As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KRANCH [bad food]

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Horchata eh

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Arizona has a White Castle again!

I think it opened up in Scottsdale a week ago? Apparently the waits are very long right now, so I’ll wait a couple weeks before trying it. I haven’t had a White Castle burger in about 26 years.

Apparently it's over a hour wait.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Arizona has a White Castle again!

I think it opened up in Scottsdale a week ago? Apparently the waits are very long right now, so I’ll wait a couple weeks before trying it. I haven’t had a White Castle burger in about 26 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTk9HnIwEYU

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I heard you liked wrapped foods, so I put wrapped food inside your wrapped food

TACO TOWN

• Options
    After opening and using, I realized I accidentally bought LITE ranch dressing from last trip to store...

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    After opening and using, I realized I accidentally bought LITE ranch dressing from last trip to store...

decaf-spittake.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Horchata eh

not much what's horchata with you

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    God I want some horchata now
    https://youtu.be/ch8MzYclx5I

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I bought my Thanksgiving and Xmas dinner items today
    They were also doing a food drive where they asked if I would give and I said
    Over the years I have know tons of families and individuals that will forgo going to a pantry because of how others will perceive them. It's just sad they will choose hunger because of that.
    Because of the lack of funds I am only eating once a day and yes it sucks as after that run I was dead tired and hungry but there was little I can do about it

• Options
    kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    I saw some pumpkin spice bagels for sale a few days ago and I was seriously tempted, but I managed to contain myself. Now I'm constantly wondering if pumpkin spice bagels with cream cheese might not be the greatest thing ever and I probably won't be able to contain myself forever.

• Options
    AtheraalAtheraal Registered User regular
    I feel like pumpkin spice raisin bread would be good

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »
    I saw some pumpkin spice bagels for sale a few days ago and I was seriously tempted, but I managed to contain myself. Now I'm constantly wondering if pumpkin spice bagels with cream cheese might not be the greatest thing ever and I probably won't be able to contain myself forever.

I've had regular bagels with pumpkin spice cream cheese, which would have the same flavor profiles in each bite (kind of) and can say it's pretty good, but there are definitely better combinations.

The best bagels I've ever had are cranberry pistachio, which I make myself, which was a riff on the second best bagels I've ever had, which were cranberry walnut, which came from a local bakery.

Third and fourth best are poppyseed and sesame seed bagels in no particular order.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    kilnborn wrote: »

The spice implies theres no actual pumpkin in the bagel which would be preferrable

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    God I want some horchata now
    https://youtu.be/ch8MzYclx5I

Horchata is very much a summer drink for me, but it's sooo good, especially when you accidentally put way too much hit salsa on the tacos.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    im trying that bon appetit turkey dry brine on a chicken

hopefully gonna turn out nice. I'm half considering glazing it, although i've already butterflied it, and i dunno much about glazes so i dunno if it'll cook for long enough etc

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I strongly recommend the glaze, I made that yesterday and the glaze made the skin way better

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I fucking hate landjaeger so why can't I stop eating it

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I had a horrible revelation this weekend bad food thread:
    Apparently Steak Tartare, even steak Tartare made with the finest prime grade beef sourced from our local Costco does not agree with my GI tract. And when I say disagree, I mean there were casualties of the underwear variety and nearly the bed variety at 5:00am Sunday morning when my colon decided to replay the events of the Great Molasses Spill of 1919 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood without any warning or waking me up somehow.

Not sure what happened. This is only the 2nd time I've ever had steak tartare and my roomates who made the dish didn't have any problems so I'm doubting it's food poisoning, but good fucking lord this Sunday was a terrible day.

• Options
    I always marvel that the food vids I watch that travel around the world they never get sick or die from eating raw meat.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    I always marvel that the food vids I watch that travel around the world they never get sick or die from eating raw meat.

because most raw meat is totally fine to eat if butchered properly

also, small time vendors like food carts have a vested interest in their clients not unleashing the wrath of god on their toilets

it's predominately large corps that cut corners because fuck it they can just pay settlements and take it out of their employees benefits packages

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    You pretty much only have to worry about things like that if you buy your meat from a grocery store.

There are still cases of folks getting sick from super high quality meat, but the odds are in your favor.

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Also whether you get sick or not from a particular food can really vary from person to person.

I have multiple times in my life eaten the exact same thing someone else has and while they’ve gotten sick from it, been either completely fine or only very mildly affected. Maybe it’s a gut biome thing?

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I have eaten sheep meat one time and it gave me the most explosive mudmutt I've ever had, and it has turned me off from ever eating sheep again.

Everyone else that shared that meal with me was fine. I'm not sure if it was my biome or what (it probably was).

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Yeah I'll often be stuck on the loo shortly after a lamb meal.

I love lamb though, so I just accept it.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Green food coloring sends me straight to the bathroom, fortunately that’s easy to avoid if I steer clear of st Patrick’s day.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    cream garlic bread 강릉 육쪽 마늘빵 / korean street food 5:23
    https://youtu.be/R9oGA6sOWao

I guess I am still alive

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Green food coloring sends me straight to the bathroom, fortunately that’s easy to avoid if I steer clear of st Patrick’s day.

You never knew the joy of Heinz green ketchup? How sad

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    One time after an evening of numerous ounces of darkest black magic mescal and tacos I took a perfectly straight shit with regular spiraling grooves like the rifling in a gun barrel

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Good to know, thank you for sharing, bless you

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I didnt start talkin about shittin somebody else did Im just tryin to fit in I learned it I didnt make it

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    One time after an evening of numerous ounces of darkest black magic mescal and tacos I took a perfectly straight shit with regular spiraling grooves like the rifling in a gun barrel

Ah, this is because your rectum is actually a cannon barrel - you are a Transformer and you didn't even know it!

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

I guess I am still alive
    Somehow, the Italian part of my brain is recoiling in horror that it didn't think of that first.

Looks disgustingly delicious though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »

I guess I am still alive
    Somehow, the Italian part of my brain is recoiling in horror that it didn't think of that first.

Looks disgustingly delicious though.

I've found how I will die, at last

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

I guess I am still alive

This was a triumph

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Also whether you get sick or not from a particular food can really vary from person to person.

I have multiple times in my life eaten the exact same thing someone else has and while they’ve gotten sick from it, been either completely fine or only very mildly affected. Maybe it’s a gut biome thing?

I guess that must be the case. I've just managed to resume normal eating today after 48 hours. Just the idea of steak tartare has me nauseous at this point. Speaking of food, I'mma go grab breakfast. I forsee an egg mcmuffin in my future.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Man Panera Bread got rid of all the sandwiches I like

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Man Panera Bread got rid of all the sandwiches I like

They've still got my sandwiches but got rid of the French onion soup :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Panera bought a local cafe/bakery chain and slowly changed all the awesome handmade pastries into assembly line garbage. Fuck Panera.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I don't know if there's a food that DOESN'T make me feel terrible

This discussion has been closed.