As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help with router issue

Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
I don't really know how to look this up on Google or anything, so I thought I'd ask the G&T community.

I have a wireless DSL modem/router that I got from Verizon a while back. Well, now I have Comcast and I was wondering if there was a way to connect the cable modem to my router. The only "uplink" port on the router is for a regular DSL phone line. Is there a way to connect my cable modem to the router via ethernet, then have the router look at one of the LAN ports for internet instead of the uplink port?

banner.gif
Shooter Mcgavin on

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    You might be able to use it as a hub if you disable DHCP serving and then just use the LAN ports. Maybe. But I doubt you'll be able to use it as a router alone - since it has an integrated DSL modem...

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TajiTaji Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I tried to do this awhile back when I switched to Suddenlink...I got zero help from them because I didn't buy it from them...I eventually broke down and bought a modem from them and a linksys wireless router. :(

Taji on