As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Taken Space Cakes, Bakin' Taken Space Cakes

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    If I'm being honest I'm a little sad that we don't get Hive themed ornaments instead of Vex this season.

I want another set like this:
    zz4r1korlwty.jpg

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    you may not like it, but this is the ideal warlock body. this is what peak performance looks like

dxilobfcrn7t.png

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Is your guardian a fan of Purple Rain?

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I swore I’d never bother with any of the fancy weapon quests from vendors, they always just seemed like too much of a grind

But last night I looked at the triumph for recluse and... I already have the wins... and have already been dipping into comp thanks to the solo queue

Lord help me

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Next do Mountaintop!

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Recluse is basically a weekend of comp and don't suck *too* badly.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Recluse is basically a weekend of comp and don't suck *too* badly.

I really should polish that off while Comp has a decent population and it isn't too stupid.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Now is the time to do a Comp climb, I think. Having just done one for the first time myself and being a solidly mediocre PvPer, I went from 0 to Fabled in fewer than 20 games. You get hundreds of points for wins and lose fewer than 20 for losses. As long as you're contributing in the games, you'll climb fast.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Recluse is also probably one of the best all-around weapons for so much of Destiny.

So on the one hand, you can pretty easily pick up an absurdly powerful weapon just by not giving up on Comp this season.

On the other hand, you'll be tempted to stop using any other Energy weapon, so that is always a consideration.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    i need a kinetic grenade launcher so i queued for survival and i was possessed by the spirit of an xbox live halo player from 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_B9SVuVZs&feature=youtu.be

this is what we call "internet culture" i think fronds

they then supered me 3x and teabagged back so i think we had a productive meeting of minds

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Aside from a single 10 game losing streak where I had 6 games that put me on the shitty end of 2v3 matches, yeah, comp was pretty easy.

Seriously, that one string of games was ROUGH and frustrating because I was the top person on my team in almost every match, but it was 100% futile. Luckily the point floor keeps you from losing points beyond your current rank. And once that mini nightmare was over, the rest went easy.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    You can't just jerk it up and down like that. You have to let your tea steep longer or you're gonna have a terrible cup.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    If you're even halfway good with a sniper, Sniper/Recluse is one of the most potent combos in PvP. Pop someone with a snipe and then swap to your now JUICED UP Recluse and mop up the other two

Then you also get Revoker which lets you be very aggressive with snipers because lol what ammo economy and you got a stew goin baby

• Options
    Aside from a single 10 game losing streak where I had 6 games that put me on the shitty end of 2v3 matches, yeah, comp was pretty easy.

Seriously, that one string of games was ROUGH and frustrating because I was the top person on my team in almost every match, but it was 100% futile. Luckily the point floor keeps you from losing points beyond your current rank. And once that mini nightmare was over, the rest went easy.

There's also clearly some behind the scenes MMR that keeps ticking based on personal performance when that happens, because I came out of a string of several losses in which I was maintaining a >2.0 Efficiency but my team were just not getting it done and got over 500 points for my next win.

• Options
    If you're even halfway good with a sniper, Sniper/Recluse is one of the most potent combos in PvP. Pop someone with a snipe and then swap to your now JUICED UP Recluse and mop up the other two

Then you also get Revoker which lets you be very aggressive with snipers because lol what ammo economy and you got a stew goin baby

I want some stew, where do you get the Revoker?

• Options

I want some stew, where do you get the Revoker?

Pinnacle from Shaxx, get a bunch of sniper kills and sniper precision kills in Crucible and earn a bunch of Glory points (no set rank, just the points, you could bounce around in one rank forever and still finish this step).

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular

What's your heavy of choice?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Here's the invite page for the Leviathan run I mentioned wanting to run for both new and experianced players. Start time's 8PM-EST tonight for those that got time to grow fat from strength.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    The fashion showcase in this thread is blowing my MIND right now. Those looks are PRISTINE, holy hell! Keep it up.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »

What's your heavy of choice?

Colony. It's so mean.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    they need to add a special ammo sword that doesnt do very much damage so i can just use it to fly around

everybody always tryna hog the heavy ammo

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    It's pretty funny to one-shot people in supers with Leviathan's Breath, but it's basically just a bad void Sleeper with stagger and cheaper mods. Which I guess is fine, really.

• Options
    Xagar wrote: »
    It's pretty funny to one-shot people in supers with Leviathan's Breath, but it's basically just a bad void Sleeper with stagger and cheaper mods. Which I guess is fine, really.

I would say it's a bit more forgiving on wasted shots, since you can draw an arrow but also put it away. So if you realize you won't hit, you can save the heavy.

Also again highlighting the Sleeper quest is bullshit

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Xagar wrote: »

I would say it's a bit more forgiving on wasted shots, since you can draw an arrow but also put it away. So if you realize you won't hit, you can save the heavy.

Also again highlighting the Sleeper quest is bullshit

What's bullshit about it? Honest question because I don't even remember the quest beyond that you start it with that shitty Ikelos handcannon.

I definitely remember the catalyst is bullshit because fuck Prestige Spire of Stars.

• Options
    It requires a lot of EP and collecting little thingies and absolutely not the kind of thing I like to waste time on in the game

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I don't really remember the quest. When I came back I was on the last step of redo the final story mission with an ikelos weapon equipped, but I thought it had just been do stuff you'd normally do just with an ikelos weapon equipped and here's a hand cannon in case you haven't got an ikelos weapon yet. All I know is it's way better than the nascent Dawn line for the Polaris Lance which I'm still only halfway through

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I unlocked the leviathan's breath (man that arms dealer finale I'm sure for you super heroes it was easy, I had two hunters who were worse than NPCS so it was nerve wracking the whole fight including the end of the fight where I literally one it with a play of the game). That is a beefy boy boy.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    I like the 'shoot little elemental targets' part of the Sleeper quest.

I really hated the 'get keys and open little singing boxes' part.

Edit (assuming those were Sleeper steps... I remember having to do them but not why at this point)

CptHamilton on
    PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I unlocked the leviathan's breath (man that arms dealer finale I'm sure for you super heroes it was easy, I had two hunters who were worse than NPCS so it was nerve wracking the whole fight including the end of the fight where I literally one it with a play of the game). That is a beefy boy boy.

i struggled through that with a couple of pubs. been so long since i've had to do that full fight for any reason and the addition of constant bombardment meaning you can't stand still for even a second just felt unnecessary.

• Options
    is there any helmet that lets u see ur characters actual head/face

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Now and then I remember.
    Hello. 
    We understand you require Real-Time Combat Instructives.
    This is a BRAINVAULT Sigma-ACTIUM-X Cranial Dreadnought (Invictus Type). 
    It is a fortress for your skull. 
    Your skull is now a mighty bastion. 
    You can break anything with your skull. 
    The only limit is your spine. 
    Relax. 
    The lights will speak for you. 
    Your hands are your eyes now. 
    Look around. 
    You find hand-to-hand combat relaxing. 
    The lights will attract the enemy. 
    Help them to relax as well. 
    You will feel the effect of a CAREGRAVER Gamma-LYSANDER-IV Health Enforcer (Frontline Variant). 
    Your enemies do not have a skull fortress. 
    Their skulls are like meadows. 
    Play in the meadows. 
    Gather the flowers from the meadows. 
    Gather them with electrokinetic trauma. 
    Smell the flowers. 
    Isn't that nice?
    You are safe in your skullfort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFZjqVnWBhc

Pictured, two Titans in the crucible.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

Pft. They ain't loading that stuff in a place we expect the engine to do actual work.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    2 more for Saturday morning raid 7am PST! What's a weekend without a raid?

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/1350580

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

i struggled through that with a couple of pubs. been so long since i've had to do that full fight for any reason and the addition of constant bombardment meaning you can't stand still for even a second just felt unnecessary.

Yeah the bombardment with like super melee damage was what seemingly screwed my pubbies.

I am liking the bow though, I took it through a regular strike and it just wrecks npcs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Pft. They ain't loading that stuff in a place we expect the engine to do actual work.

i suppose it would be op if ppl could be blinded by my radiant visage

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    @surrealitycheck lookin good but ppl will just assume you're a new guardian if they see you in the tower with the wings

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Nope. Honestly they do their best most of the time to forget they even asked you to make a face.

For many of us, it's very helpful to not be reminded.

• Options
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    surrealitycheck lookin good but ppl will just assume you're a new guardian if they see you in the tower with the wings

i would never take the opinions of those without peer reviewed papers published in the journal of swagtology seriously

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    i played some competitive last night and it's funny that people (myself included) still haven't adapted to the reduction in damage resist on supers

so many times someone activated their super in a situation they would have just wiped the whole team before and they kill one or none and then die to a sad voop

DodgeBlan on

• Options
    CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Nope. Honestly they do their best most of the time to forget they even asked you to make a face.

For many of us, it's very helpful to not be reminded.

It was a joyous day, that day I found the 'show helmet in public spaces' option.

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian