As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Went to the new Lego store here in Ottawa with my daughter.

They had a big ‘ol “build your own mini fig” station in the middle of the store so I let her go at it. That only took three hours... sheeeeesh!

I’m glad she had fun though!

How many did you build during that time?

A whole 3 (!). I know, I know. That's the deal they were offering, build your own mini-figs, 3 for 15$. They give you a little blister pack to store them in when you're done. We made one based on her (with fairy wings), one based on Nanny (with a snake staff) and one based on me (we found a perfect head that matched me, glasses and beard, with a purple laptop, my favorite color). If I find them I'll try to remember to post a pic.

Part of the reason it took so long (aside from having to try every possible combination available) was that halfway through, she had to go to the bathroom, then she got distracted by the nearby Lego checkers set you could play with so, of course, I had to give her a crash course on how to play that.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I would have bought that ucs atlantis in a heartbeat.

even tho discovery is the best.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

It's kind of a shame, because the Ideas program is producing a TON of cool sets. Obviously not all of them are feasible for Lego, but for things like that I'd love it if the plans were made available. And they might be- I haven't looked!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I was hoping for the UCS Atlantis, but figured that would not happen. The smaller NASA set would have been cool as well.

But we all know the best Shuttle was Challenger (OV-099). May she and her crew always be remembered.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I don't have the time, money, or space to justify it, but that Blacksmith set is tempting and testing my resolve.

Doubly so when the place I got the Falcon's lighting rig inevitably announces a nice warm flickering kit for the Blacksmith. Damn, that'd be awesome.

And even better if I grabbed an extra black light and put one of the old school glow in the dark ghosts in a window!

... hrm ... fuck.

/Witcher

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    discovery has most space time, most flights, flew all the return to flight missions, and launched the hubble. it is my precious space child and i will not hear a word against it.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I was hoping for the UCS Atlantis, but figured that would not happen. The smaller NASA set would have been cool as well.

But we all know the best Shuttle was Challenger (OV-099). May she and her crew always be remembered.

A teacher at my elementary school was one of the runner ups to be on the shuttle. I don't remember all the details because I wasn't in her class and I was only in like 3rd grade. During the launch she had her class in the library to watch. For some reason I was in the library working on some sort of project. That explosion will always be burnt into my memory; both the shock of the explosion and the teacher's grief. Challenger will always be the first shuttle I think about when it they get mentioned.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Still waiting for the Pirate Bay ideas set...

oh h*ck
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »

Lego torrents?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Part of me wants the return of Lego knights as it was the bread and butter pre star wars for lego

• Options

Lego torrents?

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fcf1dec0-bdf7-48c7-9da7-95fd68e41480

oh h*ck
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Part of me wants the return of Lego knights as it was the bread and butter pre star wars for lego

This is me but for Lego Space.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Lego space castles

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Lego space castles

Hey, I enjoyed a lot of Nexo Knights!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Lego space castles

Warhammer 40k Lego.

I don't even care if it's officially branded. Just give me space shit with a medieval aesthetic and fantasy races.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Will Arnett is absolutely killing it in this LEGO show.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    Elbasunu wrote: »

I missed this week's since I fell asleep before it showed. Can't wait to watch it sometime this weekend.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

He really is. I'm especially enjoying the outright stating of reality show tropes. And some of the builds have been extremely impressive.

• Options
    ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    I ordered the Bantha (x2!!) and Mandalorian battle pack and built them with my kids this weekend. My kids are older and don't want to do a lot of things with dad, but there was no hesitation when I asked them.

The Banthas are awesome. I got two (single file, to hide their numbers) and the builds are really clever. I really love my Dewback from earlier, and now I wish I bought two. But they are the same scale and super cute. They have these funny little flat top tiles that are notched (my daughter thought they were broken) but they help them look shaggy. The heads are hilarious. I got the Mandalorians just to have a bunch of mini figs to go with the bounty hunter pack.

The Sky hoppers/speeder bikes are not that interesting to me, but I do like having the extra parts. I do like making up little ships, but these particular builds are not that interesting in of themselves. My only other criticism is that the shooting blasters are too large and don't look very good. Regular modeled blasters would be better. Now I'm hot for the Mandalorian AT-AS with the actual Mando and Cara.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    More like, we're getting multiple Baby Yoda's in September!

Maximum on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    i hope they have The Child in a less expensive set. That razorcrest doesn't look great to me....

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    Actual Razor Crest Lego from NY Toy Fair 2020 (Short description is halfway down the page. The rest is all regular Star Wars/Mandalorian toys and plushes):
    lego-mandalorian-transport-shuttle.jpg

There will be BrickHeadz too.

Better link:
    Brothers Brick has more detail. Available this summer.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    $130 for 1023 pieces seems a little steep.

Figure that extra $30 is split evenly between the Star Wars tax and a general “people will pay for Baby Yoda”

• Options
    It looks like there's a decent amount of printing too? ... oh, who are we kidding, it'll be stickers.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    It looks like there's a decent amount of printing too? ... oh, who are we kidding, it'll be stickers.

Yeah, the detail on the engines makes me nervous just thinking about a sticker that big.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Hahaha it comes with a baby puncher.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    Hahaha it comes with a baby puncher.

Also comes with a heavily armed nanny droid.

• Options

"carbonite bounty elements inside"

Wonder what that means? Obviously they are not the Carbonite slabs like the Han one since those would be in the included figures lineup right?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Wonder what that means? Obviously they are not the Carbonite slabs like the Han one since those would be in the included figures lineup right?

Not sure what else that could be referring too. Maybe some kind of carbon freezing build in the hold? Seems like that would be a bigger draw to mention.
    I'd imagine they're just grey slabs representing bounties, but since none of those were actually characters in the show they're not named.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Not sure what else that could be referring too. Maybe some kind of carbon freezing build in the hold? Seems like that would be a bigger draw to mention.
    I'd imagine they're just grey slabs representing bounties, but since none of those were actually characters in the show they're not named.

Oh yeah true. Slabs with stickers... Or I just thought of it, maybe just the carbonizing equipment inside.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    I’ll wait for the set with LEGO Werner Herzog.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Wait. Pre-order, from Lego itself? Have they ever done that before?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What is this in reference to?

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    What is this in reference to?

The Mandalorian sets. You can pre-order them on the Lego site.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I think they've been doing pre-orders on the Lego site for a long time, although I think at least some pre-orders were only available to Lego VIP members.

• Options
  • Options

They can't all be laser targeted at my specific interests.

• Options

I shared this and some people I know are excited for them. So yep, there are some out there who wanted these.

oosik_betsuni.png
This discussion has been closed.