As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia]: Now slightly less shitfucked!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The next hot object be stripped bare isn’t in Coles, it’s in Bunnings, now people are apparently panic buying plants.

Nice work Australia.

(To be fair, I’ve made this more than once where if I do get quarantined, by the end of it, garden will probably look amazing)

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Our Bunnings and Mitre 10 have been both out of seedlings for a while. And seeds.

I knew I should have picked up some more lettuce seeds a while back. But I at least got my winter veggies in.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    The next hot object be stripped bare isn’t in Coles, it’s in Bunnings, now people are apparently panic buying plants.

Nice work Australia.

(To be fair, I’ve made this more than once where if I do get quarantined, by the end of it, garden will probably look amazing)

<~<

Bunnings wasn't sure if they would be closed for the lockdown.
    But there still seemed to be a lot of plants here.
    Had to wonder if they'd need to get rid of them all tomorrow for cheap.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    People have been buying lots of arts supplies, kids activity sets etc.

It's like adults are really panicking that they're going to have to spend time with their kids.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Or maybe the adults might still have to work, even though the kids are home.l and are looking for things to do to make it so the kids aren't just staring at YouTube all day.

I would love to spend some time with my kid, but my job hasn't stopped working, I'm full time work from home, and I don't think we are stopping anytime soon.

So I still need things for the four year old to do. Especially since she can't read yet.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Get her a book on how to read.

Then she’ll have something to do and she’ll learn something.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Alphabet practice is an excellent start.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    I think I fucked up. I don’t think any booze shops in Rotorua will be open from tomorrow. What does it say about me that I assumed the bottleo would be an essential service???

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    I think I fucked up. I don’t think any booze shops in Rotorua will be open from tomorrow. What does it say about me that I assumed the bottleo would be an essential service???

Can you get home delivery?

• Options
    edited March 2020
    You should still be able to get some alcohol at the food store. But I think that will be mostly wine and cider. But no, oddly enough, liquor stores are not being considered essential

Edit: also the post is still running as are couriers, but essentials only, really. So I don't think home delivery will work.

No Uber Eats or Domino's delivery, but fresh food boxes like My FoodBox will still deliver.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I bought enough to last me my usual schedule, but if i'm home 24/7....

• Options

Can you get home delivery?

Nope! All been banned

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Yeah I generally don’t keep booze at home, outside of some spirits and the occasional bottle of plonk. I tend to buy it for a specific event, so I’ve caught myself short

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    In some parts of the world it's considered an essential service, due to booze withdrawals being able to hospitalise people and we want to not add more people to hospitals at the moment.

• Options

They’ve limited booze sales here. I saw a receipt floating around if someone buying 90 cases of bush chook. And then the police are limiting everyone to one carton a day.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »

They’ve limited booze sales here. I saw a receipt floating around if someone buying 90 cases of bush chook. And then the police are limiting everyone to one carton a day.

One carton per day.. what is even the point.

• Options
    So also for some insight to potentially essential services, The internet.

Chorus will still be working (which means I am still working). Chorus will be giving priority for fieldwork in a specific manner

Faults on the line
    Customers without any internet services New Connection orders
    Upgrades from Copper to Fibre

Modem dispatch is still ongoing, although likely at a slower pace than previously.

@Tef you said you were moving into a new place early April? I hope you have put in your internet services order now, as most areas are not scheduling until late April and some even May (although that was Wellington area and not where you mentioned)

Anybody NZ based that has questions about internet (specifically fibre) continuity, hit me up. I'll do my best to answer without bogging y'all down or ruining corporate stuff.

• Options
    Thanks Ahava, our move is now cancelled until stage 4 is lifted!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    one of my friends works for bws, and their restrictions were 3 cases at a time, which is still quite a lot

• Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    I think NT is at max 12 bottles of wine per person per day

Source: everyone in my office talking about this on an at-times hourly basis

• Options
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/25/youll-stop-disease-instead-of-spreading-it-in-an-upcoming-plague-inc-mode/

Pretty cool, IMO. I look forward to playing a version where you eliminate diseases

This made me the think of Pandemic, then I started thinking about the potential for some online board gaming...

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/03/25/youll-stop-disease-instead-of-spreading-it-in-an-upcoming-plague-inc-mode/

Pretty cool, IMO. I look forward to playing a version where you eliminate diseases

This made me the think of Pandemic, then I started thinking about the potential for some online board gaming...

This is not entirely unsurprising, because Plague, Inc. originally grew out of a game called Pandemic II, which was a flash game intended as an unofficial unauthorised pseudo-sequel to the board game Pandemic as seen from the perspective of the disease. So really this is just coming back around full circle.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Pandemic does have an online version.

As do quite a few other board games. I’ve got Tokaido on my phone.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I got Tokaido on my phone and oh my god I want to buy it even more now.

• Options
  • Options
    so i sent a followup email today, and after about a week of not actually knowing, it turns out that i did become a lawyer on 27 march

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Wooooo. Congrats!

• Options
    i feel like i should have really taken advantage of the week of "I don't actually know if I am currently a lawyer or not"

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    And what would you have done during your week as Schrödinger's Lawyer?

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Say austrailionians what does"fracking the pillbrugh" mean?

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I have no idea. Unless you're talking about mining.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    Something about fracking (as in hydraulic fracturing) the Pilbara?

• Options
    I was become apparent upon this plane up there.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Cyvros wrote: »
    Something about fracking (as in hydraulic fracturing) the Pilbara?

that must be what it was, thanks!

• Options
    My old mate Boris the dog passed away today. Bloody fantastic companion he was. I’m absolutely gutted, but 12 years is a good run for a Rottweiler cross.

I know a few of you knew him, so I thought you’d want to know

fghebtrslr5g.jpeg

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Vale Boris, what a champ.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ahahaha my sister just got sniped at by Albanese on Twitter
    I love this stupid future we live in.

• Options
    Aussies, please read and send a response to Jackie Lambie re:confiscating mobile phones from refugees. She is calling for input from all Aussies on this https://www.senatorlambie.com.au/advise_jacqui

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2020
    Ugh I don’t even know how to encapsulate how fucked it is into the ‘reason’ block. Like the fact we detain these people at all in these conditions is already inhumane beyond belief, the phone thing is just another bit human rights violation to plop on top.

tynic on