As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I think that top picture might be from the Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo Land set. Colors match and you can see a Unikitty tail in the bottom bag.

Ahh I forgot about Lego movie using a lot of those colors. Was scouring the friends sets

Upon further review the top bag is definitely not from CCL as the aqua 4x6 is not from that set and it looks like maybe there's a Friends hat in there. But the bottom bag might still be.

Unikitty was enough of a clue that I think it's 41451 Unikitty Cloud Car , from the mini unikitty sets

lots of matches on the rarer pieces, like the chest bottom and the flower

edit: My god there are a bajillion small star wars sets that are grey vehicles with a single stormtrooper

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    I think that top picture might be from the Lego Movie Cloud Cuckoo Land set. Colors match and you can see a Unikitty tail in the bottom bag.

Ahh I forgot about Lego movie using a lot of those colors. Was scouring the friends sets

Upon further review the top bag is definitely not from CCL as the aqua 4x6 is not from that set and it looks like maybe there's a Friends hat in there. But the bottom bag might still be.

Unikitty was enough of a clue that I think it's 41451 Unikitty Cloud Car , from the mini unikitty sets

edit: My god there are a bajillion small star wars sets that are grey vehicles with a single stormtrooper

Don't know if you saw my edit but I think it's the First Order Snowspeeder set.

• Options
    nwrabenwrabe Insidious Squid Registered User regular
    You can try to ask on bricks.stackexchange.com as it’s a pretty common question. The method people there use is to find a relatively rare part and go through the sets that used it to see what’s a possible match.

• Options

Don't know if you saw my edit but I think it's the First Order Snowspeeder set.

I did not , and ya i think that's it. Good work all :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Ok Lego thread I have a puzzle for you all maybe?!

A while back I bought a tub of used lego (been snatching cheap bulk when able towards a mega moc)

Finally got around to digging thru and sorting it a bit and at the bottom were some still bagged pieces.

Unnumbered but official looking bags , and one tiny piece bag matching a slightly bigger large piece bag. I think they might be full small box sets. But which sets.

Star Wars and Friends based on minifig in one and the colors of the other to help narrow down
    (Have pics coming phone being a jerk)
    edit:viif83v2pobi.jpg
    cwxuetz7czso.jpg

Any chance we can get a clearer shot of the Stormtrooper looking helmet in that second one?
    I feel like that's a pretty unique looking piece and should be able to use that to track down a small set.

Edit: With the tip that it's a Snowtrooper, maybe this one?
    https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/first-order-snowspeeder-75126

see317 on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hi Lego-thread, my partner's birthday is coming up and she's asked for a Lego Creator Expert house. It's a bit of a series, including the Parisian bakery I've seen a few pages back. I'm not very good at keeping up with Lego stuff (used to live and breath Lego Technic as a kid), so I was wondering if there's more in the same series that I'm missing?

I found:

10232 Palace Cinema
    10243 Parisian Restaurant
    10255 Assembly Square
    10260 Downtown Diner
    10264 Garage on the corner
    10270 book shop

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    Hi Lego-thread, my partner's birthday is coming up and she's asked for a Lego Creator Expert house. It's a bit of a series, including the Parisian bakery I've seen a few pages back. I'm not very good at keeping up with Lego stuff (used to live and breath Lego Technic as a kid), so I was wondering if there's more in the same series that I'm missing?

I found:

10232 Palace Cinema
    10243 Parisian Restaurant
    10255 Assembly Square
    10260 Downtown Diner
    10264 Garage on the corner
    10270 book shop

Probably hard to find but:
    10218 Pet Shop
    10246 Detective Agency

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They’re all here:

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=S&catString=710

You’ll have to filter out the promo mini sets from the real ones but just look for ~2000 pieces instead of ~200.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Awesome, thanks you guys!

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    God Almighty, scrubbing and soaking like three hundred mega blocks is nothing I'd wish on anyone.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    God Almighty, scrubbing and soaking like three hundred mega blocks is nothing I'd wish on anyone.

I wonder if a little air compressor would be worth the investment at that point. Both for speed and thoroughness in drying

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Now think of how much scrubbing and disenfecting we're having to do nowadays for the pandemic. :)

(Seriously, though, good on you for cleaning and such. :) )

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Just finished the Hidden Side Lighthouse. It looks great, was missing a very minor piece so I'll have to request a replacement but I could finish the kit without it. Great combination with the shrimp boat and shop on a shelf and the way the building is at a non right angle is really neat.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    My treehouse finally came in. It's gigantic!
    I didn't realize it was 3k pieces, easily the biggest instruction book I've ever seen.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    My treehouse finally came in. It's gigantic!
    I didn't realize it was 3k pieces, easily the biggest instruction book I've ever seen.

Get the UCS Millennium Falcon and cry when you see the instruction book. I know I did when I pulled it out.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Just finished the Hidden Side Lighthouse. It looks great, was missing a very minor piece so I'll have to request a replacement but I could finish the kit without it. Great combination with the shrimp boat and shop on a shelf and the way the building is at a non right angle is really neat.

If I'm missing a little piece a lot of times it snuck perfectly into the edge of the seam of the corner of a bag, so double check those if didn't

(Like stuck in good/doesn't come out on a shake )

• Options

If I'm missing a little piece a lot of times it snuck perfectly into the edge of the seam of the corner of a bag, so double check those if didn't

Just before bed last night I found it actually. It was wedged in the instruction manual somehow. It was just a piece for the AR spinner thing but I was glad to spot it. I'm sure by the time I ordered and received a replacement I would have lost the decal sheet for it!

I do think I'll ghost up all the characters but leave the sets untransformed.

• Options
    Since you folks are the only people I have that will appreciate my display - I have to share. Pardon the little dust (it's where my fan is usually clipped on and I forgot to wipe it down).

Spoilered for size:
    8azgbmplug6q.jpg

3kl1jggb84gb.jpg

0kn0yn2qjrr4.jpg

And my Dimensions Shelf (the other figures/vehicles are in sectional storage things from Home Depot):
    uh7apzrok8wr.jpg

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    That moose is fantastic!

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    I had a couple of sets in my wishlist on the lego store just waiting to become available for purchase and one of them sold out/out of stock faster than I could even see. I've been looking almost daily too. At least the set that my son wanted for his B-Day was there.

People buying lego are rabid.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    That is a really nice diorama with the sets! I love the Dimensions sets in the shelf thing, it really does look like it was custom made for them.

Edit: Spelling.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish I wasn't out of room for Lego. I would totally buy the Hidden side stuff. Might still..

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wish I wasn't out of room for Lego. I would totally buy the Hidden side stuff. Might still..

I'm out of room displaying all the built kits we have and yet still buy more. =P That's what closets are for!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'm out of room displaying all the built kits we have and yet still buy more. =P That's what closets are for!

Please see rants in the D&D chat thread on why this is a bad idea for me. I'm pretty "sitting on the fence" with many of the Hidden Side sets, so it's easier to justify not getting them -- even knowing they are set to be discontinued.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    These are the only ones that really caught my eye (well, and the school bus was pretty neat). I have very little shelf space available so I really have to think before jumping on new sets. I just have the shelves in the pictures and then a book shelf in the bedroom but that has other stuff on it too. That one holds my summer vehicles (sunny camper van, Joker Cadillac, ice cream truck) and my winter ski lodges (Creator and Friends).

My Dimensions shelf was a barn find at an estate sale - I paid like $3 for it.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Betsuni wrote: »

Please see rants in the D&D chat thread on why this is a bad idea for me. I'm pretty "sitting on the fence" with many of the Hidden Side sets, so it's easier to justify not getting them -- even knowing they are set to be discontinued.

I have set my limits on which kits I do buy, but every so often a kit comes out and I have to buy it for one reason or another. Luckily most of those have been small. Like the NES Classic, 1980's Batmobile, Lamborghini... Ok, so not THAT small, but they are random at least! We did snag most of the Mario sets and after my wife built a few I so need to clean house and make room for them since they are so cool looking.

We are thinking of putting up shelving around artwork to display the Disney Frozen kits with their related artwork, some Disney ones around the random Lilo and Stitch pieces, etc. That way we can clear some shelves for other kits. Eventually I'll be forced to dismantle some of my Star Wars kits to make room for other Star Wars kits since most of those are bulky. Plus my niece and nephew probably won't be around for a while so I don't need to leave them out for them to play with.
    These are the only ones that really caught my eye (well, and the school bus was pretty neat). I have very little shelf space available so I really have to think before jumping on new sets. I just have the shelves in the pictures and then a book shelf in the bedroom but that has other stuff on it too. That one holds my summer vehicles (sunny camper van, Joker Cadillac, ice cream truck) and my winter ski lodges (Creator and Friends).

My Dimensions shelf was a barn find at an estate sale - I paid like $3 for it.

I love estate sales... Miss going to them to pick up some really nice older pieces.

Edit: Added in quote to avoid double posting.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    That moose is fantastic!

I have that set and I totally got it mostly for the moose heh

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    I was getting nostalgic for one of the first LEGO sets I can remember getting and seeing if I could find it for sale. Not sure I can justify $50 minimum for a used one though.

Set 6346 Shuttle Launching Crew released in 1992.

I remember really liking the truck in the set as well as the shuttle of course.

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options

Just before bed last night I found it actually. It was wedged in the instruction manual somehow. It was just a piece for the AR spinner thing but I was glad to spot it. I'm sure by the time I ordered and received a replacement I would have lost the decal sheet for it!

I do think I'll ghost up all the characters but leave the sets untransformed.

Ya Lego one of the few products in my life that has had such quality control, that my first instinct if a piece is missing is that I have misplaced it, because I think maybe once was a piece actually missing compared to the dozens of times I found it

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Just won my first eBay auction, for the detective agency set (second hand but half of the bags haven't been opened)

Happy early birthday to me, I guess

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    And any detective needs a diner to eat in, and a boxing gym where a match-fixing scam is going on, and a bookshop for some reason...

Oh dear

• Options
    And any detective needs a diner to eat in, and a boxing gym where a match-fixing scam is going on, and a bookshop for some reason...

Oh dear

Yeah no but hear me out...
    So the detective has a loving wife who loves to read. And every week she goes to this lovely bookstore and buys a book. One night during an investigation the detective is completely stuck and is sitting at home gnashing his teeth and his wife looks up from her book, smiles mildly at her husband and tells him some random factoid from her book. But get this, that factoid actually makes the detective rethink a previous hint from his case. He shoots up from his chair, excitedly kisses his wife and runs out the door whilst putting his big beige rain coat on. His wife looks flabbergasted, then laughs her little laugh and continues reading.

Somehow the nearly exact same thing happens every episode and the audience actually loves these little moments more than all the action scenes combined.

• Options
    The bookstore looks to only have Moby Brick in stock

There are going to be a lot of whaling-themed mysteries

"Scrimshaw" is a good name for a detective

Maybe I should get some nautical sets and make this a fishing town, like that haunted lighthouse

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    That shrimp boat will be needed to take the detective to the light house to investigate. Also he will be meeting a contact at the seedy shrimp restaurant later.

Also that tie fighter looks suspicious.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Swedish meatball magnates IKEA are releasing Lego storage with integrated building surfaces.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    The bookstore looks to only have Moby Brick in stock

There are going to be a lot of whaling-themed mysteries

"Scrimshaw" is a good name for a detective

Maybe I should get some nautical sets and make this a fishing town, like that haunted lighthouse

They're hiding out at the giant ship in a bottle again, detective!

• Options
    The Mystery of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator

Also It's Hidden In PS5 Valley, Next To Fancy Gin Mountain

• Options
    Also the wife has an addiction to building life size star wars ships. Don't worry, for you that's just UCS size

• Options
    Swedish meatball magnates IKEA are releasing Lego storage with integrated building surfaces.
    The press release from IKEA, with a bit more text. It's all very much "We Here at [megacorp] Care For The Succulent Young Humanoids"-marketing speak, but still.

https://newsroom.inter.ikea.com/news/play--display-and-replay--ikea--and-the-lego-group-introduce-bygglek---a-creative-solution-that-inte/s/8a45b761-b03d-4b50-b07a-7269c48df793

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    The press release from IKEA, with a bit more text. It's all very much "We Here at [megacorp] Care For The Succulent Young Humanoids"-marketing speak, but still.

https://newsroom.inter.ikea.com/news/play--display-and-replay--ikea--and-the-lego-group-introduce-bygglek---a-creative-solution-that-inte/s/8a45b761-b03d-4b50-b07a-7269c48df793

I both love this, and can't help but think, why wasn't something like this done decades ago?

This discussion has been closed.