As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] OLD THREAD, use the new one please!

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Threw a couple tickets at the FMA banner to see if I might not be able to grab that King DPS God:

* Second Alphonse Elric. Seems like a decent 7* tank upgrade down the line if I invest a bit into him.
    * Agent Olive. Huh, didn't realize there's a new Olive. And now she chains. And has a kickin' rad TMR.

She...might be a decent upgrade to A2? I like the two imbues she has.

They made a batch of 'secret agent' style units from previous characters. They got released around Black Friday. Agent Olive, Doctor Aiden, Operative Zyrus and Mastermind Xon. They all have super cool black costumes and are all pretty solid. I've got Aiden and Xon, and Doc Aiden is one of my go to healers.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Threw a couple tickets at the FMA banner to see if I might not be able to grab that King DPS God:

* Second Alphonse Elric. Seems like a decent 7* tank upgrade down the line if I invest a bit into him.
    * Agent Olive. Huh, didn't realize there's a new Olive. And now she chains. And has a kickin' rad TMR.

She...might be a decent upgrade to A2? I like the two imbues she has.

Al is a top tier tank, he'll be a great replacement for Wilhelm. Congrats! Also, Agent Olive is pretty great, she does a lot of damage. Along with Olive also came new versions of Aiden (top tier healer), Zyrus (high tier mage), and Xon (chaining, utility, able to spread imbues/killers/whatever from one party member to the entire party)

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah the Black Friday banner was pretty great, all the units were good. Agent Olive is going to be way better than A2. She also comes with a 'Magus Ability', which are new for GL exclusive units. They have limited uses per battle but are really strong.

I'd probably wait to use a UoC or anything till we hear about this April collab. There is a chance it's Nier and both GLEX units get enhancements.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Does anyone else use Discord for this game? I'm struggling to find new friends. A lot of my current group is stale and instead of trying folks out to see who they have in their other slots, seem like maybe going about this outside the game may be better.
    I use the Discord server setup by Gonzy and Sinzar. They are always active and very helpful. https://discord.gg/Nwq7Dd5

Thanks, I'll see about joining.

• Options
    If the collab is Nier and A2 gets great enhancements/latents I could buy her prism to 7* her. I feel like they'd have to pull an Ellesperis and allow Beastlord to be crafted into a 2H weapon and her enhancements would have to change her DH into TDH. If not then she'll be stuck as a DH unit with no ability to use a weapon with good variance, and even with her STMR she has no innate TDH.

Or...she does have innate DW and 40% TDW. If her enhancements/latents give her TDW mastery (6x chain cap when DW) then that would solve her DH and TMR problems much easier.

• Options
    Yeah she's really strange. Lots of weapons, TMR not TDH, and innate dual wield. Then you give her 150% innate TDH? Hopefully those are prime candidates for enhancement and switching over to TDW and 6x cap.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Trying to build Olive makes me realize just how shit support I have for guns.

I would almost think A2 would also need modifier boosts to her chain ability for her enhancements to bring her up.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Yeah she's really strange. Lots of weapons, TMR not TDH, and innate dual wield. Then you give her 150% innate TDH? Hopefully those are prime candidates for enhancement and switching over to TDW and 6x cap.

It's not even TDH, it's regular old DH.
    Trying to build Olive makes me realize just how shit support I have for guns.

I would almost think A2 would also need modifier boosts to her chain ability for her enhancements to bring her up.

Oh yeah, she'll definitely need modifier boosts and potentially having her W-cast upgraded to T-cast.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Oh hey, Elena #2! Nice!

Rather considering throwing the STMR tickets at her, to be quite honest.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    FF9 is the banner this week which is a Mog King. I wish FMA and FF9 had been reversed. I'm sitting on something like 25 5* Ex Tickets, 150 regular tickets of varying degrees, 15 10+1 tickets and 20 or so 5* tickets and a pile of lapis. Would've been nice to be able to use the Ex tickets for both FMA and FF9 at the same time, but the FMA characters will be out of the Ex pool before the FF9 characters go in I think right?

• Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    That is correct. The FMA characters drop out of the EX and 10+1 ticket summon pools after maintenance.

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    FF9 is the banner this week which is a Mog King. I wish FMA and FF9 had been reversed. I'm sitting on something like 25 5* Ex Tickets, 150 regular tickets of varying degrees, 15 10+1 tickets and 20 or so 5* tickets and a pile of lapis. Would've been nice to be able to use the Ex tickets for both FMA and FF9 at the same time, but the FMA characters will be out of the Ex pool before the FF9 characters go in I think right?

Yeah, EX pool is only one week.
    But a new Mog King means more tickets, so I blew mine on the Roy/Bradley banner hoping to save a moogle prism. Took my entire stash of 15 whole tickets, but the very last dropped rainbow for King Bradley so now I'm a pirate.

Free 10 pull was a double rainbow too; Tifa #9 (ew) and Nagi #4 (hurray!). I'll take that STMR, thank you very much.

• Options
    My free Summon had Squall #4 in it. Not bad. Just in time for Esther enhancements!

• Options
    I'm currently playing through FFIX for the first time on Steam and I'm really enjoying it a lot. Up there with my favorite FFs so far. Don't think I'll be pulling on the banner, however.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    I'm currently playing through FFIX for the first time on Steam and I'm really enjoying it a lot. Up there with my favorite FFs so far. Don't think I'll be pulling on the banner, however.

I really loved it, I'd say it may be my favorite. But I'll also be skipping the banner. Seems like GUMI is getting smart about leaving FF main cast units as slightly under-powered since folks will pull on nostalgia and then throwing FFBE or Collab units as meta changing.

Doesn't help that my lapis is pretty low ha.

• Options
    Pretty happy with Ed so far. He's sort of a new Randi, lots of elements and really easy to gear. I can max out attack while leaving one materia slot open for killers or elemental resists. I do hope we get some more SR chainers to help find friend units.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I don't know what it is, but for some reason I always get more excited about new, unknown stuff rather than the FF characters for the most part. Like, yeah, cool, the FF characters can satisfy my nostalgia but I already know them and what they're all about.

Looking at my main team, it's 100% GLEX characters at the moment (Lucas, Qin, Doc Aiden, Levinson, Kryla) and almost all of them are limited units.
    Pretty happy with Ed so far. He's sort of a new Randi, lots of elements and really easy to gear. I can max out attack while leaving one materia slot open for killers or elemental resists. I do hope we get some more SR chainers to help find friend units.

SR family is going to fill up really fast. Pretty much every physical chainer (that we know about thanks to JP) coming in the next few months will be in the SR family. I assume GLEX characters will be a mix of BS, AK, SR, and other randoms like AZ.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Beatrix's latent abilities look pretty decent, but are they able to help her out is the main question. Not sure who could pair with her considering most AMoE units tend to T-cast and it looks like she's stuck with W-cast.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Since I misread it the first time, he is now forever known as Radish Thief Zidane.

Characters
  • Options
    At first I was excited but Beatrix's modifier doesn't beat 50x, and with only W-cast that's less than Tifa does. She does have the benefit of having her Light Imperil attached to her chaining move but she still needs a turn and a half of setup before she can start doing damage (CD that boosts mods and unlocks W-cast, and then W-cast her Sword of the Clear Mind + Saint Bringer). She can be a pretty competent breaker but again needs a turn or so to set that up, so you need a first turn breaker before she can get going.

• Options
    Sucks Beatrix isn't a bonus unit. I'm going to be hurting some kind of way for this MK event with only a 6* Eiko and 1 Steiner.

• Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    The Zeromus series boss battle can suck it. I'm up to ten or twelve attempts and I can't get further than turn 7. It almost always AoE dispels my team, kills my tanks, and then AoE fire kills the party next turn. I keep reading about how easy this one is and I just don't see it. I might be able to pull off some kind of raise/re-raise thing for the turn after the tanks die. Otherwise it seems impossible.

I gave Braska's Final Aeon a shot and died under mysterious circumstances on turn 9. It did Curse and everyone instantly died for some reason. I'll have to try that one again later.

• Options
    3,953 energy to catchup on the story, not including half-story energy cost promotions which I assume won't be permanent.

This...could take a bit. On the plus side, that's a little over 32,500 lapis sitting there.

Characters
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    On the bright side that's only 396 energy refill items to burn. A few weeks of the wheel will get you plenty.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    World Revisit part 3 is live now. Good of Gumi to have it start today before the MK event.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I hate the RNG in this game. I've gone over a 100 pulls without a rainbow, I think. 10 pulls daily for nearly a week. 40 pulls from regular and 4* tickets. 10+1 from ticket today. 2 premium 10+1 tickets.

Nothing. Pulling isn't fun. It's just painful. And it gets even more painful as your stash dwindles into nothingness.

5% rainbow rate? I call bullshit. Guaranteed rainbows from step-ups and tickets. Those are the only things that matter.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    10+1 ticket got me a rainbow, Malphasie numer 9. What is it with me and Malph, I swear. Am I attractive to birds or something.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    My Free 10 pull today was 10 blues. Oh well.

Half NRG campaign is going on for another week. I knocked out everything from world revisit pt 3 except the esper fights on one full NRG bar. I actually spent most of it admiring the gorgeous backgrounds. They did a superb job on the artwork for this game.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    Got FID #2 from the free 10+1. I leveled her up as she still seems pretty useful as a breaker/backup healer.

• Options
    It's actually just a Free 10 summon. No +1 in there, unless you're referring to the 10+1 ticket we got today.

• Options
    Dryspell for me on the 10 summons and the 10+1. I did hit the Gil cap while summoning through the Raid boxes so I 7*'d a bunch of random units including Agent Olive.

The world revisit quests this time give a really good chunk of Lapis. I'm not done with them yet but I was not expecting to be back up to over 45k so quickly.

• Options
    Yeah I meant the 10 free summon. I'm saving my 10+1 till tomorrow in hopes of at least maybe pulling some 4* FF9 units.

• Options
    April Fool's unit up. If only I had a few CG Bartz TMRs I could optimize him a bit more.

• Options
    I setup Eiko decked out for mag and AZ chaining (Priestess Attire) for bonus tomorrow. I'm not sure if she'll be able to solo dps, but she should be pretty strong.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I setup Eiko decked out for mag and AZ chaining (Priestess Attire) for bonus tomorrow. I'm not sure if she'll be able to solo dps, but she should be pretty strong.

Hrm, that is a pretty good idea. I'll do the same.

Edit: Got mine to 2156 MAG, not sure what type of enemies are in the event but I'll switch the Esper for appropriate killers once I know.

Cruor on
  • Options
    I have a leveled up Steiner as well to do AOE 40% DEF/SPR breaks for me. I may enhance that break to 50% because it's cheap.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    I don't think I'll need breaks, I have a 5* Eiko I'll level up and throw some MAG gear on to chain with my 7* Eiko. I don't think she'll need to be very strong since she'll basically just be there to chain with. Probably throw World Destroyer on someone just in case.

Cruor on
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Hrm, that is a pretty good idea. I'll do the same.

Edit: Got mine to 2156 MAG, not sure what type of enemies are in the event but I'll switch the Esper for appropriate killers once I know.

I don't know what other monster types are in there but the boss / last fight in the stage is a Plant.

• Options
    I really wish they'd just make item world permanent. They could move refresh orbs to the ad wheel, arena, and daily coin shop.

• Options
    I really wish they'd just make item world permanent. They could move refresh orbs to the ad wheel, arena, and daily coin shop.

I thought it was strange that we got IW Orbs as rewards in the FFX-2 exploration stages. I'd like to see them as rewards in more things.

At the very least IW should last for two weeks like it does in JP.