As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xbox] Game Pass - 10 million subscribers and counting

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Sadly, as usual, I missed my chance for the Dreamcast mag, though I suspect I wouldn't necessarily dive into the game when it actually launches. Still, I'm glad I tried it out and it was interesting comparing it to what I remember from the original Japanese-only PC beta.

I think you still can. There's 2 urgent quests tonight and it's repeatable. I assume I've done 4 as I did 2 of each.

Really important note on that: only one completion per time slot counts.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Sadly, as usual, I missed my chance for the Dreamcast mag, though I suspect I wouldn't necessarily dive into the game when it actually launches. Still, I'm glad I tried it out and it was interesting comparing it to what I remember from the original Japanese-only PC beta.

I think you still can. There's 2 urgent quests tonight and it's repeatable. I assume I've done 4 as I did 2 of each.

Really important note on that: only one completion per time slot counts.

That sucks I need one more than . Need to be home by 10 it seems now.

• Options
    better to find out now than like, at launch!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Yea, a big strike against PSO2 for me is time, there's no way I can add a game like that to what I already have on the go.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

Really? The severs were down for maintenance, so I assume the period was over. I'll check to see if they're online again.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Really? The severs were down for maintenance, so I assume the period was over. I'll check to see if they're online again.
    Crippl3 wrote: »

let's freakin go dude
    According to the PSO2 site, the servers are still going down at midnight PST until 5:00 PM PST, but then they'll be up again until 12:00 AM PST on February 10th
    also they're rerunning 2 urgent quests at 8 PM and 10 PM tomorrow

• Options
    OK, 8 and 10 PM PST...so, set my alarm, hopefully my lvl 10 lazy ass will be enough to get through them.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    OK, 8 and 10 PM PST...so, set my alarm, hopefully my lvl 10 lazy ass will be enough to get through them.

Hmm not sure oj the Big mech fight at 10. You do have to get up close and personal some. I suppose if you let the overleveled folks take out the weapons on both sides before making your approach it wouldn't be to bad.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Hmm not sure oj the Big mech fight at 10. You do have to get up close and personal some. I suppose if you let the overleveled folks take out the weapons on both sides before making your approach it wouldn't be to bad.

Nah he'll be fine. I was doing tjem at level 6
    People carry you and you get free revives for being under level 15.

• Options
    Yeah, on account of the doll thing.

It was actually quite easy, I probably killed Big Varder at least a half-dozen times, but I'm taking it for granted I actually completed the quest, because the way it seemed to work, you'd fight Big Varder, defeat him, run into the teleporter and repeat the process without actually seeing the quest award screen. Then the emergency period was over.

I'm pretty sure I completed the quest at least twice. I guess I better try again at 1 AM (my time). I want that freaking Dreamcast Mag!

• Options
    This one seems really stupid easy

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    I did four different slots, I think. Two of Big Varder - once on Saturday morning and the second tonight. Then Dark Falz came up and I did his arm in the first half hour and then his body in the second. I’m not sure if that counts as three or four, but at least I should get the Dreamcast mag.

Anyone else notice that the scratch tickets were down all day? I finally got enough FUN to buy a few, and they weren’t available anymore. Hopefully your FUN and SG remain when the open beta comes around.

While I would have liked a system of leveling where my HP and PP increased as my level did, I did like the ability to upgrade weapons and armor and I like that they kept the old method of leveling techniques (getting the disks of that level). I kept finding level four Rabarta over and over again, but I usually found something I could use.

I only had one time where I found about four question mark items, but I lucked out and they were all 7 star weapons. Two were staves and the other two were gunblades. I’ve been upgrading those every chance I get and haven’t found anything as good as the base of the staff yet to change over to.

All in all I’m really looking forward to the full launch of this game. Outside of leveling though, my only other gripe is how story missions are done - they just feel like I’m playing the video of the cutscenes (outside of the rare one where you fight a boss) and it makes them really disjointed. I’d like it more if they put these scenes in the middle of missions like the Dreamcast game did. Make it feel more like part of the world. Doing it this way completely separates the story from the gameplay and makes it so you can play for days without ever progressing the story and make the whole thing make even less sense.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    All your progress has been said to carry over through the open beta and launch:

The FUN thing not getting cycled is probably because they forgot? Weekly progress also didn’t seem to be working today either...

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Dreamcast mag? That'd be cool... oh. That'll teach me for having other (and, notably, more important) stuff to do. Meh.

Still, nice little bonus.

• Options
    Jazz wrote: »
    Dreamcast mag? That'd be cool... oh. That'll teach me for having other (and, notably, more important) stuff to do. Meh.

I'm not sure how much I'll play this game but I made sure to get the dreamcast mag

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020

they're running 2 more urgent quests tonight (8 PM and 10 PM PST), could still get it as long as you did 1 during the previous part of the test

The million dollar question for me is: I played three Urgent quests, but two were the same, albeit at different times (Saturday night and Sunday night). Do those two count as two, since they were at different days/times, or one, because they were the same quest?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2020
    Oh, on an entirely unrelated (yet still on-topic) note: Anyone here had trouble hooking Xbox Live to Discord so the latter shows what game you're playing?

I tried looking it up, but to little avail -- the main result was a Reddit thread from two years ago, which I followed the instructions of with no luck. Maybe it's outdated somehow?

(Yes, I turned off the thing where it says which PC game you're playing, as that apparently overrides Xbox for some reason.)

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Jazz wrote: »

I'm not sure how much I'll play this game but I made sure to get the dreamcast mag

I would if another opportunity came up. Alas.

(The idea reminds me of the Saturns and Dreamcasts on the back of the mechs in the Virtual On games. And The Typing of the Dead.)

Jazz on
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    If it it was three different urgent events rounds--then I missed out. Oh Well.

Anyway, here's a list of the current Deals with Gold.

Xbox One bundles
    • Assassin's Creed Antiquity Pack* | 75 percent | $24.99
    • Assassin's Creed Chronicles Trilogy | 70 percent | $7.49
    • Assassin's Creed Legendary Collection* | 67 percent | $65.99
    • Assassin's Creed Triple Pack | 67 percent | $29.69
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Deluxe Edition* | 75 percent | $19.99
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Gold Edition* | 75 percent | $24.99
    • Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Ultimate Edition* | 75 percent | $29.99
    • Assassin's Creed Origins: Deluxe Edition* | 75 percent | $17.49
    • Assassin's Creed Origins: Gold Edition* | 75 percent | $24.99
    • BioShock: The Collection | 80 percent | $11.99
    • Borderlands 3: Super Deluxe Edition* | 50 percent | $49.9
    • Borderlands: The Handsome Collection* | 75 percent | $14.99
    • Crash Bandicoot Bundle* | 45 percent | $41.24
    • Dead Rising 4: Deluxe Edition* | 50 percent | $29.99
    • Devil May Cry 5: Deluxe Edition* | 67 percent | $23.09
    • Diablo III: Eternal Collection* | 67 percent | $19.79
    • Far Cry Insanity Bundle* | 60 percent | $35.99
    • Far Cry New Dawn: Deluxe Edition* | 50 percent | $14.99
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Ultimate Edition* | 67 percent | $39.59
    • Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Gold Edition* | 67 percent | $32.99
    • Grand Theft Auto V* | 35 percent | $29.24
    • Hitman 2* | 70 percent | $17.99
    • Hitman 2: Gold Edition* | 70 percent | $29.99
    • Mafia III: Deluxe Edition* | 75 percent | $14.99
    • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - Master Edition* | 33 percent | $40.19
    • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - Master Edition Digital Deluxe | 33 percent | $46.89
    • Overwatch: Origins Edition* | 67 percent | $19.79
    • Resident Evil 2: Deluxe Edition* | 67 percent | $23.09
    • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Gold Edition* | 50 percent | $24.99
    • South Park: The Fractured but Whole - Gold Edition* | 70 percent | $23.99
    • South Park: The Stick of Truth and The Fractured but Whole Bundle | 67 percent | $23.09
    • Rainbow Six Siege: Deluxe Edition* | 75 percent | $9.99
    • Rainbow Six Siege: Ultimate Edition* | 65 percent | $38.49 Silver sale Buy
    • XCOM 2 Collection* | 75 percent | $24.99

Xbox One games
    • Assassin's Creed Rogue Remastered* | 50 percent | $14.99
    • Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection* | 70 percent | $11.99
    • Borderlands 3* | 50 percent | $29.99
    • Children of Morta* | 30 percent | $15.39
    • Divinity: Original Sin 2* | 50 percent | $29.99
    • Forsaken Remastered* | 75 percent | $4.99
    • Hungry Shark World* | 50 percent | $4.99
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition | 50 percent | $9.99
    • Okami HD* | 50 percent | $9.99
    • Onimusha: Warlords | 40 percent | $11.99
    • Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition | 75 percent | $4.99
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy | 33 percent | $20.09
    • The Disney Afternoon Collection | 75 percent | $4.99
    • The Division 2* | 95 percent | $2.99
    • Torchlight II* | 30 percent | $13.99
    • Trials Rising* | 60 percent | $9.99

*Xbox One X Enhanced

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Ezio collection has gone on sale so many times now and every time I'm tempted by AssBro alone since I have the other two digital.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    The Ezio collection has gone on sale so many times now and every time I'm tempted by AssBro alone since I have the other two digital.

If you have an Xbox One X, it's probably the best way to play the games on console (by a large margin), even if you already own it--if not, eh. I spent the most time with the original ACII, but it never really captured me and the subsequent titles lost their charm further.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Brotherhood is one of my favorite games of all time, and yeah I'm sure it'd look great on my 1X. But I just don't have the patience for those massive games anymore, I used to love clearing the towers.

• Options
    The last AC game I completed was like... 3. I think at this point they've been on sale so many times that I own them all though. But Black Flag and beyond just didn't grab my interest enough to play over other games. oh wait, I did play the remaster of Liberation! I think that was a newer. But I don't know if that was before or after 3. Hmm.

• Options
    So, based off this article announcing their "Bless Pass", it's safe to assume that Bless Unleashed will be live at or before March 13th.

The premium version has the most random pair of cosmetics too... "The Bunnisher" and Blue Buffalo.

x0q1mlfjtrm2.png

I guess the bunny is because spring/Easter-ish? IDK. Surprised that the female version of the costume isn't "Sexy Bunnisher."

• Options
    Ubisoft just announced a big expansion for The Division 2, going back to New York:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdAeRnlxa-E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2m-BSfA7w

The base game is currently on sale for $3: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/tom-clancys-the-division-2/bvq3v30zxvt5#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    If you can get past, you know, everything about the story, themes, and aesthetics it's actually a really fun looter-shooter.

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    $3 is a very, very good price for what's there.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well that explains why i saw Coney Island mentioned as an upcoming location in the game. should have figured it would be leading to something like this.

• Options
    yeah, the Coney Island stuff is a free update, adding 2 new missions to the game. That hits tomorrow for people who own the Year 1 Pass, and the 19th for everyone else.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    yeah i couldn't remember the context of it, but i guess it was just details on the Year 1 Ep 3 update. the updates to gear customisation there definitely look very interesting.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Brotherhood is one of my favorite games of all time, and yeah I'm sure it'd look great on my 1X. But I just don't have the patience for those massive games anymore, I used to love clearing the towers.

I kind of want the HQ defense game all on its own from AssRev.

• Options
    $3 is a very, very good price for what's there.

£8.99 here. A far cry (heh) from three bucks! More than three times as much? Madness! I blame Brexit.

• Options
    Wow, for $3 even I might pick it up. Even though I found the beta for the original The Division totally devoid of charm.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    If you didn’t like The Division games because of their themes at full price it is very unlikely that you will like them at $3.

It is still a Tom Clancy game

Save yourself the frustration. :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yeah I pretty much have to work through it, I like the gunplay and the content such but everything around it is...yeesh

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man replaying halo 4, I know it’s upscaled but I can’t believe this was a 360 game. Hats off to them for what they did in terms of squeezing the 360 for all it was worth in terms of visuals

• Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    Man replaying halo 4, I know it’s upscaled but I can’t believe this was a 360 game. Hats off to them for what they did in terms of squeezing the 360 for all it was worth in terms of visuals

It's shocking what they managed to pull off on the Xbox 360 (though they paid for it with certain memory shortcuts), especially in terms of lighting. I spent the afternoon trying out Reach...which is a big step up from 3, but I wonder if 4 is a bigger step up from Reach.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Ubisoft just announced a big expansion for The Division 2, going back to New York:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdAeRnlxa-E
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt2m-BSfA7w

The base game is currently on sale for $3: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/tom-clancys-the-division-2/bvq3v30zxvt5#activetab=pivot:overviewtab
    If you can get past, you know, everything about the story, themes, and aesthetics it's actually a really fun looter-shooter.

Hearing that Division 2 had nothing to do with the first game at all really put me off from it. Intriguing to see them going back in a big way like this.

• Options
    The base game is apparently $3 on Uplay too.

Except over here. The Xbox version is £9 (big discount still, sure, but more than three times as much and well out of "fuck it" impulse buy range for someone who bounced hard off the first one), but on Uplay it's still £50 - or £34 for the Warlords of New York edition.

Yeah, no.

• Options
    edited February 2020

Finally a date...

The early access is 7/10/15 days for the most expensive founder's pack.
    Founder's Title comes with all.

Most expensive ($80 USD) - 15 days early, 3 Epic Mounts, 2 Epic Costums, 90 Day Valor Perk (?), 2,000 Lumeria (game currency), 2 additional character slots.

Mid Range ($40) - 10 days early, 2 Epic mounts, 1 Epic Costume, 30 Day Valor Perk (?), 1,000 Lumeria, 1 character slot.

Base ($20) - 7 Days early, 1 Epic Mount. 7 Day Valor Perk (?)

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

You can now sign up to try out Project xCloud with iOS.