As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

gdi geth [chat]

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    I wonder how many people have come and gone from [chat] over the years

Dozens.

I no longer worry about getting Rent and Rust confused because they both faded away. :sad:

Well now we have casual, casual eddy, and eddy

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »

Dozens.

I no longer worry about getting Rent and Rust confused because they both faded away. :sad:

Well now we have casual, casual eddy, and eddy

We used to have an Edward and a Cass, too.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Wait, those aren't the same person?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Tolling out the names of the departed from a great and terrible tome like a grudge bound dwarf

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    If anyone's curious what Fireball Island looks like with its new expansion:

Di49Nloh.jpg

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    y'all whippersnappers

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    What are those yellow things in the center bottom board? Bugs?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    What are those yellow things in the center bottom board? Bugs?

They are the spiders of Spider Springs!

Touching them costs you a point.

The idea of the "Spring" is that if you launch spiders and they end up in the crag in the middle, you as a player are able to place the spiders on the island proper to lay traps.

There are also cards that drop spiders into Vul-Kar and basically make flaming lava spider bombs.

Edit: Also I didn't set up the spider egg treasure, which is like any other treasure except it can be stolen (like all the physical treasures) and if you have the most at the end of the game, you get an extra 12 points.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

you will either be delighted or horrified to learn today I created a script that will cut tickets to a specific user while selecting the CTI at random from a list of CTIs that user is in

Aioua you're a fucking monster hahahaha

holy shit though

@spool32 look, they asked me to take input from one system and use it to cut tickets

and I says to them I says, but that system only gives me user name, you need a CTI to cut a ticket!

but they were already off to their next meeting so I gotta do what I gotta do

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

you will either be delighted or horrified to learn today I created a script that will cut tickets to a specific user while selecting the CTI at random from a list of CTIs that user is in

Aioua you're a fucking monster hahahaha

holy shit though

@spool32 look, they asked me to take input from one system and use it to cut tickets

and I says to them I says, but that system only gives me user name, you need a CTI to cut a ticket!

but they were already off to their next meeting so I gotta do what I gotta do

"What if I took all these metrics and just goddamn randomized them?"

Vowels you've created an enormous series of haystacks and then a script to randomize needle distribution in them.

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    @spool32 you're ITIL certified right?

Ahahahaha <3

• Options
    CTI is too simplistic anyway. I prefer Type-cat-subcat

• Options
    To my credit, CTIs at my job aren't really used the official ITIL way for metrics and such, more as a directory for figuring out where the hell to assign things. So more like Org/Team/System.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Also, because I'm not an idiot, it cuts all those tickets with my skip-level as the requester.

👍

• Options
    edited October 2019
    To my credit, CTIs at my job aren't really used the official ITIL way for metrics and such, more as a directory for figuring out where the hell to assign things. So more like Org/Team/System.

yeah I see why you wouldn't care about org/team/system if the tech receiving the ticket is already known but still hnnnnng no, bad vowels! Bad!
    Also, because I'm not an idiot, it cuts all those tickets with my skip-level as the requester.

👍

This part is fuckin genius though

spool32 on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    We taught the puppy to ring a bell when he needs to go out

Now, in our defense, it seemed like a good idea

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mother fucker loves bells

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    happiness is a warm cum

Way to spoil the movie's ending!
    7b09dx8t4ufr.jpg

I adore this movie

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

It has a lot of vitality and flux
    I have an online community that is definitely shrinking/dying and can't really get new people and it's depressing. Chat never feels that way to me and I hang out here a lot more partially because of that.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I desperately want to play Fireball Island

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

It has a lot of vitality and flux
    I have an online community that is definitely shrinking/dying and can't really get new people and it's depressing. Chat never feels that way to me and I hang out here a lot more partially because of that.

I went through a lot of communities for years and I would get bored of them within a year or two. The Penny Arcade forums are a huge outlier for me. Even when the G&T chat thread exploded and there were a bunch of splinter communities formed elsewhere I eventually came back here. It's pretty good here.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i want to drink nyquil until I fall a sleep

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    i think i might fulfill my destiny as an alienated white man

i think

i will see the clown film

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @21stCentury I am finally exploring NG+ in cult simulator and my enemy lit a candle in the mansus and I almost succumbed to glorious visions of the Illuminated One
    (in the regular game I am not threatened by moods so this was unexpected)

NG+ kicks ass
    I went on a fishing expedition through reward decks for a card I wanted and now I need a follower to go with the card and then I will start mining the one dream path for something I hope is in there and then I will ascend past a crossroads and see what awaits
    Very interesting!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

i think

is this a political statement

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhvwyzC0lRk

Tired of dry chicken try the new chickenema.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    omfg the turbo tube

• Options
    I hope in 2000 years we are still making infomercials

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular

i think

Yes, just as the prophecy has foretold...

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    woah woah woah, what's that thing at the end of the video? it's like a tea infuser shaped butt plug. that wasn't in the rest of the video, why the bait and switch? you trying to trick me into putting a butt plug in my chicken??

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    I desperately want to play Fireball Island

Same, Arch. I've gotten a real playthrough of it once, at work. It's a perfect work/lunch game, because it is lighter and the stakes are low! But it takes up so much room to transport... blah. And that's before the new expansion came out.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    woah woah woah, what's that thing at the end of the video? it's like a tea infuser shaped butt plug. that wasn't in the rest of the video, why the bait and switch? you trying to trick me into putting a butt plug in my chicken??
    I think that's just the business end of the infuser thing. He's holding it from the mason jar end.

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    I think that's just the business end of the infuser thing. He's holding it from the mason jar end.

Earlier it didn't have the flared knot though.

• Options
    this review for the turbo roaster is a lot to unpack
    I made a roaster chicken with turbo roaster and it was the moistest white meat ever. My husband raved and he doesn't comment too often.

just thinking about a husband that has completely checked out, barely interacts with the family, is basically a warm body with a direct deposit, suddenly he looks up from inspecting the wood grain of the table and starts babbling ph'nglui mglw'nafh Turbo Roaster R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn, his skin glowing and as moist as the chicken that he can't stop ingesting

• Options

yeah it probably spreads the moisture around but why didn't they show it before when they were impaling the chicken countless times during the commercial

• Options

yeah it probably spreads the moisture around but why didn't they show it before when they were impaling the chicken countless times during the commercial

well can't start out on the big plug

you gotta work your way up

• Options
    edited October 2019
    uRy4dUP.jpg

Damnit, Target... that town is less than an hour away.

If it takes you literally a week to get this across Illinois, I'm going to have a conniption fit. I already cancelled my Amazon order because they kept promising it would be here this week then failed to have it in stock (and Target was offering $25 off)...

Omega Supreme was one of my most prized toys as a kid. You will not stop me from having this modern interpretation!

Athenor on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh

A girl just walked by me wearing ahegao leggings

Ehhh

This discussion has been closed.