As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    idk, I might still skip it. I'm pretty set with units other than SS Charlotte would be a upgrade on WKN. I figure I'll wait till Christmas to see if WKN gets any buffs but given the halloween units didn't, I'm not expecting much. I'll wait till I see a unit list before doing anything.

EDIT: Also the BF units might come into play as well. There is a chance they are all meta level units to get folks to pull. Since they are not limited, 5 UoC's may end up being better served towards them. We'll see Thursday I guess.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I'm sitting at 60 UoC right now so I'm tempted to use some to get 10k lapis. I know that I'll be chasing CG WoL and CG Dark Fina. I'm not sure what other "Summon Fest" units I really want in the future beyond them. I know Lunafreya and Regis are really good. That's only 4 units that I may need to UoC a prism for.

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    I was at 59 UoC tickets, but only 29k lapis. I want to pull on the 11 5* banner (it's probably a trap, but the potential for at least some dupes for STMRs is too great), but also save lapis for a step-up on the Christmas banner (I want big robot guy), so I went ahead an traded in 5 tickets for 10k lapis. There's been a few units that I've been tempted to UoC to get up to 7*, so if I randomly get any of those in the pull then it will be like I got half off on UoC tickets for that unit plus 10 extra units with it.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    If the 11 rainbow pull gets me Malphasie#4 it will 10% be worth 5 UoCs. There are plenty of other rainbows I'd like to get for either 7* (Elephim, Ignis) or STMR progress.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    11 rainbow banner? For a reasonable price? That sounds weirdly reasonable for a banner in this game. Where's the catch?
    I might trade 5 of my 52 UoCs for some lapis for that.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    My pool of 1 away units is: A. Rain, Balthier, Beryl, BS Sak, D. Fina, CG Lightning, Ayaka, Emp Shera, Esther, Livid Shan, Loren, Prompto, Queen, and Roy. Not sure which of those would be in the pool but D. Fina, E. Shera, and Ayaka have great STMR's still and I'm guessing won't be.

I just don't have a lot of newer units. Nagi's STMR would be good, but only 1 of her. Hopefully reddit will get a unit list and I'll have to see what my odds are.

edited November 2019
    Here is the unit list that was datamined about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm sure it's accurate for the limited pool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/dt4w2h/list_of_current_and_removed_units_from_summon_pool/

edit: I checked the list for myself. What I would be happy with: 13x STMR units, 11x 7* units, and 7x TMRs units. The rest are pretty much 1st or 3rd that would not be useful. So, out of 90-ish units in the pool and about 1/3 would be favorable outcomes. Let's go!

Tiphares on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I have 175k lapis. Sure, I'll pull.

We're getting a Friend Point summon banner soon. I just heard/read that FP will have a 30 day time limit after 12 Dec. FPs will expire! So, might as well burn them all for some 5% unit specific moogles for some trust coin fodder.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Do you just never pull?

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Do you just never pull?

I'll pull for your Esthers and such. Having pulled these OP meta units, there's no reason to pull until the next big jump in power shows up.

Also, I've steadily started to stop caring about this game. I do the busywork twice a day while I'm watching a show or listening to a podcast. Then I turn off the game.

The only exciting thing about FFBE is the gacha, and I have godawful luck with gacha. 1 rainbow in 60 pulls. So why bother pulling at all unless the rainbow is guaranteed.

I also have 260 non-Ex tickets and all my UoC tickets.

I decided to finish off the 50 unit PRO and ELT Egg boss missions. I'm not excited about doing the LGD version since it will require actually gearing a team each time and following fight mechanics. Those rewards can wait a bit longer.

Good grief these new units are LB pot needy. Just used 120 post on CG Lightning since I'm using her more and only got to 35.

Just turned in 5 UoCs for 10k Lapis. If anyone else is thinking of doing so, I think tonight is the last chance for that.

Here's hoping the 11 rainbow pull is kind to me.

With this refined pool, while good, it really stresses the need for 50% STMR moogles in the ticket shop.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I grabbed the 10k Lapis for 5 UoCs, 11 5*s, even random, for 5 UoCs is a pretty good exchange. Looking forward to reading the thread on Monday.

Trajan45 wrote: »
    With this refined pool, while good, it really stresses the need for 50% STMR moogles in the ticket shop.

Yeah, I actually am not sure about this simply because I have so mnay 7* dudes I will never get the STMR of now.

edited November 2019
    Black Friday units look pretty cool. Olive is a pretty standard W-/unlockable T-cast TDH damage dealer with a stacking damage move. Xon is...well, he has a lot of tools and I'm not sure if he'll be great at any of his many roles. Zyrus is the new top mage and his damage rivals the top physical damage dealers. Aiden looks good, but his ability based heals are either weaker than Curaja or CDs. He also lacks dispelga and Entrust, if those are important to you. His Magnus ability (2 uses per battle) can essentially make your tank invulnerable by granting them a 10k HP barrier. He does have T-white magic if you need Curaja level heals and his CDs/LB aren't ready.

All in all looks like a skip (besides some tickets on the Zyrus/Aiden banner) for me.

In other news, Kurasame and Aurora Fryevia are getting enhancements. Aurora Fryevia and Fryevia are also getting Latent Abilities. Each of them become pretty beastly hybrid attackers and Kurasame leaves his terrible chaining families and joins AMoE!

Cruor on
    Game is up, unless you're on iOS...in which case, game is down for an unknown amount of time.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Free 10+1 gave me Rivera #1

A 4* EX ticket gave me BM Golbez #1

First 5* EX ticket gave me Delita #4. I hate his STMR, but I'll take the 50% moogle

Second 5* EX ticket gave me a Mastermind Xon! I've got him up as a friend unit in Event 1.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Birthday pulls! Hurray!
    Free 10+1 was 1 gold, 10 blue. Thanks for the birthday present, Gumi.
    First 5* EX ticket was Operative Zyrus, so I guess I withdraw the sarcasm.
    Second 5* EX ticket was Red XIII #2.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    EX tickets were Marie #7ish and Duke #1. Lulz.

But Elena #1 from my 10+1!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    How good is Aurora Fryevia now?

Magus` wrote: »
    How good is Aurora Fryevia now?

Almost as good as Elena? Really strong.

Well, my two highest damage dealers are AKR and Esther so.. Don't really know what the hierarchy is.

Fun, on the day i need mobile games the most, Apple decides to fuck everyone over.

My rainbow haul from free 10+1 and ex tickets:
    Sol#1
    Chocobo Fina#2
    Emperor Shera#5
    Akstar#5

Pretty decent all told.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    My pulls sit in the iOS ether. Why did I get a new phone

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    EX tickets = Balthier STMR, Neo Galuf #1

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Burned 2 laps on the current step up:

CG Lid #5
    Agent Olive #1
    CG Nichol #2
    Olive #5
    CG Fina #3
    CG Cid #2

Burned the 4 tickets it came with and got.... CG Lid #6 wtf

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Fun, on the day i need mobile games the most, Apple decides to fuck everyone over.
    I know. I might have to interact with my family.

On the plus side, the kids have only had to be separated once so far this morning.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm having issues with FB authentication on my phone, so no free pulls for me just yet.

Artereis wrote: »
    I'm having issues with FB authentication on my phone, so no free pulls for me just yet.
    I heard Facebook and Instagram were both having “issues” today.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Finally got in. Got Rivera #1 and DK Luneth #4 from the 10+1, and Greg #4 and Exdeath #1 from the tickets.

10+1 was three golds, as per usual. The 5* EX ticket landed Malphasie #5, so, eh.

So I’ve downloaded the update from the App Store, but it still won’t let me in

Kefka SBB down, all missions. Karten just destroys Kefka. Still gotta figure out my Aigaion Kai strategy, but it can wait.

• ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    10+1 was 2 golds
    5* was SBDF.....#1

Fuck you too FFBE

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    5* was Esther #4.
    10+1 was prompto #4

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular