[FFBE] FFXIII Raid and banner, the story continues, and DV#2.

19192939597

Posts

  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yeah, Alexander is giving me problems. I can't OTKO because I need to bring the free Charlotte, so no friend unit to chain with, I have to use two Esthers. And then he puts up huge damage reduction and spams a ton of physical and magical AoEs.
    Do you have Dr. Aiden? He should be pretty good for the fight. Spend a couple of turns prepping and then hit Alexander with Dr. Aiden's imperil and imbue your Esthers with dark. Their chained LB should be enough to kill him. I'm not sure if the mitigations can be dispelled. Also, I think you can use Nethecite to prevent the dispel.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Are you guys talking about the bonus stages?

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    The one-off fights vs each Esper in the Vortex that give the + recipe and material to enhance all of last week's new weapons.

    steam_sig.png
    Tipharesmaraji
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Yeah, Alexander is giving me problems. I can't OTKO because I need to bring the free Charlotte, so no friend unit to chain with, I have to use two Esthers. And then he puts up huge damage reduction and spams a ton of physical and magical AoEs.
    Do you have Dr. Aiden? He should be pretty good for the fight. Spend a couple of turns prepping and then hit Alexander with Dr. Aiden's imperil and imbue your Esthers with dark. Their chained LB should be enough to kill him. I'm not sure if the mitigations can be dispelled. Also, I think you can use Nethecite to prevent the dispel.

    I don't have the Nethicite, that's a limited thing from before I started the game. But anyway I just shrugged and waited it out (though on his third dispel he decided to follow it with thee big area attacks and honestly I wasn't sure everyone was going to make it out of that one), then when the mitigation came down I hit the limit break button and disintegrated him.

    Steam ID: Right here.
    TipharesCruor
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I finally got the rare ability on Inferno Sabre. It actually showed up on the 4th floor. I needed to get the unique to show up to make it a good run. I finally got the unique on the 9th floor. It was looking pretty bad for a bit there. I've been pretty lucky and always get the unique on the esper weapon runs - sometimes twice on an early round. Anyway, I guess I should run the new gun through next.

    I'm not sure what to go for next to get the rare. The DV weapons would make the most sense since they can be upgraded to pretty high levels over the next couple of months.

    CruorTrajan45
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I got the rare/unique on Ice Demon Katana, Inferno Sabre, and Wind Sprite Spear. I have a ton of guns already so no real need to run that, same with swords. I did grab Dark Ragnarok and the the rare on that, and already had the rare on the DV Rod. Also got the rare on Ultima Weapon (FFVII) and Death Penalty (eRegina says thanks).

    Running out of good stuff to run. Pretty glad Gumi did the right thing and quadrupled the rare rate and dumped a bunch of orbs on us.

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I've been trying to get rare + unique on the Odin sword, just as an option for Reagan. And I need to take this guy out for a spin, see how he works.

    I do also want to try out UW Edel, at least for some older trials. I like her simple kit, just use her CD on turn 1 and just T-cast for the rest of the fight. No complex rotations and no build up. I like simplicity. Sinzar did do a recent clear video of UW Edel against the chocobo trial on JP, and her AoE chaining worked well there.

  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 22
    I took the plunge and WH Raegan is in event 1. Cost 25k lapis and 8 UoC tickets. Only rainbow on the way was Vivi #1 on step 3.

    Yet to see a rare in new improved item world, but that’s to be expected.

    Edit: forgot

    I did spend ~40 tickets looking for him yesterday and got one rainbow - MM Xon #2

    Of course, I got MM Xon #1 just after the last DV closed a couple weeks ago and immediately UoC’d his prism then. That’s a nice STMR, but I already used STMR moogles on Sea Dragon and Locke’s dagger, so I don’t think I’ll use another 8 UoC on it.

    maraji on
    Trajan45Tiphares
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm surprised folks are getting so many rare's. I've gotten 1 since they updated the rates and it came with terrible other stats.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    maraji
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I blew through almost all of the compensation orbs (the refunded ones and the 150 extra) to get the rares. I actually got the insane roll I got on the Fusion Sword before the rates were raised, which makes it even more insane that I got it to be max ATK.

  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Ok, so I took a stab at the newest Chamber of the Vengeful.

    Screw this. These fights are some of the worst content in the game. They're designed to be as tedious as possible, it seems.

  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I've used about 30 IW orbs from the compensation so far and seen 2 rares. I'm hoping to get a couple more rares before those run out, but RNG gonna be RNG. Supposedly, it's a 9% chance to get the rare enhancement on the 10th round and there are 3 rolls there.

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    Ok, so I took a stab at the newest Chamber of the Vengeful.

    Screw this. These fights are some of the worst content in the game. They're designed to be as tedious as possible, it seems.

    I haven't gone back and tried it the "normal" way since I was able to pull off the OTKO.

    I feel like the first two CoV were good - nice challenges that weren't too convoluted, although Morgana does have a lot of shit going on if you don't stick to just Light damage. Demon Matsuri is fine, you can power through the boss without having to engage with the mEcHaNiCs if you have decent AoE damage. Bogeyman is just...why does he have such high mitigations? Why is there no counterplay to said mitigations beyond triggering all of his elemental counters?

  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    I had fun dusting Esther off to clown on this weeks red star quartz stuff. I miss her.

  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    The X Defense challenges are funny when I use Karten. The low difficulties still get OTKO'd by his burst and then higher ones get killed by counter attacks when the boss' DR drops off.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    DV coin 5* got me Karlette #4.

    If anyone needs to blow throw the missions, the 1 NRG Lasswell stage pre-fills LB’s. Lotti’s LB hits every element.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Cruor
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I went back and did the Bogeyman in CoV "the right way." It's not so bad once you figure out what's going on. Big points:

    - You want to dispel and rebreak/imperil every round. His mitigation is essentially always up and if he's not broken/imperil'd you will do minimal damage

    - Passive provoke on a high SPR unit. Using a provoke skill won't work well since he will dispel your provoker most rounds (and then Imperil paralyze resistance and paralyze them). This unit doesn't need super high DEF as Bogeyman's autoattacks do minimal damage.

    - Dark weapon/innately dark attacks. The gravity attack he uses also dispels your team, messing with imbues and potentially messing up your damage dealer's whole rotation.

    The team I used:

    - Lucas. Had Moogle charm and basically just stood there taking hits. Could be replaced with any high SPR passive provoker.

    - Doc Aiden. T-cast Dispel/Esunaga/Curaja all fight. Could easily drop Esunaga since the only paralyze happens to the passive provoker and removing it isn't really needed. Can be replaced with any healer who can W- or T-cast a dispel/heal.

    - Ignis. Mitigations/MP battery. Can easily be replaced with any unit with either of those features.

    - Qin. Breaks/imperils/elemental resists. Can be replaced by any breaker if you have other sources of Light resist.

    - SD Akstarx2. Really any decent damage dealer than can do dark damage/equip a dark weapon fits in here.

    Really not a terribly hard or even annoying fight now that it's fixed and I know what the mechanics are.

    maraji
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    How much bonus are folks running in IW? I have 500% and the unique shows up every time (usually round 3), but have yet to see a rare. Of course I have only had two rares in the past 3 IW so...

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    How much bonus are folks running in IW? I have 500% and the unique shows up every time (usually round 3), but have yet to see a rare. Of course I have only had two rares in the past 3 IW so...

    I'm running 500%, and yeah, that makes the unique mods pretty much guaranteed. The bonus has no bearing on the Rare mods.

  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    Cruor wrote: »
    maraji wrote: »
    How much bonus are folks running in IW? I have 500% and the unique shows up every time (usually round 3), but have yet to see a rare. Of course I have only had two rares in the past 3 IW so...

    I'm running 500%, and yeah, that makes the unique mods pretty much guaranteed. The bonus has no bearing on the Rare mods.

    I was actually wondering if it might negatively affect the rare. Depending on how they exclude already obtained bonuses I can think of a few dumb mistakes to make when the specials get rolled again in later stages. No evidence, of course, just wondering about the reported effect of the rate quadruple vs my experience

    Just for fun I didn’t take the unique when offered on my last run of the ice katana
    Stage 1: 0 unique / 0 rare
    Stage 2: 0/0
    Stage 3: 1/0
    Stage 4: 1/0
    Stage 5: 2/0
    Stage 6: 2/0
    Stage 7: 2/0
    Stage 8: 1/0
    Stage 9: 3/0
    Stage 10: 2/0

    500% bonus with bonus friend unit on all stages. Doesn’t mean much, except that if the unique pops with something else good in an early stage, go ahead and take the something else if you have high bonus.

    maraji on
    Cruor
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I run 300%. Xuan for the killing and Xon for stealing gil.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    Is it worth enhancing Akstar or Zeno to use as a chaining parter for WH Raegan? Should I wait for the rainbow summon as I have 1 Physalis and 1 Lilisette?

    Oh! I forgot I had Chocobo Fina and Kimono Ayaka in the AMoE family too!

    Oh wait Kadaj is right there. For some reason I thought he was SR

    maraji on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    A thing I will say against Ed is that the SR family feels a lot more inconsistent to chain than BS or AMoE. I keep losing chains mid-go. It's not CWA, but it's kind of unreliable and often gets me killed.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I run 300%. Xuan for the killing and Xon for stealing gil.

    If you gear the CG Ysholta for dragon killer and LB damage, she can clear everything even at level 101 with level 1 LB. Get a little more bonus.

    steam_sig.png
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    I'm currently plinking away at this damn Creepy Bogeyman, using Rainbow Whip to lock him into uselessly attacking my element immune team with his dumb spells over and over. Is it tedious? Oh god yes. Are my White Lily Fina and Draconian Princess Fina equipped with enough damage to efficiently kill him? God no. The difference is, this is tedium on MY terms.

    Gumi threw a stupid asshole monster at me and I'm responding in kind. There are no winners here. Except eventually me.

    Yes, I'm aware I could be doing faster using some other method, but it's the principle of the thing.

    maraji
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    I'm currently plinking away at this damn Creepy Bogeyman, using Rainbow Whip to lock him into uselessly attacking my element immune team with his dumb spells over and over. Is it tedious? Oh god yes. Are my White Lily Fina and Draconian Princess Fina equipped with enough damage to efficiently kill him? God no. The difference is, this is tedium on MY terms.

    Gumi threw a stupid asshole monster at me and I'm responding in kind. There are no winners here. Except eventually me.

    Yes, I'm aware I could be doing faster using some other method, but it's the principle of the thing.

    Precisely.

    Maybe I should do the same.

  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Precisely.

    Maybe I should do the same.

    It took me 70 turns. I could've done it quicker but I didn't put in a lot of effort to making sure my chains didn't break. I also didn't bother to do the esper or limit burst missions, but I could have easily. I could conceivably do it a few more times to get some more rewards out of it; the only limitation would be running out of units that can do at least 50% all element resist buffs. I'm not going to, though.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Good F’ing grief! Running weapons I want through, can’t get a rare. Running Fina’s crappy bow through for the unique and...

    et7pe6d8ux51.png

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Tipharesmaraji
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I have gotten some good luck with IW since they boosted the rates. I finally got the rare + unique on the Odin sword, but it took quite a few runs (maybe 8 or more). But after that, I've gotten a lot more rares. I got the rare on Iconic Sword, Death Penalty and I got the rare + unique on the Shiva Katana. I'm going to try and get the rare + unique on the Ifrit GS now, as I'd only gotten the unique on it last time.

    marajiCruor
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Since I got lucky with that WH Raegan pull, I decided to do the 11 rainbow summon

    New units: A. Onion Knight, A. Locke and DS Sol
    New 7*: W. Shantotto and DK Freya
    STMR: Zack (got #3 and 4 in the pull)
    Extra: Myra #7, Circe #7, Vincent (#5 or 6) and CG Jake #8

    Not a bad result.

    Trajan45marajiCruor
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    Zomro wrote: »
    Since I got lucky with that WH Raegan pull, I decided to do the 11 rainbow summon

    New units: A. Onion Knight, A. Locke and DS Sol
    New 7*: W. Shantotto and DK Freya
    STMR: Zack (got #3 and 4 in the pull)
    Extra: Myra #7, Circe #7, Vincent (#5 or 6) and CG Jake #8

    Not a bad result.

    Decided to do the same:
    New units: Palom & Porom
    New 7*: Neverending Hope
    New STMR: Circe, WR Firion
    Dupe STMR: Auron (2nd), Myra (2nd)
    Extra: Fryevia #9, A.Rain #7, Raegan #3, WH Raegan #3

    A bunch of weapons for IW (used about 70 pots, no rares yet), and a debate: UoC a Raegan prism? If so: STMR or dupe since I can gear two of them decently (but obviously I only have one Odin....)

    maraji on
    Cruor
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Since I got lucky with that WH Raegan pull, I decided to do the 11 rainbow summon

    New units: A. Onion Knight, A. Locke and DS Sol
    New 7*: W. Shantotto and DK Freya
    STMR: Zack (got #3 and 4 in the pull)
    Extra: Myra #7, Circe #7, Vincent (#5 or 6) and CG Jake #8

    Not a bad result.

    Decided to do the same:
    New units: Palom & Porom
    New 7*: Neverending Hope
    New STMR: Circe, WR Firion
    Dupe STMR: Auron (2nd), Myra (2nd)
    Extra: Fryevia #9, A.Rain #7, Raegan #3, WH Raegan #3

    A bunch of weapons for IW (used about 70 pots, no rares yet), and a debate: UoC a Raegan prism? If so: STMR or dupe since I can gear two of them decently (but obviously I only have one Odin....)

    Dupes aren't really as exciting since the big thing is Dark Visions now. If you don't care about that though, it's nice not having to worry about friend units.
    Also, doesn't his STMR basically max out his TDW? Which is real nice because it basically leaves an extra materia or accessory that can go to pure ATK or killers.

    My 11 pull was very mediocre, sadly. Was really hoping for a Vivi or DS Sakura to help with magic finishing. Or an Esper Raegan or Physallis.
    New units: Zip
    New 7*: Sweet Nichol, Lilisette, CG Tidus
    New STMR: Nadda
    Extras: Nalu (#7), Dark Mage Exdeath (#3), CG Firion (#5), Squall (#5), Yuna X-2 (#3), Aurora Fryevia (#10 GO AWAY), WLDFina (#5), Sylvie (#6)

    steam_sig.png
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    My 11 pull:
    fokqgtemc81n.png

    New 7*: LW lenna, ardyn, wr firion.
    Stmrs: Tifa, AC Tifa

    I can’t complain, it’s a good pull. Also got a rainbow daily for Tetra Physallis. Might prism ac cloud while IW is going.

    Sadly no MMXon. I pretty much figured i was going to quit if I didn’t get him. I’ll see how i feel when my daily lapis wears off.

    Edit: Had a 10+1 laying around. Ramza #2 only rainbow lol. Figured if i’m going to quit, might as well use my trust coins, 3 5* tickets got me: Tidus #3, Yuna #1, and DK Freya #1.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    maraji
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    My rainbows were peculiar:
    u2xjmsp0279f.png

    Yes, that's six first copies of various rainbows, and also fifth Charlotte, fifth Sieghart, third Machina, third Firion. So I have made small progress towards a lot of things and have actually obtained nothing.

    Have I mentioned how the 7* system is lame? Because the 7* system is lame.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    Decided to run the 11 rainbow banner as I skipped the last one.

    OP Zyrus#2 (!!)
    Rivera#3
    Summer Folka/Citra#3
    Wizardess Shantotto#2 (!!)
    Squall#7
    Yuna FFX-2#3
    Zeno#4 (!!)
    Physalis#1
    Auron#2
    FW Physalis#1 (!!)
    Livid Shantotto#3

    Gumi saw my lack of good mages and decided it was time to fix that I guess. Now I actually have some options for magic damage in DV! Also, that Zeno STMR is amazing and will be my new IW project. No MM Xon but that was a long shot anyway.

    I UoC'd FW Physalis' prism and leveled/potted/door potted her. She's up in my Nemesis 1 slot if anyone wants to check her out. My current setup has her with 3.3k MAG, 13K HP, 600 SPR and status immune. I guess running Black Trump through IW for the rare was worth the time!

    Cruor on
    Trajan45maraji
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Decided to run the 11 rainbow banner as I skipped the last one.

    OP Zyrus#2 (!!)
    Rivera#3
    Summer Folka/Citra#3
    Wizardess Shantotto#2 (!!)
    Squall#7
    Yuna FFX-2#3
    Zeno#4 (!!)
    Physalis#1
    Auron#2
    FW Physalis#1 (!!)
    Livid Shantotto#3

    Gumi saw my lack of good mages and decided it was time to fix that I guess. Now I actually have some options for magic damage in DV! Also, that Zeno STMR is amazing and will be my new IW project. No MM Xon but that was a long shot anyway.

    I UoC'd FW Physalis' prism and leveled/potted/door potted her. She's up in my Nemesis 1 slot if anyone wants to check her out. My current setup has her with 3.3k MAG, 13K HP, 600 SPR and status immune. I guess running Black Trump through IW for the rare was worth the time!

    Nice.. CG Shantotto and Physalis were basically what I was looking for too.. if you swap that Zyrus for a Vivi, it would have been my perfect pull.

    steam_sig.png
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    Decided to run the 11 rainbow banner as I skipped the last one.

    OP Zyrus#2 (!!)
    Rivera#3
    Summer Folka/Citra#3
    Wizardess Shantotto#2 (!!)
    Squall#7
    Yuna FFX-2#3
    Zeno#4 (!!)
    Physalis#1
    Auron#2
    FW Physalis#1 (!!)
    Livid Shantotto#3

    Gumi saw my lack of good mages and decided it was time to fix that I guess. Now I actually have some options for magic damage in DV! Also, that Zeno STMR is amazing and will be my new IW project. No MM Xon but that was a long shot anyway.

    I UoC'd FW Physalis' prism and leveled/potted/door potted her. She's up in my Nemesis 1 slot if anyone wants to check her out. My current setup has her with 3.3k MAG, 13K HP, 600 SPR and status immune. I guess running Black Trump through IW for the rare was worth the time!

    Nice.. CG Shantotto and Physalis were basically what I was looking for too.. if you swap that Zyrus for a Vivi, it would have been my perfect pull.

    I would have loved Orders Sakura#2 for magic finishing, that would have made this pull even better. Pretty happy with W.Shantotto and FW Physalis' being able to chain really well with each other. Their rotations match up decently well, however I think I'd delay W.Shantotto's rotation by a turn so that she can chain with FW Physalis' burst on turn 5.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    The biggest issue or strength of W. Shan is that she's ST for her stuff. One of the only mages with ST. So for DV she's great since she'll go into overkill. But sadly we don't have anyone to fully chain with her as all of our meta CWA mages are AoE.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Cruor
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited May 25
    Oh hey a rare! On an STMR!

    bl3roaso6oml.jpeg

    ..... the rare happened on wave 5. The only mag boosts were 1% and 3%. Saw atk 10 three times and 15 once.

    maraji on
    Trajan45
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    maraji wrote: »
    Oh hey a rare! On an STMR!

    bl3roaso6oml.jpeg

    ..... the rare happened on wave 5. The only mag boosts were 1% and 3%. Saw atk 10 three times and 15 once.

    I just got my first Rare on Circe's STMR as well after dozens and dozens of runs.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    maraji
Sign In or Register to comment.