As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fight your brain and/or a child in [Disco Elysium]

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    That guy for sure should not have hit on his direct report
    Yeah but the answer to that is not to blackmail him with the threat of the law in order to reduce an entirely unrelated tab.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I guess

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I finally bought this and started playing it and it’s fucking amazing. I think this is likely going to be my GOTY, and that’s after like 1-2 hours of play.

Coupled with the fact that Planscape: Torment just released on Switch (which I beat once, long ago) and Baldur’s Gate I and II (neither of which I have ever beaten) and I am in glorious RPG mode.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I need some hints re finding
    ruby

And a person to
    do a fake signature for the contract

• Options
    Yeah I’m 100% fucking stuck

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I feel like I've done an okay job not being an asshole, post wakeup.
    If you were concerned that you would be forced into being a bastard, I would say to give it a go.
    Shittiest thing I've done so far is break into a space I was forbidden.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    ruby

And a person to

Not sure on the first one.

For the second one.
    There is an option to have the drunks in the little village sign it. They are just south of the people that are actually suppose to sign it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I just finished this game and got what seems to be a kinda satisfactory ending. Really curious how else this can end.

End-Game Spoilers.
    Taking the photo of the giant stick bug seemed very important to getting the rest of your precinct to take you back. I got the actual murder solved and the murder dead to rights with full MO and weapon. I guess there is more out there about the anomaly in the church because when I suggested it to my team your mind says you didn't do enough to support that idea so I guess being super drunk was the cause of the amnesia. Six of the hardy boys died in addition to two of the mercs and that could probably have gone different but would have needed far different skills from my character as I think I did it as well as I could have. Also I let the lady in the hostel get away but she really seemed like a victim even at the end and her point of getting killed by the corporations if we arrested her stuck in my head.

Really want to start a new game with way different stats.

This is currently pretty high up on my GOTY list.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    ruby

And a person to

Ruby
    My hint involves needing to examine that huge mural on the side of the abandoned factor where the dad and his kid are. It is a tough skill check.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    alright

i definitely fucked up my entire second day and now the fritte is closed (and i can't even find enough bottle) and i don't have any money and i can't go to bed

i kinda wish i could just bum it somewhere

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I’m 100% fucking stuck

Still from the door bug? Or because of how things played out.

I think you were further then me so I’m hesitant to click your spoilers.

• Options
    It is crazy to finish a game where there is like no help yet online. That hasn’t been a thing I’ve experienced in a long time. It really made me have to sit back and try stuff.

• Options
    i have decided to redo my second day

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    ruby

And a person to

This game is branching and weird enough that I don't know if I can give concrete answers, but I can say how I did it:
    First, I got Titus to give Ruby up. He pointed me toward the coast.

Then, the old woman who washes clothes implied that she knew Ruby, had maybe helped her in the past, but gave me no new info.

Then, I searched the cabin the old woman allows you access to. I found a bullet casing, presumably Ruby's. I used that casing to get more info out of the old woman.

I then explored the coast, and found my way to the Feld building.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I just finished this game and got what seems to be a kinda satisfactory ending. Really curious how else this can end.

End-Game Spoilers.
    Taking the photo of the giant stick bug seemed very important to getting the rest of your precinct to take you back. I got the actual murder solved and the murder dead to rights with full MO and weapon. I guess there is more out there about the anomaly in the church because when I suggested it to my team your mind says you didn't do enough to support that idea so I guess being super drunk was the cause of the amnesia. Six of the hardy boys died in addition to two of the mercs and that could probably have gone different but would have needed far different skills from my character as I think I did it as well as I could have. Also I let the lady in the hostel get away but she really seemed like a victim even at the end and her point of getting killed by the corporations if we arrested her stuck in my head.

We had nearly identical paths/outcomes, it sounds like.

I fucking loved the denouement of this game. I am worried that if I say why, I will inadvertently poison people's expectations, so I'll be vague.

But it was sad, and simple, and human, and surprising, and inevitable. It paid off some things I did not expect to get paid off. It utilized metaphor to come out swinging for idealism, in a game that can often seem cynical.

I cannot wait to dive back in and see what else this motherfucker has to say

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    My god that was a series of fuck ups on my part

J E S U S

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    My god that was a series of fuck ups on my part

J E S U S
    i refused to try and catch anything out of fear of how badly it would spiral out of control when I inevitably fucked up catching it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I let my fucking neck tie down

I'm also super close to the end and a bunch of my of save files just explode the game when I load them

This is kind of super annoying I had to revert before the big thing and sadly do a redo

I learned some funny outcomes tho

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

End-Game Spoilers.

I fucking loved the denouement of this game. I am worried that if I say why, I will inadvertently poison people's expectations, so I'll be vague.

But it was sad, and simple, and human, and surprising, and inevitable. It paid off some things I did not expect to get paid off. It utilized metaphor to come out swinging for idealism, in a game that can often seem cynical.

I feel like this is the kind of game where I'll do a couple playthroughs legit, and then use CheatEngine to totally break my stats just to see what happens. Should be a fun time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    for a game where it's very satisfying to reinvent yourself, gosh all the scenes about discovering stuff about your past hit hard

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Yeah damn this game was wild

I have more to say think I but the words are nuanced

dunno it's

Very disco.....

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019

End-Game Spoilers.

Now since I figured the church ill just post some hilarious things that might have been different if you wanna read em

as I said tho my saves exploded and I had to redo a bit which changed what happened but

end game spoilers please finish it if ya are
    So I wont get into the church of how fucked the pale is (its a metaphor obvs) you REALLY crank the beat up when you figure out a mystery that keeps not looking like a mystery that dates all the way back to the doomed dock.

Anyways

inland empire/necktie stuff
    Dunno if you got the bum spirits and made a cocktail out of your necktie but you can throw it at the mercs and missing/not missing is pretty hilarious I missed the first time which led to Kim getting shot (although he could have any ways after I merc'd the merc) and if Kim gets shot
    CUNO BECOMES YOUR PARTNER

I wanna see how that one ends

Anyways the rest is the same really Kim snitched on my drug lab but stood up for me and I recruited him because hes a hoss

With shivers and inland tho you get a lot of world building and its super interesting!

To my true friends I am TEQUILA SUNSET

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    In order to have a higher likelihood of jumping the gap, I removed my pants and shoes.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Well, I finished the game.

I cannot wait to play it again with another build and see what did I miss.

I loved this game, it is really of the best titles I have ever played in my life.

10/10.

ENTIRE GAME SPOILERS
    - I never found my gun, because I refused to help Ervart, because I assumed that my skills were heavily suggesting me that it would have serious negative consequences
    - I assume this is why I failed to succesfully deal with the Tribunal situation, as even when all my skillchecks succeeded, 75 % of Hardie boys still died.
    - I played 2/2/4/4 as a Sorrycop and I really enjoyed how my character was being summarized throughout the adventure, and especially during the final dialogue with my squad.
    - Due to my low psyche, I did not learn everything I could have about Klaasje, so this is something for my second playthrough.
    - I also mostly ignored the church questline.
    - Finishing the game took my 16 hours, but I am a pretty quick reader. I confronted Ruby at the end of day 3, and solved the case during day 5. First I destroyed the machine, so she commited suicide. I reloaded and talked with her without antagonizing her, I am not proud of that, but I am too soft. I also thought about reloading after Tribunal scene, but in the end I decided to live with the consequences.
    - I enounctered Phasmid and took a photo of it.
    - Im not bothered that the person responsible for everything only shows up during last 10 minutes of the story. For me, as much as it was a crime story, it was also the story about who is my character, how does he deal with whats happening around, and what is the story of this place - and history of the city, its politics, etc. are more than enough to explain why the murder took place.
    - I was not able to make peace with Cuno after I confiscated his speed :-(
    - I though there would be some epilogue explaining what happened to the cast - sadly, it was not there.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    also, i'm now up to the 4th day (and i'm trying to track down the firing position on the promenade which doesn't seem to be triggering anywhere obvious)

but redoing the 2nd day was definitely worth it. a lot of choices were way more satisfying

• Options
    one thing with the skill checks is there are some where it's pretty good to just roll with the failures and whatnot, but then there are a bunch of other ones where it's just a gate to stop you from pursuing a thread, and the only way to try and get past is to just wait until something else gives you a skillpoint and then retry until you get it and it's not super satisfying

• Options
    Getting that hanging cargo container open spoilers with what is inside.
    There was an incredibly rich dude inside, so rich that the difference in wealth between him and me actually bent light around him. I failed a skill check to propose a business venture and he still just gave me 100 real as seed money. There was an even harder skill check for a more outlandish venture. I can't imagine how much he might have given if I'd passed the either checks because holy shit 100 real is a fortune in this game!

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    one thing with the skill checks is there are some where it's pretty good to just roll with the failures and whatnot, but then there are a bunch of other ones where it's just a gate to stop you from pursuing a thread, and the only way to try and get past is to just wait until something else gives you a skillpoint and then retry until you get it and it's not super satisfying

This is the biggest problem I had with the game. I spent about two hours gated behind a shivers skill check and eventually save scummed it.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I was wondering if rolls were cached or not but I guess that answers that.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Having beaten the game, a question:
    Is there a way to get into the Bunker besides pure luck on a 20-point skill check? It seemed like it might be relevant but I never had it matter. I feel like I did almost all of the side-quests in some fashion except for having pawned the shot-put ball for rent, so I never finished the "toss the ball into the sea" quest.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    also

this is certainly a game to be playing as i feel like i'm beginning my own descent into job-induced alcoholism

• Options
    also i think i'm stuck pretty badly on a day 3/4 check that means i can't advance anywhere
    Convincing Titus to tell you about Ruby. I've only got 1 logic, and I think i've gotten all the clues I can (i sold the gun in the basement a few days ago so i can't present it to titus, unfortunately). And I can't put any more points into logic, so the check is just locked. Maybe there's one other clue to find, but for the life of me i can't seem to find anything that will help me advance the case

• Options
    turns out the solution was to smoke some cigarettes, buy some tracksuit pants and then pester some people to tell me about the COCAINE SKULL and that got me just enough skill points to level up

• Options
    well

it's 2am on a worknight

but that was really special. It was a wonderful, fantastic little thing.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    turns out the solution was to smoke some cigarettes, buy some tracksuit pants and then pester some people to tell me about the COCAINE SKULL and that got me just enough skill points to level up

honestly this is the solution to a lot of life problems

• Options
    In case anyone is wondering whether drinking affects things, plot wise:
    It does, in a minor sense. I was sober throughout, and Kim brought it up when I was being yelled at by my unit at the end of the game.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

honestly this is the solution to a lot of life problems

But also the start of a lot of them too...

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    It does, in a minor sense. I was sober throughout, and Kim brought it up when I was being yelled at by my unit at the end of the game.

The somewhat annoying thing about that:
    I had, I believe, one drink and two smokes throughout the game, and the end implied that I reeked of alcohol and had been doing hard drugs. I wish the flag was a bit more nuanced about how much/how recently you've been drinking (including noting if you're specifically drunk/high at the end of game conversation)

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Did you do any drugs?
    I did not but the talk kinda implied I had?

• Options

Did you do any drugs?
    I did not but the talk kinda implied I had?
    I didn't. I did acquire some, but made sure Kim wasn't there when I did.