As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Finally got into the game after waiting for the app update. Free 10+1 got me Yuna #4, which is a nice robe STMR. Nothing else good from my EX tickets, other than the 5* tickets, of course. I got Sieghard #2 (Sweet! Nice upgrade over M. Ramza) and Yuffie #3 (I should probably try using here for something at some point). A pretty decent outcome this time.
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How the hell do I kill this treasure chest boss. It has like infinity hp

There are different versions of the boss. One of them needs to be dispelled every turn to get rid of it’s damage mitigation. It also likes to blind all of your units, so watch out for that as well.

Cururu on
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    As expected the BF units are pretty interesting. Reddit is posting a bunch of interesting strats for M. Xon including stealing Regina’s 250% buff + killers, Maries 100% elemental resist, chair Rain’s LB buff (only him), Zargs Rejuvenate + 2, and others.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    10+1 had CGFina #6 and Fryevia #8

Pretty good

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Aigaion Kai down! Literally none of the missions but who cares, I got the fists and that's all that really matters. Team:
    Sieghard - 100% passive provoke, 25k HP, ~1.2k DEF/SPR. Mostly guarded.

CGFina - Heals, reraise, elemental resists, Entrust, light damage to lower mods on Aigaion's nuke.

CGNichol - General mitigation, stop removal, buffs. Was on Carbuncle for Barthundaga to nullofy the electric counter attack when Aigaion is hit with light.

A.Locke - Breaks, AoE mirage, magic mitigation.

2xGodrea - Crazy damage. Seriously, killed each round of the arms in a single turn once she was ramped up. Once the third set of arms were down and the body's mitigation dropped she just went HAM on him. Almost felt bad for the robot...almost.

Now I can rest knowing that there's no trial (well, besides additional clears of Vengeful trials) left to do. I'll go back for the Aigaion missions once powercreep has made doing so trivial.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Joe Camacho MKIIJoe Camacho MKII Registered User regular
    10+1 gave me Nagi #2, 5 star tickets gave me CG Lid #6 and King Edgar #2.

2 more 7 stars. I think I will do the 11 pull if only to see if I manage to get a second Elena or Tsukiko.

steam_sig.png I edit my posts a lot.
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    How the hell do I kill this treasure chest boss. It has like infinity hp

The defensive version does have a good amount of HP, but mostly it buffs its defense and mitigation to astronomical levels. Never go in without a dispel.

This is an annoying Wave event because I can't just hit Repeat, I have to pay actual attention to what is happening.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Free 10+1 had Duke #5.

I threw 5 tickets at the banner and got Tsukiko #1. Saving the 5*EXs for Zyrus banner

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Free 10+1 had Duke #5.

I threw 5 tickets at the banner and got Tsukiko #1. Saving the 5*EXs for Zyrus banner

Zyrus is already in the ex pool, I believe. I think someone pulled him in this thread even.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Hopefully I get a good tank on Monday so I can take on Aigaion. Here's hoping.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    My exs got me my first Myra, Sieg #3 I think, and... Some repeat. Actually, this has pushed me squarely into the 10k pull camp, as I have quite a few triplets I'd like to complete.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    My 5* EX was Duke #5.

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »
    Hopefully I get a good tank on Monday so I can take on Aigaion. Here's hoping.

What tanks do you have now? Doing a solo tank strategy against Aigaion requires pretty much either eSieghard or Galuf. If you have a good magic tank you could do a dual tank strategy which significantly lowers the requirements on your tanks.

• Options
    Merc Ramza and WKN.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/e3ictr/psa_free_compensation_from_mycard_app/

Downloading the MyCard APK and then logging in with your account will let you get the compensation for that (850 lapis, 3 rare tickets). Once it starts downloading the big update you can just close the app. Make sure to claim the compensation on your main account.

If you are on iOS you get to double dip, so lapis and tickets for the hours your couldn't access the game. All in all not too shabby.

Edit: one of the compensation tickets shattered to rainbow for Hyoh#4. That's currently my strongest 1H GS so that's awesome.

Cruor on
  • Options
    Oh my god, I hate this garbage event. LGD is a nightmare. Twice I gave up because I just couldn't do enough damage after 15 minutes of trying. This is with Esther and new Xon for chaining. Fucking blind made my chains break.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Oh my god, I hate this garbage event. LGD is a nightmare. Twice I gave up because I just couldn't do enough damage after 15 minutes of trying. This is with Esther and new Xon for chaining. Fucking blind made my chains break.

Did you dispel the boss? I've run into every version of the boss and none of them are particularly challenging so long as you dispel their buffs. Also, yeah, bring a way to remove or protect against blind if you can't kill the boss in a single turn.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    OG Xon's Twist of Fate pulls the buffs off of it too.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    I did this things. I'm sure I could breeze through the event if I made preparations and paid attention to what I was doing, but if I have to pay attention to this game, I don't think I would keep playing for much longer. Its only saving grace is that I can't do something else while playing it.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I'm much the opposite. I want to pay attention to the game. If it's so uninteresting that I have to be doing something else more entertaining to play it? Yeah, no, I'd rather just put all of my attention into the more interesting thing, thus enjoying it more.

But! To each their own!

Cruor on
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tip. Got the MyCard compensation.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm much the opposite. I want to pay attention to the game. If it's so uninteresting that I have to be doing something else more entertaining to play it? Yeah, no, I'd rather just put all of my attention into the more interesting thing, thus enjoying it more.

But! To each their own!

This isn't a boss battle, though. This is a grind event. You're supposed to run it 7 times a day. Do you want to pay careful attention to the same battle 7 times a day for 2 weeks?

• Options

But! To each their own!

Personally, I find that the worst part of this game is that there is basically no content between "just set any two damage dealers to dualcast, hit repeat" and "spend two hours painstakingly preparing an extremely specific setup and planning a rotation and reading up all the boss information in the wiki". It's either one or the other. There's no casual playing. You're either not actuallly playing, just hitting repeat while you read a book, or you're preparing like you're about to run an MMO raid.

• Options

But! To each their own!

This isn't a boss battle, though. This is a grind event. You're supposed to run it 7 times a day. Do you want to pay careful attention to the same battle 7 times a day for 2 weeks?

I hardly consider "make sure you have a dispel" careful attention or an extremely specific setup. Any unit can have dispel thanks to Espers. Instead of smashing repeat I hit reload and then two buttons.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Free 4* EX ticket broke into rainbow and gave me Mastermind Xon #2. That's really lucky.

• Options
    Man, I am so happy that the MK shop now has every sort of cryst in it. I bought a whole ton of support alcrysts so I could enhance CGNichol for my Aigaion clear. Also helped enhance A.Fryevia all the way.

Apparently A.Fry is above Elena in hybrid damage now, and Fryevia is on par with Elena. My A.Fry is using Equip Bow and the Artemis Bow from Moon Reborn since I don't have A.Fry's STMR. Still has about 2.2k ATK/MAG and decent bulk. With the half NRG event going on I may try her out in some of the newer trials.

• Options
    Haven't really had time to do the event. Did the friend points summon and spent 4 hours merging crap together to free inventory space back up last night.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I didn't even notice the 5* select for lapis thing before the maintenance, and now I can't afford the 11 rainbow pull. :?

• Options

But! To each their own!

I hardly consider "make sure you have a dispel" careful attention or an extremely specific setup. Any unit can have dispel thanks to Espers. Instead of smashing repeat I hit reload and then two buttons.

I want this game to be a series of boss battles. Everything else, all the grinding necessary to get the units and equipment for the boss battles, I want to automate all that via macros or have everything be so easy as possible (so that I don't have to pay attention).

To me, this is streamlining the game by removing the grinding as much as possible. I think you're approaching the problem of grind from another direction. You want to remove the boredom of grind by making it interesting. I don't think this is the right solution, though. Like you said, the battles are still easy, you just need to spend a few minutes on the right build and add a couple of steps. It's still boring, but now it's more of a hassle. And it's still grinding because you need to keep doing it long after you found the solution to the puzzle.

• Options
    That's fair enough. This event, however, is pretty light in rewards beyond Gil snappers, cactuars, and trust moogles for the Black Friday units. If you don't need any of those things then there's no real reason to even grind the event.

• Options
    Yeah I haven't been doing anything but logging in right now. The hours of cleaning out my inventory really killed any motivation I had. Maybe when monday rolls around.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    A few runs on the BF banner didn't give me any BF units but I did get Aurora Fryevia's STMR which seems good? 2H swords seem rare.

Edit: Shame AF doesn't chain with basically anyone that is meta-ish.

Magus` on
  • Options
    A few runs on the BF banner didn't give me any BF units but I did get Aurora Fryevia's STMR which seems good? 2H swords seem rare.

I can set my Aurora Fryevia up as a friend unit, I'll put her in Nemesis 1.

• Options

Yeah i was really hoping for a BS move.

• Options

I can set my Aurora Fryevia up as a friend unit, I'll put her in Nemesis 1.

cfn125ym01jk.jpg

She'll be a good replacement for Esther, I suppose.

• Options
    Pulled some tickets hoping for Aiden/Zyrus, got an off-banner Agent Olive. I mean, cool, I like Agent Olive so that works for me.

Results of the 11 rainbow pull:
    Livid Shantotto#2 (neat!)
    Esther#6 and 7
    Rinoa#4 (great STMR)
    NE Hope#1
    CG Charlotte#3
    Hyoh#5
    DM Exdeath#1
    Regina#1
    Yego#1
    Beowulf#2

All in all not bad. Some new 7*s, some new units, an STMR, and progress towards other STMRs. Would have loved to pick up a few more STMRs but I'm pleased with the results as is.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Well, the rainbow 10+1 went pretty decently, I think!
    Circe #2
    Aurora Fry #2
    Beryl #3
    Seaside Nichol #2
    Esther #4 (new STMR! Though my Esther is running around with Luneth's clothes, not sure how worth the trade is, free resistances are free resistances)
    Lotus Fina #1
    Summer Folka and Citra #1 and 2
    Myra #1
    Kurasame #2
    Galuf #1

Basically a bunch of new 7* peeps. And the normal 10+1 got me Ace#3, too. Though now Imma need a ridiculous amount of cactuars to get all these people on the level.

Drascin on
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    CG Nichol #4,
    Aloha Lasswell #2 & #3
    Regina #3
    Ultima #2
    DK Lenneth #2
    Xeno, Aerith, Tsukiko, CG Jake, & Lenna #1

Bleh

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    11 5* summon:

Reagen #2
    Ignacio #1 and 2
    CG Firion #1
    CG Sakura #3
    Chocobo Fina #1
    Rivera #2
    Ultima #3
    WoL Krile #1
    Kurasame #2
    Nagi #3

Not bad, a few 7*s from it. A really good TMR from Firion, too. Sadly no STMRs, but some progress towards some. I'm just glad I didn't pull CG Jake or Cid, as I have their STMRs already, so the pull was worth it just from that.

I did throw some tickets at the Aiden / Zyrus banner, went about 30-40 tickets. Got a rainbow, wasn't Aiden ir Zyrus. It was Myra #4, though, so I'll take the STMR as a consolation prize.

• Options
    8w0vwy1byry4.jpg

Decent enough. Another AKR gives me #4 and that is Bartz #2.

Still no tanks, though.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Shadow Lord #2 - Neat, might screw around with him a bit.
    King Edgar #3
    Chocobo Fina #1
    Sieghard #1 - TMR still decent
    WoL Krile #2 - meh
    Tifa #3
    CG Fina #2 - Where were you a year ago.
    CG lightning #4 - I'll take that STMR
    Elena #1 - Might be worth a UoC I guess not, since A. Fryevia is now stronger than her. Wish her TMR wasn't locked to her.
    DKL #3
    Rinoa #6

Overall can't really complain. 5 UoC tickets was only half a unit and I got SL #2 and an STMR. WoL Krile may be in the running for using an STMR moogle.

Trajan45 on