As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legends of Runeterra]: Enjoy Early and Evening Engagements in this Excellent Expansion

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I really get annoyed by people who can't play at a decent speed.

Even more annoying is that there doesn't seem to be the Magic equivalent where if you are gone and cycle through two timers you lose. As far as I can tell you just have a shortened timer.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Just got my first win with an Elnuk deck. I mean, it took four games to get there, so it's not exactly an OP deck by any means, but OH BOY is it a fun time when it goes off.

• Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    ED! wrote: »
    I really get annoyed by people who can't play at a decent speed.

Even more annoying is that there doesn't seem to be the Magic equivalent where if you are gone and cycle through two timers you lose. As far as I can tell you just have a shortened timer.

I did have someone auto lose after a few timers, I can't remember how long it took.

• Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Just got my first win with an Elnuk deck. I mean, it took four games to get there, so it's not exactly an OP deck by any means, but OH BOY is it a fun time when it goes off.

I drafted an elnuk deck to try it out and it seems to work out 50% of the time. Have 4 packs and 6 other elnuks

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I lost a game to my opponent playing two Elusive ladies and I having no way to deal with them. When I went to pull the 2/1, they buffed it by +2/+2. Happened again when I tried pulling two turns later.

Reminds me of those unblockable Merfolk in MtG:A. I guess sometimes you just lose. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    Anyone in this room getting a 'stutter' in game? Sometimes it delays when i'm trying to put units onto the field, and the timer pops up....just wondering if it's just me or not.

BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    shergak wrote: »

I drafted an elnuk deck to try it out and it seems to work out 50% of the time. Have 4 packs and 6 other elnuks

It's a lot less reliable when you're limited to 3 and 3.

Though you have other options for increasing your Elnuks, they're also only semi-reliable.

Still, when you pull it off, it's great.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I lost a game to my opponent playing two Elusive ladies and I having no way to deal with them. When I went to pull the 2/1, they buffed it by +2/+2. Happened again when I tried pulling two turns later.

Reminds me of those unblockable Merfolk in MtG:A. I guess sometimes you just lose. :)

Yeah, removal can be at a premium sometimes... Purify, Deny, and Vengeance are all really good at dealing with shit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    Oh boy. What an experience this must have been for my Expedition opponent.

My first play is at the end of his turn. Fiora, followed by Stand Alone or whatever gives +3|+3 to a unit if it's your only one. That's always rough to see.

On my turn I play the 3|2 that gives Barrier and have Fiora kill his 5|5 Enraged Yeti while he trades a guy for the 3|2.

Pass to him, he's definitely stressed about this Fiora situation but is still in it with another 5|5. End of turn, I play Troop of Elnuks. My turn, I pray that he doesn't have Deny...
    kie4u4czgxy4.png

He didn't.

Fiora was a red herring all along.

Got 7 wins that way!

• Options
    Fiora is difficult because:
    1) You know the deck has barrier tricks, because the draft will feed them to you if you take her
    2) You have to shut her down or you lose to her ability

So you end up making awful trades and burning cards to slow her down, and so she eats up far more resources than most champions at her cost would.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Had an opponent play an Ephemeral minion at the end of my turn only to have it die. That’s a mistake I know I’m going to replicate in the future.

Got to rank 8 with Demacia. My chest had a Garen and Lux (2nd and 3rd respectively), nice! On to the Shadow Isles folk next.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    there's a couple decks that want to have ephemeral minions die just for resummoning shenanigans

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    shergak wrote: »

It's a lot less reliable when you're limited to 3 and 3.

Though you have other options for increasing your Elnuks, they're also only semi-reliable.

Still, when you pull it off, it's great.

True. Hoping for more Elnuk adds for constructed. Ended up getting 7 wins with the draft deck. Had some lucky turn 5s that just filled my board.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    there's a couple decks that want to have ephemeral minions die just for resummoning shenanigans

Yeah, if I have spare mana I tend to drop a Shark Chariot at the end of the turn if I have something else that can pop it back the next turn.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »

Yeah, if I have spare mana I tend to drop a Shark Chariot at the end of the turn if I have something else that can pop it back the next turn.

The spell that pops out 3 1/1 ephemerals is good for flipping Kalista and Thresh too.

• Options

The spell that pops out 3 1/1 ephemerals is good for flipping Kalista and Thresh too.

Yeah, I run a couple of those in my Hecarim deck. That wotsitcalled that gives ephemeral units +1/+1 is nice. Also the one that gets +1 attack (permanently) for each ephemeral attacking together with it.

• Options
    Another 7-win free play. Pure Freljord, mostly because overrun units (inc. Tryndamere) and multiple Battle Fury in the deck has predictable results on combat math. Lots of the +3 on survival, +health spells, and Avalance too.

• Options
    Think I might go for a Yasuo deck next.

• Options
    Shoot, I might be an exclusive Elnuk deck player now. That shit's FUN.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    After sitting here raging at losing to an Elusive deck in my expedition, faced off against another one that just kept coming. Unfortunately for them, they let through a bunch of damage, with ephemeral and can't block units on the board, confident that they would swing out next turn. They did, on 9 Nexus Health, but I had a Mark of The Isles, Elixir of Wrath and a Reckless Trifarian (5/2) on board. Also was sitting on an Atrocity. Player (who was in all Ionia) over-committed on their mana and it was game over.

EDIT: And lost the final fight on turn three to an Elusive deck.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    At my in laws. Wishing this was on phone already lol

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It's Singed in this? Just finished the tutorials.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    It's Singed in this? Just finished the tutorials.

Not yet, at least.

• Options
    Is there a particular strategy between wildcards and shards, or just go for it?

I know in MTGA, for example, you want to try to hold off on cracking packs until you've drafted for awhile for maximum efficiency. I've got a deck in mind, I've got a way to go. Just go for it, or is there a crafting strategy?

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Is there a particular strategy between wildcards and shards, or just go for it?

I know in MTGA, for example, you want to try to hold off on cracking packs until you've drafted for awhile for maximum efficiency. I've got a deck in mind, I've got a way to go. Just go for it, or is there a crafting strategy?

If you're going for max efficiency, you should hold off on using your common and rare wildcards for as long as possible since using them early increases the chance that you get duplicates in your capsules, which turn into a small amount of shards if you already have three of that card. As an example, a common costs 100 shards to craft. But a fourth copy of a common converts to only 15 shards.

I've read that epics and champions have "duplicate protection" meaning if you would open an epic or champion that you already have three of, you'll just get a different epic/champion instead.

You can read more details here: https://mobalytics.gg/blog/how-to-get-cards-legends-of-runeterra/ (note that the numbers for how many shards you get for 4th copies seem to be a bit off here - it's 15 for commons, 60 for rares, not 17 and 57. Not sure about the others but it's probably pretty close)

Edit: also, you'll need your shards for Expedition. Each one costs 3000 and is guaranteed to give you at least one Champion (which cost 3000 on their own), and if you do well you'll also get more stuff plus 3500 shards if you manage 7 wins.

Edit 2: Just saw a post on Reddit from a guy who said if you already have all the champions from a region, you can get a duplicate/shards of it from that region's reward track. E.g. if you already have 3x every Demacia champ, then open a champion capsule from the Demacia reward track, it won't give you a champion from a different region - you'll just get ~750 shards. I would assume this applies to epics as well. It's unclear if this is intended, I saw one post saying Riot had refunded a champion wild card to people this had happened to but I can't confirm that.

This on
  • Options

Yasuo deck is the fucking truth. Let me know if you want a decklist.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Teemo victories in expedition are the best thing ever. We both down to 5 to, you have a full board, I have 100 puffcaps. 11 pop for the win. First 7 win expiditions during the free runs.

Teemo is so tense it gets so close and you're hoping on rng. Fun though.

• Options
    Someone talk me out of building the spider deck. It seems like the new player tribal trap deck.

• Options
    Someone talk me out of building the spider deck. It seems like the new player tribal trap deck.

Spiders are pretty fun man. Do it if it feels good. There also appear to be enough ways to build stuff with the constituent parts, from balls out aggro by splashing Noxus, or something more midrangey with dawnspeakers. I don't think Elise and the spider package are a newbie cheapo deck, I think it will have some legs.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »

My next deck on Tuesday is going to be Yasuo, so yes please. I was going to rip off Mega Mogwai, but if you have a version, would love to see it.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options

Please toss one at me!

I don't even care if Yasuo is the OP flavor of the week, I just like his stun/recall mechanic.

Also I played a lot of blue in MtG. :rotate:

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular

Spiders are pretty fun man. Do it if it feels good. There also appear to be enough ways to build stuff with the constituent parts, from balls out aggro by splashing Noxus, or something more midrangey with dawnspeakers. I don't think Elise and the spider package are a newbie cheapo deck, I think it will have some legs.

Spiders are pretty OP early game with the unit quality and quantity of fearsomes that they likely can't block early. Just remember you have to overrun early.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Played some ranked just to complete some quests. Dayum. So much Ionia. And only for deny. Like barely any other Ionia cards in the deck. But every time I used a spell that was a game changer. Deny.

Ouch.

• Options
    Hmm, does Rally let you attack twice on your turn?

• Options
    Hmm, does Rally let you attack twice on your turn?
    I've had an opponent attack me 3x on their turn using Rally effects.

What's her name, Katarina? She's purdy good.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    When you attack it consumes an attack token.
    Rally grants you an additional attack token if you don't already have one. So if you can rally after attacking you can attack again, and can continue doing so until you run out of rally sources.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Yea Katrina didn't seem very strong until I realized you could stack two multiple attacks a round. Combined with things they don't want to block like undying it's pretty fun when it works

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    A lot of people also still don't understand that, when she attacks....yeah, she's a whatever / whatever with Quick Attack. And yes, normally, say, if you blocked a Quick Attacker with a 9/9, they'd die.

But she recalls IMMEDIATELY after striking, so she can never die on the attack unless she's frostbit.

• Options
    IllieasIllieas Registered User regular
    Yay elnuk gang! been do that deck a bit. I combo piltover for some copies and that minion that supports for extra copies. it is fun when it works but it take so much time to get going.

• Options
    I'll post my list when I get home. This is pretty similar but I don't have Kat in mine and this makes a few different choices.

https://decksofruneterra.com/decks/JB1U8yp6