Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

gdi geth [chat]

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    Ok wtf pandora!?

This on the way through north station in the morning:

This right as I hit north station tonight:
    Fuckin algorithms

Sleep on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Omg reply all has the actual feral hog guy in an interview. And it's interesting.

03x29di.png
    Hahnsoo1ElldrenCouscousVishNubzepherin
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Omg reply all has the actual feral hog guy in an interview. And it's interesting.
    oh man i was wondering what that one was gonna be about

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD along with you if I get drunk well I know I'm gonna be gonna be the man whoRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

wr86xiqi5ott.jpeg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.
    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    Styrofoam SammichHahnsoo1DoodmannPowerpuppiesElldrencB557tynicwanderingKristmas KthulhuA Kobold's KoboldknitdanSnicketysnick
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Letting you guys know the next dank meme will be "it's a gay bar pamela" fresh off the dank meme tree.

wr86xiqi5ott.jpeg

Aybabtu.png

Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
    FeralJacobkosh
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

For context. The Saloon is not "a gay bar", it is the gayest bar.

The Eagle would like a word.

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy Don't despair. Not even over the fact that you don't despair.Registered User regular
    I need to make a LinkedIn
    plz let me connect with uuuuuu

Are we connected? I can’t remeber your civilian name

Elki wrote: »

Casual Eddy: best poster 2014.
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Casual Eddy: best poster of 2015

gotta update that stuff man
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Enjoy

• QanamilQanamil irregular Registered User regular
    21st teach me how to beat games
    i just buy them and play then forget what i was doing and have to start over
    this has been years now

the trick is to only buy games that are very short and require no skill, such as visual novels.

AI: The Somnium Files does look like a wild ride.

Steam/PSN ID: FauxRomano | JBYC Podcast, recorded live and messy Mondays at 9EST
    milski
    This may be the most Arkansas pod cast ever.

03x29di.png
    Hahnsoo1
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    You should be able to transfer hours of sleep to people.

So one of you guys who is extra well-rested from last night can just like, zap me a few hours of sleep so I can make it until nap time.
    becoming a sleep vampire / sleep blackhole

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Winky
  • ChanusChanus Ribbit! Registered User regular

and probably hasn’t even killed any black people

**Winner Softest and Most Comfy Hugs Award Summer 2018**

Blueberrywerewlf on the Sony Anime Games Box | BluberryWerewlf on the BroBone
    Kristmas Kthulhuzepherin
  • WinkyWinky Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Winky wrote: »
    You should be able to transfer hours of sleep to people.

So one of you guys who is extra well-rested from last night can just like, zap me a few hours of sleep so I can make it until nap time.
    becoming a sleep vampire / sleep blackhole

Yes!

You can be my sleep cow

• CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    My sister hasn't been happy with her job and today she says she's signing up for a Master's in occupational therapy, which is something I've only heard her mention before like twice. Huh

s586cu2r93hr.gif
    DoodmannPreacherHonkKristmas KthulhuElldrenBrody
  • MrMisterMrMister A pup must first get in the water to be successful as a seal!Registered User regular
    My work computer always wants to look at the pictures on my phone and I’m like NO NO NO

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudKristmas KthulhuwanderingElldrencredeikiBrodyIlpala
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wow, I went from "I can't run Hollow Knight" to "Total Warhammer 2 loads maps in 10 seconds"

Also, Total Warhammer is huge and overwhelming omg

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    MazzyxKristmas KthulhuFuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudMrMisterAuralynxHahnsoo1JacobkoshElldrenPowerpuppiesBethrynIncenjucarArchBrodyElkiChanusSummaryJudgmentFeralKruiteKamiro
    MrMister wrote: »
    My work computer always wants to look at the pictures on my phone and I’m like NO NO NO

Why is your phone and your work computer even connecting?

03x29di.png
  • Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud bear with us as we do some "rebranding" Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    *would you like microsoft to load these photos and then email them and also put them on maximum window while we upload them*
    *clicks no*
    *uploading now*

MrMisterwanderingJacobkoshElldrenArchBrodyHappylilElf
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    This seems to be a day where a lot of people have new exciting stuff going on, changing careers and stuff.

Happy then to announce publicly that I will keep working at my current job and have no plans to do go anywhere else, and I’ll never study anything again!

PSN: Honkalot
    Styrofoam SammichChanusVishNubBrodyKristmas KthulhuIlpala
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Deebaser wrote: »

beeteedubs, is this a thing where the trashiest gay bars have unremarkable normie names?

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudElldrenHappylilElfKristmas KthulhuDeebaserJebusUD
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I forgot that all Warhammer properties are absolutely maximum gonzo at all times

I heard someone walking through the hall outside and I turned the volume down because the dialogue is hilariously bad...

Inquisitor wrote: »
    I fucking hate you Canadians.
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudJulius
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Wow, I went from "I can't run Hollow Knight" to "Total Warhammer 2 loads maps in 10 seconds"

Also, Total Warhammer is huge and overwhelming omg

'EY YA DUMB UUMIE WOT ARE YA DOIN' EENYTIN UVVER DAN PICKIN' ORKS FER YER WAAAAAAGH?!

rpva9zropbma.jpeg

HonkVishNubFeral
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »

the superhardcore get-murdered-in-the-parking-lot furious leather dude gay biker bar in my town is named Buddies

we had a buddies that was also one of our gay bars but it was more subdued

i used to play guitar and sing and have gay dudes buy me drinks

and then i’d be like i feel bad i’m not gay

and they’d be like still worth it honey

JacobkoshwanderingKristmas Kthulhu
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    I forgot that all Warhammer properties are absolutely maximum gonzo at all times

I heard someone walking through the hall outside and I turned the volume down because the dialogue is hilariously bad...
    Did this man just call goddamn Karl Franz' speeches bad?!

BPYH7AE.jpg

zepherinJulius
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Chanus my boss has used that image multiple times in our group chat

PSN: Honkalot
    Chanuszepherin
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    hi there

i'm hungry and i don't wanna make anything

such is life

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    hi there

such is life

Hi hungry and i don't wanna make anything such is life.

I'm Hahnsoo1!

Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGU: Hahnsoo, Switch FC: SW-0085-2679-5212
    wanderingKristmas Kthulhuzepherin
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    hi there

such is life

I'm Hahnsoo1!

no

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
    Twitter delenda est
    zepherin
  • knitdanknitdan Oh no Too much hunnyRegistered User regular
    So there's the meme that's been going around that like:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens

STICKING MY DICK IN ROTISSERIE CHICKENS

So obviously this is an S-rank alternate lyric, to the point where it literally overwrites in your mind the original second line of that fkin earworm showtune.

What are some other alternate lyrics that essentially replace the original by being of superior aesthetic quality in addition to filthy and amusing? There was another recently, within the past year but I can't for the life of me remember it.

Hold me closer, Tony Danza
    Count the head lice on the highway
    Just got to reference the Money Pit. In your face millenials who won't get this reference.

Were you talking about the Seattle waterfront tunnel

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Made green curry today. It was pretty tasty.

03x29di.png
    A Kobold's KoboldChanusVishNubMrMisterKristmas Kthulhuzepherin
  • 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I love that there's a Canadian fairytale card in the latest MTG set.
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

ElldrenKristmas KthulhuIncenjucar
    Honk wrote: »
    Chanus my boss has used that image multiple times in our group chat

lemme guess

every thursday

Honkzepherin
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I went to Russian table at work! That was so nice and basically the only thing that would entice me to stay late. I am the best speaker of the people in the language learner category; it’s about 10 people and half are native speakers but most don’t really know business Russian and everyone just wants to have the chance to speak with people and it was great. One of the native speakers is Tatar and also speaks Tatar so I could recommend to him this very cool electronic musician who sings in Russian and Tatar and yay :D

Also I avoided misgendering myself which is hard cause last time I tried to speak Russian I was using different pronouns and it affects the verb endings in past tense
    That said, everyone learning was bad enough at grammar that they were very failing at correct gendered endings so any mistake on my part would have gone unnoticed

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    air-photos.tumblr.com
    ChanusVishNubBrodyMrMisterMazzyxElldrenwandering
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    hi there

such is life

I'm Hahnsoo1!

no

he is though it says it right next to his posts

Hahnsoo121stCenturyKristmas Kthulhu
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Does Russian table at work involve vodka?

Steam = VishnuOwnz
    Dota2 = Glitchmo
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

You guys have several elk cards

• 21stCentury21stCentury A lovely pixel artist and gamecrafter [They/Them]Registered User regular
    k04c668yky7f.jpg

You guys have several elk cards

Sure but the cat that came back the very next day is a sacred text in the canon of Canadian literature.

Nova_CElldrenFeralKristmas KthulhuIncenjucar
  • AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    @spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

you will either be delighted or horrified to learn today I created a script that will cut tickets to a specific user while selecting the CTI at random from a list of CTIs that user is in

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
    Incenjucar
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was reading about that Handke guy and found out something.
    Milk offers a stunning case in point. Dairymen, especially those serving crowded American cities in the nineteenth century, learned that there were profits to be made by skimming and watering down their product. The standard recipe was a pint of lukewarm water to every quart of milk—after the cream had been skimmed off. To improve the bluish look of the remaining liquid, milk producers learned to add whitening agents such as plaster of paris or chalk. Sometimes they added a dollop of molasses to give the liquid a more golden, creamy color. To mimic the expected layer of cream on top, they might also add a final squirt of something yellowish, occasionally pureed calf brains.

“Where are the police?” demanded New York journalist John Mullaly as he detailed such practices and worse in his 1853 book, The Milk Trade in New York and Vicinity. Mullaly’s evidence included reports from frustrated physicians stating that thousands of children were killed in New York City every year by dirty (bacteria-laden) and deliberately tainted milk. His demands for prosecution were partly theater. Despite his and others’ outraged demands for change, no laws existed to make such adulterations illegal. Still Mullaly continued to ask, when would enough be enough?

Fakery and adulteration ran rampant in other American products as well. “Honey” often proved to be thickened, colored corn syrup, and “vanilla” extract a mixture of alcohol and brown food coloring. “Strawberry” jam could be sweetened paste made from mashed apple peelings laced with grass seeds and dyed red. “Coffee” might be largely sawdust, or wheat, beans, beets, peas, and dandelion seeds, scorched black and ground to resemble the genuine article. Containers of “pepper,” “cinnamon,” or “nutmeg” were frequently laced with a cheaper filler material such as pulverized coconut shells, charred rope, or occasionally floor sweepings. “Flour” routinely contained crushed stone or gypsum as a cheap extender. Ground insects could be mixed into brown sugar, often without detection—their use linked to an unpleasant condition known as “grocer’s itch.”

By the end of the nineteenth century, the sweeping industrial revolution—and the rise of industrial chemistry—had also brought a host of new chemical additives and synthetic compounds into the food supply. Still unchecked by government regulation, basic safety testing, or even labeling requirements, food and drink manufacturers embraced the new materials with enthusiasm, mixing them into goods destined for the grocery store at sometimes lethal levels. The most popular preservative for milk—a product prone to rot in an era that lacked effective refrigeration—was formaldehyde, its use adapted from the newest embalming practices of undertakers. Processors employed formaldehyde solutions—sold under innocuous names such as Preservaline—to restore decaying meats as well. Other popular preservatives included salicylic acid, a pharmaceutical com- pound, and borax, a mineral- based material best known as a cleaning product.

Formaldehyde milk!

smCQ5WE.jpg
    ChanuscredeikiBethrynMrMistermatt has a problemwanderingKristmas KthulhuKanaPlaty
This discussion has been closed.