[Legends of Runeterra]: Plunder a Poro in this Pack-Free Pleaser

1343537394044

Posts

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I just got into Gold! The climb continues.

    Did they mention anywhere the length of the seasons or how far you fall back on reset?

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    KasynIvellius
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Seasons are 2 months each. Reset is minus 800 points which is 8 ranks.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    MNC Dover
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It is only fitting that, after a six-win run carried by Purrsuit, my first game in the next trial loses to a Catastrophe.

    YL9WnCY.png
    KasynMNC Dovershryke
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    Seasons are 2 months each. Reset is minus 800 points which is 8 ranks.

    It actually scales with how high you are. Masters is 800, diamond and plat is 675, etc.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    First pair of expedition runs went 6 wins and 0 wins. The first run my deck was so good, but lost on my game ending open attack when my opponent played an Atrocity for exact lethal. The second draft was complete garbage so I dropped it after one loss.

    Got a Champion from the Epic Capsule. Nice!

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    After preventing Atrocity with Unyielding Spirit, I am suddenly compelled to say the card is balanced.

    YL9WnCY.png
    MNC DoverkimePolaritie
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Is roping someone with the username D Trump Jr praxis?

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Is roping someone with the username D Trump Jr praxis?

    I'll allow it.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    There's a poetic justice to the triple attack win over a burn player at the end of their turn who was certainly screaming "that's bullshit I would have won if I could have untapped!"

  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    US is an effect that shouldn't exist at any cost because it breaks interaction. Even if you reduce the speed of the effect, it's still a "this is your only chance to ever interact with this creature again" in too many cases.

    On a different note, I'm just getting tired of people who can't play at a decent speed. When someone is taking 5-10s to hit the pass button when they literally have no possible actions. When they're way ahead and just making me sit there an extra minute or two hoping to draw an out because they can't make up their mind how ahead they want to be. Etc.

    People go into options and turn off auto pass?

    There are times when I wouldn't want them to know I don't have anything, especially in very reactive control decks.
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    ChaosHat wrote: »

    It doesn't break interaction. You can still block the creature, challenge it out of your way, frostbite or stun it, there's lots of shit you can do!
    I think they mean interact with US, not the card it's played on. It's burst, you can't stop it or kill the creature before it receives it (while it's being cast), so you can't interact with it beyond Ionian shenanigans or Detain....

    Doesn't someone have a mind control now?

    I mean you can't interact with ANY buff once it's happened. Stand Alone or Twin Disciplines, or whatever. You have to interact with the thing it's on.

    Person 1: "I wish my opponents wouldn't runt he clock on me"

    Person 2:

    Person 1: "I don't want to turn on auto-pass so I can intentionally run the clock on my opponents"

    They should really just always have auto-pass on and no way to turn it off. It isn't smart or strategic, just annoying.

  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Turning off auto-pass is pretty key if you want to bluff stuff by holding up mana. It's something of an issue in Arena because you can fish for information by playing stuff and seeing if the client offers them a stop to respond.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    kimeChaosHat
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Yes. And they should remove that because it is annoying and ineffective

    MNC Dover
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    What? Denial of information is extremely effective. Otherwise you could do stuff like use autopass information to confirm that they do or don't have a response in hand, like "Oh he doesn't have a Deny/Will of Ionia, I can use Atrocity and not worry about counterplay".

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    ChaosHatThis
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Yeah. And they should get rid of it.

    Turning off auto-pass is the not wearing a mask in public of card games. Or not using a blinker while turning a car.

    Burtletoy on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I'm not following how bluffing in card games is comparable to endangering public health, but bluffing is a pretty key component of strategy games of all types including card games.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
    ChaosHatJimboThisstopgap
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Yes. And they should remove that because it is annoying and ineffective

    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. There's obviously a difference between roping and taking half a second to think. The auto pass is so artificially fast that it is obvious you didn't hit the button unless you're just sitting there clicking it as fast as humanly possible, and that information means "oh he definitely has no combat trick" versus "oh maybe I should play around a potential trick." It's not even then but for the future turns.

    It also is nice to just have a half second to think about what's going on instead of the game autopiloting through your turn. Even if you have nothing to do, it's nice to take time to consider what your opponent is doing and why they're doing it, and what it might mean. It's a card game, hidden information matters a lot.

    ChaosHat on
    This
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Auto-pass never seems particularly fast to me.

  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The autopass is dumb as shit, it should only pass if you have zero mana. I leave it on because I'm lazy and I'm only plat so my opponents probably aren't paying that much attention, but the game going HEY I DON'T HAVE BARRIER OR SINGLE COMBAT shouldn't be how it works.

    t1iylq0d7o1p.png
    kimeChaosHat
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Yeah. And they should get rid of it.

    Turning off auto-pass is the not wearing a mask in public of card games. Or not using a blinker while turning a car.

    Wearing a mask in public is how you don't kill innocent people

    Maybe this is not quite the same thing?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    SeGaTaiChaosHatThisstopgap
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    No one else thinks your bluffing is as effective as you think it is.

    And, yes, card games are not life threatening, which is why I specifically said that. Thank you for repeating my words at me.

    Burtletoy on
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That's just not true? Every game of Bannerman vs Corina I played last season required me to respect Ruination and them to respect Deny.

    Twitch - Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    No one else thinks your bluffing is as effective as you think it is.

    And, yes, card games are not life threatening, which is why I specifically said that. Thank you for repeating my words at me.

    It's not about bluffing. It's about not screaming "I have no counterplays do whatever you want without fear of reprisal." Sometimes you have to make your opponent respect that you have something. If you put them in a 50/50, there's a chance they play wrong in the absence of perfect information.

    But you're clearly not a person who thinks about what they're doing as they're doing it which is why this point is flying over your head.

    I have passed on doing things because I couldn't be 100% certain they didn't do a deny or other counterplay and felt it was safer to pass and fight another day, than to play whatever it was and just get totally blown the fuck out.

    ChaosHat on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Thank you for the character attacks. Very good argument. Totally changed my mind, calling me dumb.

    Anyways, they should totally allow roping to thrive, cause one time it helped someone trick their opponent.

  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    It's not a trick at all. Maybe you should try slowing down and thinking. I wouldn't describe thinking as roping, but you must be extremely impatient.

    kime
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I’m no mod, but maybe we should just dial this all back a bit. How about a change to the auto-pass feature that randomizes the auto-pass from 1-3 seconds. You still get the auto-pass, but it might not be as obvious what’s in your hand.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    KasynPolaritieIvellius
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    There is a good gameplay reason for autopass to not be mandatory. Definitely agree that it would be a nice QoL compromise to have an additional setting that players who care about that would be comfortable enabling for live play, like the above.

    Kasyn on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I think I've encountered very few people intentionally roping and the problem described is overblown. I especially don't think someone taking one to two very long terms out of a whole game is roping, they might just need to think. And therein lies the point. Whether or not I have to think is information that is germane to the game state.

    kimeThis
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Auto-pass never seems particularly fast to me.

    Yeah. I have auto-pass turned on and I still click pass before the game dozens of times a match

    shrykeMNC Dovergigawatt666
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    I even think that LoR has an overly generous rope system and it's really not that bad. And the whole "taking time to think has never fooled anyone" like what even is the game of poker about if not that?

    "Poker needs an auto pass, if you don't immediately call you fold."

    kime
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Well, probably because no one said that.

    But maybe call me too dumb to know roping is good again. That'll get your point across

    Burtletoy on
    shryke
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    I've had a few loooong games because the dude I'm playing starts roping so I turn off auto pass and rope as long as I can every turn while watching tv or doing something else, usually they catch on and smarten up but sometimes it'll turn into like an hour long game when they double down. I regret nothing if they're being asses I'll waste their time too while doing other shit around my house. Doesn't bother me if they do it occasionally but fuck people who do it every turn

    taliosfalcon on
    shrykeMNC Dover
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 21
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Well, probably because no one said that.

    But maybe call me too dumb to know roping is good again. That'll get your point across

    I didn't call you dumb. I meant you play too fast without considering. There's a difference.

    It is obviously not a 1:1 comparison. But they're both card games with a board state and decision making based on imperfect information. So it's a pretty good comparison.

    ChaosHat on
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Well, probably because no one said that.

    But maybe call me too dumb to know roping is good again. That'll get your point across

    I didn't call you dumb. I meant you play too fast without considering. There's a difference.

    It is obviously not a 1:1 comparison. But they're both card games with a board state and decision making based on imperfect information. So it's a pretty good comparison.

    Please dude. You said "But you're clearly not a person who thinks about what they're doing as they're doing it which is why this point is flying over your head." If you don't think that's insulting, you should seriously recalibrate your social skills.

    stopgap
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Ended up with 6, 7, and 1 win Expedition runs this week. Boy, that last pair of drafts were painfully bad. Oh well, I’m happy with the others.maybe I’ll start the push to platinum.

    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 22
    I'm sorry. Burtletoy is not dumb and it was rude of me to say that. At no point did I mean to imply that he was actually of lesser mental stature.

    ChaosHat on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Knock it off, geez.

    YL9WnCY.png
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I can't, uhhh, edit my decks anymore?

    Is that a bug on android or just me?

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I can't, uhhh, edit my decks anymore?

    Is that a bug on android or just me?

    Seems to be fine when I just tried it on desktop.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Are you sure you're in the collection screen and not the play screen? The decks and the interface all look the same.

    shryke
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I love how you can see the art for the full card in the collection. It's great to see the full sized piece and I wish other games had that.

    And if anyone wants to add me my Riot ID is Viciari NA.

    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    kime
Sign In or Register to comment.