[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Vagabond wrote: »
    So the seasonal title has a bunch of triumphs that are going away at the end of the season. Also, it has a collection badge that includes the ritual weapons and no indication that it’s going to expire. Can I do the triumphs and skip on doing the ritual weapons, but still get the title 6 months from now when I finally get them after the season is long over?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48369
    Over the course of the Season, the situation will be resolved and some of the related activities will go away as Season 9’s conflict arrives.

This will also be true of the Title associated with Season 8. Both the Triumphs and Badge for the new title will ask players to be participate during the Season of the Undying. Once the conflict has been resolved players will no longer be able to earn the season’s title, Undying.

I don’t like it.

The ritual weapons are the hardest part of it really. The entire Collection badge really.

The only other thing that takes much time is a tediously large amount of kills with specific weapons in the Vex Offensive.

the ship could prove tricky for some too. requires beating an Ordeal Nightfall on Master difficulty. 980 power level. that's gonna rough even with a powered up artifact.

Yeah I’m counting on you to carry me through that if we’re being honest. No pressure.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    got hush

i had this sick roll air assault hip fire grip kinetic bow and it just is nowhere near as good not least because it just isnt as accurate. hush is like a laser if ur midair if u give it icarus grip which rules for floating around, and the unique perk is super useful for finishing people who you tagged off - i only used it for 5 minutes and that got me at least 2 kills that otherwise i would have missed

big thing is it does 100 damage bodyshots which means u can 2shot some people, whereas the light energy bow i had couldnt...

https://youtu.be/XtiRT36aq_g

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure one of the shaders required for the collection is from a flawless GoS as well

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Pretty sure one of the shaders required for the collection is from a flawless GoS as well

nope. the shaders are from the Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit quests. the raid has its own collection tab.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

nope. the shaders are from the Vanguard, Crucible and Gambit quests. the raid has its own collection tab.

You're right. So to get the Seal we've gotta complete all three pinnacle weapons? And we can't complete them after this season?

• Options

You're right. So to get the Seal we've gotta complete all three pinnacle weapons? And we can't complete them after this season?

you can get the weapons outside of the season, but you wont be able to claim the associated triumph in the seal tab after the season is done. that's how i've been reading it anyone. you need to claim every triumph associated with the seal before the season ends. after that, the seal and any unclaimed/unmet triumphs will no longer be visible.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    So the seasonal title has a bunch of triumphs that are going away at the end of the season. Also, it has a collection badge that includes the ritual weapons and no indication that it’s going to expire. Can I do the triumphs and skip on doing the ritual weapons, but still get the title 6 months from now when I finally get them after the season is long over?

Over the course of the Season, the situation will be resolved and some of the related activities will go away as Season 9’s conflict arrives.

This will also be true of the Title associated with Season 8. Both the Triumphs and Badge for the new title will ask players to be participate during the Season of the Undying. Once the conflict has been resolved players will no longer be able to earn the season’s title, Undying.

I don’t like it.

As someone who has all three ritual weapons and all the triumphs except for the badge and the one you can't actually get yet done: me neither

I understand what they're trying to do, but previous to this titles did a really good job of requiring specific avenues of content to get them (example: you didn't need to get pinnacle crucible weapons for Shadow, or Reckoner, or Blacksmith). Changing the title for the season to be ephemeral I don't think necessitated a change to include all the ritual weapons.

"But Mike it's not even THAT hard to get Randy's!" yeah i've heard it on reddit already, but here's the thing: it kind of is, especially for someone who doesn't like crucible (or exit strategy and gambit, or even edgewise and strikes!), and the amount of grind involved in those things feels like it should be disconnected from a title that already has some pretty grindy shit in it

k that's my mini rant

• Options
    Got a NF run that got me an exotic AND a core AND a prism. Making up for last night I guess.

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »

I don’t like it.

As someone who has all three ritual weapons and all the triumphs except for the badge and the one you can't actually get yet done: me neither

I understand what they're trying to do, but previous to this titles did a really good job of requiring specific avenues of content to get them (example: you didn't need to get pinnacle crucible weapons for Shadow, or Reckoner, or Blacksmith). Changing the title for the season to be ephemeral I don't think necessitated a change to include all the ritual weapons.

"But Mike it's not even THAT hard to get Randy's!" yeah i've heard it on reddit already, but here's the thing: it kind of is, especially for someone who doesn't like crucible (or exit strategy and gambit, or even edgewise and strikes!), and the amount of grind involved in those things feels like it should be disconnected from a title that already has some pretty grindy shit in it

k that's my mini rant

and if you're already not a huge fan of crucible then being forced into the competitive playlist is just going to make it all the more gruelling. i've made some headway with that requirement but its definitely something i could live without.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Season rank 100.

Still dont have Traction.

Also that “Fated” engram (the last exotic engram only) is anything but that, I got a Darci, still dont have Monte Carlo.

• Options
    I don’t think Y3 exotics are in the engrams.

• Options
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Season rank 100.

Also that “Fated” engram (the last exotic engram only) is anything but that, I got a Darci, still dont have Monte Carlo.

Traction no longer exists, as far as anyone can tell.

Xur's exotic can't contain anything from Shadowkeep.

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »
    Season rank 100.

This is not Xur’s engram I’m talking about, its specifically the last exotic engram in the season pass that is the only one labelled “Fated”.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Season rank 100.

This is not Xur’s engram I’m talking about, its specifically the last exotic engram in the season pass that is the only one labelled “Fated”.

Yeah that also cannot contain Shadowkeep exotics.

• Options
    Season rank 100.

and it works the same way that the Fated Engram that Xur sells does. its weighted to give old exotics that you don't have yet. current year/season exotics are not included in its loot pool.

it is bullshit that its a late reward in the paid track though. it should have been in the free track with a proper exotic engram in the paid track.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Season rank 100.

The newest season's exotics have never been in the fated engram. Not since at least Forsaken and maybe even Warmind.

• Options
    Man tonight must be my lucky night. Ran one 750 Ordeal just finish off the weekly quickly and got Duty Bound to drop.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    I guess I just always assumed that the Undying title was going away at the end of the season. Many of the Triumphs are tied to Vex Offensive, which they have been clear in news posts and Vidoc is going away after Season of the Undying, so you won't have a way to even get the Triumphs. That said, that's because we're mostly the plugged in audience here, rather than the influx of new players who likely have no idea.

So yeah they could be more clear about it in game. The Solstice stuff if I recall was heavily telegraphed in game, whereas Undying is not. But at least personally it's why I've been trying to do a good amount of Vex Offensive each week in order to progress, and slowly working on Randy's. We're what, in week 4 only? There is still plenty of time to get everything done, but I can see being frustrated if you've been ignoring activities you'll now need to do if you want the title.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Me and two friends did the Master nightmare hunt last night. Weren’t able to manage the time trial or flawless sadly.

Then we took the same load out into the 980 Nightfall. Got myself a decently rolled Liar’s Handshake. Very happy!

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Sitting here feeling PERSONALLY ATTACKED I didn't win Fashion Week when three, count em THREE hunters used the hoodless cloak I'm only juuust unlocking right now.

WHAT ABOUT CAPELESS CLOAKS YOU FUCKING BASTARDS
    s8bv5xlcgn6t.jpg

Also I swear to god the red Titan they chose I've seen like a million that look identical too

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    I’ve been looking like a hobo, and wearing mistmatched armor for days.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    lakhesislakhesis Registered User regular
    I don’t think Y3 exotics are in the engrams.

Does Monte Carlo count? That's what I got out of my seasonal engram.

PSN: strangerfork
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular

A 5-pack of a single shader can work wonders for the clown-look.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm thinking of setting up a Leviathan run tomorrow for old and new players alike sometime in the evening.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Owenashi wrote: »

A 5-pack of a single shader can work wonders for the clown-look.

Also, if anyone's interested, I'm thinking of setting up a Leviathan run tomorrow for old and new players alike sometime in the evening.

I refuse to look halfway decent. Either I look fly as hell, or like someone who just picked this game up yesterday.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Anyone been picking up entries for the new lore-book related to Titan, 'Last Days Of Kraken Mare'? I decided to read the whole thing in one go at the Ishtar Collective site. Didn't think...
    ...the blurbs from the Titan armor-sets would actually get somewhat expanded upon.

• Options
    Working on some new looks for my hunter with my new hOoDlEsS cloak

All Neon
    fifra7xihp2h.png

Jade Monkey
    obf1x5mhg2dh.png

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't understand hoodless cloaks and frankly I don't support then

• Options
    It's just nice to see the other 75% of helmets that are usually covered

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Got that Ace of Spades. Glad it was a nice easy questline. And yeah, it's a pretty great gun.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Season rank 100.

The newest season's exotics have never been in the fated engram. Not since at least Forsaken and maybe even Warmind.

Thats great but this is still the first time they put one into a paid season pass so Forsaken and Warmind dont really matter here, all that engram said was “Includes exotic you dont have” nothing about “except this season” you know the season the pass is from.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Season rank 100.

Thats great but this is still the first time they put one into a paid season pass so Forsaken and Warmind dont really matter here, all that engram said was “Includes exotic you dont have” nothing about “except this season” you know the season the pass is from.

It's still just a fated engram. It was straight up stated in the patch notes that they only added Y2 random-drop exotics to the pool.

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait. I just got an edgelordy sword that shoots sword beams. I don’t know if it’s good but this is fun and dumb!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Phenotype Plasticity with Calus' Selected shader looks rill nice:
    rT3yBlvh.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    You are appliance white, you could double as a fridge, or perhaps a Ring doorbell (I do like the look though haha)

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    My favourite bit is all the Vex trapped in the juice box and tubes who have no mouth but must scream.

Right, back to the seasonal grind. At 34 now, making progress.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    What is the point of Matterweave? Why not just give me the core . . .

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    What is the point of Matterweave? Why not just give me the core . . .

A year ago cores were meant to be big important things. Like a whole bunch of things it is a relic of a bygone age.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    got hush

i had this sick roll air assault hip fire grip kinetic bow and it just is nowhere near as good not least because it just isnt as accurate. hush is like a laser if ur midair if u give it icarus grip which rules for floating around, and the unique perk is super useful for finishing people who you tagged off - i only used it for 5 minutes and that got me at least 2 kills that otherwise i would have missed

big thing is it does 100 damage bodyshots which means u can 2shot some people, whereas the light energy bow i had couldnt...

Yeah so Lightweight bows are typically no good in pvp (low impact, low accuracy) unless you're very precise and deliberate. Precision bows are particularly spicy because of the crit damage they deal, which allows you to follow up in any number of ways. I love running around with Hush, getting Archer's Gambit proc'd, hotswapping over to a Lucky Pants'd Last Word/Duke/Thorn, gunning that first poor fool down, then swapping back over to Hush to continue my rampage. Or just using Hush. Hush is great.

Lately I've been running Dragon's Shadow with DRB/Hush and it's crazy how aggressive you can be with a bow when you know you have an on-demand shotgun to back you up should things get hairy.

Honorable mention: Accrued Redemption with Quick Access Sling and Recluse. Also great for going on rampages.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    i wanted to proc archers tempo then swap to wishender but although the buff isnt removed it doesnt buff other bows

I WANNA END SOME WISHES INSTANTLY BANGOL LEME DO IT

big problem with the lightweight kinetic i had was that even with hip-fire grip its midair hipfire accuracy was dog, so couldnt dependably hit domes - whereas precision frames just need icarus and theyre g2g, which is a shame because i liked the speed

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png