As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What MMO Universe?

12346»

Posts

  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Vesty wrote: »
    I fully endorse an A Song of Ice and Fire MMO. Of course all the major houses would be factions. All the major events that happen in the books could become such awesome world events. Large scale battles and such. The Wildlings attacking could be an every so many month PvE event, and there could be a lot of PvE in the Trident (or was it the Neck, its been a while since I read them) area due to the large amounts of looting and bandits. Dany and all that stuff over there can be left out til an expansion since there's so much content in Westeros to begin with.

    Also a Battletech MMO would be awesome but if It was realistic like I want, I think it might have limiting appeal. For it to be really cool there would have to be some sort of system that allows people to be in tanks/vtols/power armor other than just mechs (and no Mech Assualt's arcadey system). Having large battles between two forces all controled by people would be awesome. And all the factions (including clans) are so culturally different it could make for some unique locations and other content. But I think there's a better chance of a Mechwarrior 5 than a Battletech MMO. And unfortunately either probably won't be realistic =\

    It always confused why Pokemon and .hack//sign aren't MMO's. Especially .hack considering its about an MMO. They could make a lot of money if they marketed the two together.

    The Watchmen series (NightWatch, DayWatch, etc.) would be an interesting universe, especially if the Twilight could be easily accessed. The only downside would be you're not really supposed to use your powers much, I dunno how they could get around that.

    -e- Ghost in the Shell would be interesting too. Can buy upgrades to your body and such. I guess it would sorta be like Neocron but hopefully better.

    I don't think .hack would do so well, unless we had the level of technology as is in the story. At least it wouldn't seem as cool as it does in the game.

    A Mechwarrior MMO would be interesting. But you would need to involve all the aspects from the actual MW tabletop game. Just having 'mech combat would be lame. Mechwarrior was about way more than that, from smugglers to juiced up Elemental pilots to people who performed for a living for the nobility. There are so many possibilities with that MMO that it would be worth doing. I know I'd be more interested in the powered armor side of combat (being a Star Adder Elemental, hell yeah) or being a jump ship pilot/owner.

    The problem with MMOs is dealing with appealing to everyone. Like mentioned here, people hate grinding, it sucks and is really no fun. Eve did the right thing with having a skill training system that took time, however I think it can be improved by allowing people who invest more time in the game to accelerate their learning. another aspect mentioned was meaningless missions. The only way to achieve something having meaning is by having the missions either be player made or involving some sort of PVP, directly or indirectly (say for MW, a hostile force assaults an area on a contended world. Mech pilots would help take part in the fight to regain the territory, diplomats would try to find ways to delay reinforcements, mechanics complete generated missions to keep equipment in good repair, ect).

    Ultimately, MMOs will fail because people have to retain interest and it is really hard to appeal to everyone. But I know if they made a MW MMO, I would be trying that out without a second thought.

    Comahawk on
  • Mickey EyeMickey Eye Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    X-Com as a squad based MMO.



    I'd only play a Dune mmo if it was set long before Paul Atreides, House Ix be damned.

    Mickey Eye on
    artillery2.gifmwd.gifcloak.gifrepairer.gif
    Sig images by FooB
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Vesty wrote: »
    I fully endorse an A Song of Ice and Fire MMO. Of course all the major houses would be factions. All the major events that happen in the books could become such awesome world events. Large scale battles and such. The Wildlings attacking could be an every so many month PvE event, and there could be a lot of PvE in the Trident (or was it the Neck, its been a while since I read them) area due to the large amounts of looting and bandits. Dany and all that stuff over there can be left out til an expansion since there's so much content in Westeros to begin with.

    Also a Battletech MMO would be awesome but if It was realistic like I want, I think it might have limiting appeal. For it to be really cool there would have to be some sort of system that allows people to be in tanks/vtols/power armor other than just mechs (and no Mech Assualt's arcadey system). Having large battles between two forces all controled by people would be awesome. And all the factions (including clans) are so culturally different it could make for some unique locations and other content. But I think there's a better chance of a Mechwarrior 5 than a Battletech MMO. And unfortunately either probably won't be realistic =\

    It always confused why Pokemon and .hack//sign aren't MMO's. Especially .hack considering its about an MMO. They could make a lot of money if they marketed the two together.

    The Watchmen series (NightWatch, DayWatch, etc.) would be an interesting universe, especially if the Twilight could be easily accessed. The only downside would be you're not really supposed to use your powers much, I dunno how they could get around that.

    -e- Ghost in the Shell would be interesting too. Can buy upgrades to your body and such. I guess it would sorta be like Neocron but hopefully better.

    I don't think .hack would do so well, unless we had the level of technology as is in the story. At least it wouldn't seem as cool as it does in the game.

    A Mechwarrior MMO would be interesting. But you would need to involve all the aspects from the actual MW tabletop game. Just having 'mech combat would be lame. Mechwarrior was about way more than that, from smugglers to juiced up Elemental pilots to people who performed for a living for the nobility. There are so many possibilities with that MMO that it would be worth doing. I know I'd be more interested in the powered armor side of combat (being a Star Adder Elemental, hell yeah) or being a jump ship pilot/owner.

    The problem with MMOs is dealing with appealing to everyone. Like mentioned here, people hate grinding, it sucks and is really no fun. Eve did the right thing with having a skill training system that took time, however I think it can be improved by allowing people who invest more time in the game to accelerate their learning. another aspect mentioned was meaningless missions. The only way to achieve something having meaning is by having the missions either be player made or involving some sort of PVP, directly or indirectly (say for MW, a hostile force assaults an area on a contended world. Mech pilots would help take part in the fight to regain the territory, diplomats would try to find ways to delay reinforcements, mechanics complete generated missions to keep equipment in good repair, ect).

    Ultimately, MMOs will fail because people have to retain interest and it is really hard to appeal to everyone. But I know if they made a MW MMO, I would be trying that out without a second thought.

    I find myself satisfied with Mechs. All the other stuff is interesting and cool, but believe-you-me, I don't need much more.


    But even those dreams can be shattered.

    RIP BT3025 2001

    piL on
  • MetalChickenMetalChicken Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Futurama : D

    MetalChicken on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmmmm. Here's a new question for you. Instead of asking what IP you would like a MMO based on, what features do you think a good MMO should have?

    Cause it's the gameplay that usually attracts me to a game. That's why I couldn't really get into FFXI and Star Wars even though I love both IP's.

    I would love to see an MMO based on Soul Calibur as well. Except that it uses the games fighting mechanics as well. I think a real time action MMO is more than possible these days.

    With broadband being what it is and seeing the success of other online action games, such as Battlefield 2, I believe it is more than possible.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • CursesamuraiCursesamurai Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know if this was metioned but.....AVATAR THE LAST FUCKING AIRBENDER!!.

    The biggest problem is that MMOs require a "goal" of some sort. WoW has it's raids and "end game" content. Avatar, the series at least, is only about a single conflic between 1 nation and the other 3. If you make the game solely based on pvp then you couldn't really have gear upgrades or pve as easily...and while in WoW all i EVER do anymore is arenas....there are those ppl that enjoy raiding. For avatar to have a pve functionality the war would have to still be going on (pre sieries - no current avatar, or during series - no PLAYABLE avatar) also the biggest conflict would be the Avatar himself...is it a NPC, does a single random or skill based person get to be HIM / HER?

    Also if it was pvp based it would be very hard to write into the lore a reason for any of the nations to work together, in which case you would be pvping with ONLY partners of your nation. This would limit the complete coolness of multiple benders on a team.

    In the end the story would be toooo hard to make into a MMO :( sadly cuz the universe and pvp possiblities would be FUCKING SWEET!.

    Edit: Class balance means either 1v1 all ppl can win...OR 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, any team with the right classes can beat any other team...more along the lines of a STRAIGHT rock paper sicsors effect...for each class one class can beat that same class will lose to another.

    For instance. 9 classes. 3 A classes. 3 B classes. 3 C classes. All different but in a 1v1 match a's will almost always beat b's; b's will almost always beat c's and so forth. now THAT is class balance...but it also makes ppl very angry in 1v1 combat.


    As far as what makes a "good" MMO. Lots of classes, class balance, customization, PvE AND PVP (even though i hate pve :(...) ; fun group and solo play (mostly group IMO).


    AVATAR PLEASE PLEASE GOD I WANT.

    Cursesamurai on
    OEM computers will be the death of us all.
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For instance. 9 classes. 3 A classes. 3 B classes. 3 C classes. All different but in a 1v1 match a's will almost always beat b's; b's will almost always beat c's and so forth. now THAT is class balance...but it also makes ppl very angry in 1v1 combat.

    Why do people always think that this is balance? Would you have played Starcraft if Zerg always beat Protoss, Protoss always beat Terrans, and Terrans always beat Zerg?
    I wrote that the other way around my first time, but then I realized that the plot of Starcraft generally goes this way

    Garthor on
  • CursesamuraiCursesamurai Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Garthor wrote: »
    For instance. 9 classes. 3 A classes. 3 B classes. 3 C classes. All different but in a 1v1 match a's will almost always beat b's; b's will almost always beat c's and so forth. now THAT is class balance...but it also makes ppl very angry in 1v1 combat.

    Why do people always think that this is balance? Would you have played Starcraft if Zerg always beat Protoss, Protoss always beat Terrans, and Terrans always beat Zerg?
    I wrote that the other way around my first time, but then I realized that the plot of Starcraft generally goes this way

    But SC is NOT an MMO, altough it could be, SC also only has 3 races not 3 "classes" and most certinally not 9 classes.

    Think of races like factions and classes like units.
    a zergling egg (50 minerals) will always beat one hydra egg (75 minerals and 25 gas)....dependent on upgrades of course....but then again a hydra can beat a mutalist, and a mut can beat a zergling.


    This was more the balance i was talking about. Say in an avatar universe, you have each nation wtih several (3-5) class options

    tank, ranged, melee, "healer / support" etc.

    Now amongst those, each should have a weekness and a strength. Now i said "almost always" meaning that in a given fight the person with the advantage should end the fight with like 10% remaining hp, not just a out right face rape. If the person with the weekness learns to out play the other person or time his CDs right or w/e he can still win, it's just a tad harder is what i ment.

    But my out right goal would be that in end game gear no 1v1 fight would be decided before it was started. and group pvp would be the main focus of any game i EVER designed anyway...ESPECIALLY an Avatar game.

    Think about it, 4 nations, 3-5 classes per nation.

    3v3 pvp would have SOOOO many possibilities.

    Cursesamurai on
    OEM computers will be the death of us all.
  • GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unless if you give one side (key here: ONE side, not both) the opportunity to choose their classes to counter the enemy's classes, then having a rock-paper-scissors "balance" is meaningless. You just introduced another, slightly-more-detached aspect of randomness: do the classes on your team just happen to counter the classes on their team? It's just as random as anything else, especially because your class is a choice you made upwards of a year ago.

    Garthor on
  • CursesamuraiCursesamurai Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Garthor wrote: »
    Unless if you give one side (key here: ONE side, not both) the opportunity to choose their classes to counter the enemy's classes, then having a rock-paper-scissors "balance" is meaningless. You just introduced another, slightly-more-detached aspect of randomness: do the classes on your team just happen to counter the classes on their team? It's just as random as anything else, especially because your class is a choice you made upwards of a year ago.

    Once again, you are making it sound as if a warrior will always lose to a mage. Which is simply not the case. A GOOD mage can EASILY down a warrior....and the reverse is true....using current wow game mechanics that is.

    In my aformetioned balance, no single class would have a garunteed chance to beat another. A warrior type my very easily get kited by a mage type, but if he LoS's the mage then intercepts and spamstrings then LoS's and intercepts he can still win. I very much enjoy wow but it is FAR from balanced atm....it's getting close to what i would like but still not there. I was mearly suggesting that the classes have specific strengths and weeknesses and those that can abuse them, like warriors needing to be in melee, can win easier then those that fail to abuse them, the retarted mage that blew Ice block earlier and has been using blink to run instead of get out of stuns.

    In an avatar setting with around 12-15 character classes, I think that very easily balance could be established. The other thing that I would like to see is environmental manipulation, staying true to the avatar theme.

    So in a rocky area the earthbenders would have a lot more to work with then say a waterbender.

    Cursesamurai on
    OEM computers will be the death of us all.
  • PaperPlatePaperPlate Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    In an avatar setting with around 12-15 character classes, I think that very easily balance could be established.

    I'm not sure on the whole Avatar thing (missed that boat it appears) but I'm not sure how you think balancing 12-15 classes would be easy. Maybe it has something to do with Avatar itself that I'm missing but why do you think there were (and still are) so many issues with WoW PVP balance? Or even PVE balance? It happens in every game with tons of classes. Look at GW, mesmer > all in PVP.

    It is a lot easier to balance 2 classes, 1 to 1. When you add another class, you have to go back and balance each class to one another. So the more classes you add the harder it gets, not easier.

    This is also the reason Blizzard opt'd out of adding Runemasters. They already had issues balancing their existing group and adding another would just complicate things. So they took the easy way out and gave Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. Well, I guess that is another issue.

    Edit: Okay I went off topic. My suggestion for a MMO? Crusader...

    PaperPlate on
    Minecraft: PAPRPL8
    League of Legends (your friendly neighborhood support): PAPRPL8
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Mickey Eye wrote: »
    X-Com as a squad based MMO.
    Haha holy shit this ^

    Oh god, there is so much potential in this it would be awesome. Especially with nicely emphasized "you're running a conspiracy" aspects.

    electricitylikesme on
  • CursesamuraiCursesamurai Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PaperPlate wrote: »
    In an avatar setting with around 12-15 character classes, I think that very easily balance could be established.

    I'm not sure on the whole Avatar thing (missed that boat it appears) but I'm not sure how you think balancing 12-15 classes would be easy. Maybe it has something to do with Avatar itself that I'm missing but why do you think there were (and still are) so many issues with WoW PVP balance? Or even PVE balance? It happens in every game with tons of classes. Look at GW, mesmer > all in PVP.

    It is a lot easier to balance 2 classes, 1 to 1. When you add another class, you have to go back and balance each class to one another. So the more classes you add the harder it gets, not easier.

    This is also the reason Blizzard opt'd out of adding Runemasters. They already had issues balancing their existing group and adding another would just complicate things. So they took the easy way out and gave Alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. Well, I guess that is another issue.

    Edit: Okay I went off topic. My suggestion for a MMO? Crusader...


    Well as I was saying to begin with, you would have around 4 classes per faction. 4 factions / nations (earth fire wind water)

    In each nation you could have 4, maybe 5 classes. OUT of these 5 classes you would balance them around each other.

    just as example, melee dps, ranged dps, healer, "tank", Crowd Control. Of these 5 you have a simple A>B>C>D>E>A effect but make it VERY minor, like on an average fight of A vs B; A ends with 10%ish health.

    just as simple metrix,, but anyway, the 4 nations each have their strengths too, and environment would play more of a factor then just classes in an attempt to stick to avatars nature.

    Anyway, you wouldn't really be balancing 12-15, but rather 3-5 of 4 different factions. Then you give the factions a simple balance as well and you come pretty close to overall balance.

    I'm just saying it COULD be done and Avatar would still be the best setting for an MMO.

    Cursesamurai on
    OEM computers will be the death of us all.
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You know what I think would also be a good backdrop for a space style MMO?

    Serenity.

    I really liked that movie and would love to play a game that explored more of that universe. Whenever I watch that movie, I am always sad that it is over. I enjoyed it.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I have trouble imagining what you would do in a Firefly MMO. It'd have to be like half spaceship MMO like EVE/E&B, and half ground side, but what, would you just fight Alliance troops forever and ever?

    Maybe if it took place during the war.

    Scooter on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait.

    What is this Firefly stuff?

    Is there more to Serenity than just the movie?

    Or are you talking about something else entirely?

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Wait.

    What is this Firefly stuff?

    Is there more to Serenity than just the movie?

    Or are you talking about something else entirely?

    ...

    Serenity is a movie based on the TV show Firefly. Which got cancelled after 1 season, I think.

    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/12/11

    dojango on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lol, I somehow missed that comic.

    Never seen Firefly though. Was it any good?

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It was awesome, it was canceled because Fox aired episodes out of order and kept changing it's time slot to make room for sports.


    I didn't even hear of it myself til well after it was canceled, but it is awesome and you should watch it.

    Scooter on
  • dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Quite good. rent, borrow or buy the DvD collection, 4 discs. But all too brief in the end.

    dojango on
  • Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

    Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

    Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Vesty wrote: »
    It always confused why Pokemon and .hack//sign aren't MMO's. Especially .hack considering its about an MMO. They could make a lot of money if they marketed the two together.

    I don't think .hack would do so well, unless we had the level of technology as is in the story. At least it wouldn't seem as cool as it does in the game.

    I'd love to play a .hack//sign MMO if it was an ARG with "The World" as a meta MMO game underneath it.

    Does anyone remember that online game where it was run through your instant messaging clients, telephone, web browser, and forums? I think EA ran it, and it was an X-Files like mystery? That would be the perfect fit for a .hack//sign ARG.

    EDIT: Figured it out, the game was called Majestic. Aside from a botched execution, the concept sounded amazing.

    Avenrosh on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Starcraft.

    Other choices are Pokemon, final fantasy tactics, and a ww1 MMO.

    Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

    3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Raslin wrote: »
    Starcraft.

    Other choices are Pokemon, final fantasy tactics, and a ww1 MMO.

    "You have died of trench foot. Please reroll."

    Comahawk on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    robothero wrote: »
    Final Fantasy Tactics ;x

    This game would make an amazing MMO-type game.

    FFT style encounters. Various factions vying for control of the provinces. Instead of controlling a solitary character, you control a band of 3. Form clans with other people and fight for dominance. Etc.

    There's much more in this head of mine on this subject but I can't get it all out in the wee hours of the morning.

    4rch3nemy on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Avenrosh wrote: »
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Vesty wrote: »
    It always confused why Pokemon and .hack//sign aren't MMO's. Especially .hack considering its about an MMO. They could make a lot of money if they marketed the two together.

    I don't think .hack would do so well, unless we had the level of technology as is in the story. At least it wouldn't seem as cool as it does in the game.

    I'd love to play a .hack//sign MMO if it was an ARG with "The World" as a meta MMO game underneath it.

    Does anyone remember that online game where it was run through your instant messaging clients, telephone, web browser, and forums? I think EA ran it, and it was an X-Files like mystery? That would be the perfect fit for a .hack//sign ARG.

    EDIT: Figured it out, the game was called Majestic. Aside from a botched execution, the concept sounded amazing.


    Majestic didn't botch anything (do you work for Game Informer? They did a whole writeup on ARGs with barely a backhanded compliment to Majestic), thanks in large part to the fact that they offered the play experience that they advertised - not just another "we'll fix it in a patch" PC game.

    No, what killed Majestic was Sept. 11th - suddenly getting threatening phone calls in the middle of the night wasn't quite as fun anymore, so EA shutdown the game for a month *right* when a lot of those 3 month subscription plans were set to be renewed. Needless to say, most people were still in a 24hournews Coma and numbers were siginficantly lowered when the game came back online with the latest episode.

    Majestic probably could've survived this, but in October EA's online subscription game service got targeted by some decent hackers who stole a whole bunch of credit card information, which lead to EA just saying "Fuck it" and shutting down every game that was a part of their subscription service in November of 2001. So thus died Majestic, Silent Death: Online, and a bunch of other games that I never bothered to try.

    Terrorists and hackers man, terrorists and hackers. :x

    Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • VathrisVathris Baconist @EndofTimeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ok no one has mentioned this so…

    MMO based on the Cowboy bebop universe; there is the right amount of known and unknown lore to really make the game a great experience for the four main gamer types. (killers, achievers, socialisers & explorers)

    Others include:

    .Hack//SIGN
    FFT

    But the reality is that we will most likely see an Armored Core or a Starcraft MMO. [Which I would love to play]

    Vathris on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    After playing Gears of War, I would *love* to see a MMO with that style of combat.

    Take that, mix it with the Heavy Gear universe, some simple mech-sim vehicle combat, and enough of a social and crafting system to bring in a mix of players...

    It makes me dizzy to think such a thing would be possible. And glad it's not, for fear of maintaining a real life.

    Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • AvenroshAvenrosh Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ringo wrote: »
    Avenrosh wrote: »
    Comahawk wrote: »
    Vesty wrote: »
    It always confused why Pokemon and .hack//sign aren't MMO's. Especially .hack considering its about an MMO. They could make a lot of money if they marketed the two together.

    I don't think .hack would do so well, unless we had the level of technology as is in the story. At least it wouldn't seem as cool as it does in the game.

    I'd love to play a .hack//sign MMO if it was an ARG with "The World" as a meta MMO game underneath it.

    Does anyone remember that online game where it was run through your instant messaging clients, telephone, web browser, and forums? I think EA ran it, and it was an X-Files like mystery? That would be the perfect fit for a .hack//sign ARG.

    EDIT: Figured it out, the game was called Majestic. Aside from a botched execution, the concept sounded amazing.


    Majestic didn't botch anything (do you work for Game Informer? They did a whole writeup on ARGs with barely a backhanded compliment to Majestic), thanks in large part to the fact that they offered the play experience that they advertised - not just another "we'll fix it in a patch" PC game.

    No, what killed Majestic was Sept. 11th - suddenly getting threatening phone calls in the middle of the night wasn't quite as fun anymore, so EA shutdown the game for a month *right* when a lot of those 3 month subscription plans were set to be renewed. Needless to say, most people were still in a 24hournews Coma and numbers were siginficantly lowered when the game came back online with the latest episode.

    Majestic probably could've survived this, but in October EA's online subscription game service got targeted by some decent hackers who stole a whole bunch of credit card information, which lead to EA just saying "Fuck it" and shutting down every game that was a part of their subscription service in November of 2001. So thus died Majestic, Silent Death: Online, and a bunch of other games that I never bothered to try.

    Terrorists and hackers man, terrorists and hackers. :x

    Didn't realize that. I just read a bunch of lack-luster reviews back in the day and didn't try it. Loved the concept, though.

    Avenrosh on
  • HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmmmm. Here's a new question for you. Instead of asking what IP you would like a MMO based on, what features do you think a good MMO should have?
    Something like the sidekick system in City of Heroes. If that didn't exist I wouldn't be playing it.

    Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Vathris wrote: »
    Ok no one has mentioned this so…

    MMO based on the Cowboy bebop universe; there is the right amount of known and unknown lore to really make the game a great experience for the four main gamer types. (killers, achievers, socialisers & explorers)

    Others include:

    .Hack//SIGN
    FFT

    But the reality is that we will most likely see an Armored Core or a Starcraft MMO. [Which I would love to play]

    I agree with the Cowboy Bebop MMO!

    Also isn't there already an Armored Core MMO out or am I thinking of Front Mission?

    Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There are Front Mission and Gundam MMOs, but they were never localized

    Pb on
Sign In or Register to comment.