As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh you were able to actually kill something? Nice. These 5* battles are insane. This dude uses ground, rock and dark and has a hit all so the AI drops like flies. Not to mention he attacks 3 times per turn.

Yeah, 5*s are hard to do with AI. Some are flat out impossible and others need you to be fairly leveled (I'm around 70 with most of my raid mons) and roll good AI, which can take 2-4 tries.

If you're strictly offline, that's basically dead in the water and sucks. But on the other side, 5*s are the only ones that are sometimes not trivial with 4 players and powergamers like my friends and I want 6*s that take real strategy to down because that'd be fun (ideally it'd be, like, an opt-in thing so it doesn't spawn for people who don't want to deal with it).

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i'm considering using my master ball on the next mirror armor corviknight raid i get into,
    because it's hard af to get into them and when i do grind for them i fail the catch.
    i've seen two of them so far, out of the six raids i managed to join. repeat ball does nothing!!
    is the gmax considered a different pokemon? that may account for it somewhat.

I don't think so. G-Max are just harder to catch. Especially if you joined through someone else's stamp

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Oh you were able to actually kill something? Nice. These 5* battles are insane. This dude uses ground, rock and dark and has a hit all so the AI drops like flies. Not to mention he attacks 3 times per turn.

Yeah, 5*s are hard to do with AI. Some are flat out impossible and others need you to be fairly leveled (I'm around 70 with most of my raid mons) and roll good AI, which can take 2-4 tries.

If you're strictly offline, that's basically dead in the water and sucks. But on the other side, 5*s are the only ones that are sometimes not trivial with 4 players and powergamers like my friends and I want 6*s that take real strategy to down because that'd be fun (ideally it'd be, like, an opt-in thing so it doesn't spawn for people who don't want to deal with it).

Yeah honestly it doesn't necessarily bother me that they are hard. That's fine. But fix your shitty online so that people can actually join my raids!

I'm actually powering through the story now so I can put it down. Maybe in the next few months they'll patch it up and make it better? I actually really enjoy everything about this game but the whole raid system just holds it back from being an amazing experience.

Fuck... Imagine if the Switch had an online ecosystem similar to its competitors?

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Can the trader not see my pokemon nicknames?

I tried to trade a seedot named GIVEMELOTAD but no one seemed to get it.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    i'm considering using my master ball on the next mirror armor corviknight raid i get into,
    because it's hard af to get into them and when i do grind for them i fail the catch.
    i've seen two of them so far, out of the six raids i managed to join. repeat ball does nothing!!

I don't think so. G-Max are just harder to catch. Especially if you joined through someone else's stamp

I haven't felt any difference in catching Gmax mons. But I just play at night and throw nothing but duskballs at them.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    Turambar wrote: »

I haven't felt any difference in catching Gmax mons. But I just play at night and throw nothing but duskballs at them.

It's mostly if you're not the host

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Can the trader not see my pokemon nicknames?

I tried to trade a seedot named GIVEMELOTAD but no one seemed to get it.

I can give you one for a seedot

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm ready for Galar Season 2.

Give me corporate sponsors. Give me merchandise deals. Give me television commercials and advertising. Give me Leon coming for me to reclaim his title of Champion. Give me new rivals. Give me sellout crowds against gym leaders.

Give me the Pokemon World Cup. Let me fight the top trainers from other regions!

The end of this video game is just the beginning. I want more. I need more!

• Options
    I got a JPN Impidimp from Surprise Trade. 4 perfect IVs.

Shiny breeding begins now.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

Solo 5* is totally doable with level 100 EV trained Legendary. You do occasionally get brought down by Wobbuffet / Solrock / Eevee AI squads that just don't contribute at all, though.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i've been able to get a couple solo 5*

but it almost always happens from overwhelming type advantage and the ai ability to resist damage plus using attack moves for shields.

• Options
    Would be nice if you could choose your AI partners or something. Or maybe even control them.

• Options
    their level also seems hella low. like they just get 1 shot by anything that's not resisted.

has their been any timeframe on a fix? I'll probably just hunt with friends until then because at least that kind of mostly works

• Options
    It depends a lot on the pokemon

I beat a 5* Noctowl with my lvl 60 Toxtricity solo without issue

But I joined a raid against Lawnmower Rotom yesterday, and even with 3 players we got wrecked

Was worried about it being grass so I went with a fire mon instead of ground

It then proceeded to set up electric terrain with its max attack and spam Discharge twice a round, paralyzing and damaging everyone

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Pikachu spawn rate: 5%

Eevee spawn rate: 1%

Pikachus seen: 29

Eevees seen: 0

Send help. I'm dying here.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I think both dynamaxed pokemon should get to go twice a turn. That the boss pokemon gets like three turns pisses me off.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AbbalahAbbalah Registered User regular

Eevee evolutions are a fixed overworld spawn at the Lake of Outrage, if that helps. You can catch one of those and then breed eevees for whatever else you need.

• Options

Go to link trade code 0327. I gotchu fam.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Lake outrage isn't an option because I am at route 4 for the first time right now. Just not planning on moving on until I have my eevee.

BUT! The power of complaining online worked and I got one to spawn! A female too which is what preferred.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Complaining is the secret. I had spent 50 encounters looking for a G-Darumaka. I complained to a friend over chat and then the literal next encounter was a Darumaka.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Holy crap the Finals are hype.
    Although I do feel bad about having Boltund in the lead on Nessa. She needs to be packing a water/ground type there so I can't just Thunder Fang through her whole team.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Help! I need to trade evolve this shiny Dusklops. Is anyone around?

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Help! I need to trade evolve this shiny Dusklops. Is anyone around?

Do you want to use it or do you want it for collection purposes? Eviolite Dusclops is better than Dusknoir for actual battle purposes, but shiny Dusknoir is pretty awesome looking.

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    You know, that's a good question. I'm still working through the single player, haven't really thought that far ahead.
    It does have the relaxed nature and could be competitive eventually I think.
    I was just in a rush to get it evolved cause it looks cool. Maybe I'll wait after all!

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    can you undo EVs in this game? i've casually used a bunch of mons that are reasonable to train up correctly like the gigantamax charizard

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    there's two trees that give EV-lowering berries:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TPejqxyKR8

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Yeah, various berries reduce individual stats.

If there’s a “reset all EVs” thing I don’t know it.

• Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with the newest member of the Lucascraft family:

Baby Impidimp
    ngovh4fjgx1v.jpg

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    impidimp, the ladies' pimp

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    impidimp, the ladies' pimp
    holy fuck, I've been casually making this joke to myself whenever impidimp came up, but I just looked up the original line
    Well, I'm Imp the Dimp, the ladies' pimp
    NoA fucking planned this

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Sooooooooo.... Flapple seems like it has a ton of weaknesses.

I want to use it on my team when I start a new game in Shield, cause it's just so dang cute. But... yeah.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I got my pitchfork and torch ready if Sonia isn't one of the main supporting cast member in the new anime season.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Today I learned... Outrage ends if you use it as a free switch in for a fairy type. They don"t even get confused. That's bullshit.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I got my pitchfork and torch ready if Sonia isn't one of the main supporting cast member in the new anime season.

I think the video game professors have always had a role in the anime.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I think the video game professors have always had a role in the anime.
    Heard this one might not be based in Galar tho.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Today I learned... Outrage ends if you use it as a free switch in for a fairy type. They don"t even get confused. That's bullshit.

also if it hits protect / baneful bunker / etc.

• Options
    I finally finished the game. Last fight was won by my 72 Charizard while everyone else was murdered. Holy shit.
    the fact that his Charizard had fire, dragon, air, and grass attacks was insane.

• Options
    I finally finished the game. Last fight was won by my 72 Charizard while everyone else was murdered. Holy shit.
    the fact that his Charizard had fire, dragon, air, and grass attacks was insane.
    I feel very certain in saying that they put that grass type on there specifically to neutralize anyone who started with Sobble.

Since Leon's partner pokemon was revealed in the opening cinematic of the game, they had to give him a secret weapon to balance him against everyone who just counter-picked the Champion.

• Options
    I feel very certain in saying that they put that grass type on there specifically to neutralize anyone who started with Sobble.

Since Leon's partner pokemon was revealed in the opening cinematic of the game, they had to give him a secret weapon to balance him against everyone who just counter-picked the Champion.
    I brought a water/rock type on purpose because I knew it was coming.

Ah well. My Weezer didn't stand a chance either.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular

Well:
    it worked on us othre starter takers too from what I have seen. It destroyed my dreadnaw heh.