As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    MyCard got me Machina #2. No other rainbows.

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'm holding onto my MyCard summons until the Halloween banner goes live next week. If I don't care about any of the new units, then I'll wait until the next banner that comes along.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    MyCard gave me DKLuneth#1 and Mediena#2. I'll take that, a really nice TMR and a new 7*.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Elfreeda #7 and CG Fina #1. About time I can finally get that TMR.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Scorn of the Moose down. Evade Sieg, LM Fina (LB fill and kill), Ignacio (buff, imbue, imperil), Esther & Elena (chains), friend Cid finisher.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I forgot how annoying Kanshou and Bakuya were. Neat idea, but not a great execution.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's a really dumb thing.

Akstar #1 so that's not bad!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Luckily their swords are absolutely not worth a damn so you can ignore having to kill them with the other dragon's abilities. I bought Malph and a friend Elena and it took me about 6 rounds to kill them both.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The 5* ticket from the promo gave me a Chocobo Fina. Now to decide if I care to buy that bundle with her prism.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    urahonky wrote: »
    Luckily their swords are absolutely not worth a damn so you can ignore having to kill them with the other dragon's abilities. I bought Malph and a friend Elena and it took me about 6 rounds to kill them both.

But then the stars on the mission list won't be filled in and that's just annoying.

I just took the time and did it slowly.

Zomro on
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    The heck is this MyCard thing?
    It's another app service from another country. It's very similar to Google Play Store, Apple Store, Amazon App Store.

I see. So basically it's install the game from another shop for extra stuff? Might see if it's much of a pain to do on a phone.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    The heck is this MyCard thing?
    It's another app service from another country. It's very similar to Google Play Store, Apple Store, Amazon App Store.

I see. So basically it's install the game from another shop for extra stuff? Might see if it's much of a pain to do on a phone.

It's SUPER EASY on the phone. Steps here:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/djk0g3/gl_mycard_preregistration_rewards/

• Options
    If you've got an Android phone you download the APK, click install, login to your Google/Facebook hit cancel, uninstall, log back into your old game and you've got the free shit.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    It was pretty simple indeed, thanks. I rolled the 10+1, but I'm saving EX tickets until the Halloween units or Terra come into the pool. I have 219 EX tickets currently, 8 of which are 5* tickets.

(Of course the 10+1 was two gold)

Drascin on
  • Options
    Got WoL Lenna from the 5* EX ticket. Pretty good

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Oh wow, the 5* ticket gave me Gilgamesh. That's absolute trash.

[edit] 10+1 was garbage too.

[edit] 1 ticket on the new banner gave me Seabreeze Dark Fina #2, though, so that's nice.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    Anyone mind setting up an Esther for scorn of the beasts of the dark?

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    The 10+1 was nothing, the 5* was Red XII #4, so that's one more STMR in the bag.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Anyone mind setting up an Esther for scorn of the beasts of the dark?

What does she need and I'll build her for you. Least I can do.

• Options
    She needs fire/water/wind/dark resist, as much as possible without making her damage anemic. The goal is to have 400 total resists after buffs.

• Options
    She needs fire/water/wind/dark resist, as much as possible without making her damage anemic. The goal is to have 400 total resists after buffs.

Oh that's right it's the combo one.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    @Artereis is 340 total (pre-buffs) and 2195 ATK good enough? I can sacrifice some ATK and get about 30 or so more resist total.

I have her on Nemesis 1 if you want to try. If you don't have enough buffs then I can bring her up a bit more. Or if you need more attack and you can get some decent buffs on her then I can also do that.

urahonky on
  • Options
    Setup on Nem 2 tab. (Tab5)

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Put one up in nemesis 2

80 / 100 / 150 / 50
    fire/water/wind/dark
    2160 atk

Could trade off resists/atk in either direction if needed.

Edit: apparently my phone thinks sets of numbers separated by slashes is a phone number? Huh.

maraji on
  • Options
    Kikkie_za Kikkie_za Registered User new member
    I can not seem to find where to summon the khux 10+1 ticket can anyone help me. Please?

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The premium 10+1 ticket was put in a a day 10 reward two weeks ago. They couldn't get the banner uploaded in that amount of time.

El. Oh. El.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Kikkie_za Kikkie_za Registered User new member
    I got the ticket just now but can't find it anywhere...

• Options
    Yeah, there does not seem to be a summon banner. Good job, Gumi.

Also, I figured I might as well try a couple run at item world, and on my first run since forever ago I actually hit the rare on FFBExcalibur. I did it on a lark, honestly, I don't know if I actually need a light greatsword, but it is the biggest atk greatsword I had, so I hit it, and ended up with a +30atk/+30hp sword.

• Options
    There's an in game news update about the missing banner. It is pretty funny that they don't have the banner up.

• Options
    It's really weird to me that the Premium 10+1 banner isn't just a permanent banner under the "Standard Summon" tab. I mean, the guaranteed 5* 10+1 is there. Why not just keep the banner around all the time?

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    It's probably a stupid implementation detail. Like maybe the banner determines the units available and they have to change it out every time.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Used a 50k raid summon to fulfill the summon quest for today and got a 10%, 5%, and 1% trust moogle. I was feeling lucky so I used a 3* EX ticket. Dropped gold and upgraded to rainbow! Elephim #4! I'll take that sweet robe. She's now ready for her amazing enhancements!

Also, turns out I forgot to claim my 500 lapis from the reward wheel a day or two ago so that's some wasted spins there... Oh well.

• Options
    Elephim's STMR also opens up her weapon slot for her if you have, say, Roy's STMR. I don't actually know how bulky she is or if she is in need of MP, but if she is, Roy's STMR will take care of that right quick.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Elephim's STMR also opens up her weapon slot for her if you have, say, Roy's STMR. I don't actually know how bulky she is or if she is in need of MP, but if she is, Roy's STMR will take care of that right quick.
    Unfortunately, I only have 7* Roy. I guess I could pull 2 more eventually. That may happen by the time Elephim gets her enhancements. Gumi has been slowing down on those kinds up updates lately and we're about to roll into prime time holiday season.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    The October attendence 10+1 gave me my first Fid. New 5* are always nice.

Edit: IW is testing me. No rare skill for Elena's TMR after 4 runs, but Lenneth's Tmr sword gets it on like the 3rd floor.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    My 3rd Yego.... I went from 0 of this fucker to 3 in the span of 10 5* pulls.

• Options
    Is this the first time a banner has cost straight up money instead of lapis/tickets? I don't remember it that before.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Is this the first time a banner has cost straight up money instead of lapis/tickets? I don't remember it that before.

I'm pretty sure it is, it's a pretty shit move making sure that we can't get that deal with earned resources.
    The sad part is if it had been $20ish I probably would have pulled it anyway, $36 is a bit much though.

DK_Azrael on
  • Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »

I'm pretty sure it is, it's a pretty shit move making sure that we can't get that deal with earned resources.
    The sad part is if it had been $20ish I probably would have pulled it anyway, $36 is a bit much though.

This is this game in a nutshell, really. Gumi is so hilariously bad at giving reasonable value for money that despite being a prime target for this bullshit I have yet to give FFBE a cent.

Anyway, the banner for that premium 10+1 finally appeared, so I threw it, and got Sephiroth number 3. Bleh.

• Options
    edited October 2019

I think there was one a long time ago, but I can't remember the details. On the bright side, they made it easy to skip it.

Update video up. Halloween event is an elemental battle. Clear event, get event currency, do event summons, craft new items. The usual. New 5*s are Karten, a TDW fist user with BS frames and Godrea, a TDH gun user with CW, AMoE families and potentially more. There will be a step up for the new Halloween units and a step up for the old ones. They didn't show an image, but they said that the step up for the older Halloween units would be cheaper than a usual step up, but we'll have to wait and see.

Lilith and Lucius getting enhancements, but no details. Hyoh and Ignis also getting enhancements, but the image said they'd be at a later date in November.

New trial in Chamber of Vengeful. The friggin' Yokai Lantern is back. I didn't pay much attention to it as I was reliving how annoying that fight was originally. Some new Chocobo slot machine minigame is coming soon. You can get tokens from events or login bonuses to play. It looks cute, at least.

Now my first impression of Karten and Godrea. I want them both. I have gear options for both of them, I especially hace options for Godrea as I have both CG Jake and Vincent's STMRs, and Karten will love Lucius' TMR. Both units have solid TMRs, Karten has clothes with 35 ATK, 40 DEF and increase ATK% with fist weapons and Godrea has an accessory with 40 ATK, a TDH boost with fairy and reaper killers. Their STMRs are both solid, Karten has 170 ATK fists with TDW boost and Godrea has a 2h gun with 177 ATK and has some supporty abilities (buffs items used, and allows her to use an MP recovery or HP recovery item on all allies).

Karten's sprite looks awesome, he's like a dapper werewolf. Godrea, I'm not sure if I like her sprite. It looks kinda dopey, but in a kind of endearing way? Maybe her animations will make her look better.

And while Karten is cool, him being a TDW fist user kind takes the wind out of Lucian's enhancements, as they both use the same kind of gear (clothes and fists).

https://youtu.be/TcmF8TxMOAw

Zomro on