As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Baking is some old-timey county fair nonsense. I make bread by sous viding dough for twelve hours and then dumping it in a cold smoker box until it turns brown.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Peanutbutter and honey is delicious. Put it on a biscuit. Put it on a sandwich. Just mix it up in a mug and eat it.

It's good for you.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Bad food thread my mom was just arguing to me that waffles are a baked food item

And then she said the process of cooking pancakes was also baking, because they rise and are called cakes

I can't even process this

I mean, the standard ways of cooking both do meet the definition of baking.

Technically correct, the worst kind of correct.

You fry pancakes

Nah. At best you sear pancakes. Frying implies all the heat transfer comes from oil which isn’t the case.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I think the term might even be griddle, like, as a verb. I think it can be a verb.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I barbeque pancakes don't @ me.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    BBQ'd apple pie is pretty good. Just make sure the pie dish can handle it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Bad food thread my mom was just arguing to me that waffles are a baked food item

And then she said the process of cooking pancakes was also baking, because they rise and are called cakes

I can't even process this

I mean, the standard ways of cooking both do meet the definition of baking.

Technically correct, the worst kind of correct.

You fry pancakes

Nah. At best you sear pancakes. Frying implies all the heat transfer comes from oil which isn’t the case.

love a medium rare, reverse seared pancake

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I like mayo but who would just eat a spoonful of mayo

Hey.

Hi there.

Hi.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    We've discovered my little baby nephew may have a peanut allergy. If this results in peanut butter being banned from the house I'm not sure what we'll do. Is that even a future worth living?

• Options
    It's no problem. You'll just need to take your habit underground. Sneak down to the docks when your family isn't around, go through an unmarked door where a man named Skippy Jeff is standing behind an age-stained counter, polishing spoons. Say "Serve me up a slap of the good stuff, Skippy, it's my birthday." Skippy's product is the crunchiest in town, but goddamn does it go down smooth.

Stagger home hours later, slightly sticky and smelling like Jimmy Carter's laundry basket. Tell nobody where you've been. Drink some milk to get your head on straight and your tongue clear and get ready to act your way through another day.

(Sorry to hear about your nephew. That's a bad beat.)

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Just keep a pocket flask of warm peanbutt on you at all times to keep you going in times of need

• Options
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Just keep a pocket flask of warm peanbutt on you at all times to keep you going in times of need

How'd you find out my nickname from highschool?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Jedoc wrote: »
    It's no problem. You'll just need to take your habit underground. Sneak down to the docks when your family isn't around, go through an unmarked door where a man named Skippy Jeff is standing behind an age-stained counter, polishing spoons. Say "Serve me up a slap of the good stuff, Skippy, it's my birthday." Skippy's product is the crunchiest in town, but goddamn does it go down smooth.

His name is Geff.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

...how?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2019
    The trick is in the syrup rub

tynic on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Syrup rub sounds disturbingly sensual

• Options
    Do you want ants?

Because that is how you get ants.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    You could probably make a Dutch Baby with a BBQ

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »

...how?

BBQ and Grill are interchangeable terms in certain places

Some grills have griddle plates and not just bars

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    pretty sure these grocery deli spicy chicken wings are what's giving me tummy and butt troubles, but i don't want to throw it all out.

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    #1 BEST Burger in The U.S.!? All You Can Eat HOTPOT in Chicago! (26 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS-iJY6ufDc

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    omg, so there's a burger place with ketchup I really (REALLY) like. I got it to go for the first time and took one of them to-go tubs of it because of course I wanted some; but they also tossed some packets into the bag, that told me it is an actual brand I can just get in a store! A grocery store that's a bit further than I normally go, sure, but I have to get a new ketchup bottle like once a year so I can take that hit.

It's from a brand called Red Gold, and it's got a lovely tang to it. Maybe a more vinegar flavor?

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Red Gold is extremely good. It's what I used to use before my local grocery store started carrying Whataburger ketchup, which I like just a little bit more.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I used to get a brand of ketchup from some spice place in Easton, Maryland called Black Ketchup

That stuff was great. Black as molasses and came in a bottle sealed with wax.

• Options
    And here I am with my Safeway brand bottle of ketchup with sriracha.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    And here I am with my Safeway brand bottle of ketchup with sriracha.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't had it in over a decade and don't even know if that shop is still there

• Options
    Whataburger's spicy ketchup is a game-changer, and is available on their website for shipping if you don't feel like giving Amazon any attention.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Red gold is ketchup I associate with greasy diners

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I like Portland brand ketchup. Really any ketchup that has a tanginess to it versus the super sweet big brands.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I'm like 90% certain that Whataburger spicy ketchup is Heinz with Tabasco blended in

which is fine, I'm not knocking it at all, it tastes great

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I usually have mustard as I had mustard with my chicken and tots tonight and not with the good german style mustard but generic old French's

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    chromdom wrote: »

...how?

BBQ and Grill are interchangeable terms in certain places

Some grills have griddle plates and not just bars

And some bars have griddles!

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    I'm like 90% certain that Whataburger spicy ketchup is Heinz with Tabasco blended in

which is fine, I'm not knocking it at all, it tastes great

It's neither of those. It's nowhere near vinegary enough to be that, and it's not sweet enough to be Heinz. If anything it tastes closer to being mixed with sriracha.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    There was a bar I used to frequent north of Boston that had cheese steak eggrolls served with spicy ketchup that I’ve never been able to replicate,

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    There was a bar I used to frequent north of Boston that had cheese steak eggrolls served with spicy ketchup that I’ve never been able to replicate,

You'd probably need a deli slicer

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Cheesesteak eggrolls is a word combination that has me referencing Dr. Ian Malcolm in my brain.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    There’s a Vietnamese place near me. Most of their customers are Vietnamese, but they have a pretty broad customer base.

They order their menu by type of meat. So you have a small section of, say, chicken dishes, duck dishes, beef dishes. And so on.

They also have a small section of specialties that don’t fit into other categories. I was puzzled by it since there was a green chicken curry there, which seemed out of place by not being in the chicken section.

Also, it was labelled as ‘very spicy’.

It turns out there was a reason they kind of hid it away.

On the plus side, I am no longer hung over, I think it cured my cold and I can hear my teeth vibrating.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    That has no place in the Bad Food Thread. Get that out of here and in my belly.

• Options
    That has no place in the Bad Food Thread. Get that out of here and in my belly.

This discussion has been closed.