As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ITT We Cream Ourselves Over The New Trailer For "Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness"

CentipeedCentipeed Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in Games and Technology
The intertron has failed me. Usually I have good faith in these humble 'tubes, but not today. In an ideal world, minutes after I read on the front page of Penny-Arcade that there is a new Rain-Slick Precipice trailer, I should be watching it on Youtube or something.

But I haven't been able to find it.

This is a thread where we find the new OTRSPoD : EO trailer that comes with the newest edition of PC-Gamer.

I know someone here wants to see it, as well as me.

EDIT: Trailer was found. Look to the post below on the dawn of the third day.

Centipeed on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DaybreakDaybreak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh hell that looks awesome!

Daybreak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Holy fucking shitcocks.

That looks 100x as good as the last one. Cel shading makes it look a load better, and the character creation thing looks ace.

Sold.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    OTRSPoD:EO

What the poop does that even stand for? It makes me think of a random error message rather than a game.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    HOLY SHIT.

I was already sold from the moment they announced it, but Jesus this looks so much better than I thought it would.

Sold, twice.

Edit: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    HOLY SHIT.

I was already sold from the moment they announced it, but Jesus this looks so much better than I thought it would.

Sold, twice.

Edit: On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One.

Ooooooooh, gotcha. I've never seen an acronym quite that girthy before.

I'll be sure to check that out when I get home.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Carnivore wrote: »
    That looks 100x as good as the last one. Cel shading makes it look a load better, and the character creation thing looks ace.

Sold.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    mystic_knightmystic_knight Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow, they really made it look a lot better.

mystic_knight on
  • Options
    dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I recommend changing the title to reflect that we have the link to the trailer, and also replacing the acronym with something that people are more likely to understand.

dsplaisted on
    2850-1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Well, I deem this thread a success, and I apologise to the intertubes for ever having doubted it.

I'll change the title.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Leave it, as it's funny, especially if someone doesn't know, it's probably not for them anyways.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    nicely done. This gives a much more polished appearance. Good show, sirs.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm at a loss for words, truly. The glimpses of animation, both 2D and 3D, were superb. And the backdrops... oh, the backdrops!

This shall be the greatest fanwank ever.

Mumblyfish on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Oh hell that looked nice. This is coming out on PC and consoles right? I heard there was supposed to be a 360 version?

Artoria on
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    looks nice, but, what is the gameplay like?

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Those cutscenes look very sexy. 3D's still slightly rough but oh so much better than the 1st trailer.

What genre is this anyway, RPG?

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2007
    What are the system specs likely to be? Any word? I'm going to be depressed if this is the game that makes me upgrade my ailing PC, but I will if I have to.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2007
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    What are the system specs likely to be? Any word? I'm going to be depressed if this is the game that makes me upgrade my ailing PC, but I will if I have to.
    They (Hothead) said they're aiming to let it run on a variety of machines.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That mime always makes me laugh,

Rook on
  • Options
    SondervalSonderval Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Looks pretty encouraging!

Roll on gameplay footage :)

Sonderval on
    Pokemon White: 3611 0563 3196
    homeworld%20player.gif
    hiigaran.gif
    sweawubanpo6.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Sonderval wrote: »

Wait... What? I hope this doesn't mean "I'd like to see some gameplay footage"... Because that entire trailer was full of gameplay footage.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Centipeed wrote: »

Wait... What? I hope this doesn't mean "I'd like to see some gameplay footage"... Because that entire trailer was full of gameplay footage.

you been drinking kool-aid again?

Unless of course the game is: run around. hit something in the head with a shovel.

Rook on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Thread DELIVERS.

I'm really excited for this game now, and I can't wait to see the cutscenes.

As long as the story is well integrated, and the new content comes regularly (a la Sam and Max), I'll be there every step of the way.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oh lawd

edit: What's the distribution model going to be for this? Anyone know?

Recoil42 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ah, splendid.
    Now all we need to know is how it plays.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dude, that guy at the end of the trailer makes this look like Walt Disney present Cthulhu's Bad Fur Day.

Awesome.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Hotlead JunkieHotlead Junkie Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Was that Frank kicking the door down? I'm all over this game, mostly for the cutscenes and the mime killing.
    mcd14.jpg

Hotlead Junkie on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Rook wrote: »

you been drinking kool-aid again?

Unless of course the game is: run around. hit something in the head with a shovel.

Ok, wait. This is silly. The point here is that he was making out as if there was NO gameplay footage in the trailer, as if it was one of those cinematic trailers, when in actual fact the trailer did show a significant amount of the game being played.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wow, that looks so fucking awesome. So much better than before.

And 2D animated cutscenes for lots of win.

Please bring to 360 and/or Wii thnx.

bruin on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Recoil42 wrote: »
    oh lawd

edit: What's the distribution model going to be for this? Anyone know?

Steam steam lol cocks dicks
    Seriously though, I don't know. I hope there's a retail version because I'd love to have a box and manual and all that great stuff.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Looks very nice. I was already more interested due to them getting the guy who worked on Maniac Mansion (his name escapes me), but I'm definitely more sold than I was.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    XBLA release please

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That "From the creators of PA" comes a game already herald as "A game from the creators of PA" makes me feel so conflicted, since I came up with a similar line many a year ago for a trailer for a never released Starcraft comedy campaign.

But I never released the campaign because I felt it wasn't that funny, so oh well.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    That "From the creators of PA" comes a game already herald as "A game from the creators of PA" makes me feel so conflicted, since I came up with a similar line many a year ago for a trailer for a never released Starcraft comedy campaign.

But I never released the campaign because I felt it wasn't that funny, so oh well.

They... They went into the future and stole your idea? Wow. That's going to fuck with my head.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Looks very nice. I was already more interested due to them getting the guy who worked on Maniac Mansion (his name escapes me), but I'm definitely more sold than I was.

Ron Gilbert - check out his website here.

I'm loving the look of this game already, especially the steampunk Fruit Fucker. Please let this be a Wii release - does the "episode one" part mean that it will be released in chunks akin to Sam and Max? If so, then I will finally have a reason to get more Wii Points.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Ron Gilbert - check out his website here.

I'm loving the look of this game already, especially the steampunk Fruit Fucker. Please let this be a Wii release - does the "episode one" part mean that it will be released in chunks akin to Sam and Max? If so, then I will finally have a reason to get more Wii Points.

For ANYONE who has questions about the game, there's a forum here at PA dedicated specifically to it:

Here.

And there's a thread with an FAQ for all of your questions. It's likely that someone else has asked it already:

Here.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This new trailer looks so much more awesome than the old one.

Peewi on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

They... They went into the future and stole your idea? Wow. That's going to fuck with my head.

How is "several years ago" the future, idiot?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I guess I should have said past. But it doesn't matter. I was saying it purely as filler because no one was posting and I'd rather keep this thread near the top so that people can watch the trailer.

Maybe I'll stop making nonsensical replies.

Centipeed on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

I guess I should have said past. But it doesn't matter. I was saying it purely as filler because no one was posting and I'd rather keep this thread near the top so that people can watch the trailer.

Maybe I'll stop making nonsensical replies.

images.jpg
    Back then it was only a prophecy, but now, in the future, the past has occurred.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.