As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[YouTube] Thread in the PA Test Kitchen

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ neolibatkes

I doubt SNL ever tops this sketch

incredible

How do I post the Renegade Cut video harder? I've tried putting bold tags around it but it does nothing.

I just scroll past renegade cut videos as I saw one I don't feel it's not for me but just it's not something I would watch

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    begging people to watch the video you posted isn't the least weird thing I've seen on here

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The best snl sketch is that time they had sir Patrick Stewart running an erotic bakery.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm all for trashing SNL, since they, you know, deserve it, a lot of the time, but I'm assuming that you didn't watch the clip before you hammered on the "watch the renegade cut video I posted!" button, because it's a) not really in line with the type of SNL political humor everyone rightly criticizes (like the other two political sketches they did last night, which were dire), and b) mostly notable for a timing fuckup that causes Aidy Bryant to break spectacularly

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    I'm all for trashing SNL, since they, you know, deserve it, a lot of the time, but I'm assuming that you didn't watch the clip before you hammered on the "watch the renegade cut video I posted!" button, because it's a) not really in line with the type of SNL political humor everyone rightly criticizes (like the other two political sketches they did last night, which were dire), and b) mostly notable for a timing fuckup that causes Aidy Bryant to break spectacularly

I watched the entire thing. It ticks nearly every box laid out by the Renegade Cut video aside from bashing anybody to the left of Biden. No such character was in the sketch. About half of the video is just verbatim clips of Trump being a monster followed by the sketch shrugging and going "oh well, guess that's the new normal now." There is some minor element of darker pointed humor but it's about as shallow as a kiddie pool and doesn't address the actual reasons as to why Trump is still in office. I don't even blame the writers because the sketch has to pass through a series creator and producer with a political agenda of "give up on trying to impeach Trump. He's good for my ratings and my tax bracket."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Matt Foley was the best snl character actually now that I think of it.

Uriel wrote: »
    Matt Foley was the best snl character actually now that I think of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOjIDQ95pp4

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

god damn it

BahamutZERO.gif
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Social media platforms.

You either die like vine, or become successful enough to be really shitty.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Does this mean I don't have to learn what tiktok is

• Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular

incredible

How do I post the Renegade Cut video harder? I've tried putting bold tags around it but it does nothing.

Oh, you saw his most recent video too?

Made me take a more critical view of SNL and oof, oof, I do not like what I see.

Even this sketch is tellin', they said there's transcripts (not a memorandum), and outright says nothing will happen (even though impeachment proceedings are going forward). You can see how this sketch appeals to both the right and center-left.

Got any channels you'd suggest to someone who enjoys Renegade Cut?

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    And that on top of their Nazi problem.
    https://www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/yw74gy/tiktok-neo-nazis-white-supremacy

Tik Tok is a haven for white supremicists that have been banned from twitter or youtube.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    It’s a bit of a misleading headline cause it’s not a worldwide service ban, just a ban in some countries

However, it does ban it in places where homosexuality isn’t illegal so...

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Does this mean I don't have to learn what tiktok is

Not only that but if anyone tries to explain tiktok in your presence you are legally empowered to spit on their eyeball

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »

incredible

Made me take a more critical view of SNL and oof, oof, I do not like what I see.

Even this sketch is tellin', they said there's transcripts (not a memorandum), and outright says nothing will happen (even though impeachment proceedings are going forward). You can see how this sketch appeals to both the right and center-left.

Well to me Renegade Cut has almost always been about very dry film analysis. Leon Thomas had a bit of a reputation for being almost humorless. Then recently something changed and his videos became more on their face political and he actually admitted to enjoying things like humor and videogames and pro wrestling and things that aren't Ingmar Bergman films. I think this is in part due to the rise of Breadtube, a term used to describe leftist culture critics. Contrapoints and H Bomberguy are big ones around here. Philosophy Tube and Thought Slime are also pretty good.

For film analysis I've been enjoying Lessons from the Screenplay, Movies with Mikey and Lindsay Ellis as of late.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It’s a bit of a misleading headline cause it’s not a worldwide service ban, just a ban in some countries

However, it does ban it in places where homosexuality isn’t illegal so...
    Yeah the headline isn't 100% accurate but I feel the "hey don't use TikTok" message is warranted given that they are doing it even where it isn't the law

CYpGAPn.png
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    Dee Kae wrote: »

incredible

Well to me Renegade Cut has almost always been about very dry film analysis. Leon Thomas had a bit of a reputation for being almost humorless. Then recently something changed and his videos became more on their face political and he actually admitted to enjoying things like humor and videogames and pro wrestling and things that aren't Ingmar Bergman films. I think this is in part due to the rise of Breadtube, a term used to describe leftist culture critics. Contrapoints and H Bomberguy are big ones around here. Philosophy Tube and Thought Slime are also pretty good.

For film analysis I've been enjoying Lessons from the Screenplay, Movies with Mikey and Lindsay Ellis as of late.

Hah, I'm already subscribed to all of those except Lessons from the Screenplay! ;3

Good to have another! I like film analysis and totally enjoy this breadtube stuff! Thanks.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Renegade Cut is my favourite of the eassayists I enjoy on the youtube because they prioritise being really fucking irritating to the least degree, Lindsay Ellis isnt terrible on that front but will still occasionally attack me with airhorns, Jack Saint and hbomberguy are occasionally straight up glowing with supercharged irritance energy

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    tiktok is chinese vine

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    https://youtu.be/cqECNYmM23A
    The war of ants
    Billions of deaths
    Ichor for the queeeeen
    Fighting till the last breath
    Ant War!
    (Ant War!)

Coinage on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Someone should really make a new Sim-Ant.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    -SPI- wrote: »

There's a very close to Simant coming

https://youtu.be/HoRqZa7BH9Q

edit: oh snap it's out now? I hadn't checked in a while apparently!

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    does youtube still demonitize and hide lgbtq content from minors under the guise of it being about Adult Sex

liEt3nH.png
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »

There's a very close to Simant coming

https://youtu.be/HoRqZa7BH9Q

edit: oh snap it's out now? I hadn't checked in a while apparently!

It's still in Early Access on Steam and the comments in reviews make it sound like it's still not quite finished. I think I've had it wishlisted for almost 2 years now.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    DHS wrote: »

I'm at my fucking limit with humanity

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man, besides the good journalism work and everything in that Nerd City video, the production values are absolutely top of the line

the Money for Nothing parody is kind of amazing

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    man, besides the good journalism work and everything in that Nerd City video, the production values are absolutely top of the line

the Money for Nothing parody is kind of amazing

I've let it run in the background and got through 2 Jake Paul videos (ugh) and am now on a child abuse website video (showing why it is so bad, mind you).

I'm not sure if this is what I want to watch before bed, but I'm glad someone is calling out people like this.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Neon Genesis Evangelion - Hope & Despair
    https://youtu.be/SXoofxk_1ew
    22:06
    In 1995, director Hideaki Anno unleashed a show that would subvert expectations, enamour a nation and forever change the industry it was a part of. Twenty five years later, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still one of the most vital and - more importantly - most exciting shows around. In this video I explore its many iterations, examine their impacts on a fandom and take a closer look at the deeply embedded themes of hope and despair at the heart of it all.
    00:15 - PART 1: The First Impact
    04:27 - PART 2: You are (not) okay.
    09:42 - PART 3: Ending Evangelion
    15:43 - PART 4: One More Time, With Feeling
    19:09 - Conclusion & Credits

• ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.