As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Well I have bought a bunch of the Lego Looney Tunes minifigure packs to try and make a set, but ended up with a bunch of duplicates. Hoping to help fellow collectors out by not having to buy a ton of bags like I did. I just opened the bags to see what was in there, but didn't dump them out.

4x Road Runner
    4x Lola Bunny
    2x Marvin Martian
    2x Speedy Gonzales
    2x Petunia Pig
    3x Daffy Duck
    1x Tasmanian Devil
    1x Porky Pig

I'd be open for trades to get Sylvester and Wile E. Coyote since they are the two that are eluding me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Today some avengers sets leaked. One of them was an Iron Monger set.

Why yes, Lego. I will take any opportunity I can to own Jeff Bridges in Lego form.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Man, I want that Infinity Gauntlet. There is suspicion that this set will have the most gold-lacquered pieces of any set (I think both by count and percent of pieces?). Get ready for some gaudy-ass MOCs, y'all.

• Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Man, I want that Infinity Gauntlet. There is suspicion that this set will have the most gold-lacquered pieces of any set (I think both by count and percent of pieces?). Get ready for some gaudy-ass MOCs, y'all.

Gold Lego NES Zelda cartridge!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I'm thinking Hyper Mode God Gundam

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

Gold Lego NES Zelda cartridge!
    Oh snap, that's a really good call!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Gotta accessorize your Lego NES somehow!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Vp325vPh.jpg

xzOY7ADh.jpg

2uRg9Hch.jpg
    After the release of 21325 Medieval Blacksmith, the rumours of a new Castle set did the rounds, and it looks like the result is 31120 Medieval Castle! I’m not sure many of us were expecting it to turn up in the Creator 3-in-1 range, but we’ve ended up with three fantastic-looking Castle-inspired models that really do the theme justice.

https://brickset.com/article/59394/review-31120-medieval-castle#.YJ50jLttwcY.twitter

• Options
    BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Now that I have a couple shelves for my stuff, I've started buying the Marvel mechs because they're the right amount of silly for me. Unfortunately, my daughter likes to repeatedly inform me that she can easily reach my toys, and she will play with them when I'm not looking. Then she cackles and runs away.

The little mechs are fun, and now I'm starting to look at those Ninjago ones. If Lego and Battletech ever got together, I'd be in some serious trouble.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Even if you're not into FFXIV, this is a pretty impressive feat: https://youtu.be/i6eHuLskqTU
    The thumbnail doesn't really tell you what you're in for though.

Renzo on
  • Options
    That's a hell of a buried lede.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »

Why yes, Lego. I will take any opportunity I can to own Jeff Bridges in Lego form.

Brothers Brick has some pictures of the summer sets.
    https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/05/14/summer-lego-marvel-super-heroes-sets-revealed-online-news/#more-322411

Do I really need a 4th version of the Guardian's ship? No.
    Am I going to get it anyway? Almost certainly.

• Options
    Aw man, how many times can I resist temptation to buy it???

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    see317 wrote: »

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2021/05/14/summer-lego-marvel-super-heroes-sets-revealed-online-news/#more-322411

Technically it is the Benetar, so it will only be the second version!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Guardian's ship one of the few sets loaded with orange bricks too

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

Good point... I can resist it a second time. Wait, are you also counting the polybag version?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Vp325vPh.jpg

xzOY7ADh.jpg

2uRg9Hch.jpg
    After the release of 21325 Medieval Blacksmith, the rumours of a new Castle set did the rounds, and it looks like the result is 31120 Medieval Castle! I’m not sure many of us were expecting it to turn up in the Creator 3-in-1 range, but we’ve ended up with three fantastic-looking Castle-inspired models that really do the theme justice.

https://brickset.com/article/59394/review-31120-medieval-castle#.YJ50jLttwcY.twitter

Now I am curious what the basic kit looks like and how much

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

Good point... I can resist it a second time. Wait, are you also counting the polybag version?

I was not counting it. I tried to get one, but didn't hop on it soon enough.

• Options
    edited May 2021
    jzJRNyh.jpg

TraC1R7.jpg

M22GBuQ.jpg

29NOmDA.jpg
    The LEGO Group has officially unveiled the tallest and most minifigure-heavy LEGO Marvel set to date, 76178 Daily Bugle.

Standing a whopping 82cm tall and populated by an incredible 25 minifigures, 76178 Daily Bugle is basically the greatest LEGO love letter to Spider-Man ever released. And it boasts the piece count to match, coming in at a cool 3,772 bricks – which also makes it not only the largest LEGO Spider-Man set ever, but the biggest LEGO Marvel set, too.

Thankfully, it looks like the design team behind 76178 Daily Bugle took a little time out from shattering records to also focus on delivering a genuinely brilliant LEGO set. There’s a full interior behind the gleaming windows of the skyscraper, and individual floors and even walls can be removed to access the offices of J. Jonah Jameson, Peter Parker and more.

[...]

The full cast of minifigures includes (deep breath): Spider-Man, Spider-Ham, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, Aunt May, J. Jonah Jameson, Ben Urich, Robbie Robertson, Betty Brant, Black Cat, Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, Fire Star, Green Goblin, Venom, Carnage, Mysterio, Sandman, Doctor Octopus, a newspaper worker, a New York taxi driver, and a receptionist.

https://www.brickfanatics.com/lego-marvel-76178-daily-bugle-officially-revealed/

Brolo on
  • Options
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I absolutely love it. But....they drop a Firestar in there and not include Iceman? Spider-Buggy is fantastic. Also is that a 6 wide Taxi? I like it!

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
  • Options
    Comes out June 1st for $299

which... is actually a decent part/price ratio especially given the amount of minifigs that come with it?

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Holy Fuck.

Edit: The punisher is packing serious heat!

Edit2 : OMG It just dawned on me that it's fully enclosed!

Athenor on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I'm not a huge spider man guy, but that's gorgeous AND it has a Blade minifig!!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    I absolutely love it. But....they drop a Firestar in there and not include Iceman? Spider-Buggy is fantastic. Also is that a 6 wide Taxi? I like it!

I'd imagine that mutants where there are no forward plans for using them (i.e. Scarlet Witch) are still verboten per mouse.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »

I'd imagine that mutants where there are no forward plans for using them (i.e. Scarlet Witch) are still verboten per mouse.

Might be more accurate to say that Firestar was created for the cartoon, so she is technically a Spider-Man character and is therefore easier to get approval for. Punisher works that way too.

But then Blade and Daredevil kinda blow that theory all to hell.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    I actually think that Daily Bugle may be a bit to "play set" like for me but I'm glad other people are pumped for it.
    I do like the level of calamity it has with the minifigs though.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Blade seems like a really odd choice, unless one of the “random” minifigs has a vampire face on the other side.

Also a little disappointed that there’s no Electro or Vulture...basically no “traditional” Sinister Six.

I would probably ditch Ham, Gwen, and Miles for MJ, Electro, and I’m not sure about the third yet...Morbius, maybe?

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    That set looks incredible. The minifig selection alone is killer.

I see that Tiago Catarino has a review up. Haven't had time to watch it yet, but here it is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E15Af5TpbrA

That set is gigantic. Like damn, I want to buy that, but where the f am I supposed to put it? I guess I can throw out all my books, it's not like I've had time to read anything in the last year.

• Options
    I just... Want that so bad. But I don't think I can justify 300 for it. I have nowhere to put it... But God damn that's appealing to the 10 year old inside me so bad

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I just... Want that so bad. But I don't think I can justify 300 for it. I have nowhere to put it... But God damn that's appealing to the 10 year old inside me so bad

Always buy the Lego. Otherwise in two years it'll be $texas.

/Sighs at the Ghostbusters Firehouse

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Alright you convinced me, I'm getting two

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Always buy the Lego. Otherwise in two years it'll be $texas.

/Sighs at the Ghostbusters Firehouse
    The Ghostbusters Firehouse and the Simpsons house are the two things that I still bitterly regret passing on. Realistically, I don't think I have space for them (or ever will have it, because I don't anticipate not living in NYC anytime soon, and I can't afford, like, a whole entire house here), so it was probably the right decision, but boy does it sting.

• Options
    BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    God damn, that was not what I was expecting when I heard there was a Daily Bugle set coming. I expected some little playset, not the whole damn building.

Let's see, comes out on the 1st, that's payday. And June will be a three paycheck month for me. That means that one paycheck will not have stuff like health insurance premiums. That basically subsidizes the purchase. Following this pommel horse logic, I'd be a fool not to buy it.

Or I just blame the whole thing on my daughter. Oh! I could say that it's a special present for her/us for getting through this very trying school year. Some primo father/daughter bonding time is required. I just need to get her in on it, which won't be difficult.

Speaking of Marvel Lego, I now have the Thor mech, and at this point I'm going to get them all. They're super articulated, which makes posing them fun and easy.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

Later, Jay sells one to fund the next paired purchase, and with that their slow descent into flipping sets into an ever growing lucrative Lego empire was complete.

*smash cut to Jay walking out with a giant gold medallion that is clearly made of Lego*

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Some people invest in cryptocurrency

I invest in Brick-tocurrency

• Options
    Forar wrote: »

Later, Jay sells one to fund the next paired purchase, and with that their slow descent into flipping sets into an ever growing lucrative Lego empire was complete.

*smash cut to Jay walking out with a giant gold medallion that is clearly made of Lego*

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-vip-gold-coin-releasing-may-20/

Lego already beat him to the medallion.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I need to know what this looks like next to the Modular City buildings because the front sidewalk looks compatible. The newspaper stand one one side should butt up nicely to the next building over and on the left there should be a nice, narrow alley between it and the next building for crime to happen in. I might seriously get this instead of the police station.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.