As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    Zoe/Diana is FIRE though. It's like an aggro deck that just decides to start throwing dragons at you if you survive the opener. Got back most of the rank I lost playing the lee deck

Code please!

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    i just looked at the leaderboard and one of the top 10 people had the deck there and thats where i got it from.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Looking forward to the Vault tomorrow and the new LoR info on Friday. You still playing @Dibby? Haven't heard from you in a while. :)

Also, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get a free Epic Wild Card by linking your account.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2021
    My Vault was crazy. The first Platinum Chest had 5 Common Wild Cards, then 3 Common and 2 Rare Wild Cards. None of them were upgrades. Just straight up nuts right there. Then I got a Champion which was 750 Shards.

In total, 11 Common WC, 3 Rare WC, 1 Champion WC, and 3.2k Shards. Nice haul! Boy, this is such a "rich getting richer" game...except we're all rich. :biggrin:

Side note: All region tracks at level 30. Bring on the new bars to fil!

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    I had 2 extra bonus capsules and my vault still didn't seem that great. I got a fizz which is cool I guess.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Looking forward to the Vault tomorrow and the new LoR info on Friday. You still playing Dibby? Haven't heard from you in a while. :)

Also, if you have Amazon Prime, you can get a free Epic Wild Card by linking your account.

Still playing! Just, not very much this past week or so.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I got a bunch more wild cards this week which I am very happy about.

Have been playing Viktor/Riven which is fun to play and also helping me climb. Will probably make a scuffed scoots deck soon.

I was just messing around in normal queue with this

CICQCAIBD4AQGAICAIBACBQJAIBAGBIIAMAQGDJFFABQCAQBAIAQEAYEAIAQGDZGAQAQCAZTAEBAGAYBAMARMAQBAECCO

I dropped a darius and captain decimate from the list I found online because I didn't have extras, but just added a trynd and a feel the rush. It's pretty fun and there hasn't been a deck I've felt useless against yet.

I'm a big fan of a token feel the rush in any deck that can run it. Also burn might be a bit strong with life capped at 20.

I was just messing around in normal queue with this

CICQCAIBD4AQGAICAIBACBQJAIBAGBIIAMAQGDJFFABQCAQBAIAQEAYEAIAQGDZGAQAQCAZTAEBAGAYBAMARMAQBAECCO

I dropped a darius and captain decimate from the list I found online because I didn't have extras, but just added a trynd and a feel the rush. It's pretty fun and there hasn't been a deck I've felt useless against yet.

I'm a big fan of a token feel the rush in any deck that can run it. Also burn might be a bit strong with life capped at 20.

I've actually heard the opposite from some players. There's a lot of healing options in the game, as long as you're in the right regions (SI, Targon, and Frej being the best). Although I don't think any healing cards are gonna help if the aggro opponent hits a solid 1-3 curve going first. You might clear the board with AoE and live. Not impossible, but it's an uphill battle from there

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    It might just be that there is a lot of extra damage from the aggro cards. Like the ones that ping you when they attack or die. And the ones that hit for 2 when they come into play. Like they will do that damage anyway, and might trade up, or your opponent might be forced to use removal just to survive. I feel like a lot of games I win come off the back of a few life leech dudes that keep be like 1-2 life from burn range. But often they get shut down by grand plaza stuff, general removal, or stuff like mf or gps attack triggers. I think early defense options kinda suck comparatively. I also think the +2/+2 and can block elusive should cost 3. The opportunity cost of using it is low and almost always nets nearly double it's cost in value at the least.

Like there aren't any really cheap options to deal with a 5/5 mf when her attack trigger kills barrier.

Might just be a symptom of plaza scouts being absurd right now.

I just got to Platinum off of a Jinx/Draven aggro deck.

CIBAMAIDA4ERIIZHG4DACBABBQOCOKBNAIAQGAYPAEBQIEQA

I also learned something new today: if you block a Lifesteal unit with a unit that has Survival Skills active, they only Lifesteal for the amount that sets the Survival Skills unit to 1 health.

My opponent was at 4 Nexus health and had a flipped Karma on the board. They played Solari Sunforger (5/4 w/Lifesteal that turn), then buffed it to a 9/6 with a Pale Cascade (doubled from Karma). They attacked with the Sunforger and I blocked with Jinx and played a Get Excited on the Sunforger and discarded Survival Skills to make Jinx unable to go below 1 health this turn.

The Sunforger died (3 from Get Excited + 4 from Jinx) and Jinx lived with 1 health (from her base of 3). My opponent's Nexus only healed for 2 though because Jinx only took 2 damage. I thought they'd heal for the full 9, but I guess the Survival Skills doesn't apply overage and cancels everything over the damage taken to get to 1 health.

Neat!

eupslj4poibi.jpg

Also, this deck is great for laddering. It's super fast and deals a lot of damage. And even if you lose, the games are over quick so you can get to it again much more quickly. For mulligans, you want a 1 and 2 drop and Draven. If your 1-drop is Draven's Biggest Fan, you can mulligan away Draven as he'll be guaranteed on your turn 2 draw. If you have 1, 2, and Draven, then look for a discard buff card (Vision, Flame Chompers, Survival Skills, or Jury Rig). The best starting hand is DBF, House Spider, Vision, Crowd Favorite.

Play out your curve and look for a big attack on turn 3/4. You'll have a guaranteed discard from the Spinning Axe to activate your discard buff card. It's a lot for most decks to deal with and extremely consistent to hit. Finish games out with Jinx or Crowd Favorite.

Bonus tech: If you have a Draven in play, another Draven in hand (now a Draven's Whirling Death), a Spinning Axe, and Survival Skills you can attack/block with Draven, use a Spinning Axe on him to discard Survival Skills, then Draven's Whirling Death on another enemy unit to level him up! One axe hit from the Whirling Death and one axe hit from the attack/defend. It doesn't happen often, but is a big swing when it does.

Anyway, good luck out there!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    Draven is a really strong champ. He has the 1 drop that tutors him up, has first strike, and a zero cost attack buff to essentially always make him at least a 4/3. The synergy with jynx is pretty crazy too. I just don't have the dust/wildcards for the deck. I've played against the deck and it comes at you fast. All the synergy makes pretty much everything a must answer.

Draven is a really strong champ. He has the 1 drop that tutors him up, has first strike, and a zero cost attack buff to essentially always make him at least a 4/3. The synergy with jynx is pretty crazy too. I just don't have the dust/wildcards for the deck. I've played against the deck and it comes at you fast. All the synergy makes pretty much everything a must answer.

Draven is a safe 3-of for crafting. Unless he gets a major nerf, he’s just solid all-around. You can add Twisted Fate to the safe craft list as well.

I’m really impressed with the discard synergies in this game versus hearthstone. It’s crazy how choosing your discard makes the archetype work so well. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think i've mentioned it but i have to assume that hearthstone straight up does not have the functionality for a spell to have multiple selected targets, which makes discard synergies functionally impossible to not randomize. horrid system.

(and that's not even getting into if the engine can support "selecting a card in a hand as a target" because i don't believe that i've ever seen a card do that either)

liEt3nH.png
    edited January 2021
    2021 update!

https://youtu.be/J0ExLmG810A

Spoilers (w/image):
    8vst6njfi0yz.jpg
    gevdh9nvfkys.png

New Region: Shurima
    New Keywords
    New Shurima Poro!
    More Champions, even outside of expansion releases
    New Champion Aphelios arriving next month
    Champion Mastery unlocks flair and stuff
    New Co-Op Lab next week

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2021
    Some of those new duders look very similar to the Solari.

Bedlam on
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    With my vault winnings I picked up a second Lux and a Karma and put together a deck to try out their combo. With only three total copies of the pair, it's obviously not amazing, but it's a a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the pieces.

Most of my other decks have been aggressive, in one way or another: it's a rare turn where I pass without attacking and feel like it's the move I want be making. With Karma/Lux, though, often the first three rounds go by and my best move is to take a few hits, build up my mana and fist full of spells, and only then start putting my board together. It's a slower, more deliberative way of playing that asks different questions about the game state, and I'm liking the change of pace a bunch. It puts my up against the turn timer more often than I'm used to.

The only real downside is that oftentimes I'll get Karma and Lux out together, throw some spells to get duplicate Final Sparks in hand, only to have the other player surrender, which is a little bit of a let down, but also totally understandable.

I remember Karma/Lux being a pretty good deck when LoR launched. It's fallen off a bit, but still can find some uses.

And Karma is hands-down the best Champion in the game once she's flipped. Double casting spells is so busted. She's balanced out by having to get to turn 10 and keeping her alive though. She definitely enables a lot of goofy fun once she's up and running.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    Yeah, for sure. And she plays a fun risk/reward game. On the one hand, you want to wait to play her so she'll level right away and get you that doublecast goodness. On the other, you want to play her ASAP to get as many free spells as you can. But playing her early means she's a target for longer. Sharp design.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    2021 update!

Spoilers (w/image):
    8vst6njfi0yz.jpg
    gevdh9nvfkys.png

New Keywords
    New Shurima Poro!
    New Co-Op Lab next week

Ugh, co-op.

New cards is cool though. Aphelios looks as hard to understand in LoR as he is in LoL so I guess that's nice.

shryke wrote: »
    2021 update!

Spoilers (w/image):
    8vst6njfi0yz.jpg
    gevdh9nvfkys.png

New Keywords
    New Shurima Poro!
    New Co-Op Lab next week

Ugh, co-op.

New cards is cool though. Aphelios looks as hard to understand in LoR as he is in LoL so I guess that's nice.

What's wrong with co-op? The co-op Brawl in Hearthstone was my favorite Brawl.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    edited January 2021
    Yeah I am really excited for Co-op! This game is a lot more fun when you play with someone else anyhow so you can talk about strategies. Who's gonna tell you how much of a greedy monster you are if you play alone? (Thanks coach!)

Also, I did really awful on Singleton gauntlet last time. Any advice out there? I assume Targon/Fjordland are the best for this format?

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
    From what I've seen, Feel the Rush, Go Hard, and Plaza Scouts are the top decks in the format.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    From what I've seen, Feel the Rush, Go Hard, and Plaza Scouts are the top decks in the format.

Ah no, it's Singleton this week

Narwhal#1834
    narwhal wrote: »

Ah no, it's Singleton this week

Ah, right! I think I've played Gauntlet once for the reward.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I think I'm gonna netdeck this: CEAAACAMAEAQGBYLCQLB2HQ7FEVDAMQDAMDAOCAPBAAQGBALB4KCGJJIGMDAEBQCAUECAJR2AMBACAQHBIBAGAICAYBQGAYGA4GQGAQDAEDQQ

Midrange Bilge/Nox/Freljord

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    shryke wrote: »
    2021 update!

Spoilers (w/image):
    8vst6njfi0yz.jpg
    gevdh9nvfkys.png

New Keywords
    New Shurima Poro!
    New Co-Op Lab next week

Ugh, co-op.

What's wrong with co-op? The co-op Brawl in Hearthstone was my favorite Brawl.

Co-op is useless when you have no one else to play with.

You've got lots of people here! Or you can just roll with a rando. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    introvertedgiant #1777 if people want to add me for co op.

I tried to add Dover before but it wouldn't let me copy/paste so I gave up trying. The OP is over a year old and Sir Fabs last post was September so someone is going to have to make a new thread when this one gets locked.

Also is there a way to format my name so the I and G are uppercase? I guess I made it all lower when I signed up :confused:

Bedlam wrote: »

I tried to add Dover before but it wouldn't let me copy/paste so I gave up trying. The OP is over a year old and Sir Fabs last post was September so someone is going to have to make a new thread when this one gets locked.

Also is there a way to format my name so the I and G are uppercase? I guess I made it all lower when I signed up :confused:

I know that my username was jularlmin which was the username when I made a LoL account ages ago, but that's not a username I use anymore and I changed it to be narwhal. I think it also let me change my # which I changed to 1834 so my account is narwhal #1834. I know I did it through the riot website, but I can't recall the exact steps I took. I do know it was fairly easy to do.

Narwhal#1834
    Bedlam wrote: »

I figured I’d make the new thread when the time comes.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2021
    I tried the deck Yilias posted and got three wins.

Its not a prime glory but its better than I did the last time so thank you for posting it.

Also tried to add the capitals but keep my number on the website and it said "username was taken" so i'll just leave it lowercase.

Bedlam on
    Got to 6 wins with Singleton today, using Targon/Fjordland, and SI. Lost to a very aggro deck at the very end :(

Narwhal#1834
    Went 3-1 this morning with the Jinx/Draven aggro deck I posted a few days ago. It's a pretty cheap and powerful deck, so I'd recommend it if you're collection is still a bit lacking.

CIBAMAIDA4ERIIZHG4DACBABBQOCOKBNAIAQGAYPAEBQIEQA

Of my 4 matches, 3 were Scout Plaza which I was 2-1 against (the loss a staring hand). Plat is full of tryhards. :biggrin:

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Hullo all, I've been tinkering with a Grand Plaza dragons deck. CIAAGAIBAANAGAYAAUFAWBADBECRGHBTAQBQEAABAUDQGAYAAYEA6BQBAAFRSIBFFUZAYAYJAMEQ6JRWJBKFKV2YMRXA
    Its brought me through silver alright. I'm about to hit gold with it. I even slammed a deep deck, which has always been a bane to me. If you try it out lemme know if you had fun 🙂

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
    I jammed Plaza Scouts to Diamond today but now its wall to wall Go Hard there. I think I'll do the rest with Lee Sin and try to finish climbing before the new PoE league starts Friday.

edited January 2021
    Yilias wrote: »
    I jammed Plaza Scouts to Diamond today but now its wall to wall Go Hard there. I think I'll do the rest with Lee Sin and try to finish climbing before the new PoE league starts Friday.

Are you running Swim's Pool Shark/Chain Vest version or the standard build?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    For Scouts? Super standard list that I netdecked like a week ago. CICAEAQGCY7AEAYABIHAGAIABEOTGAYCAABAMCIDAEAQAFIBAIAAOAQCAYEDUAICAEABUJI

Looking at Swim's one with Pool Shark and Croaker it's probably better, lack of draw is a huge weakness and the deck can peter out hard.
    Why Chain Vest over a 3rd Ranger's Resolve though?

For Scouts? Super standard list that I netdecked like a week ago. CICAEAQGCY7AEAYABIHAGAIABEOTGAYCAABAMCIDAEAQAFIBAIAAOAQCAYEDUAICAEABUJI

Looking at Swim's one with Pool Shark and Croaker it's probably better, lack of draw is a huge weakness and the deck can peter out hard.

Apparently Chain Vest has been a huge blowout card for him in this meta. Initially he was testing it in the Fiora/Shen deck, which makes a lot of sense in that deck, but has found similar value in it on Miss Fortune and certain Scouts. Not entirely sure of the difference of the temp/permanent buff application here, but Swim's a lot better than me so I fall in line like a drone. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page

Apparently Chain Vest has been a huge blowout card for him in this meta. Initially he was testing it in the Fiora/Shen deck, which makes a lot of sense in that deck, but has found similar value in it on Miss Fortune and certain Scouts. Not entirely sure of the difference of the temp/permanent buff application here, but Swim's a lot better than me so I fall in line like a drone. :)

Presumably having it on one important unit for multiple turns has proven useful enough often enough to cut one full-board-tough for it. Which I can definitely see with that deck given it's need to protect units like Miss Fortune and the fact that often the assault on your units is gonna come targeting only one of them.