As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    10+1 got Red XIII #1, which is a nice TMR.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Apparently the half-energy event doesn't include season 3. It's not a huge deal, but it seems petty.

[edit] Used 10 or so tickets and all the event tickets. Got little brother Elric. I should maybe keep pulling. He's a physical tank and I need one. Sieghard is starting to look a little rusty. Though I'm not sure how useful physical tanks are considering the existence of full evade gear.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    My understanding is he's pretty much a side grade to aWoL. If you have meta tanks, he's not going to raise it much but he's a collab unit, so personal preference around the collab comes into play.

• Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    My understanding is he's pretty much a side grade to aWoL. If you have meta tanks, he's not going to raise it much but he's a collab unit, so personal preference around the collab comes into play.

Don't have aWol. My only meta tanks are magical tanks. P. Cecil and a Charlotte I got randomly.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Don't have aWol. My only meta tanks are magical tanks. P. Cecil and a Charlotte I got randomly.

I'd see what comes of the 10+1's and the FMA tickets. If you don't get anything from that. Maybe it's worth chasing?

Might Help: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/elfmja/tank_watch_2020_alphonsepaladin_cecilalexander/

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

I'd see what comes of the 10+1's and the FMA tickets. If you don't get anything from that. Maybe it's worth chasing?

Might Help: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/elfmja/tank_watch_2020_alphonsepaladin_cecilalexander/

Thanks. I forgot about the 10+1s, though those aren't banner pulls, but rather ex pulls with the FMA units in the pool. Still, I've gotten lucky with those before.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Got a 4th CG Lightning from today's 10pull. Too bad item world just ended.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Okay what the fuck.

So I had 53 tickets. That's an ugly number, so I rolled 3 tickets to round it out.

First ticket, straight rainbow, Alphonse. So now I have first copies of both Edward AND Alphonse. Which sadly amounts to nothing because fuck the 7* system.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    Free 10 summon today had Kunshira #6 in it. Waiting to use the FMA tickets until the King Bradley banner because I'd like his TMR if I get lucky on one of them.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Free 10 summon had Knight Delita #5 and the 5* EX had Kurasame #3.

Still just waiting on Monday to pull for King Bradley

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    My two EX tickets (one from raid and one from login) were basic Noctis #3 and Shadowlord #1. Eh.

Daily 10-summon was all blues.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    5* EX was Ignacio#3. Close to a neat Axe but...nobody really uses axes so...meh?

• Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    5* ex was AFry #3. Not bad

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    *sighs and clicks the download button again*

Welp, time to repopulate my friends list...again...

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Welcome back! I think I still have you as a friend.

Global pandemics are a fine time to have a gacha to fall back on.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Welcome back! I think I still have you as a friend.

Global pandemics are a fine time to have a gacha to fall back on.

<3 I'm kind of sad for missing the anniversary with all the free stuff, but maybe there will be some stuff left in my inbox from it.

At least I shouldn't be too far behind given my team at the time, though now it's time to work on 7*s again. Plus whatever the hell these Latent Awakenings are.

Characters
  • Options
    Latents are pretty powerful, especially for units like Fryevia and Aurora Fryevia, if you have them. You'll need keys to unlock the stages that you then run to get Enlightenment Points, which you then use to unlock the skills. It's a lot like Enhancements with extra steps.

The keys you need can be gotten from Mog King events, Raids, etc. The FMA raid going has some keys as individual rewards.

Not sure exactly when you stopped playing, but some units have gotten some upgrades. Kryla, if you have her, is one of the best breakers in the game right now.

Also, there's a world reset event going on right now. If you go to your Daily Quests and and click the arrows, you'll see World Reset quests. Just go to where it says, complete the stage, and you'll get a.nice chunk of Lapis and some moogles/4* tickets.

If you have 10k Lapis, the Omniprism Bundle is a great buy. Omniprisms allow you to 7* any unit (even time limited units) and the extra in the bundle are nice as well.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I have none of them! I was never fortunate enough to get Fryevia :(

I did get my 7* STMR A2 though, which is who I had left up. And I think I was working at eventually 7*ing Lila.

Edit: Oh and Sephiroth! I was waiting on his 7* awakening to be released which it wasn't yet.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sadly A2 is pretty dated at this point (will still be good for like, weekly events, raids, etc). Lila is also pretty dated. One thing that happened while you were gone is STMRs triggering Trust Mastery passives, so A2 can use an elemental weapon without missing out on those passives.

If you have Tifa, she recently got enhancements and is a high tier damage dealer now at 7*.

Edit: If you want to, you could list your 5* base units and we could help by letting you know who is still worthwhile!

Cruor on
  • Options
    One thing that happened while you were gone is STMRs triggering Trust Mastery passives, so A2 can use an elemental weapon without missing out on those passives.

I'm not following. Any STMR can trigger it, so A2 can use someone else's elemental STMR and benefit from her TM passives?

Characters
  • Options
    One thing that happened while you were gone is STMRs triggering Trust Mastery passives, so A2 can use an elemental weapon without missing out on those passives.

I'm not following. Any STMR can trigger it, so A2 can use someone else's elemental STMR and benefit from her TM passives?

Ah, no, a unit's own STMR now triggers their Trust Mastery passive like their TMR would. So, if A2 has her own STMR on, she don't need to use Beastlord.

• Options

Ah, no, a unit's own STMR now triggers their Trust Mastery passive like their TMR would. So, if A2 has her own STMR on, she don't need to use Beastlord.

Oh right, I was thinking her STMR was her weapon, welp.

Characters
  • Options
    OG Lighting #6 from EX and nothing from free pull.

I'm just using tickets as we get them. Ed is pretty meta right now since GUMI didn't nerf him, so if I get one, that would be great. I'm assuming we'll get moogles for each unit in the raid, so I can use a blank container for King Bradley's TMR if needed. Kryla is ok with the other Eyepatch since it has 15% HP on it.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Edit: If you want to, you could list your 5* base units and we could help by letting you know who is still worthwhile!

Here's a list of 7* capable units:

-7* already-
    2B
    A2
    Basch
    Eiko
    Lightning
    Orlandeau
    Queen
    Ramza
    Rinoa
    Veritas of the Dark
    Wilhelm

-Could be 7*'d but not currently-
    Balthier
    CG Fina (yea I know this one's still good, I just hadn't gotten around to her yet, she's high priority eventually)
    DK Cecil...ha...ha..no
    Emperor
    Gilgamesh
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Knight Delita
    Lila (STMR available)
    Lulu
    Luneth
    Prishe
    Rem
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Sephiroth

Edit: Forgot Rinoa!
    Editx2: And Knight Delita
    Editx3: And Rem. Apparently I didn't put this list together all that well.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    2B is still a decent breaker. Basch has his enhancements now and is a pretty good all-around tank until you can pull another one. CG Fina also has her enhancements and is a pretty good healer/buffer. Eiko is definitely usable with her enhancements but she'll struggle in a lot of the latest content. Lulu just got her Latent Abilities and she's actually a top-tier mage now, but she'll be a bit of an investment as you need to enhance her and then get her Latents. She's also locked to water damage so if something resists water she'll be useless. Wilhelm is still usable as a physical tank. The rest of those units are pretty well left behind sadly.

If you want a top tier tank and/or physical damage dealer, the current FMA:B banner is worth pulling on if have the Lapis for it. Alphonse is up there with the best tanks and Edward is the top damage dealer in the game currently.

• Options
    Oh neat, abilities have an indicator of what they chain with now.

This is useful!

Characters
  • Options
    Oh neat, abilities have an indicator of what they chain with now.

This is useful!

Also, take a look at the abilities in the unit page. If you tap them it'll bring up a detailed look at the ability (hit count, damage, element, imperil and amount, breaks and amount, etc). They've added a TON of QoL features since you left.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I'm assuming these Premium 10+1 tickets from the bundle can be used whenever since it's just a regular pool of units?

Edit: They were all golds anyway :D

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh hey, Akstar. I've been wanting that TMR.

Edit: And FFX-2 Rikku. This one intrigues me since it appears to be on the current banners.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options

Edit: And FFX-2 Rikku. This one intrigues me since it appears to be on the current banners.

FFX-2 Rikku is currently the best breaker in the game. Oh! Something else that was added - you can use UoCs to get 7* awakening prisms for any non-limited unit now, and the prisms only cost 8 UoC tickets instead of 10. FFX-2 Rikku would be a prime candidate to 7* that way.

• Options

FFX-2 Rikku is currently the best breaker in the game. Oh! Something else that was added - you can use UoCs to get 7* awakening prisms for any non-limited unit now, and the prisms only cost 8 UoC tickets instead of 10. FFX-2 Rikku would be a prime candidate to 7* that way.

I currently have 18 of those now so that's worth considering. Is there a preferred order between using tickets for prisms or using an Omniprism? Which one is more rare/least efficient? I'm guessing Omniprisms are something you hold onto over UoC tickets?

Characters
  • Options
    Omniprisms are best to hold on to for limited time units, since you can't UoC them or their prisms.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Has there been a new FFXIV with 5* base Y'shtola yet?

Edit: Or rather, 5-7* base Y'shtola yet. Not the free version.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    No new Y'shtola yet. I think there's a new one in the JP version that has her Shadowbringers look, but we haven't gotten her yet.

• Options
    Omniprisms are best to hold on to for limited time units, since you can't UoC them or their prisms.

Probably just depends. I'd say this is true for most current players. But for someone coming back, who needs to upgrade at 4 or 5 different roles, I'd say use it as you see fit.

We get 2 UoC's a month roughly. Sometimes we'll get one in a login bonus or trial as extra. So it'll take 4 months to get 1 prism or 5 months for a unit. The Omniprism bundle's are 10K. Looking at the last couple months we've gotten 26K lapis in Jan and 20K in Feb. We're not sure how often the Omniprism's will be offered as they are brand new for us.

It'll probably come down to how often we see Omniprisms. We just got 2 back to back bundles. If we see them once a month, it'll be easier to spend them.

• Options
    No new Y'shtola yet. I think there's a new one in the JP version that has her Shadowbringers look, but we haven't gotten her yet.

In theory she should be coming soon. But with all the Global stuff, I'm curious if we'll get her at all. Shadowbringers will have been out for a while, and we have possible Easter and GLEX collab coming, plus unit design contest. They may start bumping some JP stuff. Normally I'd say they'd bump the SinoAlice one, but since it's now getting a GL release in July, they may just postpone it.

This banner is definitely a decent one to pull since we should have had this collab in a month or so. Ed is putting up 32b damage which throws him way ahead of most DPS units other than Madam. The downside is SR chaining isn't very expansive and with this being a limited banner, hard to tell if you'll see many friend units. Al is on par with physical tanks we have today.

Personally Rikku X-2 is amazing, I'd 7* her and then try and beat content with the folks you have. We just had a trial unlock for all old ones and it's insane how the power creep has been. My top 2 units single turn KO'd just about every trial available. So if you want a challenge, it may be better to not pull current meta units to use. Next month will be interesting. We supposedly have another Collab coming, not sure if it's a repeat or something new (FF7 remake is a strong candidate). We also possibly have Easter which last year had meta breaking units as part of it. But even if we don't get new units, we may get enhancements and a re-run of Esther/Sylvie's banner. Sylvie would be a great Support unit upgrade.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I did get to two-turn Diablos Part 2 trial that I had been putting off before I stopped, as part of the story requests, because A2 + Zeno chaining dealt ridiculous damage.

So that's been fun so far.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Okay fine now I have a Maritime Strategist Nichol in an attempt to get second FFX-II Rikku, and now after looking at his Latents I have another support to probably 7*.

Time to find some Gil.

Characters
  • Options
    Lucky for you the raid should give a bunch of Gil. Raids have changed slightly since you left, now instead of just summoning from a raid banner we summon from Raid Boxes - essentially set items that you pull. Once you clear out the box you can move on to the next box. The first box of this raid has a 5* EX ticket in it, and each of them has a good number of Gil snappers.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Also decent time to get back into with the Amazing Enhancements event going on. Increased chance for bonus XP on fusing units, so you can fuse up more cactuars or use less of them to level a unit