As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Finding a good wireless security system

deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
Looking for a 4-8 wireless camera security system, preferably with a DVR.

Problem is, when I think I found some decent hardware, I learn the mobile app sucks.

Anyone know of a decent system with a decent app?

Most of the cameras I look at use IP PRO and Eeseecloud as the app and they review terribly...

I want to like Night Owl but again, their apps review terribly...

• MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    My cousin uses Wyze and he likes it. It's not the real purpose, but you could use Nest cams or Simplisafe cams and their respective accounts/apps.

I don't know if Wyze has an app. You'll have to check reviews.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Lorex is the only DVR system that has a decent app, and they don't maintain it well. It works until it doesn't.

Which is better than Night Owl and Swann whose apps almost never work.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Local H Jay
  • deathnote666deathnote666 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the replies.

Does anyone have any experience with Annke?

• BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    My cousin uses Wyze and he likes it. It's not the real purpose, but you could use Nest cams or Simplisafe cams and their respective accounts/apps.

I don't know if Wyze has an app. You'll have to check reviews.

I use a couple of Wyze cams with microsd cards to watch our pets when we're away. Video quality is very very good and the app works perfectly well imo.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language