Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[FFBE] Physalis story event finally arrives.

12425262830

Posts

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    That's a pretty decent build, yeah. Bulk is always good.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Looks like you have Adventurer 4 in. You should be able to up that to 5. I'd also look at Chocobo Adventure, which has a bit more than Spiritual Defense.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Cruor
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Threw some 20 tickets at the Zyrus banner these last two days. 2 rainbows. Both off-banner.

    So...

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to throw all my tickets at the banner to see if I can't get a 2nd D. Aiden or 1 Zyrus. Not sure I'm going to throw any lapis at it though.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited December 3
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Looks like you have Adventurer 4 in. You should be able to up that to 5. I'd also look at Chocobo Adventure, which has a bit more than Spiritual Defense.

    I have Adv 4 because I only have one Adv 5 and that goes elsewhere. I prefer to spend my relics on having multiple 4s than in upgrading a 5, cause 30 to everything is actually pretty useful for filling out stats while adding bulk!

    Plus, well, I figure I can hope to get some 10%s on the Item World for Terra's sword, to round it up.

    Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Nightly ticket pull, first 3* ticket is Operative Zyrus.

    I'm starting to notice a pattern. Both here and in Epic 7 if I just do a few pulls at a time then break for 4-6 hours, then do a few more, I seem to have higher luck. Where as this last banner in Epic 7, I went all in and spent everything, getting terrible luck and had to default to the pity summon.

    It's probably all RNG and man is it tough to do, you want to keep pulling, but I think I might keep trying this for a bit.

    Now the real question, with 1 of each, do I just spend 16 UoC's? Or maybe throw a little lapis at it?

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Broke down and did one lap on the step up. Figured 20 tickets wasn't going to get me another unit and I'd rather save them for the next MK event.

    Ended up with D. Aiden #2 and LW Lenna #1 (too late lady haha). 2nd step only had BS Sak #4, I'll take that STMR for Op Z. Ended up using 8 UoC's to finish him off.

    He's up in Event 1 and should be able to solo with any sort of breaks/dispel.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    CruorZomroHalfmexTipharesJoe Camacho MKII
  • HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yeah I went in for a lap on the Op Z banner as well. Should've stuck with my gut, ended up with four rainbows but zero banner units, unsurprisingly. Oh well, only 9k down, still have a good stash left for CG Dark Fina when she shows.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    yeah I was only going to do 1 lap since it would leave me with 23K still. Also I only did it because I got lucky with my tickets. If I didn't have either of the units, it would be a firm skip till CG DF.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Halfmex
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    I did the 11 rainbows. No STMRs completed, but 2 very helpful 7* now. Folka and Ignis.
    n8qsimdmhg4t.jpg

    10+1 ticket had Nyx #4.

    I pulled about 15 tickets and got 1 Doc Aiden. Decided to do 1 step. Decided to not finish the lap.
    2b03g3krt2p1.jpg

    I wanted Zyrus. Oh well. Doc is an ipgrade since I dont have Lenna.

    Tiphares on
    CruorHalfmexTrajan45Shadowfire
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    That's some me-level luck! Man, I would love to have Doc Aiden but I just can't bring myself to pull now when I want to pull on the Christmas banner. Stupid robot making me want yet another tank.

  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    Yeah the robot tank has a cool sprite but I'm not sure what kind of tank they'll make him. Given that CG WoL is coming and DW Galuf was not that long ago, I'd guess magic tank? But doesn't seem to fit the sprite. Also while this step up was bad, at least the units aren't limited. I'd be worried about what kind of step up the Christmas units are going to have and will be limited.

    Doc Aiden is Lenna, Folka, and CG Fina all rolled into one, which is nice. Since he's GLEX and new, he's also got the highest base stats (and a pretty sweet TMR). However you can still make a case for Myra over him in some situations. I really wanted Zyrus mostly because my best mage was Circe, who is #12. If I had Kimono Fina or even Sol, I probably would have skipped.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Tiphares
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    My current best healer is CG Fina, and then Eiko. I...haven't really spent the resources looking for a healer, but CG Fina has been good enough for everything thus far so *shrug*. I have a single K.Fina and a single Sol but again, Circe was enough to get through Moon Reborn.

    I have no idea what the robot tank is gonna be, and eSieghard is plenty good for all current stuff. I have no attachment to CG WoL honestly. I think the best niche that the robo tank could fill is a support/tank hybrid with barriers/mitigations.

  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I mean, personally I rather need a physical tank. My only 7* physical tank is Wilhelm, and there's trials I don't think I can tackle with him.

    Steam ID: Right here.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of swapping some of my team around. I have AI Katy who would replace Wilhelm. And I have Myra who would replace Ayaka. I just have no idea how to equip them.

    Also right now I have Zeno as my secondary damage dealer with Elena. Should I swap him with A. Fryvia?

    Yes I know I spelled most of those names wrong

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 4
    Team comp really depends on what content you're taking on at the moment. I personally would replace Zeno with A.Fry just to avoid his annoying as hell auto-cast animations at the beginning of every battle!

    My current raid comp is eSieg + Sylvie + Karten. Sylvie breaks, and then eSieg and Karten chain AR frames to hit the damage cap. The rest of the team can be Xon/trust/level farming units. I love being able to hit the damage cap without needing specific friend units.

    Cruor on
    BucketmanTrajan45
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah I swap characters in and out all the time. The issue with Elena and A. Fry is they both want the same equipment and their best moves are different chaining families. A. Fry and Zeno can chain AMoE together pretty well. Kind of sucks they kept Flash - Furious Radiance as DR instead of Stardust Ray or Bolting Strike.

    Equipping Myra is easy, go as much SPR and HP as you can with Def as a 3rd. For AI Katy, it entirely depends on what role you need her to fill. Physical damage might have you stack evade/HP, magic might be SPR/HP, and fixed would be def/hp or spr/hp depending on the type.

    Right now my main team is King Edgar for breaks, Xon for steal/boosting, Esther for DPS, and Ace for MP restore. I was using CG lightning but will now use Op Zyrus for chaining with Esther. Sometimes I'll throw Randi in if killers are matching, or I might keep CG lightning in if there are any "use LB x times" missions since she gets it full every round. For harder content I'll throw DW Galuf or WKN in for tanking and Folka/Sylvie for healing and support.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Bucketman
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited December 5
    Cruor wrote: »
    My current best healer is CG Fina, and then Eiko. I...haven't really spent the resources looking for a healer, but CG Fina has been good enough for everything thus far so *shrug*. I have a single K.Fina and a single Sol but again, Circe was enough to get through Moon Reborn.

    I have no idea what the robot tank is gonna be, and eSieghard is plenty good for all current stuff. I have no attachment to CG WoL honestly. I think the best niche that the robo tank could fill is a support/tank hybrid with barriers/mitigations.

    DW Galuf is sort of a full tank/DPS, CG WoL is a tank/healer, so I could see some sort of tank/buffer unit. Of course they love tank/DPS for GLEX, so he could be better Viktor type.

    Doc Aiden's in the pool so maybe with your luck you'll get him down the road. Honestly Myra, LW Lenna, or Doc Aiden are all good healer units right now, so pulling any of them would work.

    Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Cruor
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Cruor wrote: »
    My current best healer is CG Fina, and then Eiko. I...haven't really spent the resources looking for a healer, but CG Fina has been good enough for everything thus far so *shrug*. I have a single K.Fina and a single Sol but again, Circe was enough to get through Moon Reborn.

    I have no idea what the robot tank is gonna be, and eSieghard is plenty good for all current stuff. I have no attachment to CG WoL honestly. I think the best niche that the robo tank could fill is a support/tank hybrid with barriers/mitigations.

    DW Galuf is sort of a full tank/DPS, CG WoL is a tank/healer, so I could see some sort of tank/buffer unit. Of course they love tank/DPS for GLEX, so he could be better Viktor type.

    Doc Aiden's in the pool so maybe you're luck will get him down the road. Honestly Myra, LW Lenna, or Doc Aiden are all good healer units right now, so pulling any of them would work.

    Still a little gutted that I got an off-banner when using tickets on the Zyrus/Aiden banner, but at least it was Agent Olive so...cool.

    I'd be entirely down for "Viktor, but good" for the new robotank. I'm still hoping that Viktor gets some good enhancements/latent abilities that bolster his tank/dps capabilities. Give him the increased chain cap for TDW, give him more TDW DEF, give him counters that increase the mods on his damaging skills, give him better mitigation on his provoke and for the love of all that is holy give him an AoE physical cover!

    maraji
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Op Z’s skills have crazy cool animations. Sort of a Fate Zero Gate of Babylon look.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    marajiCruor
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I'm up to Elena #4. I already moogled her STMR. But a dupe could come in handy if I could scrape together some gear.

    Joe Camacho MKIICruorBucketman
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    EX ticket gave me K Delita #4. I'll take another STMR

    Trajan45TipharesCruorJoe Camacho MKII
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited December 5
    I wanted a Juraga for his TMR so I used one 4* ticket and got him. I'm done with this banner, even though I love Physalis in the story. Maybe someday I'll get her for collection purposes.

    edit: Oops. Being on vacation for the past week kind of messed me up with the Narshe MK event. I did buy all of the tickets, but I had 72k of unspent currency. Oh well.

    Tiphares on
    Trajan45
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    I wanted a Juraga for his TMR so I used one 4* ticket and got him. I'm done with this banner, even though I love Physalis in the story. Maybe someday I'll get her for collection purposes.

    edit: Oops. Being on vacation for the past week kind of messed me up with the Narshe MK event. I did buy all of the tickets, but I had 72k of unspent currency. Oh well.

    Same thing but I used my 5 tickets I had left after Black Friday and didn't get him. I had over 30k lapis though so I decided why not roll the dice and do the 9+1+1 special. Got Juraga and my first double STMR; Karlotte #8. Two fancy hats for me.

    steam_sig.png
    TipharesTrajan45marajiJoe Camacho MKII
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    EX 5* came down Elephim #1. yay for upcoming buff meta I guess.

    The event is really easy, I just used Esther and friend Esther with a random unit on Odin for Fingersnap. Add lightning/buff round 1, then KO it round 2.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Tiphares
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Godrea is great for the event boss. She can chain with pretty much any friend unit on the list and imbue them and herself with dark, so no need to worry about finding a friend unit with the right elements. I just need her, Xon for Twist of Fate, and pretty much any DPS friend unit. Getting wins with 25 unique units goes pretty quick when you can bring three random units each time.

    Trajan45CruorTipharesmaraji
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited December 5
    So I'm about 500 energy into the Fallen Ice Bird trial and I just can't beat it. I hate this kind of trial so much. Needing three resists, stop protection, physical AND magic cover (obviously you just pick one and get wiped by the other attack if you're unlucky).

    Anyone able to put up an AK Rain with decent ice/wind resist and maybe a lightning weapon to simplify things?

    Craigopogo on
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Got the 5* EX ticket. That was easier than I thought it would be. I think I'll hold off on using this ticket until the Christmas units are in the pool, just in case. That should be in a week or two, at most, so no need to be hasty with it. We should be getting another two 5* EX tickets in a few days from login rewards, so that will be three to save for then.

    It's a shame that seemingly fewer people pulled for Godrea. She is so good! It would be nice to have more of her available in friend lists. I blame her iffy sprite design (although it does grow on you).

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Got the 5* EX ticket. That was easier than I thought it would be. I think I'll hold off on using this ticket until the Christmas units are in the pool, just in case. That should be in a week or two, at most, so no need to be hasty with it. We should be getting another two 5* EX tickets in a few days from login rewards, so that will be three to save for then.

    It's a shame that seemingly fewer people pulled for Godrea. She is so good! It would be nice to have more of her available in friend lists. I blame her iffy sprite design (although it does grow on you).

    Godrea is so good. I like her sprite design, and her animations are top-notch. I think a lot of the hate for her sprite is that she's female and isn't just there for waifu eye-candy. I think I still have mine set up in one of my slots, if not I'll fix that post-haste because she's awesome.

    Cururu
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    Yeah Godrea is great. There's something so satisfying looking about her lasers.

    Cururu
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Eh, her sprite just just muddled. I'm not sure the waifu thing plays much in this game outside of the CG LB stuff. Rivera, Sylvie, Yuraisha, Circe, etc all have pretty reserved sprites but are well regarded. Maybe if they had removed the googles or put them on her head instead of the pumpkin, and maybe streamlined her gun a bit better.

    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    maraji
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    So I'm about 500 energy into the Fallen Ice Bird trial and I just can't beat it. I hate this kind of trial so much. Needing three resists, stop protection, physical AND magic cover (obviously you just pick one and get wiped by the other attack if you're unlucky).

    Anyone able to put up an AK Rain with decent ice/wind resist and maybe a lightning weapon to simplify things?

    Add me if you haven't already; 768,677,851
    Nemesis 1 I put up AK Rain with 2600 ATK/12k HP and 80/60/130 Ice/Water/Wind resistance. He doesn't have a lightning weapon but he can imbue lightning on himself, so I think the bigger sword is a better option, but let me know if you want me to switch it.

    steam_sig.png
  • LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Eh, her sprite just just muddled. I'm not sure the waifu thing plays much in this game outside of the CG LB stuff. Rivera, Sylvie, Yuraisha, Circe, etc all have pretty reserved sprites but are well regarded. Maybe if they had removed the googles or put them on her head instead of the pumpkin, and maybe streamlined her gun a bit better.

    Yeah, whenever I see Godrea, if I don't look closely, it just looks like a chicken lady with a giant gun.

    steam_sig.png
    maraji
  • CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Speaking of underrated units, Lucius could probably tear through the boss given that its already weak to dark and fire, but another one of him is almost impossible to find. I did manage to clear one round with him and Malphasie, but it took longer than it should have.

  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I just ran through the event to grab all the rewards. I used eSieg and Karten (with dark claws) to AR chain the boss to dead in the first turn.

    Used the reward tickets, one of the regular tickets dropped rainbow for Doc Aiden! Yes! The 5* ticket was Tsukiko#1, which is also a great get. Two units I've wanted, and two good free TMRs.

    TipharesTrajan45Cururu
  • TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    I need to finish clearing out the previous raid coins and then start using up the Chest Quest summons for the free Doc Aiden TMR(s). That robe is going to be amazing for support and healers for status immunity and extra bulk. Of course it frees up a hat/accessory/materia slot for better stats. It definitely feels STMR level of good to me.

    Cruor
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Put up a Godrea in nemesis 1 and a Karten (with dark weapon) in nemesis 2 for the event boss. Curor is spot on with the Godrea + good DPS unit recommendation

    CruorCururu
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I'm mostly managing to bring four different dudes per run, with a basic setup of Esther, friend Esther, three randoms, and any fourth random that has a break (which has been up to here Loren, Locke, WoL, Sylvie, and Beowulf). One more sun and I'll be done.

    Steam ID: Right here.
    Cruor
  • ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Got Chocobo Fina #2 from the event 5* EX ticket. She's got a nice TMR

    Trajan45CruorTipharesShadowfireCururumaraji
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited December 6
    Got the rare on Cross Aigaion Arms, ended with 35% ATK, 20% HP. I'll take it! Now on to Ultima Weapon.

    Edit: Hell yeah, first run on Ultima Weapon got the rare, total of 27% ATK and 30% HP. Now on to...uh...Dynamo Dagger

    Cruor on
    TipharesJoe Camacho MKIIZomroTrajan45ShadowfireCururumaraji
Sign In or Register to comment.