As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What MMO Universe?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    That'd be awesome. I had so much fun, years back, designing a Maverick Hunter for a MMX MU*. Only to find out it sucked. I found X and Sigma at a bar having a drink and chatting.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • StregoneStregone VA, USARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Stregone wrote: »
    Trigun.

Set it immediately after the ships crash. Players have to build a new society from scratch. Make it a combination of A Tale In the Desert and old school Star Wars Galaxies, with some other stuff tossed in there too.
    It's a shame Seed sucked so hard that they had to take it down.

Damn they did? I messed around in the beta and couldn't beleive they were going gold like that. Reading the website it sounded pretty damn neat, but only 10% of it was actualy completed.

Stregone on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pokemon Online

(3d graphics of course)

Sami on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fallout Online

(also in full 3d)

Sami on
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    oooh, a Transformers MMO. You could design your own robots and their transformable forms. There'd have to be a limitation obviously, for technical reasons, but I think it could still be done these days with large amounts of bandwidth and storage space.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Golden Girls Online

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Pokemon Online

(3d graphics of course)

WAKE UP, NINTENDO. This has been begging to happen for years. If Nintendo got the right developer on this, it could be the new WoW. It would pretty much be an MMO full of pet classes. I can only imagine how awesome it would be.

"Hey, we're going to go raid the Elite Four dungeon, we need a tank, anyone in?"

"Yeah, lemme go grab my Snorlax, and I'll bring along my Psyduck for CC. Meet you at the entrance in a couple, I'll fly over on my Golbat."

Oh sweet Jesus, please make this happen...

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    "Yeah, lemme go grab my Snorlax, and I'll bring along my Psyduck for CC. Meet you at the entrance in a couple, I'll fly over on my Golbat."[/i]

Anyone who doesnt know anything about Pokemon would probably find that sentance very amusing. :lol:

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Firefly

Grath on
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Grath wrote: »
    Firefly

Makes my special places warm.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • GimpyBoyGimpyBoy Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Jet Set Radio.

GimpyBoy on
    GimpyBoy.gif
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Nintendo is scared of the Internets. I don't ever see them putting out a fully functional MMO. And if they did, it would simply be some form of Nintendoverse where you run around all the different realms of Nintendo. Kind of like Kingdom Hearts except with Mario instead of Mickey.

Wait...

....that sounds fucking bad the fuck ass!

P.S. Grand Theft Auto MMO is sure to come about eventually - it's only a matter of time before the world can accept a Mature Online game. I say to hell with all this pussy-footing around with little "light effects" when you hit a monster. I demand a mature game with lots of blood and gore. Make me a game based off the Hellraiser/Warlock movies. I want to rip some poor mother fuckers skin off and wear it around while I impale people to the sides of their car and paint their faces like clowns with their own blood.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones)

I think that would be cool.

It would pretty much have to be all PVP though...That wouldn't be so bad.

Except maybe special alliances you could make to defeat ennemies like the girl with the gragons, or the monsters in the north. It might be events from time to time. Like one weeke verymonth is PVE week.

Or one week every month is PVP week, which determines which clan has which region and thus bringing advantages to your clan...

I dunno, would just be cool...

Evil_Pig on
  • CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    P.S. Grand Theft Auto MMO is sure to come about eventually - it's only a matter of time before the world can accept a Mature Online game. I say to hell with all this pussy-footing around with little "light effects" when you hit a monster. I demand a mature game with lots of blood and gore. Make me a game based off the Hellraiser/Warlock movies. I want to rip some poor mother fuckers skin off and wear it around while I impale people to the sides of their car and paint their faces like clowns with their own blood.

I believe the Conan game is supposed to be aimed at mature audiences.

CyberJackal on
  • SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Firefly

Word is it's already in development.

SpongeCake on
  • HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    SpongeCake wrote: »
    Dr. Face wrote: »
    Firefly

Word is it's already in development.

Shiny.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd probably play a good Harry Potter MMO .... I wouldn't be ashamed.

Xaquin on
  • claxtonclaxton ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Oblivion online but with character progression from Eve-Online. Because fuck grinding.

claxton on
    Its not enough to win. You want nothing left of your enemy but a skull nailed to a fence post so everybody understands the cost of crossing you. -Durga
    edited May 2007
    I think Fable would be an interesting application for an MMO. The various ways you can lead your character based on your in-game actions would be a nice change of pace. Growing older would be neat as well.

HallowedFaith on
  • WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I want an MMO based on the Zombie Survival Guide. I want it so bad

Wallhitter on
  • Red LegRed Leg Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Fallout
    Farscape
    Starship Troopers

That would be my three.

Red Leg on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Trigun.

Set it immediately after the ships crash. Players have to build a new society from scratch. Make it a combination of A Tale In the Desert and old school Star Wars Galaxies, with some other stuff tossed in there too.
    It's a shame Seed sucked so hard that they had to take it down.

Damn they did? I messed around in the beta and couldn't beleive they were going gold like that. Reading the website it sounded pretty damn neat, but only 10% of it was actualy completed.

I learned about the game after it got live, but the gaming mag I read and trust gave the game a 7 with the comment that if there wasn't the promise of a patch it would have gotten a 4-ish. The patch never came, the players left and the whole project was killed swiftly.

I was kinda waiting for the game to become playable, but alas.

Aldo on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The Dark Tower.

It could be set in one of the millions of worlds that exist but aren't fleshed out in the books.
    Maybe typical Gilead but with more guns and PvP could evolve around Gunslingers/Forces of The White versus the Crimson King.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    edited May 2007
    Ferrus wrote: »
    The Dark Tower.

It could be set in one of the millions of worlds that exist but aren't fleshed out in the books.
    Maybe typical Gilead but with more guns and PvP could evolve around Gunslingers/Forces of The White versus the Crimson King.

I can feel the money leaving my wallet already.

I also thought the world from Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere would be awesome.

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
  • UltraMantisBlackUltraMantisBlack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Dune, no question.

Though a new Final Fantasy MMORPG is a close second.

But Dune has so many possibilities.

UltraMantisBlack on
  • flamingdogflamingdog Registered User new member
    edited May 2007
    The A-Team

flamingdog on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    flamingdog wrote: »
    The A-Team
    Set in the magical realm of ... America

How are you imagining this?

Aldo on
    edited May 2007
    The A-Team would be AWESOME.

You would level up with missions given to you by random associates you meet through the most unlikely scenarios. Then you have to plan some even more insane method to achieve your goal... like... turning a van into a mini-gun and blasting your way through some small apartment complex to find the kidnappers daughter who is with the final bad guy in the kitchen of the third floor building.

You get bonus experience and skill boosts for using cheesy one liners and always having a cigar lit in even the most absurd places. This MMO nearly writes itself!

Although I fancy myself a Smurfs MMO any day. Give me some MMO/RTS where you have to live in the colony and assist with your specific job. Watching out for Gargomel and his evil cat. And then there are those evil purple smurfs that live on the other side of the river..... dark forces.... dark forces.

HallowedFaith on
    edited May 2007
    And then there are those evil purple smurfs that live on the other side of the river..... dark forces.... dark forces.

G'NAP! G'NAP!

Dr. Face on
    edited May 2007
    I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before

THE DARK CRYSTAL!!!

Mystics and Skeksi and Gelflings, oh my!

Dr. Face on
  • 3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Battletech/Mechwarrior

I'll be in my Atlas, warming up the guns.*

*masturbating

3lwap0 on
  • Skelly BSkelly B Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    How about a Jet Set Radio MMO?

Form street gangs with your friends and have some turf wars. The style can keep me entertained no matter what I'm doing, really. It would also be fun to see what kinds of tags people come up with (aside from giant penii).

Skelly B on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    The A-Team

Your mission: Get Mr. T on a plane!

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • claxtonclaxton ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    Mechwarrior MMOFPS. I don't think I'd leave my room.

claxton on
    Its not enough to win. You want nothing left of your enemy but a skull nailed to a fence post so everybody understands the cost of crossing you. -Durga
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'd love a battle tech/mech warrior MMO as long as they had death penalties.

Your mech gets destroyed, by having it's legs taken out, 20% chance your character dies.

Your mech gets destroyed by having it's cockpit blasted to space. 99% chance your character is dead.

Have it more based on your piloting skills, so stats don't count.

When you level up you gain money, which if you die you lose 90% of it, the remaining 10% is given to your next character. The higher level you get the more money is transfered to your next character.

The game being more about money then stats, so no grinding.

Hostile zones, clans, orbital battles.

oh man that'd be SO AWESOME.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Corvus wrote: »
    The A-Team

And you can earn a +3 SMG of Fool Pitying.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »
    The A-Team

And you can earn a +3 SMG of Fool Pitying.
    Don't forget the +4 gold chain of bullet deflection. (Lowers accuracy for all enemys and allies within area of effect).

I watched that show, those guys where lucky to hit the ground when they fired...

see317 on
    edited May 2007
    That cigar NEVER burned down.

HallowedFaith on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wing Commander.

citizen059 on
  • nefffffffffffnefffffffffff Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    fallout

EDIT: also, a good starwars mmo would be pretty cool too.

nefffffffffff on
    camo_sig2.png