As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GT Secret Santa Thread: Proxy slumbers once more...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Dyvion wrote: »
    see317 wrote: »
    Went to check the mail on my way to grab lunch, and found a package all out of proportion with the normal assortment of bills, credit card offers and realtors looking to buy my apartment.

As is the tradition, it is sent to the Christmas Tribble for inspection.
    e4l1swn9mgd2.jpg

I try to explain that opening will have to wait, as I'm supposed to be monitoring the work inbox and phone lines for the weekend. And I've got plans for the evening once I'm done with my shift on the phones.
    The tribble makes a compelling argument that opening should not wait.
    ajcho4tc7yh8.jpg
    I've really got to start taking care to hide the knives.

With no valid counter argument, and a particularly strong desire to not have to explain why I need stitches, the package is opened, and the tribble continues its investigation.
    1izzr12y0z0t.jpg

And the tribble perches near the haul and chirbles contentedly. It's work for another year done.
    0nv11dwqnifu.jpg

There wasn't a note or forum name that I saw, but the return address was from a Christopher at an APO address.
    So, thank you Chris, you've murdered it. I look forward to enjoying a variety of mystery candy that I don't know what 99% of the text means, and building the tank. Not sure what I'll use the Nintendo card on, but I'm sure I'll figure that out.

It is I! Your Santa! I got a chuckle out of seeing your Amazon list after I already sent the package. I bought doubles of some of those candies and they're great. And some of them are weird, and great. Happy Holidays!

I ate the Frutips (the ones in the tube) while watching the Acq Inc C-team game on Sunday.
    Was a good way to spend the morning.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I have received a message that santa is sending a package but that the package is being routed through the UK, I can only assume rerouting across the globe to keep the feds off Santa's tail like some kind of hacker Santa on the run.

Also to my Santee, part of the package was delayed and shipped separately ironically making the gift message in the first part a real clue to the following part and I think that's neat neat

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I got emailed from Santa days ago. It was the most excited I've gotten reading through an email and i got my contract for the new job Via email at the same time! Break out the jollies!

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Santa, my phone with the unboxing pictures ... uh ... died this weekend. I will be taking new pictures soon.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, finally got home and checked out those Steam keys!!

emhyhwS.gif

They were:

while True: learn()

Which is a neat little game about machine learning, which is something I want to learn more about! And also looks super cute with cat cosmetics and whatnot! Been on my wishlist for like a year.

and

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator

Which is a totally bonkers physics based battle simulator. Giant Bomb did an Unfinished Quick Look and a Playdate on it earlier this year, which made it look silly and amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hScF2V_MaPg

Anyway, thanks again Santa! Can't wait to play them!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Totally Accurate Battle Simulator is something I play with my kid, and he loves it. We do the challenge missions or sometimes just sandbox and set up ridiculous battles, like a mammoth against dozens of little peons... then manually control the mammoth.

It's basically an advanced version of the game we all played as kids, "Who Would Win in a Fight?"

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    q94ks92bgnpg.gif

So, as mentioned, I received an Amazon box from my Santa, carefully camouflaged to look just like part of the collection of presents and Cub Scout supplies I bought. So it accidentally sat on my floor for a couple of days before I opened it. While it was there, the other box arrived, as well, but I had a couple of things coming via nonstandard shipping so I thought it was one of those.

I WAS WRONG! :D

So, once I started opening up the stuff I'd ordered, I was, like, "What? Gift-wrapped? Did Grandma send something else to the kids in my name?" But, no - there were two presents inside for me!
    kyqxp2d5k1xh.jpg6lhpat7if220.jpg

That, of course, made me realize that the other, larger box that I'd been puzzled about was also from my Santa!

So, naturally, I had to wait until my favorite assistants were on-hand to ... assist ... with the opening.
    qlw691ejvhgh.jpg

(The V-sign has been a thing ever since he started watching Pokemon.)

The first package brought one of my favorite ship designs ever!
    a3c6k08uzyu4.jpg

Seriously love the Lambda-class shuttle.

The second one was a little trickier to open ...
    3f2cv9z58gfb.jpg

... but we got it eventually.
    g16a8hvak3lq.jpg

Yes, that's the Black series figure for everyone's favorite Mandalorian soldier / weapons designer / bomb maker / street artist, Sabine Wren!

Then, we moved on to the larger box! Opening it was a team effort.
    76z6u3v2defb.jpg
    11u03aea7y4y.jpg
    nqpqnqpmspq6.jpg

But soon, we were able to reveal the Lego model of the AT-ST from The Mandalorian. If you aren't watching it, well, it's basically worth the cost of Disney+ by itself, and the episode with the AT-ST is totally awesome.

I think it's funny that the Lego store wasn't quite certain what they sent me ...
    72xjar3k10dv.jpg

... but @Handkor was able to somehow determine that I'm kind of a Star Wars fan.
    cpsgyaq2r0vz.jpg
    ey61609tvu4t.jpg
    14u2rkvw42gp.jpg

The whole haul:

zljgcdwccm31.jpg

Thank you very much, Handkor, for a fantastic Secret Santa-ing. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

• Options

emhyhwS.gif

I knew i couldn't have gotten thr job on my own!
    Thanks Santa!

43Zcgyz.jpg

• Options
    Damn. That's high quality santa

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Is that a celebratory joke, or did they actually help? That would be the coolest thing I've ever seen in this thread, and I've seen some cool things in this thread.

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Santa: I got my gifts! I will put together a gift get post later today, I just wanted to let you know I had gotten them!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Santa: I got my gifts! I will put together a gift get post later today, I just wanted to let you know I had gotten them!

iq160zj6q7jb.gif

Glad that they made it! :biggrin:

• Options
    Is that a celebratory joke, or did they actually help? That would be the coolest thing I've ever seen in this thread, and I've seen some cool things in this thread.

No it's a joke :lol:

I got an informal offer for the job a week or two before secret santa was finalised. But man, what if eh.

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »

I got an informal offer for the job a week or two before secret santa was finalised. But man, what if eh.

I don't know.
    I don't think I'd be comfortable knowing that someone in a position to give (and thus in a position to deny) a job knew how much time I spend on the forums.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

I don't know.
    I don't think I'd be comfortable knowing that someone in a position to give (and thus in a position to deny) a job knew how much time I spend on the forums.

I do spend a lot of time on here...

• Options
    I mean if they offered you the job based off your forum activity then I reckon they would be ok with it :lol:

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    q94ks92bgnpg.gif

[....snip...]
    ... but @Handkor was able to somehow determine that I'm kind of a Star Wars fan.

Thank you very much, Handkor, for a fantastic Secret Santa-ing. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    [/...snip...]

So I ordered from the Lego store first and couldn't send a message with the gift hence the amazon order and yes I delivered the message via imperial shuttle.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I'm not in Secret Santa, but if someone wants to get me a new job, I'd be down with that.

Also if someone can also get my favorite baseball team to sign a big player, too.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Ok, time for a proper post!

emhyhwS.gif

Several wild Amazon packages appeared! Unfortunately I did not get a good picture because I didn't realize they were secret Santa boxes. Doh! Anyway, let's check it out!
    First up is a $50 eshop card! Santa gave me the gift of trying to figure out what game to get, lol!

49199451871_06d7b3a275_c.jpg

Thanks Santa! I'm honestly not sure what I'll get with it. Maybe Smash Bros as I still don't have that.

Up next:
    A really awesome Zelda print! Both Link and Zelda are represented--I'll have to get a picture of the Zelda one later--sorry I forgot! I think I might take these to the office and display them there.

49199451881_fbea2144e3_c.jpg

The box these next two were in was SUPER heavy so I had a pretty good inclination they might be books....
    49199654722_7b91e52e81_c.jpg

It's the Zelda Art and Artifacts book! I had Hyrule Historia but really wanted this one. I really love the artwork--especially the illustrations of the past game packaging.

Also in this box was this very very important book that I will read quite seriously:

49199451941_9c2c7d97a6_c.jpg

An important work indeed! I should mention that in my note to my potential Santa I disclosed that we have 7 cats. So yes, essential!

As a followup, the next box had....
    49199654927_5eaffc18c6_c.jpg

An enormous tub of cat treats! that's one of our cats, Lilo, checking it out.

There was also a giant bag of cat toys!

49199654782_31cc7ab4ab_c.jpg

That's Kaya. I am grateful for the distraction because if he isn't distracted he will sit on you. Like all the time.

49199451656_f095bfccee_c.jpg

And that's Teddy.

And there was one final box:
    49198958893_822352fd43_c.jpg

Awesome! A book about Uber! I'm one semester away from completing my MBA and I love books like this that discuss company history. Thanks!

Also Not pictured because I forgot to take a picture: a $50 Amazon gift card for my wife!

Huge thanks to my Santa, @KoopahTroopah ! Thank you so much for your generosity! Merry Christmas!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    Yessss my plan worked purrrfectly. Give them cat gifts, and receive cat pics. You're welcome, thread! :hydra:

Hope you all enjoy the stuff! Merry merry <3

• Options
    Santa has sleuthed and spied and contacted me directly so I know s/he's got this covered but just in case, here's my amazon wishlist.

• Options
    I'm not in Secret Santa, but if someone wants to get me a new job, I'd be down with that.

Also if someone can also get my favorite baseball team to sign a big player, too.

I think what we have here is the perfect situation. How's your batting average?

• Options
    Figgy wrote: »

It's pretty median

• Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

It's pretty median

I have a mean average.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Good job on the second part, Santa. Little expensive with the whole 9 years, 324 million thing, but overall good. Now let's work on that first thing

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I have been gifted! Well, partially. And I'm at work so this is on my phone. And PA has its own image service now!
    I've been away too long.
    s9dfm5fdyr5e.jpg
    I'm old enough to have gotten motion sick with decent 1, never tried two or 3, but after 25ish years of experimenting, if I crank the FOV up I don't get motion sick, so here's to diving back in to this amazing series. Thanks unknown Santa!
    They said my other package would be a bit late, but that's understandable because I've been exiled to Korea for a year away from my family, and so far the postal system is great at sending things out, but I have received exactly nothing that I've ordered since I've been here (over a month!). So not surprised. As soon as I finish God of War (black friday pickup, $10... So worth it!) I'll begin my space odyssey! Thanks again!

E: ha! That's my wife in the corner... I'm so used to her being there I didn't notice she was in the picture! She's big into outlandish makeup right now.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    theoriginalztheoriginalz PhillyRegistered User regular
    Story time.
    I bought my santee a gift online to get direct shipping. The store offers free one day shipping, so of course I say yes. I place the order, get confirmation and then a day later they tell me the order is delayed and will 'maybe' make it by January 10th 2020. Horror sinks in as I scramble to think what I can do to solve this issue as days go on.
    Today, I wake up to a tracking number from FedEx and a confirmation that it will be delivered today!
    Moral of the story, don't trust Best Buy's shipping promises.

Trade pins with me! Pinny LanyardjlB4Ded.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Story time.
    I bought my santee a gift online to get direct shipping. The store offers free one day shipping, so of course I say yes. I place the order, get confirmation and then a day later they tell me the order is delayed and will 'maybe' make it by January 10th 2020. Horror sinks in as I scramble to think what I can do to solve this issue as days go on.
    Today, I wake up to a tracking number from FedEx and a confirmation that it will be delivered today!

(Best Buy may have sent me a cryptic e-mail last night saying that someone was sending me a gift)

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Story time.

(Best Buy may have sent me a cryptic e-mail last night saying that someone was sending me a gift)

Surprise. :D

theoriginalz on
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santee, your gift approaches!
    I didn't get a chance to make something this year for you (I'm sorry!) but I'm sure you'll get a kick out of this present!
    Also pretty sure I say this every year but tracking numbers are the devils work.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Santee, your gift shipped today.... on it's way to me. For the sole reason that I can add some Canadian candy before sending it along south.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    I believe something was delivered for me, but I'm at the wrong house until either Sunday or Monday because I've been super lazy about getting my shit together for the annual holiday relocation.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Santa, I live away from my family and have started to receive gifts from them. If you post your gift please let me know when you do so, so I can attempt to separate it out from the others!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Package sent!

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    rv738p7p65ia.gif

Santa showed up this afternoon! Thank you mystery Santa! My kids are still playing with their new toys!

Two boxes from Amazon showed up with notes saying:

For your Son "Who wouldn't want to play pirate."
    For your daughter "It'll teach you patience as you will have to clean it up over and over again."
    For your wife "I always wanted to get this and I've heard good things about it."
    For Bloodycow "He'll always watch over you. Unless there's and Extinction wave coming and then you're out of luck."
    oq288lcw9svn.jpg
    i0zo5mctcu7i.jpg

Total haul was a Minecraft pirate lego set for my son, a Disney princess dress up chest for my daughter, Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle deck builder game, and a Nova POP figure for me!

We all loved it! Thank you very much!

Bloodycow on
    " I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    I just realized this morning I gave nothing to work with on my notes - so here’s my amazon wish list :)
    https://www.amazon.ca/hz/wishlist/ls/4RR0R8K3O5T2?ref_=wl_share

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Dear Santee: I have mostly finished the handmade portion of your gift which is what the hold up has been. Just need to do the fiishing touches and it'll be in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday. Probably.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Dear Santee,
    A box laden with holiday cheer is moving towards you as we speak.
    Well, probably not just yet, but it's waiting in a room at the local FedEx office where it will be picked up and then start moving in your general direction.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    I just got a message that Amazon is sending me stuff. Hurray! I need to get off my butt and decide exactly what I'm getting. I know the various categories, but need to do it.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Package away! Tracking is going to be interesting one this one.

4dm3dwuxq302.png