Due to a security update, you may have to reset your password. Don’t panic, nothing has gone wrong and your password is safe. If you don’t have access to that email, send Tube a message at [email protected] More info here: https://status.vanillaforums.com/incidents/2zdqxf3bt7mj
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.

[Xbox] +50 Games on the Game Streaming Beta!

11416181920

Posts

  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    That it should be based on Dead Space 2 (the best one) just goes without saying.

    Synthesis
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I didn't hate 3 like the rest of the internet and the co-op is one of the creepiest thing I've ever played. But 2 was the best overall game/story in the franchise hands down.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    Http:// pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I don't know if DS2 is the best one. I've replayed the first many more times. The idea of being stuck on the ship feels more "Alien" style fear. The second is definitely superior gameplay-wise, but I love the story of the first one. It's just a masterclass on slow building a horror game. Its definitely a close one, there are tons of very memorable story beats and encounters in 2. I just have fond memories of playing the original middle of the night as a teenager, literally crappin my pants on the higher difficulty

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Stabbity StyleNitsuaMarekZilla360
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 26
    In terms of horror scaling/progression, Dead Space 1 is the Alien to Dead Space 2's Aliens, and this solidly thrusts Dead Space 3 into the Alien 3 category.
    The threat of the xenomorphs in the sequels and the hero's familiarity with it makes it so fleeing doesn't really work as a plot point so they have to fully fight back, and ultimately failure is a must.
    I liked all of these things, probably about equally.

    edit: this is even though DS 3 does the "hiding hero called back to fight again" thing that was in Aliens, and DS 2 kind of does the "hero wakes up into the bad" thing that was in Aliens 3.
    Amusingly, Dead Space 3's soundtrack is heavily influenced by Alien: Ressurection's score.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 27
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I need a next gen Dead Space 2.

    Wistful dreaming aside, Phil Spencer weighs on VR at X019, with the conclusion, "No one's asking for VR."

    This is going to be divisive to say the least (and it's not really a secret that he's speaking more generally, and not literally, in some cases). As someone who owns an actual VR headset, I have to say: I actually kind of agree. Because on one hand, PSVR stands as the most successful of the nebulously-described "non-mobile-based VR market", reaching 4 million units in March--someone selling "millions and millions of units." But it's not really a secret that since the 2016 introduction, this is still well below Sony's original expectations, especially compared to the record-selling console powering it. Is VR an "isolating" experience? It certainly is depending on who you ask--it's no secret that plenty of Vive and Rift users have presented the self-isolating experience of VR as one if ts best features, that it presents a way of gaming "free of distractions of 'pancake' space" and rhetoric like that. And while I don't always agree with Spencer, I'm inclined to agree: on the list of functionality Xbox users pining for--more console exclusives, more backwards compatibility (effectively also exclusive), further expansion of crossplay on multiplatform titles, better amenities offered in the new subscription-based models like Ultimate Game Pass, etc., I strongly suspect VR is well at the bottom, in the same tier as "Kinect support" and "support for Xbox 360 controllers and peripherals".

    But that's just my take on it. I've enjoyed (most) of my time in VR, on my headset and others, but it's also left me very unsurprised how VR has underperformed so dramatically compared to both optimistic and even "realistic" expectations set before the Rift and Vive formally launched, up to the present where we're looking finally breaching the wireless VR headset divide. Would I like VR on Project Scarlett? Sure. I'd also like Kinect supported navigation and the option to use Cortana. But what I like has to be weighed along the inevitable reality: the Xbox division has finite resources, money, and labor-hours, and a lot of projects on its plate. Microsoft is divided between "conventional" VR and its own augmented reality initiative on phones and through HoloLens, which is still a near-unique device at market. If an answer to PSVR diverted money from, say, greater expansion of original Xbox backwards compatibility, I'd personally be disappointed.

    From what I've played, I like VR, I just don't like the requirements. Specifically, standing room and standing.

    To that latter point: I got to play Iron Man at FanExpo and LOVED it, but the turning around got me wrapped in wired a little, and something about my equilibrium was off, like I felt like I might have been leaning forward a bit when I should have had a more natural stance?

    Whatever it was, my legs were KILLING me by the end. So less of that, please.

    LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • 1205Dennis1205Dennis Registered User new member
    Always loved the deals on Black Friday, worth the wait!

  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I need a next gen Dead Space 2.

    Wistful dreaming aside, Phil Spencer weighs on VR at X019, with the conclusion, "No one's asking for VR."

    This is going to be divisive to say the least (and it's not really a secret that he's speaking more generally, and not literally, in some cases). As someone who owns an actual VR headset, I have to say: I actually kind of agree. Because on one hand, PSVR stands as the most successful of the nebulously-described "non-mobile-based VR market", reaching 4 million units in March--someone selling "millions and millions of units." But it's not really a secret that since the 2016 introduction, this is still well below Sony's original expectations, especially compared to the record-selling console powering it. Is VR an "isolating" experience? It certainly is depending on who you ask--it's no secret that plenty of Vive and Rift users have presented the self-isolating experience of VR as one if ts best features, that it presents a way of gaming "free of distractions of 'pancake' space" and rhetoric like that. And while I don't always agree with Spencer, I'm inclined to agree: on the list of functionality Xbox users pining for--more console exclusives, more backwards compatibility (effectively also exclusive), further expansion of crossplay on multiplatform titles, better amenities offered in the new subscription-based models like Ultimate Game Pass, etc., I strongly suspect VR is well at the bottom, in the same tier as "Kinect support" and "support for Xbox 360 controllers and peripherals".

    But that's just my take on it. I've enjoyed (most) of my time in VR, on my headset and others, but it's also left me very unsurprised how VR has underperformed so dramatically compared to both optimistic and even "realistic" expectations set before the Rift and Vive formally launched, up to the present where we're looking finally breaching the wireless VR headset divide. Would I like VR on Project Scarlett? Sure. I'd also like Kinect supported navigation and the option to use Cortana. But what I like has to be weighed along the inevitable reality: the Xbox division has finite resources, money, and labor-hours, and a lot of projects on its plate. Microsoft is divided between "conventional" VR and its own augmented reality initiative on phones and through HoloLens, which is still a near-unique device at market. If an answer to PSVR diverted money from, say, greater expansion of original Xbox backwards compatibility, I'd personally be disappointed.

    From what I've played, I like VR, I just don't like the requirements. Specifically, standing room and standing.

    To that latter point: I got to play Iron Man at FanExpo and LOVED it, but the turning around got me wrapped in wired a little, and something about my equilibrium was off, like I felt like I might have been leaning forward a bit when I should have had a more natural stance?

    Whatever it was, my legs were KILLING me by the end. So less of that, please.

    A dirty not-so-secret of gaming is how many people find VR enjoyable, but a physical impediment in some way or another. If this means they bought a headset and only used it for a matter of weeks or months afterwards, that's no concern of the industry (they're just happy you paid money for new technology, whether or not a hardware refresh down the line gets your money is someone else's problem). The fact that PSVR is still in such active use as it is among a (very small minority) of PS4 owners is genuinely impressive, considering most VR headsets amount to an almost textbook example of "expensive technology left to gather dust on a shelf."

    In some cases, it can be argued that a home console is a uniquely suitable hardware-environment combination for VR. A console is a lot less likely to be crammed underneath a desk next to a chair in a corner than a powerful gaming PC, it's more likely to be paired with a large television and a play space than a desktop monitor and much less space. This is absolutely part of the reason for PSVR's relative success (also, "cheapness"). There's an equally valid school of thought that prefers sit-down VR experiences--flight and space simulation, etc.--that I belong to. Not surprising: my Samsung VR is inferior from a motion-controlling and tracking standpoint, but superior from a visual fidelity standpoint and space requirement standpoint.

    But not matter what, a VR headset has to account for both. You can only take advantage of the living room space in front of your Playstation 4 (or Xbox for that matter) if you have a long-ass cable. Wireless solutions are sometimes suboptimal and always expensive. Microsoft has, by any reasonable standard, retired the Kinect--Xbox One is just subject to Microsoft's tradition of "never letting things die if it takes a minimum effort to support them". Who knows if the Kinect will actually be a supported peripheral for Project Scarlett. It would've been as good, or better, a video tracking solution as the Playstation 4 camera, though, but that's only one element of the equation.

    VR did not change the world. There are no billion VR headsets on the market. But it's obviously real (if not very modest) niche for higher-end PCs and PS4 owners. Sony has put a lot of effort into it, and good on them for doing so, but whether that's going to turn around the slump concurrent with the launch of their next console isn't clear. I guess Phil Spencer looked at the gargantuan effort that was, for extremely modest pay-offs, and decided that wasn't the way to go. It's not like putting out a retro-style Battletoads game. Though ironically, it does resemble, some of the other clearly expensive, clearly time consuming value propositions that have come to Xbox One (like backwards compatibility), just one that would demand a much higher player investment to access.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Zilla360BRIAN BLESSED
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Gonna snag the best buy BF bundle with the new Jedi game and the Xbox One X.

    I've already picked up some Live Gold cards to upgrade to the game pass ultimate for $1.

    Thanks for the tips all! Now I just have to wait for Santa to show up :D

    76561198017303226.png
    Local H JayZilla360SynthesisNitsuaJazzPreacher
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Same on VR for me. I've got a PSVR and I've enjoyed it -- I'd go so far as to say Astro Bot is one of my favorite games of this generation. Plus it's dirt-cheap and easy.

    And yet I still don't put it on much, since the mere act of making sure I can have time to isolate myself from everyone else in the house and set it up is kind of a pain in the ass, at least compared to picking up a controller and powering up the system. It doesn't help that, while there's lots of VR games out there, there's relatively few that are good enough to make me want to go to the effort. It also doesn't help that the AAA publishers have largely given up on doing anything for VR (the ones that don't also manufacture hardware, anyway).

    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Zilla360
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Fresh from being called intellectually dishonest over my feelings about VR in the Alyx thread, I'm here to say "Thanks Phil!" I presently lump VR in with the Nintendo dance pad, waggle, and kinect. Except Kinect was kind of amusing because Booker was always talking to his Xbox when we played Destiny. Maybe one day I'll give a shit about VR, but at present I do not.

    Wait, is that crazy Ultimate thing still doing the 1 dollar bit? Good lord, I thought that ended a few months back. I actually had to uninstall some stuff the other night so I could grab some GamePass games.

    SynthesisPreacher
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular
    For some PSVR games (because of the HDMI pass-through) I sometimes wished that there was a version of it that just supported some kind of Track-IR type setup, with only a TV.
    Like maybe, in another universe... Sony could have made a headband with two or three tracked IR sources on it, and maybe an IMU.
    Outside of weirdos like me though it would probably focus test very poorly, and be a very niche product.

    I tried playing Skyrim PSVR like this and it somewhat works, with the HMD awkwardly perched on your brow.

    Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 27
    Nosf wrote: »
    Fresh from being called intellectually dishonest over my feelings about VR in the Alyx thread, I'm here to say "Thanks Phil!" I presently lump VR in with the Nintendo dance pad, waggle, and kinect. Except Kinect was kind of amusing because Booker was always talking to his Xbox when we played Destiny. Maybe one day I'll give a shit about VR, but at present I do not.

    Wait, is that crazy Ultimate thing still doing the 1 dollar bit? Good lord, I thought that ended a few months back. I actually had to uninstall some stuff the other night so I could grab some GamePass games.

    Yeah, at the risk of being gauche, I'll say that the VR thread fosters a certain...attitude...that is not necessarily conducive to dissent. That can be true about ourselves, or the Switch and Playstation threads, naturally, but there's a crucial difference: VR was absolutely, undeniably (even by its strongest advocates, unless they were lunatics) a technological and commercial leap of faith at some time, and the more people who took that leap, the more viable it would be. In effect, the more people who drank VR Kool-aid--whether or not they even played video games, as the primary though not sole utilization of the technology--the better everyone else would be. If more people buy Xbox One consoles as UHD players, yes, the rest of us who play games on them do benefit (in a modest, indirect way). VR was effectively a new industry sector that desperately needed sales to survive--fortunately, it got some of them, even if they fell vastly below expectations.

    Inevitably, that fosters a certain kind of attitude. It was bad two or three years ago, when such a bizarre orthodoxy had taken over that openly denigrating people (like myself) whose participation in VR was hedged on convenience, reasonable cost points, and accessibility led them to the look at "easier" solutions like Windows MR wasn't just acceptable, it was practically encouraged as some sort of bullshit "No True Scotsman VR Gamer" purity test. It wasn't enough that you weren't one of those "2D" "flatspace" "pancake" prole-gamers who wasn't going to buy a VR headset (all +99% of them), you had to have a real one, because it isn't virtual reality without remote sensor beacons and all that shit. It was the "PC Master Race", but somehow even more more obnoxiously stupid.

    Then reality caught up, and attitudes started to change from that sort of absurd bullshit VR-purity-signaling. PSVR was part of that. Those dark days are now called "harmless, misguided fun." But the obviously compromised position of VR, relative to the astronomical hopes and expectations of it (literally of the "This has changed everything, everyone will play games like this one day, so start booking your corrective eye surgery now" variety), and an admittedly tight-knit community that has been through some rough times is naturally going to have its own purity tests of the like. And plenty of people, it's easy to forget, just don't like VR. People didn't like motion gaming either, as we've been reminding during the Wii, WiiU, and Switch lifetimes. That's an opinion, and just as valid as "VR is awesome".

    Some of that is inevitable. I probably wouldn't be writing the OP for the [Xbox] Thread if I didn't own an Xbox One. There are people in here who don't own Xbox One consoles, and we typically don't chase them off, because it's not like there mountains of comparable gaming experiences that don't need things like Xbox consoles anyway (and if they do, like BC, knowledge of them corresponds closely to hardware ownership). But VR here, and elsewhere, got super-gross and super-stupid during the "glory days", and some of that probably persists.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Zilla360
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular


    Eh, better than last month.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Zilla360NitsuaLBD_Nytetrayn
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    VR falls into a territory of arguments that I am forbidden to engage in, so I cannot comment further on that.

    Maybe I will get Toy Story 3?

    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Confirmed, donuts is Luckey Palmer

    XB1/360 - Local H Jay
    PS4 - Local_H_Jay
    Sub me on Youtube
    And Twitch
    Synthesis
  • TexiKenTexiKen nin nin Registered User regular
    It seems 199 is the floor price for a One S w/ disc drive, and it's just a matter of game bundles for Black Friday?

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 27
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Some of that is inevitable. I probably wouldn't be writing the OP for the [Xbox] Thread if I didn't own an Xbox One. There are people in here who don't own Xbox One consoles, and we typically don't chase them off, because it's not like there mountains of comparable gaming experiences that don't need things like Xbox consoles anyway (and if they do, like BC, knowledge of them corresponds closely to hardware ownership). But VR here, and elsewhere, got super-gross and super-stupid during the "glory days", and some of that probably persists.

    Well, to be fair, xbox as a brand isn't just about the console anymore. :biggrin:

    Also that attitude is why I stopped looking at VR threads back in 2016. Super fun to see it take over the Half-Life thread.

    Undead Scottsman on
    Mulletude
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Confirmed, donuts is Luckey Palmer

    you can't just call someone that on these forums, jesus man take it down a notch

    Local H JaycB557Wraith260JazzBRIAN BLESSED
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    One S digital is ~179 CDN on amazon today. 40% off.

  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited November 28
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Confirmed, donuts is Luckey Palmer

    you can't just call someone that on these forums, jesus man take it down a notch

    Also, don't call anyone Notch either

    Crippl3 on
    JazzStabbity Style
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I'm a whore. Bought both konami classic bundles castlevania and contra on sale. I regret nothing.

    Nhl 20 on the other hand.....

  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the PlayStation 5 will come with PSVR.

    Mandatory.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I wonder if the PlayStation 5 will come with PSVR.

    Mandatory.

    Then the cycle of each company's hubris from "winning" a generation causing them to make stupid mistakes with the next will continue.

    JazzLBD_Nytetrayncloudeagle
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    That would be some hilarious levels of hubris, given they've got about a 4% attach rate on the PSVR.

    Synthesis
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 28
    Nosf wrote: »
    That would be some hilarious levels of hubris, given they've got about a 4% attach rate on the PSVR.

    I've had some thoughts about it, so let's keep going off topic.
    Synthesis wrote: »
    The Sauce wrote: »
    I exaggerated a bit there. I don't really need that many improvements over the most recent PSVR for me to be on board. I almost bit on this one, and I still might if it gets cheap enough around the PS5 launch.

    Well, good news is that it's pretty darn cheap now. Sony very obviously has mountains of headsets that it naturally wants to sell.

    The so-so news is that if the PS5 gets a new VR headset, it's probably going to functionally identical to what we have now, but a little lighter, a little more rugged, a little cheaper to make. It's not like all PSVR games run perfectly on even PSFro, much less PS4. They'll use that additional power, sensibly, to make full use of what they have, before doubling resolution to play catch-up with PC headsets from years ago--remember, the PSVR has a combined resolution of 1080p. My Samsung Odyssey, which is 2 years old, has 1440x1600 per eye. And yeah, resolution kind of matters for PSVR.

    These are some of the issues that have stopped adoption of home VR on a scale anywhere near what was hoped for initially. Sony's goals aside, the PSVR has sold almost as much as all non-mobile PC VR combined (and they were leading that until pretty recently). They just did it much, much slower than Sony had thought after the initial sales rush.

    But if existing headset compatibility is maintained, you're probably get some excellent deals.

    Sony's still using the crappy PS3 motion controllers when necessary (some of the best PSVR games, like Resident Evil 7, completely bypass that) with a few revisions. Even the PSFro is somewhat underpowered for what the headset can do, even when considering its kind-of-terribly-low per screen resolution.

    An actual updated PSVR headset--and not just one that's less prone to breaking and cheaper to make, as the current revision is--could be a hardware refresh that moves a good amount of units. But Sony hasn't indicated that yet, and doesn't (and should not) cross owners who bought PSVR expecting continued support for PS5.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Zilla360
  • BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, thanks to a Best Buy sale on 3 month Xbox Live cards (14.99 for 3 month cards), I now have the game pass ultimate out to end of 2021 for a banging price of $121.

    76561198017303226.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Local H Jay
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm a whore. Bought both konami classic bundles castlevania and contra on sale. I regret nothing.

    Nhl 20 on the other hand.....

    I was considering getting those! Neither has a rewind function, right? Do they at least have good save states?

  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I'm a whore. Bought both konami classic bundles castlevania and contra on sale. I regret nothing.

    Nhl 20 on the other hand.....

    I was considering getting those! Neither has a rewind function, right? Do they at least have good save states?

    I can vouch for the Castlevania collection having good save states. I would bet Contra is the same.

    Andy Joe
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited November 29
    For anyone who enjoyed The Coma: Uncut, Vambrace: Cold Soul from the same studio is on Gamepass and is a fun dungeon crawler RPG with some pretty beautiful artwork.

    Synthesis on
    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
    Nitsua
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Target still has a deal for an Xbox One S, Jedi Fallen Order, and a $40 gift card for $200. Which is a pretty good deal.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 1
    So, I've been playing Knee Deep (Wales Interactive published games usually go on sale around this time, but they didn't this round), and it's been a while since I've played an adventure game where the majority of the achievements revolve around you skewing the story by making the characters respond in weird ways...
    The game is set up like some sort of stage play, and when those responses get extreme, the audience reacts in shock and it's just a surprisingly amusing game for such an odd setup.

    edit: I was wrong, they have a bundle on sale for $62.39 USD with six of their games, including Knee Deep.

    tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Zilla360
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    For anyone who was wondering, yes, Vambrace is hard as fuck.

    Orca wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote:
    Isn't "Your sarcasm makes me wet," the highest compliment an Abh can pay a human?

    Only if said Abh is a member of the nobility.
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    For anyone who was wondering, yes, Vambrace is hard as fuck.

    I gave up on it after 4 hours or so - I couldn’t get past the first 5 exploration zones to get to the boss.

    My team were always exhausted by the fifth area, and just got worn down.

    I managed to craft some armour and other items, which helped, but every time I had a good run of the first few areas, I would inevitably trigger a bunch of traps, or have a lot of fights in a row, and just get whittled down to ineffectiveness.

    I really with the main character got xp for fights, so you can at least grind for a bit, but I assume you only get xp for completing quests.

    It’s a shame, but I appreciate it being on Gamepass, as I got to try a game type I normally don’t bother with (rogue-likes).

    I might give it another try, when I’m feeling masochist.

    steam_sig.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro orbital frame in the zone of the endersRegistered User regular
    edited December 2
    So I'd like a SSD for my XB1

    Anyone know of any good ones on sale today?

    edit - so I'm looking at these right now (cheapest at the top, though only slightly more expensive as you go down):

    PNY - 1TB External USB 3.1 Gen 2 Portable Solid State Drive
    Seagate - One Touch SSD 1TB External USB 3.0 Portable Solid State Drive
    Samsung - T5 1TB External USB Type C Portable Solid State Drive

    Recommendations?

    Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • JazzJazz Un-UKRegistered User regular
    I'm still trying to talk myself out of (or into, depending on how you look at it) a 1TB WD Black M.2 drive before the sales end, but that's for my PC.

    PNY doesn't have the name recognition of a Samsung or a SanDisk or a Seagate, but I've got an old USB flash drive of theirs that's still going strong. They are perfectly reputable, I think. I might go for one of the others if the price difference was that negligible, though.

    Forever ZefiroZilla360
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I have the Samsung T5, its worked perfectly so far, basically seems to give the X a beefy loading boost, I play with a friend of mine often and we have the same Xbox X type but I use an SSD and I load into games much faster when we play coop.

    Forever ZefiroLocal H JayZilla360
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro orbital frame in the zone of the endersRegistered User regular
    I appreciate the input! The PNY and Seagate have good reviews on the sites, though there's definitely way fewer reviews in general for them. The Samsung has a ton of reviews and most are very good, so I'll probably spend the little extra and get that for the peace of mind

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think I have the Seagate, myself.

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.