As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Wonderlands! I Pull Out My Robe and Wizard Gat.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna have to respec my Fl4k build. I'm using the green tree stealth action skill, but I want a buff Mr Chew, so I've spent all my points on blue tree.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    That screams hollywood accounting to specifically fuck over the employees.

Game development needs a massive strike across the whole industry

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Cross-postin'!
    Brolo wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/L_mH6Ak_Ny0
    Next time you're aboard Sanctuary III in Borderlands 3, keep an eye out for the newly installed Borderlands Science arcade game in the corner of Doctor Tannis' infirmary. Developed in conjunction with McGill University, Massively Multiplayer Online Science, and The Microsetta Initiative, Borderlands Science is a puzzle game that benefits the real-world scientific community as you play.

Borderlands Science presents you with simple block puzzles based on strands of DNA, and by solving them you're helping to map and compare the microbes contained therein. Completing these puzzles also earns you in-game currency, which can be redeemed for unique Vault Hunter Heads and Skins as well as timed boosters that buff your stats, loot quality, and even experience gains when you jump back into the mayhem of Borderlands 3 proper.

Borderlands Science exists in part because computers aren't perfect at organizing this data and make lots of small mistakes that can corrupt subsequent analysis, but the game you play to solve this complex task is easy to understand and play. Colored tiles representing different nucleotides appear on a grid; by nudging them up within their columns, you attempt to organize them into the correct rows. It's not always possible to line up all of the tiles correctly, but attempting these puzzles is still helpful as you're identifying errors in real-world computer analyses.

https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-04-07-borderlands-science/

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Blossom wants me to play Candy Crush in Borderlands to learn more about poop?

Yep that fits with 2020

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I met Wainwright and immediately after his cutscene intro a giant T-Rex Indo Tyrant 4 levels above me clipped through the wall of Wainwright's house and I'm in a crazy fight.
    ?.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Well what ever event they got going is probably gonna ruin the rest of the game for me.
    ?.jpg

?.jpg

I think I ran in to 4 Loot Tinks. Like 90% of every thing I have is Legendary.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I think I'm gonna have to respec my Fl4k build. I'm using the green tree stealth action skill, but I want a buff Mr Chew, so I've spent all my points on blue tree.

Blue tree is garbage imo your pet is a free revive and sometimes draws aggro it doesn't need buffs edit- from the tree

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Blue tree is garbage imo your pet is a free revive and sometimes draws aggro it doesn't need buffs edit- from the tree

Yeah, only reason I went blue was to upgrade Mr Chew. Jabber with a gun is fine, but I prefer Epic Scag.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    I use the ant. FL4K has very little health recovery. So its regen is nice to have

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Seems like the rare spawn achievement is both the last one I’m missing and buggy as fuck and doesnt work, great.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Seems like the rare spawn achievement is both the last one I’m missing and buggy as fuck and doesnt work, great.

In the Hammerlock DLC?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    The last boss of the 2nd DLC was so easy I kept expecting a real one to show up after...

• Options
    Iolo wrote: »

In the Hammerlock DLC?

Yeah, I have killed all the specific rare spawns and the achievement is still 0/4, all the other tracked incremental progress, this one is just busted.

You can force it by killing the rare spawns in a friends game for some reason but my buddies kind of dropped the game before DLC.

• Options

In the Hammerlock DLC?

Yeah, I have killed all the specific rare spawns and the achievement is still 0/4, all the other tracked incremental progress, this one is just busted.

You can force it by killing the rare spawns in a friends game for some reason but my buddies kind of dropped the game before DLC.

That's frustrating. Do the missions/bounties for them appear for you on the second floor of the Lodge, behind the DJ? Apparently those will appear when friends kill the spawns in their games.

I had 3/4 killed organically just from playing through the DLC. I was missing one. I never saw any of the bounties upstairs in my original playthrough. When I went back to look there were two (Shiverous and Amach). I rekilled those, and was still 3/4. I rekilled Voltborn. So it was down to Fungal Gorger. It took maybe 7-8 times to get it to spawn (not to hard after the first time as you are pretty close to a spawn point - just have to run across a bandit lumber yardy area). When I killed it, the achievement triggered.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    So that loot quality boost is fucking crazy. I must have gotten something like 30 legendary drops just running through the Anvil on Eden. I'm at the point where I ignore anything that isn't anointed and sell the rest. My Zane has so much money he could probably just buy Maliwan and tell everyone to fuck off.

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    edited April 2020

In the Hammerlock DLC?

That's frustrating. Do the missions/bounties for them appear for you on the second floor of the Lodge, behind the DJ? Apparently those will appear when friends kill the spawns in their games.

I had 3/4 killed organically just from playing through the DLC. I was missing one. I never saw any of the bounties upstairs in my original playthrough. When I went back to look there were two (Shiverous and Amach). I rekilled those, and was still 3/4. I rekilled Voltborn. So it was down to Fungal Gorger. It took maybe 7-8 times to get it to spawn (not to hard after the first time as you are pretty close to a spawn point - just have to run across a bandit lumber yardy area). When I killed it, the achievement triggered.

No, I havent seen actual kill quests for the rare spawns just found all the spawns anyway, I’ve heard about kill quests supposedly being in the Lodge but thought people meant the heads of the Yeti etc. hanging on the wall near the DJ.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Actual kill-the-monster missions, the glowy yellow guys with the exclamation marks, can show up on the L shaped wall behind the DJ at the top of the stairs on the second story of the Lodge.

I don't know if it will help, but (assuming you are playing on PC?), you are welcome to shoot me a friend request in hopes that the bounties will show up for you retroactively?

Longshot, but it might work. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    I hope they give us a way to get another Wedding Invitation (and other event weapons) sooner rather than later.

• Options
    So did the legendaries everywhere event end? I killed a loot tink and only got purples. :(

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    So did the legendaries everywhere event end? I killed a loot tink and only got purples. :(

Hotfix as of 9am PDT this morning. They started up 2 new events, though!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

Hotfix as of 9am PDT this morning. They started up 2 new events, though!

Yep: https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2020-03-27-co-op-loot-drop/

Looks like increased loot drops from Mr. Torgue's Circle of Slaughter bosses, and increase cash drops across the board (to prepare for "fighting the Cartels" in a future patch.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    It says they'll be giving out level 57 version of event items. I hope that includes the Wedding Invitation if you had a lower one already.

• Options
    Man whats with them and the Juliets Dazzle?

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Also, has anyone picked up the Anarchy from DLC2? It is by far the most insane weapon in the game right now. It works just like Gaige's Anarchy skill with stacking damage bonuses from kills or auto-reloads. It stacks weird though so that instead of 300% damage at 10 stacks, it's closer to 3,000%. On the downside though, it's a Tediore and the reload "grenade" will just as often down you as it will an enemy. But, pair a Shock Anarchy with the Transformer and you become essentially invincible. I managed to solo the True Takedown on M4 with that combo.

The other weapon I've been looking high and low for is a Boom Sickle with a Cryo SNTL annointment. I have one with a different annointment and it is sooo good, and since it's an AR is probably the most ammo-efficient gun in the game, damage-wise.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Is the Anarchy a gold weapon? I thought I'd picked up at least one of each of the gold weapons on offer in the Hammerlock DLC, but I don't think I got one of those...

EDIT: Oh, it's a shotgun? Maybe I banked one (or sold it?) since it wasn't elemental. Will have to go look!)

EDIT: Yep, plonked one into storage without knowing what I had!

wONWPIA.png

Time to take it for a spin!

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Anarchy is very underwhelming if you just try it for a bit, it turns to an absolute monster at max stacks though. Keep in mind that the stacks drop to zero if you get downed, if you switch weapons, move to a new zone or do a manual reload.

• Options
    Not manually reloading is a killer. I remember how hard it was to train myself out of doing it reflexively when playing stacks Gaige.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Guessing it's Gaige's shotgun.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    Not manually reloading is a killer. I remember how hard it was to train myself out of doing it reflexively when playing stacks Gaige.

Single fire shotguns FTW.

Actually I think my gauge Gaige build ended up having a magazine size reduction, so if I had a single round magazine shotgun it was reduced to zero and unusable.

Two round shotgun with magazine reduction down to single fire shotgun FTW.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular

If you need to reload, fire at the sky and toss the gun into a chasm. Skyanarchy!!!!1

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    True Gaige players rebind the reload key!

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    True Gaige players rebind the reload key!

Training wheels

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Feels so good to finally play this properly and I've been waiting for a long time.

Never got very far on the PS4 version or on my old PC becuase it never looked or ran right for me.

Have Gearbox said how long they'll keep supporting BL3? Still got a lot to catch up on already.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Feels so good to finally play this properly and I've been waiting for a long time.

Never got very far on the PS4 version or on my old PC becuase it never looked or ran right for me.

Have Gearbox said how long they'll keep supporting BL3? Still got a lot to catch up on already.

I just got the game myself, and it looks like they already have support planned for a while yet.
    DLC 2 came out last month, and it looks like DLC 3 is planned for summer release and DLC 4 is planned but not dated yet.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I just got the game myself, and it looks like they already have support planned for a while yet.
    DLC 2 came out last month, and it looks like DLC 3 is planned for summer release and DLC 4 is planned but not dated yet.
    Nice.

Big fan of them doing the "support it forever and then support it again when you least expect it" route they went with BL2.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    I feel like there should be a Discord shield to pair with the gun that gives that functionality on a reload.

Shotgun is a good choice for a Anarchy gun, though. Don’t need to aim.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    You really dont the ricochets almost home in even at max stacks

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Just in case anyone wants a shitload of random legendaries, the Cartel enemies spawn inside/during the Circles of Slaughter.

Good god the orange lights.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    The Cartel Spawning alarm is the exact same sound my 30 year old alarm clock uses. So every time they pop in I get a panic attack that I'm about to be late for work.

• Options
    Apparently I hadnt noticed how over leveled I'd gotten running and doing bounty board kill missions. I'm now 36 on the final mission which is level 32. All these cool legendaries are dropping 4 levels below. :( But at least they make quick work of COV 4 levels below me.

Zdy0pmg.jpg