As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Canadian Politics] Take care. Listen to health authorities.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    "Ontario Premier Doug Ford is currently polling between pink eye and stomach flu."

You're...not wrong, CBC.

Did they actually say that? That's uncharacteristically honest and insightful for the CBC.

One of the commentators, yes.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Go to sleep, child, so I can drink and watch Netflix and stop following this madness.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    To whoever voted in their Canada 150 shirt, high-five!

I voted in advance last week, but I remember being slightly amused to realize I was wearing my Canada 150 sweater to the polling station.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I voted. Instead of a estimated 90% majority for my riding, it’s now only 89.999%

:(

Invectivus on
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    vsove wrote: »
    Go to sleep, child, so I can drink and watch Netflix and stop following this madness.

Kid's nervous about CPC government, ya can't blame him.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    As a federal public servant...*grabs bottle*

Characters
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Hey the Greens are leading in one! In Fredericton, beating the Con by 600 votes and the incumbent Liberal by 800 votes. Damn tight three-way race, but come on Green!

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    At this rate, only 167 more elections until the Greens form the government!

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    This conservative jamoke on CBC

“I don’t think Quebec are racists....they are xenophobic.”

That’s still bad!!!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Voted. Apparently a coin toss in polls for my riding for the liberal incumbent.

Wife begrudgingly not voting NDP.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
  • Options
    Most polls close soon. Hold on to your butts.

[Prepares for like 70 ridings to be called immediately]

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Thunder Bay made the news...

...for fucking up times on polling cards, causing an hour delay in terms of closing time. Woo, Thunder Bay.

Thunder Bay has done worse.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    So, as an American....who do you people want to win?

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    not the military surplus guys whose name I forget

not old man yells at cloud

oh and not regular mr. burns. burns pretending to be cool is ok i guess

Space Pickle on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Minority liberals

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Mim wrote: »

Want, in an impossible dream world? NDP.

Want, in a realisitc scenario? Liberal minority working with NDP.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Dream unicorn fairy-tale possibility? NDP.

Realistically? Liberal plurality but not a majority (where they need to work with the NDP in order to from government).

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Also, hi Mim! I guess my reply to your Facebook status this morning got you curious :P

sig.gif
  • Options

Want, in an impossible dream world? NDP.

Want, in a realisitc scenario? Liberal minority working with NDP.

I mean, this ideally, but yeah

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Also, hi Mim! I guess my reply to your Facebook status this morning got you curious :P

it did!

I only know Trudeau because he's hunky and I'm sorry but that's how this American votes in Canadian elections.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular

ABC

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Hmm, say there’s a liberal majority. Cons turf scheer as leader then no?

Here’s a nightmare scenario in that event. Bernier merges the PPC with the Cons and the Canadian right goes full crazy.

:so_raven:
  • Options

it did!

I only know Trudeau because he's hunky and I'm sorry but that's how this American votes in Canadian elections.

Trudeau's not bad looking I admit but Jagmeet Singh (NDP) is no slouch in that department!

Andrew Scheer (Conservative) looks like a seal mated with a slug.

• Options
    Corvus wrote: »

Here’s a nightmare scenario in that event. Bernier merges the PPC with the Cons and the Canadian right goes full crazy.

Oh, I'm counting on the Cons going crazy if they lose. Not sure if they merge with the PPC, but pretty sure they go crazy

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options

it did!

Trudeau's not bad looking I admit but Jagmeet Singh (NDP) is no slouch in that department!

Andrew Scheer (Conservative) looks like a seal mated with a slug.

Hmm okay, then NDP and Liberal may kiss.

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    If the cons lose, Scheer is out and I will put cash money on Kenney making a hard push for the leadership.

It’s been his end goal for a while.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I saw a pic on CBC today of Scheer and he looked spot on like Brock Turner, noted rapist.

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »

Oh, I'm counting on the Cons going crazy if they lose. Not sure if they merge with the PPC, but pretty sure they go crazy

Are you guys living in a world where the Cons have not already gone crazy?

Anyway, there's no chance in hell the Cons don't kick Scheer to the curb if he loses tonight. He's barely holding on to the party as it is. Which sucks for Bernier, he could have done a run for the leadership again a few months later, but now he's stuck with the PPC. I don't see why the Cons would welcome him back after he backstabbed them, most candidates in his party are CPC rejects, and he's polling at 1% so they don't exactly need his support. This isn't a Reform/PC situation for the CPC.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KetBra wrote: »

Are you guys living in a world where the Cons have not already gone crazy?

Anyway, there's no chance in hell the Cons don't kick Scheer to the curb if he loses tonight. He's barely holding on to the party as it is. Which sucks for Bernier, he could have done a run for the leadership again a few months later, but now he's stuck with the PPC. I don't see why the Cons would welcome him back after he backstabbed them, most candidates in his party are CPC rejects, and he's polling at 1% so they don't exactly need his support. This isn't a Reform/PC situation for the CPC.

Compare the Canadian federal conservatives with any of the provincial conservative parties, let alone foreign conservative parties and tell me with a straight face that they are as extreme

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    vsove wrote: »
    If the cons lose, Scheer is out and I will put cash money on Kenney making a hard push for the leadership.

It’s been his end goal for a while.

This would be hilarious in many ways with all his current rhetoric as Alberta premier.

• Options
    I wish CBC had a separate indicator for currently leading ridings and definitely final results ridings.

It's weird that lib seats where they're leading 45 to 33 with 200 stations to report are lumped in with ridings where they're leading 17,000 to 10,000 with 10 stations left to report.

• Options
    Very torn on whether or not I want Bernier win his seat since if he doesn’t it will go Conservative

• Options
    On the one hand, a Conservative is leading a riding.

On the other hand, the riding is Maxime Bernier's and could possibly knock the People's Party off the board.

Hmmmmmm.

Characters
  • Options
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Very torn on whether or not I want Bernier win his seat since if he doesn’t it will go Conservative

Bit of a kang kodoss situation

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    It's very much long-term vs short-term. If the PPC fails now it might just die in the crib and the Canadian right (while already plenty bad) might stop bleeding sanity.

If the PPC manages to get even a toehold, it means the Conservatives might lose enough votes to fail hard this election and we get a Liberal minority who do a coalition with a strong-ish NDP...but if that happens the PPC could very well hollow the Tories out and devour them from the inside like the Reform party did, and we all know how that went from the last time.

The obvious golden middle ground of "PPC crashes and burns and Conservatives still have a bad night" still feels unlikely at this point.

• Options
    I don't like this CBC sentiment of "The Liberals are having a good night" while I watch the tracker lead skirt down around 20 seat leads at time.

Of course, the other, probably larger, contributor is the way they're doing this "Post the results to the tracker immediately even if we only had 5 more votes added".

Characters
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I keep trying to add up all the non-Con leading seats to see if it gets over 170, because then at least we'd be out of Con-majority territory.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    CTV has declared liberal win, dunno if minority or majority though.

• Options
    Nosf wrote: »
    CTV has declared liberal win, dunno if minority or majority though.

CBC also doing the same.

Characters