As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [Lego] Thread

1838486888992

Posts

  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 17
    I need to know what this looks like next to the Modular City buildings because the front sidewalk looks compatible. The newspaper stand one one side should butt up nicely to the next building over and on the left there should be a nice, narrow alley between it and the next building for crime to happen in. I might seriously get this instead of the police station.

    Someone posted this picture on another Lego thread I saw.

    oggloca02bor.jpeg

    Edit: Copied and Google translated the text from their site.
    The Daily Bugle also has the matching sidewalk so that it fits seamlessly with the other houses. There is only a gap between the house walls, as the office building does not extend to the edge and is therefore rather free-standing despite the compatibility. In addition, it will of course stand out with its height of over 80 cm, compared to the lower modular buildings.

    Even completely enclosed by other modular buildings, the Daily Bugle is clearly striking in terms of style and size, but still fits in relatively well:

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Local H JayChiselphaneForarrndmherodjmitchellachromdomDark Raven XboogedybooSporkAndrewBigPointyTeethElvenshaeRaijuyossarian_lives
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh shit it totally has modular city connect points on either side! They are disguised as the boxes and yellow hazard things in the alleys.

    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    ElvenshaeRaiju
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah... I was wondering how this would fit with my Ninjago city collection. Probably not well so it'll need to go somewhere else, but the Sanctum Santorium can have some company again...

    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
    Local H Jay
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If they do a similar sized Avengers tower and Baxter Building I may very well go broke

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    AthenorLibrarian's ghostDark Raven XRaiju
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited May 17
    I mean, even without all the cool Marvel figures, it is a neat newspaper skyscraper! Then you add in all the super hero stuff!

    Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork


    BetsuniAthenor
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    It doesn't fit great with Ninjago City but it does look surprisingly good with other modulars.

    That set is just full of awesome stuff, they didn't cut corners. Much to JJJ's frustration, I'm sure!

  • ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I just... Want that so bad. But I don't think I can justify 300 for it. I have nowhere to put it... But God damn that's appealing to the 10 year old inside me so bad

    Always buy the Lego. Otherwise in two years it'll be $texas.

    /Sighs at the Ghostbusters Firehouse
    The Ghostbusters Firehouse and the Simpsons house are the two things that I still bitterly regret passing on. Realistically, I don't think I have space for them (or ever will have it, because I don't anticipate not living in NYC anytime soon, and I can't afford, like, a whole entire house here), so it was probably the right decision, but boy does it sting.

    yeah I have the Simpsons House and it's hard to find a good place for it because of its dimensions.

    mxmarks
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Alright you convinced me, I'm getting two

    Later, Jay sells one to fund the next paired purchase, and with that their slow descent into flipping sets into an ever growing lucrative Lego empire was complete.

    *smash cut to Jay walking out with a giant gold medallion that is clearly made of Lego*

    https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-vip-gold-coin-releasing-may-20/

    Lego already beat him to the medallion.

    I wasn't aware that Lego was also releasing Challenge Coins, and as someone with a nerdy challenge coin collection hanging on the wall, uh, that's... a potential blessing and a curse.

    Especially after glancing at eBay, which as with any Lego collectible, they start pretty high.

    Though I'm not sure my meager points would've allowed for snagging one anyways, but a man can dream...

    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    BetsuniElvenshaeRaiju
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I mean, even without all the cool Marvel figures, it is a neat newspaper skyscraper! Then you add in all the super hero stuff!

    Not gonna lie. While I like the touch of Green Goblin busting out of Peter's office, I hope the set is designed so you can repair all that section.

    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
    Dizzy DKen ORaiju
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited May 18
    Infinity gauntlet is up on LEGO store for pre-order

    Seeing the pic I'm gonna pass, the stones look kinda piddly. Saving my money for this daily bugle anyways...

    Local H Jay on
    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    SatanIsMyMotor
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Infinity gauntlet is up on LEGO store for pre-order

    Seeing the pic I'm gonna pass, the stones look kinda piddly. Saving my money for this daily bugle anyways...

    The gold bricks though. Honestly I'm torn with buying it for the build or the bricks. Probably will get one for the bricks for a 2x day or sale at the least.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    No one has yet mentioned the Spider-Man meme office, which I needed to rectify.

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Raiju
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Infinity gauntlet is up on LEGO store for pre-order

    Seeing the pic I'm gonna pass, the stones look kinda piddly. Saving my money for this daily bugle anyways...

    The gold bricks though. Honestly I'm torn with buying it for the build or the bricks. Probably will get one for the bricks for a 2x day or sale at the least.
    I have a suspicion that some of these sets - the Infinity Gauntlet, the Daily Bugle - are going to be mega-sized parts-packs. The gauntlet can't be beat for gold pieces, and the Daily Bugle can set you up for life with grey pieces and clear pieces. If you want to build skyscrapers, a couple of Daily Bugles will probably get you a really long way for a good price.

  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I mean, even without all the cool Marvel figures, it is a neat newspaper skyscraper! Then you add in all the super hero stuff!

    Not gonna lie. While I like the touch of Green Goblin busting out of Peter's office, I hope the set is designed so you can repair all that section.
    hachiroku24 has you covered.

    AthenorRaijuRhesus PositiveForar
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 19
    "Sling us a web, you're the Spider-Man
    Sling us a web tonight.
    Cause we're all in the mood for a hero now
    And there's evil-doers to fight"



    (Like a wise man once said, "He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life.")

    [Expletive deleted] on
    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    BetsuniElvenshaeLocal H JayPailrydernwrabe
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Apparently this set was originally slated to have 60 minifigures? Or at least that's the pool they proposed? Holy crap.

    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Got a Bonsai Tree from Target for Father's Day. Now to wrap it up and wait to open it and be surprised at the gift I picked out for myself!

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Rhesus PositiveKen OBetsuniLocal H Jay
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Fighting The Rising Odds Registered User, Moderator mod
    I am waiting impatiently for them to do a Marvel minifig blind bag set. Put all the ludicrous villains in it, I don't care: I'll get the lot.

    BetsuniAthenorLocal H Jay
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Got a Bonsai Tree from Target for Father's Day. Now to wrap it up and wait to open it and be surprised at the gift I picked out for myself!

    One day you'll do that and actually be surprised.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    DoctorArch
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »
    I am waiting impatiently for them to do a Marvel minifig blind bag set. Put all the ludicrous villains in it, I don't care: I'll get the lot.

    Yeah the first blindbag set for me was the DC one and it was fun, more like that plz

    Xbox - Local H Jay
    PS - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    The LEGO Group today announces 40516 Everyone is Awesome, a set designed to celebrate the diversity of our fans and the world around us. The buildable display model is inspired by the iconic rainbow flag which is used as a symbol of love and acceptance by the LGBTQIA+ community and features 11 monochrome minifigures each with its own individual hairstyle and rainbow colour.

    Set designer Matthew Ashton, Vice President, Design said: “I wanted to create a model that symbolises inclusivity and celebrates everyone, no matter how they identify or who they love.

    “Everyone is unique, and with a little more love, acceptance and understanding in the world, we can all feel more free to be our true AWESOME selves! This model shows that we care, and that we truly believe ‘Everyone is awesome’!”

    Report Ad
    The 346 piece stands 10.24cm tall and has a depth of 12.80cm – a perfect fit for most shelves or window sills. It goes on sale on June 1, to mark start of Pride Month, and will be available through LEGO.com and LEGO brand stores, priced at €/$34.99 / £29.99.
    59372_40516_Prod.jpg

    Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got the naked chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.
    Jam WarriorSatanIsMyMotorDoctor DetroitLindsay LohanRhesus PositiveDark Raven XElvenshaeHefflingBetsuniChiselphaneRaijupezgenLocal H Jayboogedyboochromdomdjmitchellayossarian_lives
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Damn that is cool as hell.

    Also, the medium brown, dark brown, and tan pieces on a black background for the Bonsai instructions is the most challenging set I've ever put together as a color blind person.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
    BetsuniRaiju
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular

    Report Ad
    The 346 piece stands 10.24cm tall and has a depth of 12.80cm – a perfect fit for most shelves or window sills. It goes on sale on June 1, to mark start of Pride Month, and will be available through LEGO.com and LEGO brand stores, priced at €/$34.99 / £29.99.


    Window sills? Those monsters. It's like they are asking for it to get discolored. I mean I'm kind of joking, but still. Super cool set though.

    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Damn that is cool as hell.

    Also, the medium brown, dark brown, and tan pieces on a black background for the Bonsai instructions is the most challenging set I've ever put together as a color blind person.

    They've promised to not do that in the future but existing sets may still have the black backgrounds.

    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
    MegaMan001
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Damn that is cool as hell.

    Also, the medium brown, dark brown, and tan pieces on a black background for the Bonsai instructions is the most challenging set I've ever put together as a color blind person.

    They've promised to not do that in the future but existing sets may still have the black backgrounds.

    The digital instructions should have been corrected as well.

    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Years ago I bought a Punisher custom minifig at a Con because I figured they'd NEVER do a real Punisher fig.

    The Daily Bugle is the first set my wife has ever said no to, but the reason is because Diagon Alley is sitting here unopened.

    ...how fast can I finish it?! Can it be done before June 1?!

    LETS FIND OUT

    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    Pailryder
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    A Punisher figure with guns is extremely surprising from LEGO. I wouldn't be surprised if be never shows up again, barring another expensive adult oriented set.

    AthenormxmarksRaiju
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited May 24
    I think I've mentioned it before, but for the last month I've been working on Lego exclusively over at my folks' place, as we have saturday night dinners (and occasionally Sundays when I'm over to help put dad to bed).

    Whelp.. my first set is done! I... tried not to dwell so much on the stickers, but DAMN do I hate stickers.

    Sz4cJ2Nh.jpg

    And I've decided on my second: Haunted House Time!!!

    1zuV9EYh.jpg

    Mostly because I want to play with the motors. I can't wait to play with them.

    I even ripped through the first bag, starting the facade!

    Cool little touch: One tombstone has the same mark as the Ship in a Bottle! I haven't checked to see if the same designer worked on both sets, but it is still cool! Also lots of Sand / Olive green.

    Yi5J44Vh.jpg

    Athenor on
    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
    Betsuniwebguy20Local H JayAldoHefflingRhesus PositivealtidDoctor DetroitboogedybooRaijuElvenshaePailryderDoctorArchSporkAndrewForarLindsay Lohanyossarian_livesdarunia106Watcher
  • RaijuRaiju regular Registered User regular
    Put together the 1960's Adam West Batmobile. Really fun set and looks good next to the GWP 1989 Batmobile and my MOC Tumbler.

    csvb117i4437.jpg

    Speaking of the Tumbler, I'm never completely satisfied with it so I made some extra mods like all-around bigger tires, changed up the front wheel arms, added more gold accents where I could, re-did the angled-in and sloped shaping of the side panels to be more accurate, and reworked the entire rear wing spoilers and engine in the back.

    yr1uh7cix5jj.jpg

    And randomly, my most recent Star Wars shelf. More to be added as I keep building.

    bbq8l8udpho9.jpg

    AthenorLocal H JayBetsuniElvenshaechromdomAldoForarLindsay Lohanyossarian_livesWatcherTurkson
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Raiju wrote: »
    Put together the 1960's Adam West Batmobile. Really fun set and looks good next to the GWP 1989 Batmobile and my MOC Tumbler.

    csvb117i4437.jpg

    Speaking of the Tumbler, I'm never completely satisfied with it so I made some extra mods like all-around bigger tires, changed up the front wheel arms, added more gold accents where I could, re-did the angled-in and sloped shaping of the side panels to be more accurate, and reworked the entire rear wing spoilers and engine in the back.

    yr1uh7cix5jj.jpg

    And randomly, my most recent Star Wars shelf. More to be added as I keep building.

    bbq8l8udpho9.jpg

    Yep, those three Batmobiles look great together like that. Wished I went in on those instead of the huge versions. Hahahahaha. I am so not getting a big Adam West Batmobile to match the Tumbler and 89 Batmobile (when I build it). Although I would if I had the room.

    Love the Star Wars shelf there. I'm guessing the snowspeeder is a MOC or an old one? I have two built right now and I don't recall either of them looking like that. Although to be honest it has been a while since I looked at either of them. That reminds me, I still need to build that set and modify my new Tie Fighter into an Interceptor. I did buy a used Midi-ISD for $20. Needed a few pieces (and one is on order) but well worth the money since all the pieces looked brand new and I now have a Lego ISD that I can actually display rather than dream of displaying (looking at you UCS ISD).

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Raiju
  • RaijuRaiju regular Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Raiju wrote: »
    Put together the 1960's Adam West Batmobile. Really fun set and looks good next to the GWP 1989 Batmobile and my MOC Tumbler.

    csvb117i4437.jpg

    Speaking of the Tumbler, I'm never completely satisfied with it so I made some extra mods like all-around bigger tires, changed up the front wheel arms, added more gold accents where I could, re-did the angled-in and sloped shaping of the side panels to be more accurate, and reworked the entire rear wing spoilers and engine in the back.

    yr1uh7cix5jj.jpg

    And randomly, my most recent Star Wars shelf. More to be added as I keep building.

    bbq8l8udpho9.jpg

    Yep, those three Batmobiles look great together like that. Wished I went in on those instead of the huge versions. Hahahahaha. I am so not getting a big Adam West Batmobile to match the Tumbler and 89 Batmobile (when I build it). Although I would if I had the room.

    Love the Star Wars shelf there. I'm guessing the snowspeeder is a MOC or an old one? I have two built right now and I don't recall either of them looking like that. Although to be honest it has been a while since I looked at either of them. That reminds me, I still need to build that set and modify my new Tie Fighter into an Interceptor. I did buy a used Midi-ISD for $20. Needed a few pieces (and one is on order) but well worth the money since all the pieces looked brand new and I now have a Lego ISD that I can actually display rather than dream of displaying (looking at you UCS ISD).

    Thanks! I do have the UCS 1989 Batmobile (and Batwing) but I'm hard pressed to know where I'd put them even if I had the time to build both, lol. Someday. I do plan to pick up the new rumored UCS (and minifigure scale) Tumbler too simply because I love the design of the damn thing.

    I'd love a UCS 1960's Adam West Batmobile too since it's such an iconic vehicle. I want to mod the front end of the GWP 1989 Batmobile since they're supposed to flare out more to the sides, and not look so skinny and straight but I need to figure out if I have the parts for it.

    As for the Rebel Snowspeeder, it's just a slightly modified Juniors one (with Wedge Antilles). I modded the cockpit and roof slightly to accommodate a second rear-facing Rebel gunner minifig and added the tow cable to attach to the AT-AT leg, lol.

    i4uokwjag1he.jpg

    cacu0s3nm6nk.jpg

    I thought about using the 20th Anniversary minifigure scale Snowspeeder but it seems a bit too big compared to the AT-AT so that's why I went with the Juniors one. If the rumors of the $800 UCS AT-AT later this year are true, then the bigger Snowspeeder would probably fit with it better scale-wise.

    I say go for the Interceptor of using the $40 TIE Fighter. It's a pretty fun one, with the Interceptor being one of my favorite Star Wars fighter designs.

    I aways wanted Lego to give us more midi scale builds. The Millennium Falcon one looks really cool but sadly I never got it.

    BetsuniAldoElvenshaeForar
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i would double awesome that post if i could. incredible!

  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 24
    Raiju wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Raiju wrote: »
    Put together the 1960's Adam West Batmobile. Really fun set and looks good next to the GWP 1989 Batmobile and my MOC Tumbler.

    csvb117i4437.jpg

    Speaking of the Tumbler, I'm never completely satisfied with it so I made some extra mods like all-around bigger tires, changed up the front wheel arms, added more gold accents where I could, re-did the angled-in and sloped shaping of the side panels to be more accurate, and reworked the entire rear wing spoilers and engine in the back.

    yr1uh7cix5jj.jpg

    And randomly, my most recent Star Wars shelf. More to be added as I keep building.

    bbq8l8udpho9.jpg

    Yep, those three Batmobiles look great together like that. Wished I went in on those instead of the huge versions. Hahahahaha. I am so not getting a big Adam West Batmobile to match the Tumbler and 89 Batmobile (when I build it). Although I would if I had the room.

    Love the Star Wars shelf there. I'm guessing the snowspeeder is a MOC or an old one? I have two built right now and I don't recall either of them looking like that. Although to be honest it has been a while since I looked at either of them. That reminds me, I still need to build that set and modify my new Tie Fighter into an Interceptor. I did buy a used Midi-ISD for $20. Needed a few pieces (and one is on order) but well worth the money since all the pieces looked brand new and I now have a Lego ISD that I can actually display rather than dream of displaying (looking at you UCS ISD).

    Thanks! I do have the UCS 1989 Batmobile (and Batwing) but I'm hard pressed to know where I'd put them even if I had the time to build both, lol. Someday. I do plan to pick up the new rumored UCS (and minifigure scale) Tumbler too simply because I love the design of the damn thing.

    I'd love a UCS 1960's Adam West Batmobile too since it's such an iconic vehicle. I want to mod the front end of the GWP 1989 Batmobile since they're supposed to flare out more to the sides, and not look so skinny and straight but I need to figure out if I have the parts for it.

    As for the Rebel Snowspeeder, it's just a slightly modified Juniors one (with Wedge Antilles). I modded the cockpit and roof slightly to accommodate a second rear-facing Rebel gunner minifig and added the tow cable to attach to the AT-AT leg, lol.

    i4uokwjag1he.jpg

    cacu0s3nm6nk.jpg

    I thought about using the 20th Anniversary minifigure scale Snowspeeder but it seems a bit too big compared to the AT-AT so that's why I went with the Juniors one. If the rumors of the $800 UCS AT-AT later this year are true, then the bigger Snowspeeder would probably fit with it better scale-wise.

    I say go for the Interceptor of using the $40 TIE Fighter. It's a pretty fun one, with the Interceptor being one of my favorite Star Wars fighter designs.

    I aways wanted Lego to give us more midi scale builds. The Millennium Falcon one looks really cool but sadly I never got it.

    My wife built the UCS Tumbler and it has been on display ever since. That thing was too awesome and the build was just as awesome, so can't wait for more impressions if the rumors are true.

    Ah ok, that's why I never saw that one before. I do agree with the two Snowspeeders I have that they are way too big to scale with the AT-AT. Wonder how funny the microfighter Snowspeeder would look at that scale...

    I'm going to hate life if the rumored UCS AT-AT comes true. Mainly because I'll want it.

    Edit: I actually have the midi Falcon. After getting the midi-ISD I agree and wished they kept on going with that line. Also yeah, I love the squint design. Something about it always drew my eyes to it growing up. Perhaps it was the angled solar arrays and the points at the tips. No idea, but it just is a cool design. I actually bought Major Vonreg's TIE Fighter just to have a newer design. Ok, so it also was to get a Lego Bucket, but the TIE was awesome as well.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Raiju
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Midi-Falcon and ISD are some of my favorite sets and I'm really upset they didn't continue.

    Midi-Falcon is also the only set I have ever had with a malformed piece.

    Raiju
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I want that Daily Bugle so bad. Definitely gonna preorder this week since VIP members can go early.

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    RaijuBetsuniLou29
  • RaijuRaiju regular Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I want that Daily Bugle so bad. Definitely gonna preorder this week since VIP members can go early.

    Ditto. I'm tempted to wait until there's a decent GWP deal or Double VIP Points promo before getting it but I have a feeling this thing will be consistently out of stock at Lego shop at home like the Mos Eisley Cantina or Bonsai sets. Covid-19 lockdowns have made people Lego crazy on top of scalpers snapping up sets to flip online for profit.

    MegaMan001Betsuni
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited May 25
    Raiju wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »
    I want that Daily Bugle so bad. Definitely gonna preorder this week since VIP members can go early.

    Ditto. I'm tempted to wait until there's a decent GWP deal or Double VIP Points promo before getting it but I have a feeling this thing will be consistently out of stock at Lego shop at home like the Mos Eisley Cantina or Bonsai sets. Covid-19 lockdowns have made people Lego crazy on top of scalpers snapping up sets to flip online for profit.

    Oddly the Cantina and Blacksmith are still in stock on Amazon. The Bonsai was in stock yesterday on Target.com so it makes me wonder if Lego people are buying the more popular kits only through Lego these days.

    Edit: Bonsai is still up. 3 days as far as I can tell since I saw it online on Saturday.

    Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Raiju
  • KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    The Cantina is only available at massively inflated prices on Amazon from what I can see. The Blacksmith is available at msrp though.

  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    The Cantina is only available at massively inflated prices on Amazon from what I can see. The Blacksmith is available at msrp though.

    Ah so that finally sold out. That took a pretty good amount of time at least.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    As a collector, the one thing I really like about Lego is that they make most of their sets available for quite a while - especially the exclusives. Like, if I really want the Daily Bugle, I'll have no troubles getting it in a year or two. Sure, the trade-off for that is if I miss it, I REALLY miss it (RIP Helicarrier), but knowing I don't need to rush out immediately feels pretty good compared to other toy collections.

    He/Him
    Please send love to my friends and check out Archer the Corgi's tumblr. :(
    Pupdate: They have more time! A different option has emerged.
    Raiju
Sign In or Register to comment.