As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »
    Ok, best I've gotten so far is 8%. Just need a Karten friend to show up that actually has undead killers and I should be good. Using Karten/Karten/AC Cloud/Regina/Sylvie/DocAiden.

Mine should be up in one of the Nemesis tabs, he has 300% undead killer. I do have him with a dark weapon (in case a friend has no imbue), but I could take that off for more ATK.

I didn't see your Karten in either Nemesis tab - I did see Esther and another unit though. Are you sure he's up? If so, add to the list of weird bugs in this game.

Edit: I have seen your units in every tab and none of them is Karten. I blame Gumi

Yeah, that's the issue I've run into before. I'll see a friend on a few tabs, but they don't show on others. I checked and my Karten is on Nemesis 1. Darn you, Gumi!

That's weird because when I was looking it was showing Esther as your Nemesis 1 unit. I think something seriously screwy is happening with the friendlist.

She was in that slot, but I changed to Karten around noon EST, I think? Definitely some odd stuff with the friend list.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Story Event lapis pushed me to where I was comfortable running the first step of the second 12k lap on the FFVII:AC banner to get the guaranteed 5* ticket. In another display of good old Cruor luck it dropped AC Cloud. Grabbed his TMR and then UoC'd his Prism and I now have a nice new Fusion Sword. That'll be my IW project.

With the newfound LB damage increase I went in to fight the bugged Bogeyman. That, plus a Karten from @maraji secured the OTKO. I feel better now.

• Options
    Turns out the IW rare rates were bugged but have been fixed now. Good thing I only wasted like 25 IW pots trying to grab the rare on the Fusion Sword :/

Hopefully we get compensation for it before IW ends.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Turns out the IW rare rates were bugged but have been fixed now. Good thing I only wasted like 25 IW pots trying to grab the rare on the Fusion Sword :/

GUMI might have broke things the other way. I just got the best roll I've ever gotten in IW on Inferno Saber++; Rare, Unique, and ATK+15%. I'm sure whoever will want this sword in the future will love the HP+20%, Fire Res 20%, and 55% Attack.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Here's hoping I can get a good roll on Fusion Sword so I can work on the weapons with unique properties. Wind Sprite Spear looks like a good one to get the unique for.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Hmm... to UoC SBDF prism to get summer whip or not... I'm at 64 UoC tickets right now. Not sure what I'm saving for in the future... Probably just CG Vaan, Pone, and the player designed units. I should have another batch of tickets saved up by then.

Gonna use up some EX summons first and see if anything good comes first.
    MK 30k & 60k: Tifa #5 and Tidus #3
    5+1 ticket gave me Yuffie #4. Ok...
    EX tickets: DKCecil #3

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Summer Whip has lost a lot of utility now that Gilgamesh+ isn't really that hard anymore, and the Story Events/Main Story challenges are all generic.
    It does have a new use in the Bogeyman fight though, apparently.

If you give your whole team 100% resistance to all elements (after buffs), and hit him with the special move, he'll counter with 16 elemental attacks.
    Except he's limited to a max of 16 attacks per turn, so he does literally nothing else, ever. Including his move that crashes the game.
    And since everyone in the party is immune to elemental damage, no one takes any damage and you can just kill him as slowly as you want as long as you keep your resistances up and hit him with the whip every turn.

• Options
    That strat also works with Lotti's LB, which also does every elemental damage. Leave her at 3* and build her for auto LB generation. You just need a way to get her LB turn one (or a way to recover after a single turn of taking damage).

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular

Oh.

So this is why I couldn't get a goddamn rare on Darksteel Destroyer all day yesterday :/

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I STMR moogled MM Xon and will be running that dagger through IW until I get High Tide on it.

• Options
    I'm tempted to use an STMR Moogle on Locke's Dagger. It would make gearing for evade/provoke/death immunity so much easier.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    One of today's Ex tickets came down rainbow for Yuna #2. Don't think I'll ever use her, but she's one of my favorites so I'm glad to have her 7*.

• Options
    Had an EX ticket come down rainbow for Folka#2. Nice to have her as another healer option! The 5* EX from Bogeyman ELT dropped Orders Sakura#1, pretty nice to have her if I need a good magic finisher for DV or the like.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rikku X-2 and AC Cloud with 250% human killer & Thunder God's Sword will one-shot Morgana ELT. AC Cloud is my favourite.

Hooray, this is the last of the 3 initial ELTs I can get a free 5* EX ticket from.

Characters
  • Options
    Forgot about the 60k ticket. Turned into Circe #8. I guess i’ll take that while IW is going on.

• Options
    Spoopy Ghouligan's 5* ticket gave me my first Sylvie. Is that a 300% ATK/MAG buff I see?

Characters
  • Options
    The 20 IW pot compensation is kind of a slap in the face to people who spent a lot more resources chasing something that literally did not exist. I feel like it should have been a full refund of all pots/lapis used, plus another 20-50 IW pots as a show of good faith.

That being said, I was able to get this just now.
    5y00p43c6mjj.png

• Options
    Can anyone setup their AC Cloud for Machine killing? Need to swing back to Scorn of Aigaion for those fists for AC Tifa.

• Options
    lol that's insane.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Can anyone setup their AC Cloud for Machine killing? Need to swing back to Scorn of Aigaion for those fists for AC Tifa.

Sure, I'll switch mine over to machine killers. He'll be in favorites.

Edit: He's up. ~3.2k ATK, 300% Machine Killer, 250% LB damage. Has >15k HP and >500 SPR so he should survive decently well.

Cruor on
  • Options
    So, what's the plan this week? I don't think we'll be getting a raid and we're having a story event right now. So, that leaves a new story chapter or a dead week to farm the cryst stages.

• Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    So, what's the plan this week? I don't think we'll be getting a raid and we're having a story event right now. So, that leaves a new story chapter or a dead week to farm the cryst stages.

I'd anticipate a raid, specifically the FFIV:After Years raid. They've been doing new story updates along with the next batch of Story Revisit quests, and the next one of those is likely gonna start when the current set ends next week.

I wouldn't anticipate any GLEX content since they would have put out a video today to highlight something like that.

• Options
    Story chapters are always the last week of the month. They've been pretty consistent with that for a long time; the exception being those few months between season 2 and 3 when we got no new chapters at all.

It'll be something weird I think, because they need to drop the Reagan/Physallis banner and now don't have an event to tie to it.

• Options
    There is "Week 2" stuff for the DV Story event (I don't think this SE has a cryst farming second week? It doesn't have a Bonus Stage either, and whatever content is in week 2 needs to give us recipes/materials for upgrading the Esper Unit Weapons). So, maybe we're only getting whatever that "Week 2" stuff is without anything extra.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    We should be getting the second part of the current story event, the bonus stages to enhance the new story event gear. Not sire if those are the same as the companion battles that were referenced (they might be).

So it it's just the Reagan and Physalis banner, then we may not be getting a new event, but just the continuation of the current event.

We should also be getting Regina, Akstar and Zeno's enhancements, as well as Reberta's latent abilities. Since they were announced on the updates video that announced AC Cloud, I thought they would have been last week, but I guess they'll be this week. Having just pulled my second Zeno last night, as well as already having Regina, Askstar and Reberta, I'm really hoping at least one of them has really good buffs, but here's to hoping all four are great.

Zomro on
  • Options
    The enhancements/Latents may be this week or next - I'd water next week. If it is just a continuation of the current event this week then I'd much prefer enhancements/Latents for this week so we at least have those to play around with.

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular

Edit: He's up. ~3.2k ATK, 300% Machine Killer, 250% LB damage. Has >15k HP and >500 SPR so he should survive decently well.

Mine’s up in favorites as well. Similar stats but I’ve only got a paltry 180% LB damage

• Options
    maraji wrote: »

Mine’s up in favorites as well. Similar stats but I’ve only got a paltry 180% LB damage

I'm certainly no longer upset with the amount of Squall I have pulled, and getting AC Cloud's STMR in 15k Lapis (and 8 UoC tickets) was a pleasant surprise. I don't have a BiS AC Cloud, but I'm decently close. If I had a single Eleven I'd be very tempted to Omni+STMR Moogle him for his sword. Not only does it grant more LB damage, it's a rare 1H weapon with variance, which would be a good chunk of damage as well.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I just recently pulled a 2nd Zeno and I have 7* Reberta and Regina to work with as well. I think I'll enhance Reberta and Regina for DV. I've never really been a fan of Zeno because of his horrendously long attack animation, but he may become a great chainer for DV.

edit: I do have a single Eleven, but I'm not that tempted to burn my only omniprism and last STMR moogle on it. I've been clearing content just fine without it.
    edit 2: But then again, we should be getting more of both in the near future with the 4th anniversary. I need to sim up the difference in damage between Omega Weapon and Eleven's sword on AC Cloud - assuming the same IW rolls. Also, how future-proof are LB finishers to make it worthwhile? I know CG Squall is supposed to be a good one, but after him?

DV #2 this week would also work since it's a week long event that uses NRG.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Now the real game begins. When will the friend unit I need show up in my list...

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Has anyone had any trouble with enhancing the ice demon katana? I've completed all the story stages, which means I should have the recipe for the + version, but the game still says I have no recipe. My mailbox has been cleaned out.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Has anyone had any trouble with enhancing the ice demon katana? I've completed all the story stages, which means I should have the recipe for the + version, but the game still says I have no recipe. My mailbox has been cleaned out.

You should have the recipe for Ice Demon Katana+, the recipe for Ice Demon Katana++ is coming out this week.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    I was able to obtain and upgrade the Ice Demon Katana, but I'm missing the Nightbringer Wolf's Gun. I've completed the story event and my inbox is clean as well. Weird. I'll check again to see if I have a weird filter set, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    I was able to get an upgrade the Ice Demon Katana, but I'm missing the Nightbringer Wolf's Gun. I've completed the story event and my inbox is clean as well. Weird. I'll check again to see if I have a weird filter set, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

The gun comes out this week, I believe, with the second week stuff for the story event.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    So this IW is 2 weeks again?

EDIT: Also are the only missions you can bring your own unit's the trials? I was trying to do a switch control for 3rd slot and a friend, but ended up using Intangir, which sucks for repeat trying.

Trajan45 on
  • Options
    I was able to get an upgrade the Ice Demon Katana, but I'm missing the Nightbringer Wolf's Gun. I've completed the story event and my inbox is clean as well. Weird. I'll check again to see if I have a weird filter set, but I'm pretty sure I don't.

The gun comes out this week, I believe, with the second week stuff for the story event.
    That's weird, because they release 3/4 of the new weapons in the first week. I've already run the Knight Rider's Sword and Wind Sprite's Spear.

• Options

That's weird, because they release 3/4 of the new weapons in the first week. I've already run the Knight Rider's Sword and Wind Sprite's Spear.

Yeah, the whole event is a little strange since they broke it up for global. Fenrir Edel is also a free unit, so I guess whatever method of obtaining her is also the method you obtain her gun? *shrug*

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I think I missed the previous weapons, because honestly I just can't muster the energy to do everything anymore. Heck, I have barely entered the IW this time around.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »
    I think I missed the previous weapons, because honestly I just can't muster the energy to do everything anymore. Heck, I have barely entered the IW this time around.

The last set of weapons had to be manually bought from the mog king shop from the first esper unit mog king event.

• Options
    News has the ability awakenings for Akstar, Regina, Yuraisha and Zeno, along with Reberta's latent abilities.

Akstar and Regina don't look like their enhancements were buffed, from what I could tell (I could always be wrong), except that Regina looks like she picked up an extra enhancement that gives some extra defensive stats (which is nice). Regina still good for OTKO, if I did my math right she can get a 60x mod with 50% DEF ignore on Regina Cannon, but that's with both CDs. If it's a demon, fairy or machine monster, she can get really high killers on those, too.

The damage mod increases on Akstar and Zeno look small to me, so no idea if they're going to be boosted that much, but that's just from a cursory view. I'd need to see some analysis from someone who's better at judging this stuff.

Yuraisha's enhancements were not previewed, so no telling if she's getting GL buffed or not.

Reberta's latents look pretty strong. She needed some big mod boosts, and looks like they're delivering. Will it be enough for her to be used? I'm hoping so. I do like Reberta.