twitter? Like, don't deleted tweets still exist somewhere, if the investigator is willing to look hard enough? Or is it just if the person was high profile enough that someone took a screenshot before it was deleted?

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Observation: When I talk to my coworkers, work goes away. But when I talk to my boss, more work appears.

This is actually a serious problem with one of the managers where I work

They were complaining that nobody tells them about problems until they're crises, but the reason for that is that it is impossible to talk to them without being delegated whatever task they were thinking about at the time, however unrelated

So people don't take problems to them, because they'll walk away from that conversation with two problems

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »

This is actually a serious problem with one of the managers where I work

They were complaining that nobody tells them about problems until they're crises, but the reason for that is that it is impossible to talk to them without being delegated whatever task they were thinking about at the time, however unrelated

So people don't take problems to them, because they'll walk away from that conversation with two problems

one wishes there was someone to manage this manager

sig.gif
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Ahah Tekashi 6ix9ine is rejecting witness protection

Bold move for a snitch

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Couscous wrote: »
    credeiki it's really not that hard to be decent at fighting games. The execution aspect is tough but it doesn't take years and years or anything. People who get into a local scene go from "how do I do a hadoken" to semifinal placements within a year sometimes.

They're not significantly more difficult than any other competitive real-time game.

What if you did not grow up at a console and struggle a little bit with controllers instead of kbam?
    What if you are someone who has practiced a different game assiduously for 5 years and are still terrible at it???

(...I lost 3 games of LoL last night just as I’m trying so hard to push to plat and it’s making me so sad)

LoL is different because it's a team game. It's harder to improve, it's harder to be consistent because your performance depends on others, and it's easy to get rolled by circumstance (stacked enemy teams, one person drops or afks, etc), IMO

also you're obviously not "bad," just because you're not in platinum

I grew up using controllers, but I never used fight sticks and hated them. Then my buddy who was really into Street Fighter convinced me to make the switch to a stick, and I adapted to it over a few months before exceeding my previous ability with a controller. It's just about consistent practice rather than skills embedded from childhood, genuinely.

If you get in a lobby with someone better than you in a fighting game, and just play ten matches, you'll leave having noticeably improved. It's great.

I once played almost a hundred matches in a row with Bizazedo from SE++, just grinding mirror matches, and I think it was like 90 to 6 by the end. He just crushed me. But the next day I annihilated everyone I met in ranked and it was wonderful.

Gold is low elo—it’s def bad. And considering how much investment and effort and thought I put in, it’s just depressing sometimes. (...I will be happy if I cross that line into plat. I did before but only during the time in between ranked seasons when no one is tryharding, so it doesn’t count)

Yeah, the shorter matchups and more focused skill set seem great for building skill in a fighting game; I think that’s part of what makes it seem cool. But the real issue is that I would have to stop playing league and get good at this instead, and I don’t want to do that. (The secondary issue is the controller thing.)

Eep my meeting is in three minutes and I’m still in the metro station and not at the office!

https://www.esportstales.com/league-of-legends/rank-distribution-percentage-of-players-by-tier

according to this gold 1 is the top 22% of players

that's not bad!

credeiki
    I wish there was a special league for players who are somehow worse than when they first started playing.
    if you were playing the game at release, isn't this iron league

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I got a leaky drip pan on my AC. Should I just stick a bucket in there? If the drain was flush with the bottom, this would be fine. Landlord keeps putting off fixing it.

• Options

Bold move for a snitch

Is this a real news story?

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

You can easily delete tweets and if you weren't famous before deleting them, most likely no copies will survive and there won't be much evidence they existed. Nobody would care to screenshot them. There will be a few stray replies from your friends that show the parent tweet as "this tweet is no longer available" but you're flagged in the reply. Same with retweets. That's it.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Just to be clear, the reporter did not try to dig up cancel stuff on King. He asked about the prior tweets in addition to several other things during an interview for a puff piece on King and king apologized publicly and deleted the tweets before the article was written. In all likelihood, the tweets would not have even been mentioned in the article if not for kings public apology. The article itself was fairly glowing about him.

I ate an engineer
  • Options

You can easily delete tweets and if you weren't famous before deleting them, most likely no copies will survive and there won't be much evidence they existed. Nobody would care to screenshot them. There will be a few stray replies from your friends that show the parent tweet as "this tweet is no longer available" but you're flagged in the reply. Same with retweets. That's it.

There's not like a internet archive or some shit stashing it somewhere?

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    anyway when I played league I never played ranked but I like to imagine I was literally the best at that game and continue to be

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I wrote things on this forum I wouldn't say on this forum.

Minutes ago.

• Options
    Basically there is zero reason a nobody who just got a journalism job couldn't go clean up their social media and get away with it.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    VishNub wrote: »

There's not like a internet archive or some shit stashing it somewhere?

Someone could be doing that but I'm not aware of any publicly searchable resource doing this for everyone on twitter. Only famous people are watched. It would be too hard.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Bold move for a snitch

Getting stabbed to death less painful than the tattoo removal

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    70704847_10221120675836367_2559793486144471040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQnCRK2WdKnDfwy5hLlFmtCKhorgMV3ytYWCWlgsHBJF1TrEQEsnd4j78ZquXr1YKIM&_nc_ht=scontent.fskg1-1.fna&oh=d542218f7da08c7655cce93355097c53&oe=5DFB15F5

This discussion has been closed.