As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Pokémon] Thread! Sword & Shield OUT NOW!!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Yea.. logging into a game on a specific date just to have a chance at finding a particular mon or having that particular scenario literally never come up naturally for the entire time one is playing the game aren't exactly "gameplay" elements that need preserving in anyway.

I caught my Drampa by looking up which dens it spawns in and spending a total of three wishing pieces rolling for it (two to realize I was at the wrong half of the paired nodes, then first try in the other node). Cheating the weather is for people who can't do research. :P

There's no way to get a Feebas/Milotic outside of the weather stuff that isn't pure misery. It can be fished at a maximum of 1% from one area in the game, or is in the rare version of raids at a whopping 2% chance of a 1* roll (Feebas) or a 2% chance in a 5* roll (Milotic). Hitting up Outrage or South Miloch during fog are the sane options.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Yea.. logging into a game on a specific date just to have a chance at finding a particular mon or having that particular scenario literally never come up naturally for the entire time one is playing the game aren't exactly "gameplay" elements that need preserving in anyway.

I caught my Drampa by looking up which dens it spawns in and spending a total of three wishing pieces rolling for it (two to realize I was at the wrong half of the paired nodes, then first try in the other node). Cheating the weather is for people who can't do research. :P

There's no way to get a Feebas/Milotic outside of the weather stuff that isn't pure misery. It can be fished at a maximum of 1% from one area in the game, or is in the rare version of raids at a whopping 2% chance of a 1* roll (Feebas) or a 2% chance in a 5* roll (Milotic). Hitting up Outrage or South Miloch during fog are the sane options.

Yeah NGL I got lucky and just stumbled across mine by accident. At least they have the decency to pop in the overworld when they show up.

• Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    where is this milotic? I'm assuming that I have to fish for it at the lake of outrage but… where?

EDIT: HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA nevermind. It's a big boi.

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

Of course there is. Just do it like I did and get a 4IV Japanese one on wonder trade :P

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I got lucky and got a surprise trade feebas and found milotic on the 2nd day of ditto hunting so I just don't have to deal with that unless iever want to worry about breeding

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Shiny 5IV HA eevee wooo

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I'd love to keep posting updates about any useful weather at the Wild Area for people who won't mess with the dates.

Regarding the harder to find version exclusives (Stonjourner, Mawile, Turtonator) + feebas... I got one of each from fellow PA'rs (the pa chat on Steam is a great place to hang out, chat and trade pokeymans), and soon after I found them in the wild. Was pretty damn lucky.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    There’s a PA chat on Steam? I went to the discord and we didn’t have a pokemon channel.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    There’s a PA chat on Steam? I went to the discord and we didn’t have a pokemon channel.

I have fixed this! There's now a pokemon chat in the PA forums discord along with a voice channel if anyone needs that.

• Options
    OldSundownOldSundown Registered User regular
    Man, this HA hunting is some nonsense. Could someone please hook me up with a HA Corviknight/Rookidee?

Switch Friend Code: SW 4430 4850 6236
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    OldSundown wrote: »
    Man, this HA hunting is some nonsense. Could someone please hook me up with a HA Corviknight/Rookidee?

I can breed you one in a couple of hours or so

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm 2 mons short of a full dex, sableeye and slurpuff.

If anyone has those I'd super appreciate the help. I can breed an exclusive sword or rare spawn or ya know anything else in the dex real quick if you need it. Otherwise I have a few 5 IV options- mimikyu, dreepy, cottonee, shellos

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I have a Slupuff for touch trade

hmu in link code 0327

My ign is Thera

akjak on
  • Options
    Touch means trading back right?

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Yes. Link code active

akjak on
  • Options
    Yay for dex entries!

• Options
    Yay thanks! (I figured there was a good chance you'd need the counterpart)

399/400

• Options
    I have a bunch of sableyes, can give you one, don't need anything in return

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I have a bunch of sableyes, can give you one, don't need anything in return

Oh awesome. I can get on now if you're around. I'll use 1856 as a code.

Yay thanks so much dex complete!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Yay thanks! (I figured there was a good chance you'd need the counterpart)

399/400

I did indeed. I think I need about 50 more entries, but many of them are evos for ‘mons I have. Need to get on those so I know where I’m really at.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    everytime i see an evolution that is something like "max friendship + evolve at night" i think...how did someone figure that out? or the "hold game upside down"...i mean that has to be leaked right?

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    everytime i see an evolution that is something like "max friendship + evolve at night" i think...how did someone figure that out? or the "hold game upside down"...i mean that has to be leaked right?

friendship at night is something that will at least happen eventually naturally and then people can notice a pattern/strike out things via trial and error

shit like yamask tho, that had to be datamined or some shit

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Eh, I just caught a Galar Runegeris from a raid battle.

Anyway, time to take this Corsola for a spin in the battle tower. Let see if she's as tanky as advertised.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    My friend sent my a runerigeris they caught in a raid or else id still be sitting here complaining about what I had to do to evolve it.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

friendship at night is something that will at least happen eventually naturally and then people can notice a pattern/strike out things via trial and error

shit like yamask tho, that had to be datamined or some shit

Or back when there were official strategy guides published someone got the guide and put that info online somewhere.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited December 2019

I like Inkay's evolution, because that mon has always been in 3D. When you encounter it in battle, it flips itself over as part of its animation and is "the revolving pokémon" in the Dex. Also if you ever encounter a Malamar it looks like an upside-down Inkay. The clues are there. Also I can totally see a couple friends/siblings hanging out and trading while relaxing on the couch or whatever and one of them isn't sitting normally...

Galarian Yamask? Is utter nonsense. I've yet to encounter any in-game hints about that. It's definitely something that could happen naturally, but the set of specific circumstances are so obscure that coming to the correct conclusion by trial and error would take weeks.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I wonder what it was like for kids playing the original Pokémon games before anyone knew anything. It’s like whoa my caterpillar turned into a cocoon when it reached level 7! And then someone happens to trade their Haunter to their friend and it spontaneously evolves. I know trade evolutions were hinted at in-game but nothing is ever explicit.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Hint phone lines, sharing information and just plain old trying everything. I was 21 or so when the first one came out but having been a kid playing early ultimas and King’s quests or space quests you got used to trying everything.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    The switch pokemon games having no in-game delete option is a strange design choice

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    What do you mean no in game delete?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Alright, there is no more satisfying way to win an online battle than to have your opponent's dynamaxed mon hit your cramorant with a max move, endure it, and then slap the dynamax in the face with a fish for the win.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    What do you mean no in game delete?

I mean having to go into the switch data storage instead of you know the game itself having a delete save option or putting a code at the start screen like on the 3ds games

• Options
    I've been hatching impidimps for 3 hours and the only adamant one has been the like 1 in 20 eggs with frisk instead of prankster but impidimp is single gender so when I switched to that + everstone I started hatching only frisk's so now I'm back to just hatching with good IV mons and ugh this is so long

I hate this

• Options
    I've been hatching impidimps for 3 hours and the only adamant one has been the like 1 in 20 eggs with frisk instead of prankster but impidimp is single gender so when I switched to that + everstone I started hatching only frisk's so now I'm back to just hatching with good IV mons and ugh this is so long

I hate this

Isn't that what mints are for?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Sure but they're kinda pricey and I've only been doing a little bit of battle tower so far and until BP stops being a limited resource I want to reserve those for fixing up a shiny or raid mon

• Options
    Does anyone here have a GMax Lapras, Appletun, Gengar, or Pikachu? I have a few spare GMax pokes I can offer (Flapple, Coalossal, Sandaconda). Don't really know what a fair trade for the GMax Pikachu is though.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i have pikachu and sandaconda, damn i want the others.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Does anyone here have a GMax Lapras, Appletun, Gengar, or Pikachu? I have a few spare GMax pokes I can offer (Flapple, Coalossal, Sandaconda). Don't really know what a fair trade for the GMax Pikachu is though.

I think I'm more or less done with the game and can't imagine any special events drawing me back. I could probably offload my GMax collection and random German GMax pikachu to people rather than letting them rot or wonder trading them as is my usual modus operandi.

Still have found memories of wonder trading away a yveltal and getting a bidoof back. As god intended.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

I think I'm more or less done with the game and can't imagine any special events drawing me back. I could probably offload my GMax collection and random German GMax pikachu to people rather than letting them rot or wonder trading them as is my usual modus operandi.

Still have found memories of wonder trading away a yveltal and getting a bidoof back. As god intended.

I can't trade right now, but in a little while I'd love to take any of those four off your hands. I promise to pay it forward with my duplicate GMaxes.

• Options

I can't trade right now, but in a little while I'd love to take any of those four off your hands. I promise to pay it forward with my duplicate GMaxes.

I need to actually put the game back in the Switch, which I ain't doin' tonight since I'm warm and tucked in. I'll pencil it in for tomorrow evening at whenever and actually see what I have tomorrow morning. I forget what exactly, but I know I don't have a GMax Apple. I THINK I've got the lapras and gengar, but could be mistaken.

ztrEPtD.gif